PDA

View Full Version : MaxxBass 103

Phat Matt
01-17-2005, 12:29 AM
Has anyone used it or listened to real world results. I have read some reviews and people say it is a night and day difference, especially for your mid speakers, not so much for sealed subs.
www.maxxbass.com
What is MaxxBass速?
MaxxBass速 is a patented technology, which extends the bass frequency range by allowing listeners to perceive bass frequencies more than an octave below the physical limitations of speakers systems.
In cars MaxxBass速 allows door mounted speakers that typically drop off below 70-100Hz to play down another octave or more. It also improves the richness and loudness in subwoofer systems.
This is accomplished using the science of psycho-acoustics on how we perceive sound. By building audio systems optimized for how we hear sound, significant performance improvements can be obtained. This is analogous to designing and building televisions that only display red, green and blue dots. When we view these displays our visual perception combines these dots to make a full color spectrum without needing to reproduce all the necessary color frequencies.
Unlike other bass technologies MaxxBass速 delivers more perceived bass while simultaneous reducing the likelihood of damaging speakers and amplifiers. MaxxBass速 also delivers this extended bass without any perceived distortion. MaxxBass速 technology has been used for years in mastering most of the world's most popular music.
Why MaxxBass速 is Better?
MaxxBass速 is NOT a bass boost technology. Bass boost technologies try to compensate for lack of bass frequency range by equalizing or increasing the relative volume of the frequencies near the speaker limit.
Bass boosts are bad because:
It increases amplifier and speaker excursion limits, which can damage the system at high levels.
It destroys the intended frequency balance of music.
MaxxBass速 uses psycho-acoustics to extend the bass frequency response.
It's good because:
It is proven to provide up to 1.5 octaves of increased bass range.
It does not change the frequency balance of the music and sounds more natural than large bass boosts.
It does not require more amplifier power and speaker excursion.
It has been proven over many years of use in professional audio recording.

Havasu Hangin'
01-17-2005, 06:52 AM
This is accomplished using the science of psycho-acoustics on how we perceive sound.
"Psycho-acoustics"? I like it! :idea:
Who knew it was a science? I just thought it was when my ex-girlfriend was yelling at me...
:D

Phat Matt
01-17-2005, 09:54 AM
"Psycho-acoustics"? I like it! :idea:
Who knew it was a science? I just thought it was when my ex-girlfriend was yelling at me...
:D
There seem to be alot of different companies incorporating the MaxxBAss technology into their products also. For example have you seen those tiny little speaker setups thay have for the iPods? The ones where the woofers are about the size of quarters? You listen to them and think how the hell do these sound like that? They are using the MaxxBass technology. I think the unit runs about $240 with a money back guarantee. I think I'll order one up and see what happens.

ROZ
01-17-2005, 01:20 PM
What are you trying to do? An epicenter will drop yo octaves :D http://www.audiocontrol.com/MobileAudio/Products/SpecialProcessors/TheEpicenter.html

Phat Matt
01-17-2005, 02:18 PM
What are you trying to do? An epicenter will drop yo octaves :D http://www.audiocontrol.com/MobileAudio/Products/SpecialProcessors/TheEpicenter.html
I wasn't trying to do anything really. I came across the product last night while I was online and started doing some research. I would think that if I ran it through my mids and highs you could play them louder without distorting while getting a fuller sound. In thoery. I talked with them and if it doesn't work to my expectations they will give me my money back. I think I am going to give it a shot.

phebus
01-17-2005, 03:44 PM
I would think in a closed environment such as a car or truck it would work, but in the open environment of a boat you would want to move air with a big old woofer or two!! Boom shaka laka laka boom. :D

Phat Matt
01-17-2005, 04:13 PM
I would think in a closed environment such as a car or truck it would work, but in the open environment of a boat you would want to move air with a big old woofer or two!! Boom shaka laka laka boom. :D
I have the woofers covered. 2 10's and 2 12's. I am thinking about my 6x9's and 5 1/4's. If you can make them louder and fuller sounding without having to push them harder, they should last longer. Who knows. I'll try it out and see what happens.