PDA

View Full Version : (the BOOTLEGGER) need info.

72 Hondo
01-16-2005, 10:34 AM
I wanted to know if any of you guy´s had any info and or pictures on Denny Vaukle (spelling ?) All that I know is that the name of the boat was BOOTLEGGER, Blown Gas Flat I beleive. He had flipped his boat and died in Red Bluff in late 70´s or early 80´s. If you have any information I whould be thankful. :)

Hairysituation2
01-16-2005, 11:00 AM
A friend of mine used to race with him I have seen pictures of his boat and I don't think the boat name was "bootleger" he had that printed on T shirts.The name of his boat was Flat outa sight

Fiat48
01-16-2005, 11:09 AM
Flat outa sight was Denny Vachel (spelling) and he ran Pro Gas Flat (which may have been called Unblown Gas Flat at that time) and crashed at Red Bluff in the early 80's. Chrysler powered. Lightweight Howard as I remember. New boat with few runs or first outing in that boat. Bootleg was the name of Denny's T shirt buisness as I recall.

72 Hondo
01-16-2005, 12:59 PM
This is why I posted this, to get the right information. If you guy´s can dig up some pictures it whould be great. I whould like to know more about him because, he was one with Ideas on setting up my boat, He was a freind of my Dad´s, I dont know how well the knew each other. I just want to know how far back the idea´s for my boat came from. And now I remember flat outa sight was the name on the boat I heard it somewhere but could´nt remember and bootlegger, is that company still around?
Thanks,

Fiat48
01-16-2005, 03:18 PM
I knew Denny as a competitor and that was about it. However on another forum is a guy who knew Denny very well and may be able to tell you more. I'll get in touch with him.

Hairysituation2
02-04-2005, 09:06 PM
This is what I got for now