PDA

View Full Version : Eliminator 20' Daytona?

Havasu Hangin'
01-14-2005, 03:59 PM
The new Hot Boat...page 49.
Man, that thing looks big for a twenty footer...

HavasuDreamin'
01-14-2005, 04:42 PM
How could they miss that? :sleeping: I could understand a mis-print in the middle of the article, but............. :hammer2:

Eliminator 4 Life
01-14-2005, 04:47 PM
Yea I saw that what a joke try 30' hot boat ha ha what about the other mis type on the 25 foot shockwave it says its a walk thru and its a freakin closed bow. Whos doing the proof reading for this magazine

ChumpChange
01-14-2005, 05:14 PM
Hot Boat has a Magazine? Sorry. Didn't mean to bring my trash jokes over to C&T.

Kilrtoy
01-14-2005, 05:17 PM
Yea I saw that what a joke try 30' hot boat ha ha what about the other mis type on the 25 foot shockwave it says its a walk thru and its a freakin closed bow. Whos doing the proof reading for this magazine
the same moderators from hot boat forums :hammerhea

Kachina26
01-14-2005, 05:25 PM
Whos doing the proof reading for this magazine
When making fun of ones proof reading skills, it is wise to proof read your post. ;)

Eliminator 4 Life
01-14-2005, 06:01 PM
Hey fawker :D I didnt make a mistake like a 20' and a 30' atleast
Sorry kachina (Who's) maybe I should get a job as a proof reader ha ha

Havasu Hangin'
01-14-2005, 06:05 PM
Hey fawker :D I didnt make a mistake like a 20' and a 30' atleast
...or like a space between "at" and "least". :D

Eliminator 4 Life
01-14-2005, 06:12 PM
:shift: Come on HH how you been :D

Kilrtoy
01-14-2005, 06:16 PM
When making fun of ones proof reading skills, it is wise to proof read your post. ;)
If that wasn't a kick in the http://www.theinsideline.net/forum/images/smilies/kickballs.gif.
E4L are you ok? Can you breath yet?

Eliminator 4 Life
01-14-2005, 06:21 PM
Yea Im cool Kilr I didnt know the english teacher was in the house. Now lets dring some beer Ill buy since ELIMINATOR has the fastest boat on the west coast ever tested by HOT BOAT :eek: :cool:

Kilrtoy
01-14-2005, 06:29 PM
Yea Im cool Kilr I didnt know the english teacher was in the house. Now lets dring some beer Ill buy since ELIMINATOR has the fastest boat on the west coast ever tested by HOT BOAT :eek: :cool:
And then the one time pass and the drive broke , WHAT??????????????? :2purples:

Eliminator 4 Life
01-14-2005, 06:30 PM
And then the one time pass and the drive broke , WHAT??????????????? :2purples:
Keep dreaming he did the same speed in Sac at the bridge to bridge :cry: :boxed:

Havasu Hangin'
01-14-2005, 06:47 PM
When I was a kid, I had a mini truck with a pretty built Chevy 327 in it. Turbo 350 trans, 4.11 gears, McCreary street slicks...etc. It was the fastest car in my high school (probably ran 11's...which was fast back in the stone age).
That pretty much proved that with enough power...you can make anything fast...
...but do you really want to? After all...it was still a mini truck. :idea:

andy01
01-14-2005, 07:07 PM
When I was a kid, I had a mini truck with a pretty built Chevy 327 in it. Turbo 350 trans, 4.11 gears, McCreary street slicks...etc. It was the fastest car in my high school (probably ran 11's...which was fast back in the stone age).
Now that is a picture that would be worth 1000 words.......... Ole HH cruizing around high school as the bully...............
Does Dawn know of said mini truck?
Andy

LUVNLIFE
01-14-2005, 07:13 PM
19' and 21' yes for sure but a 20' Daytona :confused:

Eliminator 4 Life
01-14-2005, 07:23 PM
HH I dont believe you maybe you should post a pic and a time sheet :p

