PDA

View Full Version : Spam 19' Hallet on Single Axle $450

disco_charger
01-17-2005, 02:19 PM
It's a bare hull with a Berk suction piece. With the kid and the fixer upper house, I just don't have time for it. It needs a re gel and it's a definite fixer, but it's structure is good. It would work, it's just ugly. Trailer has bearing buddies.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2079DSC00163-med.JPG
Boat is in Corona. Email me @ duke714@verizon.net for details.

Lightning
01-17-2005, 02:21 PM
She's a beaut!

victorfb
01-17-2005, 02:40 PM
in the pic i see some interior and accessories. (guages, helm, fuel fills, ect.) is all this stuff removed? you said "bare hull".

disco_charger
01-17-2005, 03:02 PM
All of it was junk, so it's a bare hull with a suction piece. Actually it's got the swim step and brackets. I've also got the vent covers too. I might have saved the gauges in a box, but I would be surprised if they work.

flat broke
01-17-2005, 03:28 PM
Nice solid foundation for a clean cruiser piece. Someone should jump on this for the $$. The trailer alone could be worth that kind of $$ to the right buyer.
Almost looks like a good candidate for someone to see if they have what it takes to do a good re-gel.
C'mon, who wants to try and resurect this thing and turn it into a nice peice by CBBB? Any takers?
Chris

jackpunx
01-17-2005, 03:34 PM
It looks like Hallet Daves.. rootbeer brown.. and shag carpet.. :D

Jordy
01-17-2005, 03:43 PM
I see through transom exhaust. You know that boat will haul ass with that. :D

jackpunx
01-17-2005, 03:44 PM
It looks like it might be missing some RPM's too.. but Im sure you could find them if you look really :) hard...

victorfb
01-17-2005, 04:00 PM
Nice solid foundation for a clean cruiser piece. Someone should jump on this for the $$. The trailer alone could be worth that kind of $$ to the right buyer.
Almost looks like a good candidate for someone to see if they have what it takes to do a good re-gel.
C'mon, who wants to try and resurect this thing and turn it into a nice peice by CBBB? Any takers?
Chris
if i had the cash Chris, id give it a go. sure seems like a great start. if it was a 21' id bet i could talk toni into lettin me..lol

disco_charger
01-17-2005, 04:19 PM
The cool thing about this boat is that it is as tall as a 21, but easy to fit in the garage...

victorfb
01-17-2005, 04:55 PM
well if you cant find a buyer for it, ill come and take it away for ya. :rollside:
not to be insulting, just cant afford to be buying hulls right now. though i do have a nice BBF 460 itchin to be put to good use.

disco_charger
01-17-2005, 05:08 PM
No worries Victor.

flat broke
01-17-2005, 06:20 PM
if i had the cash Chris, id give it a go. sure seems like a great start. if it was a 21' id bet i could talk toni into lettin me..lol
Don't let it not being a 21 fool you. When you look at the deadrise in that hull compared to a spectra 20 or Howard 21, there is a good chance that little 19 runs smoother in chop than my Spectra when its aired out. The Spectra may have a steeper entry, but once you're running at spped, the water is breaking past the entry and the slacker deadrise angle on the Spectra would make it ride rougher than that 19. Similar to comparing Schiada bottoms to Spectra bottoms. The entries are similar, but the Spectra hull rolls out to a flatter angle, while the Schiada carries more of the V to the rear.
Another little plus is that if the strakes on that Hallet extend further back than the Spectra (you'd be surprised how far up the inner strakes stop on a Spectra 20) it has the capability to get dryer and run faster with similar power.
Not trying to sell the boat for Brian or anything like that, but its a really good oportunity for someone to have a nice little cruiser.
Brian,
If you have some pics of the nose, post em up. Hallet made that size boat with a pointy nose and a bull nose similar to the Spectra 18.
Chris

disco_charger
01-17-2005, 06:31 PM
It's of the bull nosed variety.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2079DSC00166-med.JPG

flat broke
01-17-2005, 07:18 PM
I got 4 words for ya Brian...
If I wasnt married... :D
Actually, its more a case of I know I'd be in the same boat as you, not being able to divert the energy to it, and Emily has been real understanding about with the Spectra... I don't need to push my luck.
Out of curiosity, were your orriginal plans to keep the flake? If so, was Todd going to be able to facilitate that? That would be pretty F'n cool, brought back with its OG flake scheme, updated interior and billet, and some big power.
Chris

