PDA

View Full Version : Quality Performance Marine....quality guy...

AirtimeLavey
01-17-2005, 10:59 PM
Just bought a 1999 24' boat, great condition, but I needed someone objective and knowledgeable to check it out for me and give me the straight story on it.
I called the factory, they sugg. Rob at Quality Performance Marine in Corona. Had the boat dropped off, and next day, Rob's giving me the whole run down, from orig. owner on. I'm stepping up from a 19' jet, so he knows I'm pretty limited on knowledge at this point. First tells me about what's up with the boat that needs repair (minor maintenance stuff), then goes on to give me the full education of the upgrade (new to me boat) I'm jumping into. I probably hit him w/15 phone calls one after the other, after the other, as the questions came up. Guy knew it all, patiently answered each one with more than just the quick brush off answer. It was like he was the factory rep. or something. When I asked about additional stuff I want to put on the boat, he's giving me the full run down on options, not just pimp'in the expensive stuff.
The kicker...I go to pick up the boat tonight, with traff. I get there at closing time. He hangs for another HOUR AND 40. going over everything I need to know but could take years to learn on my own. In today's age of crappy a_ _ customer service, this guy's rare. :cool:
Of course the oil change cost me $1,000, but I jumped on that high tec., hp boosting stuff he saves for special customers. ;) :hammerhea
j/k about the oil change, but just thought I'd share a good experience. Seems it's hard to find good guys that give a crap anymore.
Thanks Rob. :cool: :D

Kilrtoy
01-17-2005, 11:01 PM
That is why I use them, they are great

riverbound
01-17-2005, 11:02 PM
Thats good to hear. its not very often that you hear people share their good experiences.

clownpuncher
01-17-2005, 11:04 PM
Good news. Thanks for sharing

SHAKEN Not Stirred
01-17-2005, 11:05 PM
I think Aaron @ Absolute Speed & Marine could take Rob Clark with one arm tied behind his back !!!
:D

AirtimeLavey
01-18-2005, 07:50 AM
I think Aaron @ Absolute Speed & Marine could take Rob Clark with one arm tied behind his back !!!
:D
There can't be 2 quality guys in the business, can there? :D

nextasex
01-18-2005, 10:29 PM
Rob was great to deal with.

Midlife Advantage
01-18-2005, 10:44 PM
Been going to Rob since my first boat, a stinkin Bayliner over 15 years ago, and he has always been professional, helpful and honest. Yes expensive, but you get what you pay for, and he is worth payin for. Shut up Chris, Absolute would need both arms. Rob used to write the Stern Drive tech in Hot Boat.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
01-19-2005, 12:14 PM
Been going to Rob since my first boat, a stinkin Bayliner over 15 years ago, and he has always been professional, helpful and honest. Yes expensive, but you get what you pay for, and he is worth payin for. Shut up Chris, Absolute would need both arms. Rob used to write the Stern Drive tech in Hot Boat.
Hot boat has a magazine ???? :rolleyes:
Doesn't Rob also work on tractors in the 909 ????
CJG
:cool:

Midlife Advantage
01-19-2005, 12:24 PM
Hot boat has a magazine ???? :rolleyes:
Doesn't Rob also work on tractors in the 909 ????
CJG
:cool:
OHHHH, I'm tellin!!!!!!!!

OGShocker
01-19-2005, 02:02 PM
I am glad your experience was a good one. Mine was NOT. I took my boat there for the same warranty work (oil leak) twice. Instead of tracking the problem, "Quality's" answer was to order un-needed parts from Merc. They never did fix the leak. In fact his answer was to give me two quarts of oil and send me to the lake.
The leak was fixed in five minutes by B&D Marine (see link below) with NO parts needed.
QPM can KMA! :220v:
My .02

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
01-19-2005, 02:52 PM
That is why I use them, they are great
I second that Rob is a class act