PDA

View Full Version : new marine insurance program for high performance boats including cats and tunnels

marineinsurance
01-13-2005, 08:02 PM
We have a new marine insurance progam available for 2005 (not Markel or Ace). I have already saved a couple of 33' Daytona owners several thousand dollars per year on their premium. We are general agents for Markel and represent several other high performance marine insurance carriers including the new program mentioned above. I have personally been writing high performance marine insurance for over 15 years. If your getting non renewed or feel your paying to much for insurance call me at: 800 557 6952. lets see if you can fit into this new program, so far the rates seem very competitive. Talk to you soon. Thanks, Marty

Charley
01-13-2005, 08:13 PM
hmmmmmm
OK!

ELIMINAT THIS
01-13-2005, 08:26 PM
We have a new marine insurance progam available for 2005 (not Markel or Ace). I have already saved a couple of 33' Daytona owners several thousand dollars per year on their premium. We are general agents for Markel and represent several other high performance marine insurance carriers including the new program mentioned above. I have personally been writing high performance marine insurance for over 15 years. If your getting non renewed or feel your paying to much for insurance call me at: 800 557 6952. lets see if you can fit into this new program, so far the rates seem very competitive. Talk to you soon. Thanks, Marty
marineinsurance Are you saying no ky jelly or do we still need to bring half a bottle. :eek:

Jrocket
01-13-2005, 08:42 PM
I will call tomorrow.

mbrown2
01-13-2005, 08:43 PM
I will call tomorrow.
Ditto...

Daytona100
01-13-2005, 09:01 PM
Almost time to renew my policy not sure if i'me goeing to get sexually molested at the same time. At least a reach around for what there charging. All for a few months of FUN!!! :2purples: :2purples: Keep us posted you might have lots of takers if the price is right.

Kilrtoy
01-13-2005, 09:02 PM
Ditto X's3
oh wait I dont have a cat, never mind

Daytona100
01-13-2005, 09:10 PM
Whats after the 21 shockwave goes away?? Cant beat the ride and speed of a cat. And the EXPENSE!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

don johnson
01-14-2005, 05:55 AM
I went to high school with Marty and he is a solid guy. I talked to Marty yesterday as I am now in recent need of insurance since Ace has dropped all high perf cats. When Marty explained that he has a carrier that is soild and is much less then Markel with like coverage I suggested that he post a message on the board as there are many of us that need some assistance!

andy01
01-14-2005, 08:06 AM
I went to high school with Marty and he is a solid guy. I talked to Marty yesterday as I am now in recent need of insurance since Ace has dropped all high perf cats. When Marty explained that he has a carrier that is soild and is much less then Markel with like coverage I suggested that he post a message on the board as there are many of us that need some assistance!
So how was your quote? Is it that much less then ACE was? I had ACE on my DCB and they were the least expensive at the time.
Let us know what you find out.
Andy

don johnson
01-14-2005, 08:11 AM
So how was your quote? Is it that much less then ACE was? I had ACE on my DCB and they were the least expensive at the time.
Let us know what you find out.
Andy
Marty saved me a lot over Ace, surprisingly. I thought I was going to have to go back to Markel, when Ace non-renewed, which was $7k a year.

IN2MX
01-14-2005, 09:03 AM
Ditto X's3
oh wait I dont have a cat, never mind
That's funny....All I ever hear you say is.....
"HERE KITTY, KITTY, KITTY......" :D

carreraboat
01-14-2005, 03:01 PM
Are you restricted to what state you can sell insurance for?

Robbie Racer
01-15-2005, 08:57 AM
Okay, I will bite. I am in immeadiate need of insurance. Can you insure a 25' cat with 1100+ hp with speed capability of 120+ mph? :idea:

GLWBEAR
01-15-2005, 01:45 PM
Hey, guys I called this MARTY a number of times with no answer or any return calls. IS THIS SOME KIND OF A JOKE THAT YOU GUYS ARE TRYING TO PUU ON US? If the guy is legit, WHY no return calls? I'll wait and see what happens on Monday. I called about 2:30 pm on Friday.
We'll wait and see.
GLWBEAR :burningm: :D :confused:

Essex29
01-15-2005, 03:11 PM
I spoke to Marty on Friday morning...gave him all of my info and will be getting a call back Monday. He seems like he's been around for a while. I'll let you know what happens.

