PDA

View Full Version : reversion?

ao/al2
01-17-2005, 08:50 AM
Hello everyone, hope someone can help me out once again. Well I finally started my motor and everythings great but I notice that water is getting up were the collector is. I have tail pipes and and the water dumps into the exhaust about a foot away from the collector. Im afraid that water might enter the exhaust valves. Took off the headers and I dont see any signs of water down at the heads. Should I cut the amount of water entering the tail pipe? I heard that reversion could cause this. Hope someone could help.
AL

Havasu Hangin'
01-17-2005, 09:31 AM
If you want less water to the pipes, you could weld a washer into the bung where the water enters the pipe.
Then, just run a "T" to a dump the excess overboard. That's how mine is setup.

P-Money
01-17-2005, 12:03 PM
..........or you could just not run water thru them and not worry about it at all.

ao/al2
01-17-2005, 12:57 PM
Hey h/h. I was thinking the same thing , but I guess I just wanna hear if anyone else had this problem. Well P-money I like your idea but I dont think they will let me on the lake that way. lol

Havasu Hangin'
01-17-2005, 01:40 PM
Hey h/h. I was thinking the same thing , but I guess I just wanna hear if anyone else had this problem.
Yeah...mine supposedly had a problem (before I bought the boat), and this is how GT solved it.

carreraboat
01-17-2005, 02:39 PM
hey hh could you post a picture?

Havasu Hangin'
01-17-2005, 02:47 PM
hey hh could you post a picture?
It's kinda tough to see...so I guess you have to use your imagination:
http://www.highperformancecars.com/hhangin/the_cig_engines.jpg
The black hoses come from the manifolds to the risers. There are washers welded in the riser bungs to restrict the water to the risers. The big braided lines T-off the bung, and go to the back of the transom, and join the dumps that are used by the chillers.

carreraboat
01-17-2005, 03:08 PM
thanks i see exactly what you are talking about i always like seeing how other peolple solve problems that arise

ao/al2
01-17-2005, 03:48 PM
Great pic h/h , It makes me feel a little better knowing that someone else had this problem at one time or another. Well I will give a try and see what happens. Thanks everyone for your help.
Al

boatnam2
02-04-2005, 04:18 PM
hey al you finally got it wet?when you going to spill the beans and show everyone your set up?

ao/al2
02-14-2005, 07:42 AM
uhmm.......not really wet yet, just wet in the drive way. Going out to test it this weekend if it doesnt rain. Finally got my prop. As for pics , dont know how to post them so you will have to wait and see it in person.

boatnam2
02-15-2005, 08:00 AM
e mail it to me i wil post them boatnam1@yahoo.com

ao/al2
02-15-2005, 12:41 PM
Okay, thanks