PDA

View Full Version : family hang out spots?

famaffair
01-21-2005, 08:34 PM
hello all, just got my first boat and I am happy to say it's a 26 signature from Commander. Where are some good hangout spots to set up a canopy and chill with the wife and kids? :supp:

Holland
01-21-2005, 08:36 PM
Congrats on the boat!!! Post some pics when you can.

BonnevilleBaby
01-21-2005, 08:41 PM
If you like to camp(RV), Park Moabi is nice because there are peninsulas there that can accommodate multiple RV's and also allows tent camping. When you reserve a peninsula site you basically rent the beach to go with it. It is your beach and nobody can invade on you. Nice sandy beaches and within boating range of both Havasu and Laughlin.
The other good place to check out is Big River south of Parker. Go to Roostwears Forum and there is more info on Big river. Most of the events put on by Roostwear are also kid friendly due to they have two of their own. However, there is also time for the adults :wink:
Toni
Sorry, I would add the link for you but I don't know how to do that.

famaffair
01-21-2005, 08:41 PM
thanks, really looking forward to getting out on the lake.

Brooski
01-22-2005, 02:13 AM
Another lake to consider is Nacimiento in Paso Robles, mid state. I go there every year. It has alot of coves, you can set up day camp on the beach, kids can play, with no bother. There is the Narrows, where everyone goes and parties, but you can avoid that. There is also another cool cove, Las Tablas, that you could cruise or hang out in, and its alot less wild. Plus there is an Eagle nest. The lake is 18 miles long when full, and it is very close right now. You can check out the resort at www.nacimientoresort.com
Good luck. Maybe see ya at Nac

Flying Tiger
01-24-2005, 02:45 AM
Bit of a drive, but we like Elizabeth Canyon at the extreem east finger of Castaic Lake late Friday and Sunday afternoons in the summer.
Lake doesn't close until 8:30 PM.
Very pleasant. Play tunes, have a picnic, kids rest from wakeboarding.
+All the sandbars along the Parker strip:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3812Parker_July__04_037-med.jpg

Mrs. Revndave
01-24-2005, 12:57 PM
Mohave is also another nice family lake if you want to get away.

Havasu_Dreamin
01-24-2005, 01:05 PM
Places on what lake? You can pretty much find coves with beaches on both Havasu and Mohave. On Havasu, the coves are mostly on the AZ side South of Steamboat.