Havasu Hangin'
01-14-2005, 07:27 PM
No...the mini-truck was PD (Pre Dawnn). The traction bars, glass-packs, and auto-eject cassette were cutting edge back then! :supp:
HH I dont believe you maybe you should post a pic and a time sheet :p
Sorry...they didn't have cameras back then...and the "hourglass" timing wasn't very accurate. :notam:
:D

Kachina26
01-14-2005, 07:30 PM
...or like a space between "at" and "least". :D
I was hoping for a question mark at the end of the sentence.
Kachina<----------------Bustin' on E4LF---------------->26
Come on now, it's all in fun;)

Havasu Hangin'
01-14-2005, 07:32 PM
Come on now, it's all in fun;)
Maybe we'll change your screenname to:
"Spellchecker 4 Life"
Was your dad a spellchecker? :hammerhea

Kachina26
01-14-2005, 07:47 PM
Maybe we'll change your screenname to:
"Spellchecker 4 Life"
Was your dad a spellchecker? :hammerhea
No, I'm just a jacka$$ :D Dad was an engineer, so I don't see how that could make me anal about anything . :confused:

Kilrtoy
01-14-2005, 08:03 PM
Now that is a picture that would be worth 1000 words.......... Ole HH cruizing around high school as the bully...............
Andy
Now he just cruises in the white whale looking for poor unsuspecting chicks to get drunk and take advantage off....

Kachina26
01-14-2005, 08:05 PM
Now he just cruises in the white whale looking for poor unsuspecting chicks to get drunk and take advantage off....
AH HA!!!!!! I got ya!!!! You misspelled the word of !!!!! You're on double secret probation now!!!!

Havasu Hangin'
01-14-2005, 08:08 PM
Yeah...and Kilrtoy always has the innocent virgins (who don't drink) on his boat. :notam:

Havasu Hangin'
01-14-2005, 08:09 PM
AH HA!!!!!! I got ya!!!! You misspelled the word of !!!!! You're on double secret probation now!!!!
Oh man...we've created a monster... :supp:

Eliminator 4 Life
01-14-2005, 08:10 PM
:messedup: :D No...the mini-truck was PD (Pre Dawnn). The traction bars, glass-packs, and auto-eject cassette were cutting edge back then! :supp:
Sorry...they didn't have cameras back then...and the "hourglass" timing wasn't very accurate. :notam:

Eliminator 4 Life
01-14-2005, 08:13 PM
Kachina dont worry I dont take anything serious :cool: Im off to the bar see you guys tomorrow :)

Kachina26
01-14-2005, 08:18 PM
Oh man...we've created a monster... :supp:
Buwahahahaha!!!!!!!
Gee, I hope I spelled that right. :idea:

Robbie Racer
01-14-2005, 08:47 PM
Keep dreaming he did the same speed in Sac at the bridge to bridge :cry: :boxed:
He ran 142 on radar at the Bridge to Bridge last July. The water and air conditions at Havasu are much better than at Sacramento.

Kilrtoy
01-14-2005, 08:51 PM
Yeah...and Kilrtoy always has the innocent virgins (who don't drink) on his boat. :notam:
FRICKIN pirates always trying to steal my virgin wenchs......

RiverOtter
01-15-2005, 04:13 AM
I noticed that and they refer to one of the boats as a walk through but it's clearly a cuddy. :rolleyes:

Eliminator 4 Life
01-15-2005, 06:40 AM
He ran 142 on radar at the Bridge to Bridge last July. The water and air conditions at Havasu are much better than at Sacramento.
Ill have Mark call you to tell you. :idea:

Eliminator 4 Life
01-15-2005, 06:41 AM
I noticed that and they refer to one of the boats as a walk through but it's clearly a cuddy. :rolleyes:
Riverotter you better go look at that shockwave again its a closed bow :D

Robbie Racer
01-15-2005, 08:51 AM
Ill have Mark call you to tell you. :idea:
I stand corrected. The official scorecard had Mark's best run marked down at 143 (according to the official radar gun) in Sacramento. (See attached pic). Due to the angle of the radar, he was probably actually going 146. At least that's the difference that I saw between GPS and the radar gun.
I think that boat is one of the nicest boat's in that size range that I have ever seen. The only thing that I would be concerned about if I owned it, would be a possible failure of one of the SC drives at 150 mph. Those drives aren't known for long term reliability with 1150 hp engines and if one let go at that speed I shudder to think how it would affect the handling of the boat. :2purples: I think #6 drives or Wiseman's would have been a better choice of drives from a safety point of view.