SPECTRABRENT
01-17-2005, 08:06 PM
Brian,
You may want to post your boat on the v-drive forum, that hull did
win a few speed sking races as a v-drive back in the day. I would say for $450.00 it would make someone a nice jet or v-drive cruiser (where are you RiverDave:D).
Good Luck,
Brent

disco_charger
01-17-2005, 08:13 PM
Chris I hear you about the married thing. I wasn't going to keep the flake. I was going all white with some sort of trim.
Brent, it's funny you should say that. We used to camp up at Pine Flat Lake when I was a kid. There was a guy up there that had this same hull with V drive and a twin turbo deal that used to race. My father was always amazed at how well the boat rode in crappy water. It's the whole reason I bought the boat. I was going to make it my big water/party boat. OP6 is usually a little rough in my boat. I knew that this thing would be ok on the river, on Havasu, on Mohave, where ever... I just can't get out there and do it. I want to try and gel coat. This is a perfect candidate for it. It doesn't need a ton of gel work, and it's really thick. I figured I could do it no sweat. However, the wife went back to flying, and I over estimated my free time with a 1 year old. So, I have to get something much closer (read more expensive) to being done. :frown:

SPECTRABRENT
01-17-2005, 09:23 PM
Brian,
I do know what its like when the wife works and you have to watch the
little guy(s) (I have 2).
If you are not paying storage, I would just keep the boat until you can get to it. Also, it is a very good hull for rough water and lots of power.
Again, good luck.
Brent

flat broke
01-17-2005, 10:25 PM
I'm with Brent on that one. If you aren't paying to hold onto it... Don't sell it. Besides, if you buy one further along(more expensive) there will be some compromise on it that you'll live with, but never love. In the end, that will cause you to either look for something exactly to your liking (new and REALLY EXPENSIVE) or pay the extra $$ to change that one thing you compromised on in the first place.
Good luck either way, because either way, somebody is getting a good starting point for a nice project.
Chris

disco_charger
01-18-2005, 07:32 AM
The boss lady wants to be in a cruiser this summer.

old rigger
01-18-2005, 07:32 AM
Brian,
You may want to post your boat on the v-drive forum, that hull did
win a few speed sking races as a v-drive back in the day. I would say for $450.00 it would make someone a nice jet or v-drive cruiser (where are you RiverDave:D).
Good Luck,
Brent
Exactly the reason I e-mailed you for pictures last night. ;)

flat broke
01-18-2005, 07:54 AM
Rich,
Could one then assume that you'd build the hallet as a V'drive with a hot little SBC, and keep the spectra how it is? Best of both worlds? If thats the case, let me know when you go to pick it up. That way I can go with you and be all jealous that you got to pull it off instead of me ;)
Chris

disco_charger
01-18-2005, 08:14 AM
Rich, I'm cruising over to get those pics today.

old rigger
01-18-2005, 09:10 AM
Rich,
Could one then assume that you'd build the hallet as a V'drive with a hot little SBC, and keep the spectra how it is? Best of both worlds? If thats the case, let me know when you go to pick it up. That way I can go with you and be all jealous that you got to pull it off instead of me ;)
Chris
Yeah, V-drive with a sbc.
It seems that no matter how much boat crap I give to guys, I still have almost enough to rig a boat. I was going through the stuff this weekend looking for something (which I couldn't find by the way. muct have been one of the things someone else needed. lol) and I realized I still want to do a v-drive. Have a strut, rudder, cav plate assembly, several sets of gauges, steering, blah blah blah. No v-drive itself, but the last 2 times at vets, they were almost giving them away at 250 each for a Casale with mounts and drive gaurds. Got a sbc, bunch of crap for one of those, set of alum heads. That'd be a cool little boat.
And the Spectra 20 we have now is, well, it's kinda fockin' boring. Not much excitement with that I/O, even though it's the cleanest 26 year old boat I've ever seen. That's one of the reasons I bought it. Even when I load the CD player full of my reverend horton heat cd's, she's still only luke warm.
I've been thinking of pulling the motor and installing a high volume oil pump just so I'll have at least one gauge that's fun to watch. The speedo and tach will lull you into zzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz. Not to mention the anemic, through the leg exhaust. The 20 would have to go, can't see Lori letting me keep 2 boats in the driveway. lol

hack job
01-18-2005, 10:39 AM
Yeah, V-drive with a sbc.
It seems that no matter how much boat crap I give to guys, I still have almost enough to rig a boat. I was going through the stuff this weekend looking for something (which I couldn't find by the way. muct have been one of the things someone else needed. lol) and I realized I still want to do a v-drive. Have a strut, rudder, cav plate assembly, several sets of gauges, steering, blah blah blah. No v-drive itself, but the last 2 times at vets, they were almost giving them away at 250 each for a Casale with mounts and drive gaurds. Got a sbc, bunch of crap for one of those, set of alum heads. That'd be a cool little boat.
And the Spectra 20 we have now is, well, it's kinda fockin' boring. Not much excitement with that I/O, even though it's the cleanest 26 year old boat I've ever seen. That's one of the reasons I bought it. Even when I load the CD player full of my reverend horton heat cd's, she's still only luke warm.
I've been thinking of pulling the motor and installing a high volume oil pump just so I'll have at least one gauge that's fun to watch. The speedo and tach will lull you into zzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz. Not to mention the anemic, through the leg exhaust. The 20 would have to go, can't see Lori letting me keep 2 boats in the driveway. lol
keep the 20 till the 19 is done then if you realy have to get it out of the drive way then tow it up to big bear . lol tell her that its hers and the kids boat and that the hallet is yours ;) :D

