PDA

View Full Version : I need some info on stereo remotes.....

HOOTER SLED-
01-16-2005, 09:18 PM
I'm talking about the ones you can mount on your transom. Anyone have any pics????? The ones I've seen I think were Sony. Do they only work with Sony decks???? Are there other brands? They are not wireless correct?? Who's got the info???? ROZ????????

Kilrtoy
01-16-2005, 09:19 PM
I prefer this one, except once in awhile it talks back ...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111P1230015.JPG

Mandelon
01-16-2005, 09:24 PM
Yeah, where is roz? I sent him a pm on Saturday....

HOOTER SLED-
01-16-2005, 09:27 PM
Yea, she has nice buttons. :D Sometimes those types of models tend to get a mind of their own and play shit you don't wanna hear though. But I bet you can tune in Tokyo well though. :D

BarryMac
01-16-2005, 09:29 PM
Can you buy the remotes at Good Guys or Tweeter? I am looking for the remote that is on the drivers side...

HOOTER SLED-
01-16-2005, 09:29 PM
That one is not for sale by chance is it?

Kilrtoy
01-16-2005, 09:30 PM
Everything is for sale, its just a matter of , at what price.....

HOOTER SLED-
01-16-2005, 09:32 PM
Can you buy the remotes at Good Guys or Tweeter? I am looking for the remote that is on the drivers side...
The one I'm talking about is bad ass. I've seen it before many times. I believe it was a Sony. It's waterproof. I remember Dilligaf has one on his transom. Tom, where are you????

HOOTER SLED-
01-16-2005, 09:33 PM
Everything is for sale, its just a matter of , at what price.....
Let me just borrow it and try it out first. :D

Kilrtoy
01-16-2005, 09:35 PM
Let me just borrow it and try it out first. :D
Hey this isnt Sears, There is no money back guarentee,
Pay up sucker and no test drives first.....

HOOTER SLED-
01-16-2005, 09:42 PM
Hey this isnt Sears, There is no money back guarentee,
Pay up sucker and no test drives first.....
You mean you don't stand behind your product???

Flying Tiger
01-17-2005, 04:58 AM
I'll come back with a pic later but:
I have the 4" disk typ sony and it's been replaced at least 8 times.
Sony has been good about replaceing it past warranty, but their still not water proof.
If you have one, and the radio starts misfiring, you disconnect all the wireing to it.
The disc type offers a complete LCD display of all functions. It was the only one that did so that's why I got it. XM sat radio, cd's, AM/FM radio ect: station number, track number other info.
RD has the larger remote and has had no problems, but it doesnt have quite the comprehensive display.
I'll find out if they finally got the bugz outta it and get back.
It's excellent when it works right.

HOOTER SLED-
01-17-2005, 07:58 AM
Jason....I iwll get some pics for you this AM. I am taking the boat into Wired For Sound at 9 for a tuneup. I will try to post them today for you. They are Sony and I have Ron Billet Covers on them and they look very nice. When you saw them I did not have the covers on them. They are hard wired. If I head straight for Bullhead after WFS I won't be able to post the pics till I get back...probably tomorrow.
Thanks Tom, I knew I could count on you. :D I didn't know they made billet covers for them too. That's cool, I'll be checking out that booth at the boat show. Hope everything is good Tom. Haven't seen you posting too much lately. Thanks again for your help. Talk to ya soon.

HOOTER SLED-
01-17-2005, 08:01 AM
I'll come back with a pic later but:
I have the 4" disk typ sony and it's been replaced at least 8 times.
Sony has been good about replaceing it past warranty, but their still not water proof.
If you have one, and the radio starts misfiring, you disconnect all the wireing to it.
The disc type offers a complete LCD display of all functions. It was the only one that did so that's why I got it. XM sat radio, cd's, AM/FM radio ect: station number, track number other info.
RD has the larger remote and has had no problems, but it doesnt have quite the comprehensive display.
I'll find out if they finally got the bugz outta it and get back.
It's excellent when it works right.
Thanks for the info FT. I think you are talking about the round shaped one right?? The one I'm talking about is rectangular shaped. The one I get will definetely need to be very waterproof. My boat a 21'. Transom is always wet.