INSman
01-15-2005, 08:44 PM
2:30 on a Friday you called this guy ?? I am in the insurance business and I cut it short around 12:15 on Friday. I am sure he will call you on Monday, but since Monday is a holiday for some, it may as well be Tuesday :cool:
Hey, guys I called this MARTY a number of times with no answer or any return calls. IS THIS SOME KIND OF A JOKE THAT YOU GUYS ARE TRYING TO PUU ON US? If the guy is legit, WHY no return calls? I'll wait and see what happens on Monday. I called about 2:30 pm on Friday.
We'll wait and see.
GLWBEAR :burningm: :D :confused:

Boatlesss
01-16-2005, 02:43 PM
There is a company out of CANADA that apparently has backing in the States to write policies.
This has to be a very lucrative market as there are more and more performance boats out there that are going to need insurance. If someone does not step up and take peoples $$ at a reasonable rate, it’s going to kill the boat market.
There are going to be some strings attached to the new generation of boat insurance such as, blood alcohol level, theft and insured driver.
The insurance companies are in the driver’s seat.

Procraftkev
01-16-2005, 04:50 PM
That sounds cool!

plaster dave
01-16-2005, 07:17 PM
There is a company out of CANADA that apparently has backing in the States to write policies.
This has to be a very lucrative market as there are more and more performance boats out there that are going to need insurance. If someone does not step up and take peoples $$ at a reasonable rate, it’s going to kill the boat market.
There are going to be some strings attached to the new generation of boat insurance such as, blood alcohol level, theft and insured driver.
The insurance companies are in the driver’s seat.
The company in Canada do not use them if it is IFWS.

framer1
01-16-2005, 08:10 PM
The company in Canada do not use them if it is IFWS.
IFWS :confused:

plaster dave
01-16-2005, 08:14 PM
Sorry it's IWSF
International Water Safety Foundation Do a search and you will find lawsuits and cease and desist orders.

Rocket-J
01-16-2005, 08:50 PM
If it sounds too good to be true, you know the story. I checked them out 6 months ago. The rate was great but I don't believe they are lic. in Cal. Check and see if something has changed. Al

Boatlesss
01-16-2005, 08:51 PM
Not IWSF, I cannot remember the companies name but the details are supposed to be finalized some time in mid Feb.
Another rumor is that Mercury is/has an interest in an insurance company.
They have invested all this $$ in their new engine packages and no one can insure their boats with the big power. They are also bowing to the power of the insurance companies.

jackpunx
01-17-2005, 09:04 AM
Okay, I will bite. I am in immeadiate need of insurance. Can you insure a 25' cat with 1100+ hp with speed capability of 120+ mph? :idea:
How about 22" with the same specs?

hulshot
01-19-2005, 12:31 AM
Whos got a Stoker with those specs??

Charley
01-19-2005, 12:38 AM
MArk..... I brought those props home with me.... PM me yer address and Ill fed ex em to ya

jackpunx
01-19-2005, 08:31 AM
MArk..... I brought those props home with me.... PM me yer address and Ill fed ex em to ya
No worries on the fed ex.. I'll come get them from you when I get closer to picking up my boat..
thanks.. you da man
Mark

jackpunx
01-19-2005, 08:32 AM
Whos got a Stoker with those specs??
One of 2 guys in Nor Cal.. Not sure which one though.. :2purples:

HavasuDreamin'
01-19-2005, 10:26 AM
Company out of Canada? :eek: How reputable are they? Is there any info. on them paying out?
What happens if they refuse to payout on a claim (which is when you need them most). Then you have to go across international borders and sue them in a foreign country??? :hammerhea
I think the quality of the insurance company gets overlooked by many on this board. :frown:

