PDA

View Full Version : Lake Perris Drive

Raisin Wake
01-16-2005, 06:18 PM
Went out for a spin on Lake Perris today. Nice day, clean water. I have to say that I've never seen Lake Perris look so nice. Lots of water. Saw a few other Hot Boaters out there as well. I'm new to the community, so I didn't recognize any of them. I did talk to a guy with an '83 Eliminator jet. Looked pretty good. Sounded even better.
By the way, my neighbors were packing for a snow trip, I was prepping the boat for a lake ride. Only in California. :)

bordsmnj
01-16-2005, 09:08 PM
howdy. your from mentone? is the yaght club still there?

Raisin Wake
01-17-2005, 06:57 AM
howdy. your from mentone? is the yaght club still there?
Last time I checked.... :rollside:

a catered life
01-17-2005, 07:29 AM
yea perris is really nice when its not to many people on the water :yuk:

dmontzsta
01-17-2005, 09:16 AM
Dont let the water fool you, it looks VERY clean but is full of bacteria. It is a good place but not alot of room and gets crowded out quick. Also, there is alot of sea doos there. It is very close to my house though, so it is a great test tank.

JustMVG
01-17-2005, 05:37 PM
It's too cold for the bacteria to breed, but just give it some time, and by April it will live up to the namesake of Polio pond, hope the water stays high in all of our inland empire lakes!!!
Hows Castaic looking

SHOTKALLIN
01-17-2005, 06:58 PM
whats the speed limit on Perris and how fast have you gone? Is there a patrol boat there daily?

Mahaskier
01-17-2005, 07:19 PM
The speed limit on Perris is 35 mph. There are patrol boats on the lake, but during the week they don't really bother anyone unless their just stupid. During the weekend however, enforcement is tough. The reason being is there are alot more stupid people on weekends.
As mentioned above there are a lot of personal water craft out there, and people who just don't know crap about boats.
The backside of the island is a good place to test speed during the week.
Lake Elisanore has a speed zone down the center of the lake which you can use during the week. However they closed it down on weekends.

Raisin Wake
01-17-2005, 07:28 PM
No patrol boats out on Sunday. I was able to pull a couple of runs on the back side of the island. Several other hot boaters had the same idea. Not to many other boats or seadoos to deal with. Give it a few months and it will be a zoo...

shueman
01-17-2005, 08:20 PM
The speed limit on Perris is 35 mph. There are patrol boats on the lake, but during the week they don't really bother anyone unless their just stupid. During the weekend however, enforcement is tough. The reason being is there are alot more stupid people on weekends.
As mentioned above there are a lot of personal water craft out there, and people who just don't know crap about boats.
The backside of the island is a good place to test speed during the week.
Lake Elisanore has a speed zone down the center of the lake which you can use during the week. However they closed it down on weekends.
No license, no boat...it's time to change...

Bob Hostetter
01-18-2005, 08:55 AM
During the week enforcement is not too bad, especially if you go down by the damn or behind the island. However once you get their attention, they will keep an eye on you the rest of the day. Weekends are horrible, too many boats and too many PWC's.......
We went out there during the week last spring to test my buddies flat after redoing the fuel system and we didn't even get out pass the bouys at the launch ramp before they stopped us.
We have had better luck at Silverwood, but the wind comes up in the afternoon and it can get kinda rough.

FRENCHIE
01-18-2005, 04:17 PM
Went out for a spin on Lake Perris today. Nice day, clean water. I have to say that I've never seen Lake Perris look so nice. Lots of water. Saw a few other Hot Boaters out there as well. I'm new to the community, so I didn't recognize any of them. I did talk to a guy with an '83 Eliminator jet. Looked pretty good. Sounded even better.
By the way, my neighbors were packing for a snow trip, I was prepping the boat for a lake ride. Only in California. :)
you prob could launched up at mentone last week in the creeek with all the rain!!! :hammer2: :D ;)