PDA

View Full Version : Lake Almanore

NorCalCat
01-18-2005, 11:36 AM
Does anyone know anything about Lake Alminore? Is there a speed limit, noise restrictions, etc. I am also concerned about towing up there. Does anyone know what the roads are like going from the Bay Area?

kevnmcd
01-18-2005, 12:12 PM
Been up there a couple times. Great Lake. There is no speed limits that I am aware of, other than the usual close to shore and docks 5 mph limit. Not sure about noise with the new Cali laws, there wasn't any when I was there a couple of years ago. The road up there is windy and slow but very doable.
Maybe Frenchie has something to add, he was there last year.

NorCalCat
01-18-2005, 02:36 PM
Been up there a couple times. Great Lake. There is no speed limits that I am aware of, other than the usual close to shore and docks 5 mph limit. Not sure about noise with the new Cali laws, there wasn't any when I was there a couple of years ago. The road up there is windy and slow but very doable.
What do you think about having a 30' Cat in tow. Doable?

kevnmcd
01-18-2005, 02:39 PM
No problem. Just takes a little longer. ;) They are not real tight turns, just a lot of curves...I saw plenty of semi's going that way that made it fine.

FRENCHIE
01-18-2005, 04:15 PM
Does anyone know anything about Lake Alminore? Is there a speed limit, noise restrictions, etc. I am also concerned about towing up there. Does anyone know what the roads are like going from the Bay Area?
my grandparent-inlaws have a 6000 sq ft home on the private island on the water there, where last augaust we spent 7 days!! it was a long 12 hour plus drive, but well worth it! the roads oare fine, and no speed limit nor silencers on the water required!! just look out for a few tree stumps that are barely above the wqater line, although marked!!
it really is beutifull, go to search and type in alminor as i posted a thread and lots of pics which are actually under frenchie, in member galleries!!
good luck and have fun!! :wink:

FRENCHIE
01-18-2005, 04:15 PM
yup!!!! done!!! :cool:

a catered life
01-18-2005, 05:39 PM
what up frenchie? did you catch how much psting ground i made up while you were gone. feels like just yesterday you were congratulating me on 100 :hammer2:

Mrs. Restless22
01-18-2005, 06:32 PM
We have a cabin on Lake Almanor. Its a beautiful lake and well worth the trip up.
Towing your boat is no problem at all. We have towed 30' snowmobile trailers up and the semi's tow more then that Im sure.
What part of the lake are you staying on? Or which town will you stay in? You have to take a trip over to Plumas Pines...its right on the water and if you get lucky you'll make it on a day when they have a live band playing on the deck. Its awesome! You can take the kids there and have lunch and drinks on the deck also.
There is no speed limit and no noise restictions that Ive ever heard of. The afternoon chop can get really bad, so having the 30' will be nice out there.
Have fun!! You'll plan many trips back after you go.

NorCalCat
01-18-2005, 08:17 PM
Thanks for everyones input!
Not sure where we are staying yet. We will do a week in Clear Lake and a week in Alminor this year.
Cheers.
ERIC

RVRKID
01-19-2005, 05:24 PM
Almanor is great I went up there as a kid every year, last time was about 4 years ago. We towed our boat with a 31' motorhome and had no problems at all.

D-BayB
01-19-2005, 08:18 PM
I'l have to agree with Mrs. Restless22. The lake is beautiful. Lived up there for 2 years after high school. Lotta fun summers there and a lot of time and money lost at Plumas Pines. Parents still live up there and own the only bakery in the Chester Lake Almanor area. Planning a trip up there this summer with the family. Norcal Cat, met ya at Hooky Day would love to see that boat up at Almanor.

FRENCHIE
01-20-2005, 11:56 AM
oh yea we also docked up at the pines on a sat night, great steak dinner, karaoke, and a good time dancing..then troll fished back to the pad!!! :) :cool:

lucky
01-20-2005, 12:01 PM
i would still suggest a week at wiskey town also - its a great lake

D-BayB
01-20-2005, 07:04 PM
Frenchie, you guys planning to go back this summer? I've been dying to get my boat up there for 2 years. Try Pratville Rest for breakfast right down from the Pines. The house you were at was that at Almanor west or the Penninsula?