PDA

View Full Version : Give Child Back After Adoption?

Flying Tiger
01-17-2005, 05:10 AM
16 Years ago, my 16 year old niece Bridget came to me and she was about 6 months along with her former boyfriends baby. She moved in, I saw to it she got pre-natal. Her moms a mess, so she brought her problem to me.
The ob/gyn I took her to had several infertile couples that would be good candidates for adoption which was her choice.
I saw to it her baby girl went to a solid, awsum, loaded with $$ couple.
About 3 months after this was behind us,, another niece Wendy appeared in the same situation.
I went through the same routine with her.
Beautiful baby girls. Don't think the thought didn't hang over my head and play havoc in my mind to adopt them myself,, but that's another story.
No way in hell would we go after these adopting couples and ask for the kids back.
I'd be a pretty rotten thing to do to the couple that gets attached to the baby like that lead story in the news this morning. The child went back to a family that kept it in a cage. Pulled away from the adopting couple, it was tough to watch on TV.
Foster kids are one thing, when ya give them up for adoption, it's another.
Waddaya think?

Forkin' Crazy
01-17-2005, 08:52 AM
I'm with you! Once you give your child up. DONE!!! No going back. Now if that child, once an adult wants to find out who their real parent(s) were, then OK.
Taking away from loving adopted parents is wrong! I can't believe it is happening like this!!! Ripping out the hearts of the adoptive parents, that usually cannot even have kids. They just want one to hold, to love and for the child to love them back! It is WRONG!!!!! I bet there are some liberals behind it!
BTW A friend of mine went to Russia to adopt... why? They didn't want to take a chance of the no good parent coming back in 5 or so years to take their darling child away. They spent in excess of $40K to get a baby. A lot of it went to so called "favors" to the "authorities".
Just think, that money could have went to a hell of a college fund for a child from the states!
BTW There needs to be some legislation preventing situations like this to happen!

HighRoller
01-17-2005, 12:57 PM
First of all, Flying Tiger you should be commended for helping young girls do the right thing with their babies. Abortion is a cop-out. Adoption is a godsend that takes a bad situation and turns it into a wonderful one where the baby gets a solid two parent family. As far as "open" adoptions where the birth mother gets access to the kids, WTF are they thinking? Isn't being a kid confusing enough sometimes without having some stranger trying to soothe her guilty conscience at your expense? "Mom" and "Dad" are not by default whoever conceived you. They are the people that took the time to raise you.
I recently saw the show "Who's my Daddy" on TV and was blown away at this selfish little biatch. She spent all this time and energy trying to find her "real dad" who gave her up for adoption, but what about they guy who raised her? How do you think he feels? He's the REAL DAD, not the guy who knocked Mom up and left. I would be destroyed if I adopted a kid, raised it, loved it and then the kid went off in search of their "real" parent for some reason. Another twisted part of our feel good society.

Forkin' Crazy
01-17-2005, 03:18 PM
First of all, Flying Tiger you should be commended for helping young girls do the right thing with their babies.
Forgot to do that. Thumbs up! :D
HR, some people for some reason forget the difference inbetween a "Father" and a "Daddy". There is a BIG difference!!!