Robbie Racer
01-19-2005, 10:35 AM
I just got off the phone with Marty. He said no way on a 25' or less boat over 100 mph. He said that Markel will at least take a look at 26' and over that have 100 mph capabilities. Same $hit that I have been hearing from everyone else. :yuk:

jackpunx
01-19-2005, 11:03 AM
I just got off the phone with Marty. He said no way on a 25' or less boat over 100 mph. He said that Markel will at least take a look at 26' and over that have 100 mph capabilities. Same $hit that I have been hearing from everyone else. :yuk:
I have gotten the same answers .. but waiting for a call back.. I think it will be the same.. :rolleyes:

hulshot
01-19-2005, 12:29 PM
I should have no problems then, I have a boat that will only do 70 or SO mph. stock power and it is still hard to get insurance and a smaller boat unless it is a bass boat that can go 90. I think I am going to give up boating and fly kites instead, its cheaper and you dont need insurance. :mad:

hulshot
01-19-2005, 12:31 PM
Carley what props do you have to try out on the Stokers??

TUNNEL T
01-20-2005, 09:03 PM
don't worry about the props your fling a kite! TUNNEL T
:hammer2:

Boatlesss
01-20-2005, 09:17 PM
Company out of Canada? :eek: How reputable are they? Is there any info. on them paying out?
What happens if they refuse to payout on a claim (which is when you need them most). Then you have to go across international borders and sue them in a foreign country??? :hammerhea
I think the quality of the insurance company gets overlooked by many on this board. :frown:
They have to be bonded in the States, that why its in process.

Charley
01-20-2005, 11:38 PM
JP wants to try a 32" 5 blade hydromotive P5 ....... with his power he can spin it.... question is does he have the balls or stupidity to bang em off the rev limiters ;)

cjordan
01-21-2005, 11:34 AM
SO......is it the same old story with these guys on twin engine cats? IE 28 Daytona:sleeping: :idea:

Jrocket
01-21-2005, 12:15 PM
SO......is it the same old story with these guys on twin engine cats? IE 28 Daytona:sleeping: :idea:
Ya lost me on that one.

jackpunx
01-21-2005, 12:22 PM
JP wants to try a 32" 5 blade hydromotive P5 ....... with his power he can spin it.... question is does he have the balls or stupidity to bang em off the rev limiters ;)
LMAO.. I was told to be carefull not to break it.. I heard they are only rated for 600HP :D
Rev limiters?.. where do I get one of those? :(
BTW Charley.. Your going with me on that ride.. We'll borrow a life line from your yongest.. it should fit you.. :D

Jrocket
01-21-2005, 12:24 PM
LMAO.. I was told to be carefull not to break it.. I heard they are only rated for 600HP :D
Rev limiters?.. where do I get one of those? :(
BTW Charley.. Your going with me on that ride.. We'll borrow a life line from your yongest.. it should fit you.. :D
I must have missed the bulletin but did you have more motor work done?

jackpunx
01-21-2005, 12:26 PM
I must have missed the bulletin but did you have more motor work done?
I got new gears.. 1.96 :D
J/K
yea.. they are turning a few screw to say the least :D

Jrocket
01-21-2005, 12:28 PM
I got new gears.. 1.96 :D
J/K
yea.. they are turning a few screw to say the least :D
Did you go back to Gary?

RACER52
01-21-2005, 12:30 PM
:sleeping:
damn sleepers, 1:96 where do I get those??
from a bravo 3?????
will it get me to 120mph :D
racer

jackpunx
01-21-2005, 12:44 PM
Did you go back to Gary?
Yea.. Im really happy with them..

cjordan
01-21-2005, 01:44 PM
Ya lost me on that one.
Too good to be true...I haven't heard any results from everyone who said they were going to check with them....other than the single engine guys.

jackpunx
01-21-2005, 01:46 PM
Too good to be true...I haven't heard any results from everyone who said they were going to check with them....other than the single engine guys.
well.. I have not gotten any positive results back.. and I have contacted everyone of the INS guys on the board..

