PDA

View Full Version : Good Rental Investments

FREIND OF AA AND TA
01-18-2005, 12:55 PM
I am trying to find anywhere in the country you can still by a rental with 10% down and get at least break even or positive flow. I know this goes far and wide so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Houses or condos.

Boozer
01-18-2005, 01:03 PM
Why not just do a 5/1 or 7/1 interest only note on a house? You can do it anywhere and make a good amount of money doing so.

totenhosen
01-18-2005, 01:45 PM
Why not just do a 5/1 or 7/1 interest only note on a house? You can do it anywhere and make a good amount of money doing so.
Not in the majority of CA.
I've gotten some good positive cash flow deals in AZ with 10% down.

Hallett19
01-18-2005, 01:52 PM
with a huge down you can be in the black every month with anything you buy :D

FREIND OF AA AND TA
01-18-2005, 02:12 PM
I am trying to buy long term and take advantage of the rates. Never buy with an adjustible unless your going to flip it. NEVER. What if the market crashes and you cant re-fi it later. I sold a lot of homes in the early 90s and those people that did that were hurtin.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
01-18-2005, 02:13 PM
Try a house in Kingman :) Has been working for me. Actually I put about 20% down or so and am in the positive monthly...easy. They need good housing out there to rent. A real lack right now but that may be changing over the next 3-5 years.
Ya I wouldn't mind but it seems everything out there has a slight neg with 10% down. I'd rather buy 2 somewhere else.

totenhosen
01-18-2005, 02:48 PM
Last time I looked into it you could also do it in Austin Texas and in areas around Indianapolis.

al cole'holic
01-18-2005, 02:53 PM
The area's around Indio/29 Palms look very good right now, with developments as large a 6000 homes breaking ground as we speak...I see new homes as low as the 150's on the books. I would say this will be the next Victorville as far as income properties go with little or no risk startup. ;)

kidstuf
01-18-2005, 03:03 PM
There are duplexes in CoeurdAlene Idaho that you can get for 10% down that will give you a slightly pos. income... I'm buying one right now. ;)

NashvilleBound
01-18-2005, 03:29 PM
Send me an e mail with your specifics...ie..how much you have to put down. This way I know if you can afford two or three homes here. Middle TN is where its at. Let me know if your interested. I can send you all the MLS listings and approximately what the rents for each property would be.
Good Luck.

Mandelon
01-18-2005, 04:15 PM
I talked to a friend who is buying places in Buffalo New York. You can buy a house for......get this....$3500. Rental units for $5000, tons of inventory under $10K. A quick rehab to get them to "section 8" standards and the government pays the rent to you for the po' folks. You can then get an equity line and pull your initial investment back out and have a cheap payment. Grnated, you couldn't pay me to live there, but there are plenty who do.
Its too far for me, but check www.realtor.com and enter any town you want. Check Buffalo, you' ll be amazed.
I'd look in areas like Yuma, El Centro, BHC, Kingman or areas not too far away that are growing. Dont' forget, gay guys make good tenants. :messedup:
If you own a rental in a destination you like to visit, you can write off part of your trips as being for maintenance.....

NashvilleBound
01-18-2005, 07:34 PM
You've got mail.......(sorry, its long winded :rolleyes: :notam: )

SoCalOffshore
01-18-2005, 07:50 PM
Just dont expect your cheap real estate in the mid west or upstate new york to make anywhere near what you have made on so cal real estate. the real estate in many places are inexpensive because they have NOT appreciated like it has here. I am not saying you cant make money, but you will not make it like we all have here. Plus owning real estate out of state is difficult at best. I have owned rental properties in other states and payed for management companies and the like. it was great to finally sell it and buy some more local real estate. Lastly, dont assume it will never loose value, all assets are cyclical. Good luck.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
01-18-2005, 08:42 PM
I knew it was good to post here. The homework will start tomorrow for the advise. THANKS!

FREIND OF AA AND TA
01-18-2005, 08:50 PM
Send me an e mail with your specifics...ie..how much you have to put down. This way I know if you can afford two or three homes here. Middle TN is where its at. Let me know if your interested. I can send you all the MLS listings and approximately what the rents for each property would be.
Good Luck.
Check pms tomorrow. Not the first time I've heard that. Sounds like a road trip! YEE HAA!