PDA

View Full Version : 18' !983 Daytona For Sale

Wildchild80
01-18-2005, 07:06 PM
Dave Rankin's 1983 Daytona Wild Child is for sale. Complete boat and trailer less engine. $15,000. This is a super clean boat. Call me at (818) 468-2379 or E-Mail rankindave80@aol.com

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-18-2005, 08:51 PM
this is a super clean boat.
Ill second that! A perfect candidate for K-lownin around with the NKRA. :cool:

circleboatKIDD
01-18-2005, 10:54 PM
http://www.superstockracingassoc.com/photos-2003/parker/photos/ssra_parker0013.jpg
Heres a pic for the Rankin camp.

Kindsvater Flat
01-18-2005, 11:14 PM
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/parker/parker27.JPG
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/parker/parker33.JPG

78Southwind
01-19-2005, 01:08 AM
Looks to be the same boat Laughlin River Days 2004
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1676SS7.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1676SS4.JPG

CircleJerk
01-19-2005, 10:09 AM
Well, this might just be the place to find a new owner! Take any trade ins? :D

LeE ss13
01-19-2005, 12:36 PM
My reading skills have definitely been deteriorating as of late.

Jordy
01-19-2005, 12:48 PM
What's Kenny going to drive??? :D :D :D

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-19-2005, 01:57 PM
Question is, is this Wild Child #1 or the Carbon Fiber #2 ???? Either way they are two of the most beautiful SS boats I have ever seen.
I doubt Bob Long built any Carbon Fiber Daytonas...and I would think Dave would consider the faster Carbon Fiber Canary the #1 boat and the Daytona #2. :cool:

LeE ss13
01-19-2005, 07:08 PM
I talked to him today. It is the Daytona.

sneed
01-19-2005, 08:44 PM
I talked to him today. It is the Daytona.
Maybe your first clue should of been when you read the post and it said,1983 Daytona for sale.

Wildchild80
01-21-2005, 08:47 PM
Well, this might just be the place to find a new owner! Take any trade ins? :D
What type of trade did you have in mind?
let me know....

CircleJerk
01-22-2005, 12:02 AM
Dave, I was referring to some of our Nostalgia guys, some of whom you met at Phoenix. However, I dont think anyone is ready to take that kind of step up! They would like to but would have to sell part of the farm..... I have a Lavey, would that be a fair trade? :eek: That's a nice boat and it would make any one of us a winner up here now that our b boats have all gone south....one to Truitt and one to Jerry. I do have a friend near Lake Havasu that is searching for a good one, I will give him the scoop....

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-22-2005, 12:36 AM
Dave, I was referring to some of our Nostalgia guys, some of whom you met at Phoenix. However, I dont think anyone is ready to take that kind of step up! They would like to but would have to sell part of the farm..... I have a Lavey, would that be a fair trade? :eek: That's a nice boat and it would make any one of us a winner up here now that our b boats have all gone south....one to Truitt and one to Jerry. I do have a friend near Lake Havasu that is searching for a good one, I will give him the scoop....
Theres an orange "B" boat up there!! In fact you had a good view of the rear of it when I was there! :D And its only gonna to get faster!!
Dave, this circle jerk guy tows his raceboat with an ambulance. no kidding :messedup:
Honcho Villa! :D

Ex PSI Canyon
01-22-2005, 06:03 AM
I would jump on that boat, it never fails when something nice comes up for sale I'm extended out my ears. I'll tell ya what I have a 55 pro-street F-100"almost finished" 72 Mandella "complete" a KB526-BAE3 Alky Hemi. or a 70 Mach 1 Mustang "on a rotisserie" Bare. Take your pick which ones you want!