Eliminator 4 Life
01-15-2005, 09:03 AM
:jawdrop: I guess you got me there you got a picture showing the speeds :D

Robbie Racer
01-15-2005, 09:06 AM
143 is still darn impressive on that course with sticky water and hot air quality conditions. :D

Eliminator 4 Life
01-15-2005, 09:12 AM
So RR where do you got boating at and do you have smooth as glass do alot of work for you??

Robbie Racer
01-15-2005, 09:41 AM
We boat all over the NorCal area at places like Berryessa, Shasta, the delta, Don Pedro, New Malones, Oroville, Nacimiento and San Antonio. Where to you go boating? I'm surprised that I haven't seen your boat before.
I haven't used Smooth as Glass on the Carrera yet but I will be contacting them soon to repair a few dings. They did a great job of fixing the crack in the side of the "Bitch Quick" drag boat that I caused after I went out and over the side last March during a test sesson at Modesto. :2purples:

RiverOtter
01-15-2005, 09:52 AM
Riverotter you better go look at that shockwave again its a closed bow :D
Oh yeah.
Westcoast = Closed bow
Eastcoast = Cuddy = Closed Bow
My Bad :hammerhea

Eliminator 4 Life
01-15-2005, 11:13 AM
We boat all over the NorCal area at places like Berryessa, Shasta, the delta, Don Pedro, New Malones, Oroville, Nacimiento and San Antonio. Where to you go boating? I'm surprised that I haven't seen your boat before.
I haven't used Smooth as Glass on the Carrera yet but I will be contacting them soon to repair a few dings. They did a great job of fixing the crack in the side of the "Bitch Quick" drag boat that I caused after I went out and over the side last March during a test sesson at Modesto. :2purples:
Well I from Lake Don Pedro I usually go there or the Delta. What kinda of drag boat do you got? A good friend of the family had one called blown bucks used to run out of Hog Back on the Delta ring any bells. Im suprised I havent seen you before either well if you see me my name is Robbie to so it wont be hard to remember :D

Eliminator 4 Life
01-15-2005, 11:14 AM
Oh yeah.
Westcoast = Closed bow
Eastcoast = Cuddy = Closed Bow
My Bad :hammerhea
Not your bad actually Hot Boats ha ha :D

Kilrtoy
01-15-2005, 11:19 AM
I stand corrected. The official scorecard had Mark's best run marked down at 143 (according to the official radar gun) in Sacramento. (See attached pic). Due to the angle of the radar, he was probably actually going 146. At least that's the difference that I saw between GPS and the radar gun.
Im curious, how exactly was the radar placed that caused a 3MPH difference, showing a slower speed?

Eliminator 4 Life
01-15-2005, 11:26 AM
Im curious, how exactly was the radar placed that caused a 3MPH difference, showing a slower speed?
Kilr we cant tell you that you should have been there :p

Eliminator 4 Life
01-15-2005, 11:51 AM
:eek: Now I have seen it all. I was looking into the hot boat magazine a little further when have you ever seen a 25 foot shockwave with twins :argue: The Boat they have in there is a 29 how the hell :mad:

Kilrtoy
01-15-2005, 11:53 AM
I think Havasu hanging was drinking some of the CIg juice when he was proof reading