disco_charger
01-18-2005, 10:47 AM
Here's a few I took this morning. Behind the dash is thick with glass. So thick you can barely see the wood. No rot. The transom is really clean too. All of the stringer that I can see looks good.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2079DSC00379-med.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2079DSC00388-med.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2079DSC00389-med.JPG

Hallett19
01-18-2005, 10:56 AM
That is the same boat I have !! I love that boat. Heavy but roomy and very cool looking. I like the "bull nose" reference. Does it have tanks in it or a floor ? It looks good ! Is the gelcoat savable or is it to bad to redo ?

disco_charger
01-18-2005, 11:23 AM
No tanks in it. Gel is done. Needs total redo. Floor should be replaced.

flat broke
01-18-2005, 01:01 PM
Damn,
I wish the inner strakes on my Spectra ran that far back... I'd probably be 5-10mph faster with same power and no other changes. The transom looks like its in great shape. Some irony there... The same sun that destroyed the gel, probably kept everything nice and dry and combated the effects of any possible water intrusion.
Rich,
Tell Lori you loaned me $450 and I'm a deadbeat who will probably never pay you back. Take the money and buy the boat and build it while you keep the Spectra as hack saw sugggested. I wouldn't sell the Spectra if I were you. As clean as that boat is, I think you'd regret it more often than not. I'll make you a deal... Buy that biatch and keep the Spectra and I'll donate those EMI exhaust to your cause free of charge!!!
I can't have any more projects, but I can certainly live vicariously though others. :D How Bout Keaton use the rehab of the Hallet as his senior project instead of the wood boat?..... I can give you tons of was to e'splain it to wifey, but only you can pull the trigger. :)
Chris

RiverToysJas
01-19-2005, 11:22 PM
It's a bare hull with a Berk suction piece. With the kid and the fixer upper house, I just don't have time for it. It needs a re gel and it's a definite fixer, but it's structure is good. It would work, it's just ugly. Trailer has bearing buddies.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2079DSC00163-med.JPG
Boat is in Corona. Email me @ duke714@verizon.net for details.
That's a nice boat, is it fast? :crossx:
RTJas :D

disco_charger
01-20-2005, 08:19 AM
I believe we've GPS'd it at 76 mph :sqeyes: Of course that was on the 91 freeway. ;)

old rigger
01-20-2005, 10:58 AM
I believe we've GPS'd it at 76 mph :sqeyes: Of course that was on the 91 freeway. ;)
lol.

disco_charger
01-21-2005, 07:29 AM
Bad NEWS! There will be no suction housing with the boat. The person who donated it to my project took it back. So, new price $400. Bare hull, trailer and intake... Sorry for any problems this may cause.

Squirtin Thunder
01-21-2005, 10:35 AM
:clover:

WheelerDealer
01-21-2005, 02:09 PM
97.9% chance ST, not 98.9% :hammerhea

Squirtin Thunder
01-21-2005, 04:15 PM
Sold !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good news is it may have a Big Bad Ford installed in it in the resto, 110.9% chance.
And its not a Sanger !!!!

1Bahnerjet
01-21-2005, 04:55 PM
your really movin' up, that one even comes with a Trailer. That Boat looks to have four Stringers, an ex Ski Racer ? either way for the money I'm jealous. I'd go with a 454 :cool:

Squirtin Thunder
01-21-2005, 05:31 PM
your really movin' up, that one even comes with a Trailer. That Boat looks to have four Stringers, an ex Ski Racer ? either way for the money I'm jealous. I'd go with a 454 :cool:
But that is you. Me 521ci Big Bad Ford with its own atmosphere, making around 800hp.

slotracer
01-21-2005, 06:00 PM
dam jim how many are you going to get. looks like you are going to beat me.
got your other one all loaded and ready to go.
pat(slotracer) :rollside:

Squirtin Thunder
01-21-2005, 06:22 PM
Pat are you staying for dinner ??? And take off in the morning. The door is open !!!
Jim

slotracer
01-21-2005, 06:33 PM
jim depending on what time it is i just may take you up on the offer.
pat(slotracer) :boxed:

Squirtin Thunder
01-21-2005, 06:42 PM
Cool !!!!!!!!!!!!

Squirtin Thunder
01-22-2005, 11:12 PM
Cool !!!!!!!!!!!!
And the last one for the week