Kindsvater Flat
01-22-2005, 09:20 AM
I would jump on that boat, it never fails when something nice comes up for sale I'm extended out my ears. I'll tell ya what I have a 55 pro-street F-100"almost finished" 72 Mandella "complete" a KB526-BAE3 Alky Hemi. or a 70 Mach 1 Mustang "on a rotisserie" Bare. Take your pick which ones you want!
Whats the wife look like?:D

CircleJerk
01-22-2005, 11:10 AM
Theres an orange "B" boat up there!! In fact you had a good view of the rear of it when I was there! :D And its only gonna to get faster!!
Dave, this circle jerk guy tows his raceboat with an ambulance. no kidding :messedup:
Honcho Villa! :D
I know you want me to respond to this,,,,,so you wont be dissappointed,
you're nuts! That's right, Jerrys nuts! And he's trying to get my goat! Anyone viewing your dvd of this race (Nosties) sees me leading from start until we lapped some slower boats.....that's right lapped! In three short laps we had one of the oldest, coolest, Radamaker-Muncie Buick powered 1956 flat in front of us and OFF plane! That's like Billy running the river at 140 and some 25 foot patio boat slowly crosses his bow! What would Billy do?????.......Lift! Now what would you do? I let the silly kid 'Davis' go.....by.....me, but he didnt for 3/4s of the race, now did he!
Now Jerry, tell the truth, which is: I do drive a 1972 low miles Suburban complete with strecher mobile tool box.....they call that a poor mans roll away! It is our 'Race Boat Rescue' unique vehicle, now if I can just decide on which to mount the siren.....boat....truck....boat..? Dont forget one of the wildest, most famous drag boats was towed by a Hearse!: 'The Mortician'.........Jerry, if you could ever be this COOL! :yuk: :idea: Dont make me paint my 409 powered 1963 BelAir ambulance black!
Dave, there is a lurker here that needs a new boat.....it was sure great to finally meet you guys at the races.

Ex PSI Canyon
01-22-2005, 05:48 PM
Her last job was in a topless bar!

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-22-2005, 07:13 PM
...I let the silly kid 'Davis' go by me, but he didnt for 3/4s of the race, now did he!
Now Jerry, tell the truth...
The truth is, you got a nice view of the back of his boat after he passed you, then you watched him get smaller and smaller! :D
He would have passed you sooner but he respects his elders... :cool:
Jerry :)

GofastRacer
01-22-2005, 07:14 PM
Matt, you've got a second chance here don't blow it!.. ;)

BILLY.B
01-23-2005, 07:30 AM
Theres an orange "B" boat up there!! :DWell guess what gentleman I went outside to get the Sunday paper and low & behold guess what is sitting in my driveway............................ :idea:
A orange little Bezer with the familiar Biesemeyer graphics with an outta state plate. Pretty clean inside, no anodizing just polished. One seat (brown) and it's up pretty high, looks like something George Nordling would drive ;) . What the heck am I going to do with this????? :idea:

wsuwrhr
01-23-2005, 08:03 AM
Well guess what gentleman I went outside to get the Sunday paper and low & behold guess what is sitting in my driveway............................ :idea:
A orange little Bezer with the familiar Biesemeyer graphics with an outta state plate. Pretty clean inside, no anodizing just polished. One seat (brown) and it's up pretty high, looks like something George Nordling would drive ;) . What the heck am I going to do with this????? :idea:
Check your PM's about what is in your driveway
Brian

Ex PSI Canyon
01-23-2005, 06:36 PM
You can start by calling me 480-488-2505, I got a lttle injected alky motor I could put in that badboy.