Kilrtoy
01-11-2006, 11:27 PM
So what ever happen to these company that promised lower rates and all...

02HoWaRd26
01-12-2006, 08:32 AM
I still don't understand why the Cats are SO I mean SO much more expensive it's stupid

24skaterVA
01-12-2006, 08:47 AM
I have IWSF & everything seemed to be legit. I had to get a marine survey also, before they would insure me. I talked to another gentleman that used them & had to turn the paperwork into his bank, & his bank was also cool with it. Where is everyone hearing all these bad things from?

carreraboat
01-12-2006, 10:27 AM
what is IWSF? and what are you insuring and how much did they charge

Kilrtoy
01-12-2006, 10:30 AM
I have IWSF & everything seemed to be legit. I had to get a marine survey also, before they would insure me. I talked to another gentleman that used them & had to turn the paperwork into his bank, & his bank was also cool with it. Where is everyone hearing all these bad things from?
Sure they will take your money...
But they do have cease and disist orders in serval states for various reasons, one of which being, non payment of claims.....

andy01
01-12-2006, 03:10 PM
Sure they will take your money...
But they do have cease and disist orders in serval states for various reasons, one of which being, non payment of claims.....
Where did you hear that? I am about to do a deal with them, cat, over 100 mph, 500 liabilty. I would like to know your source before I sign or where I can find more out? I know the only state they can't write/or don't write in is FL.

24skaterVA
01-12-2006, 05:20 PM
Where did you hear that? I am about to do a deal with them, cat, over 100 mph, 500 liabilty. I would like to know your source before I sign or where I can find more out? I know the only state they can't write/or don't write in is FL.
I'd like to know this also. Where did you hear tis from because I would really like to find out more about this.

ClownRoyal
01-12-2006, 07:01 PM
2004 DCB F29 trip 300xs. Quote please.

andy01
01-12-2006, 09:15 PM
2004 DCB F29 trip 300xs. Quote please.
Psss... That was posted a year ago.......

Kilrtoy
01-12-2006, 11:06 PM
i just bumped it to the top of the sandbar
http://***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76605

Kilrtoy
01-12-2006, 11:08 PM
With as much money as our boats cost, I would not risk it.....
and since ANDY does not like pics of the wife, hope this one is better
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/11114.jpg

ELIMINAT THIS
01-12-2006, 11:34 PM
With as much money as our boats cost, I would not risk it.....
and since ANDY does not like pics of the wife, hope this one is better
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/11114.jpg
Just because Andy doesnt like you posting picks of your wife,doesnt mean you should make the rest of us rip our eyes out. :argue:

INSman
01-12-2006, 11:47 PM
I'd hit it !!! :220v: :2purples: :eek: :D

ClownRoyal
01-13-2006, 10:16 AM
Psss... That was posted a year ago.......
OK. Where?
Forget it...I got ya. Need to read the dates on these things.
How about starting new threads? :rollside:

andy01
01-13-2006, 11:06 AM
i just bumped it to the top of the sandbar
http://***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76605
Thanks for the link and the pic. Both made my day......... :yuk: Guess I better do some more checking before I sign.
Andy

Kilrtoy
01-13-2006, 12:28 PM
I'd hit it !!! :220v: :2purples: :eek: :D
After seeing your mag articles, I would believe it.....

diggler
01-17-2006, 01:13 PM
I just posted this earlier in another thread....
IWSF - International Water Safety Foundation is a Panamanian company with offices in Canada. They also operate under the name of North American Marine General Insurance Company. They have cease and desist orders in Texas, Pennsylvania, Florida, Louisiana, and a few other states. Based on the California Dept. of Insurance, they are not in good standing in this state.
How do I know this?..... Well, i almost went with them before another HBFM tipped me off and I did some research to validate that they are not a good choice. Look closely, and make sure you don't get screwed. God help anyone that has to actually make a claim!