Robbie Racer
01-15-2005, 12:14 PM
Well I from Lake Don Pedro I usually go there or the Delta. What kinda of drag boat do you got? A good friend of the family had one called blown bucks used to run out of Hog Back on the Delta ring any bells. Im suprised I havent seen you before either well if you see me my name is Robbie to so it wont be hard to remember :D
I don't remember a Blown Bucks drag boat but it could have been running before I got into drag boat racing (in 1997). I owned and drove "Risky Business" a 19' Daytona Pro Gas Jet drag boat in both the NJBA and IHBA from 1998 through 2001. But the boat that I cracked the side when I was thrown out was a 18' CP light weight drag tunnel called "Bitch Quick" owned by Harold Traylor out of Modesto. I will look for you at some of the local boating events this summer and introduce myself.
Kilrtoy, the reason that the radar and GPS numbers are off at the Bridge to Bridge event is because of the way the course is laid out. In order to get the correct speed reading on radar, you need to be heading straight towards or away from the gun. At the Sacramento course that is difficult to do because you have to pass under a bridge with pylons that are fairly close together (at least it looks like they are close at high speed) right after you pass the gun. As soon as you go under that bridge you have to make a fairly hard left hand turn due to the rivers direction. Most drivers aim further left away from the gun in order to better negotiate that turn and that throws the radar readings off a few mph.
Keith

Kilrtoy
01-15-2005, 12:21 PM
At ten degrees the radar is still acurate, so to lose 3 mph they would have to be off quite a bit. Ill do the math later, the wife is yelling to get ready....

Eliminator 4 Life
01-15-2005, 01:06 PM
I don't remember a Blown Bucks drag boat but it could have been running before I got into drag boat racing (in 1997). I owned and drove "Risky Business" a 19' Daytona Pro Gas Jet drag boat in both the NJBA and IHBA from 1998 through 2001. But the boat that I cracked the side when I was thrown out was a 18' CP light weight drag tunnel called "Bitch Quick" owned by Harold Traylor out of Modesto. I will look for you at some of the local boating events this summer and introduce myself.
Kilrtoy, the reason that the radar and GPS numbers are off at the Bridge to Bridge event is because of the way the course is laid out. In order to get the correct speed reading on radar, you need to be heading straight towards or away from the gun. At the Sacramento course that is difficult to do because you have to pass under a bridge with pylons that are fairly close together (at least it looks like they are close at high speed) right after you pass the gun. As soon as you go under that bridge you have to make a fairly hard left hand turn due to the rivers direction. Most drivers aim further left away from the gun in order to better negotiate that turn and that throws the radar readings off a few mph.
Keith
IT was a Shovel nose Sanger blown and injected it ran around 125mph.I will look forward to meeting you RR.

RiverOtter
01-15-2005, 01:51 PM
Not your bad actually Hot Boats ha ha :D
Good point. What's even funnier, If I read it right. The pics show twin Scorpions. The right up shows a 496???

RiverOtter
01-15-2005, 01:53 PM
:eek: Now I have seen it all. I was looking into the hot boat magazine a little further when have you ever seen a 25 foot shockwave with twins :argue: The Boat they have in there is a 29 how the hell :mad:
I know ... Duh!!! They got the write up confused with the one going in the Powerboat Mag :notam:

Havasu Hangin'
01-15-2005, 08:26 PM
Man...don't you guys be telling Kilrtoy that radar isn't accurate. :jawdrop:
For Kilrtoy, that's worse than telling him there is no Santa CHP... :hammerhea

Jbb
01-18-2005, 05:16 AM
HH=...Old...... :D

Havasu Hangin'
01-18-2005, 05:25 AM
HH=...Old...... :D
Once again...we are in complete agreement! :supp:
BTW...we didn't have clocks back then, either. To time it, I just counted...
...one-one thousand...two-one thousand...three-one thousand...

mbrown2
01-18-2005, 09:23 AM
I hear ya, but I am also not making a magazine..
I read it this morning and I was suprised at the amount of blantant mistakes...specifically the Shockwave test where they are saying 25, and the pics are of a 29 with twins...Do they proof read?

Jbb
01-18-2005, 09:32 AM
Once again...we are in complete agreement! :supp:
BTW...we didn't have clocks back then, either. To time it, I just counted...
...one-one thousand...two-one thousand...three-one thousand...
Its as If we think as one!