72 superlite
01-24-2005, 07:57 PM
Well guess what gentleman I went outside to get the Sunday paper and low & behold guess what is sitting in my driveway............................ :idea:
Does it look anything like this???http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1099George_Nordling.jpg

boatguy222
01-24-2005, 08:20 PM
Does it look anything like this???http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1099George_Nordling.jpg
That poor boat has been run hard and put away wet :2purples: . I hope Truitt can get it back to the way it was. :cool:

CircleJerk
01-25-2005, 12:28 AM
222, who are you trying to kid, and Billy, you know it will just go onto your b-boat used AS IS lot. Billys lot must have been full so TB had to take it to his house! Do you put cute neon signs on them like: One OWNER, Low Miles, Never Been Raced, or Special Today Only???

boatguy222
01-25-2005, 08:17 AM
222, who are you trying to kid, and Billy, you know it will just go onto your b-boat used AS IS lot. Billys lot must have been full so TB had to take it to his house! Do you put cute neon signs on them like: One OWNER, Low Miles, Never Been Raced, or Special Today Only???
CJ
What the HELL would you know? Aren't you the king of trashed old boats? All I know is I owned that boat for 15 years and it has had ALOT MORE abuse in the last 3 years, after I sold it, than it did the 15 years before. thats all I know.

CircleJerk
01-25-2005, 11:05 AM
CJ
What the HELL would you know? Aren't you the king of trashed old boats? All I know is I owned that boat for 15 years and it has had ALOT MORE abuse in the last 3 years, after I sold it, than it did the 15 years before. thats all I know.
That's funny......Maybe a new name in the works.......'King of Trash' or 'King of Trash Talking' Opps, that's Billy or Gurus title! I'll let them fight that one out! :boxingguy Opps, forgot GP, Kim H, OB Eddie, stupid helmet guy etc, sorry, wrong again. ;)

h2oregon
01-25-2005, 11:15 AM
What do you mean put away wet? besides being raced, and a small scuff in that ugly brown stripe, that boat never had it so good. Dave and George had countless hours in setting that boat up to be a winner. I should not say to much as I never saw it run with you behind the wheel. We got to banks lake in 2002 just after you did your exit stage left from that big brown seat. Regardless that boat will be in the top of its class where ever it turns up.

boatguy222
01-25-2005, 12:21 PM
What do you mean put away wet? besides being raced, and a small scuff in that ugly brown stripe, that boat never had it so good. Dave and George had countless hours in setting that boat up to be a winner. I should not say to much as I never saw it run with you behind the wheel. We got to banks lake in 2002 just after you did your exit stage left from that big brown seat. Regardless that boat will be in the top of its class where ever it turns up.
I am sorry that I hurt Dave's feelings, I am sure that he got his money out of it, so he should be happy.
BTW I NEVER said I could drive it, that how George got behind the wheel anyway.

boatguy222
01-25-2005, 12:22 PM
That's funny......Maybe a new name in the works.......'King of Trash' or 'King of Trash Talking' Opps, that's Billy or Gurus title! I'll let them fight that one out! :boxingguy Opps, forgot GP, Kim H, OB Eddie, stupid helmet guy etc, sorry, wrong again. ;)
Hey, if the shoe fits!

lucky
01-25-2005, 12:27 PM
DAM MARC - STEPPIN ALL OVER TESTICALS :rolleyes: :D YE HAW COWBOY :D

Roman 1
01-25-2005, 01:18 PM
:D YE HAW COWBOY :D
These words have a special meaning for lucky...he hears 'em regularly with the feel of some guys knuckles digging into his back. :supp:
grab yur spurs and "get Lucky"!! :clover:
R1 :notam:

CircleJerk
01-25-2005, 11:52 PM
Hey, guys, this forum jabber should be taken very lightly, no need to get any tail feathers ruffled. I know for me, I enjoy folks teasing me, it makes me feel loved for the jerK that I am.....the boat in question was one of our fastest and nicest nostalgia boats bar none! Any racing action puts a scratch here and there, I know Marc wasnt slamming the boat or anyone connected with it, just alluding to the fact that it raced for three years, that's 16 weekends on a little 3/4 mile course.....that's not alot of miles for a boat that age! I'ts a fast boat and I have video to prove it.....and so does V-drive Video! We are going to miss the fast Voodoo Canoe B boat and its former team mate, Honcho! Unless of course you own a slower boat :D