a catered life
01-17-2005, 08:17 AM
yea that one has nice features what store sells those? :p

Kilrtoy
01-17-2005, 04:39 PM
You mean you don't stand behind your product???
normallty yes, but not this one, it eats drinks and wnats stuff, it can become very expensive and you may want to return it....
NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES ON THIS ONE ITEM

riverbound
01-17-2005, 04:46 PM
There are quite a few available depending in what kind of radio you are looking at. The access tech. piece is nice but it is kind of big.If you want osmething smaller I would recommend the Rockford wired remote. It rund both Rockford and Mb quart marine radios and is the size of a guage so it will not look out of place up on the dash.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/681GUEDEA_003-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/681MIKE_NORMAN_015-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/681MIKE_NORMAN_030-med.jpg

Tremor Therapy
01-17-2005, 04:51 PM
I have this one, and I won't say it is a problem, but once it gets wet, stereo functions go right out the window!
http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/products/2001/158/h158RMXM10W.jpeg

HOOTER SLED-
01-17-2005, 07:02 PM
Cool pics guys thanks. Tom, is that billet piece just a bezel, or is there a cover on the buttons? It's hard to tell from the pic. I think it's the glare from that super shiny finish. :D Now what price range are we talking about with these things????

upsman105
01-17-2005, 08:26 PM
Have been looking at them myself. Sony, Kenwood have been the only ones I could find that make them, they retail from about $69 and up. I haven't got one yet, because I have to change out my head unit for one, they only work with certain head units.

HOOTER SLED-
01-17-2005, 09:18 PM
Have been looking at them myself. Sony, Kenwood have been the only ones I could find that make them, they retail from about $69 and up. I haven't got one yet, because I have to change out my head unit for one, they only work with certain head units.
Yep, I guess I'll be changing mine too. It's time for a better one anyways. As you can see from the pics above, Fosgate makes one too. I believe Clarion makes one. I thought there was one that was universal somehow. I wanna say it was a Sony.

ROZ
01-18-2005, 12:08 AM
MFG specific water resistant remotes are available for Sony(lcd display), Pioneer, Clarion(LCD display for the XMD stereo), Kenwood, and RockfordFosgate/ MB quart...
The access technologies remote listed above in DILGAF's post (oblong model) will work with all sony that have the wired remote option, and 2004 and up Pioneer headunits with the hardwired steering wheel remote option.
The same Access tech remote will work with Alpine and older model Pioneer stereos when you use a PAC adaptor. The only problem is that the PAC adaptor uses an IR repeater that won't work in direct sunlight so you have to place the IR repeater right on the HEadunit's faceplate's IR sensor. This means no detatching the faceplate. If in this case the headunit is installed in the cabin or under deck a ways, the IR repeater will work from a distance, thus you don't have to mount the repeater onto the faceplate's remote sensor.
Hope this helps...

HOOTER SLED-
01-18-2005, 12:34 PM
The access technologies remote listed above in DILGAF's post (oblong model) will work with all sony that have the wired remote option, and 2004 and up Pioneer headunits with the hardwired steering wheel remote option.
The same Access tech remote will work with Alpine and older model Pioneer stereos when you use a PAC adaptor. The only problem is that the PAC adaptor uses an IR repeater that won't work in direct sunlight so you have to place the IR repeater right on the HEadunit's faceplate's IR sensor. This means no detatching the faceplate. If in this case the headunit is installed in the cabin or under deck a ways, the IR repeater will work from a distance, thus you don't have to mount the repeater onto the faceplate's remote sensor.
That's the info I was looking for. Thanks Roz. So do these newer Pioneer decks have some sort of input for these remotes on the back. Can't remember what mine looks like in the back.

ROZ
01-18-2005, 02:30 PM
So do these newer Pioneer decks have some sort of input for these remotes on the back. Can't remember what mine looks like in the back.
Yes. The 04 and up models that have the steering wheel remote option have a plug in the back.

HOOTER SLED-
01-18-2005, 02:48 PM
Yes. The 04 and up models that have the steering wheel remote option have a plug in the back.
Ahhhhh, I'll have to check that out. Thanks Roz, you the shizzle.