PDA

View Full Version : Logos not Lego's question?

spectratoad
01-21-2005, 08:46 PM
I am trying to create a logo for my company. How do you go about doing it and digitizing it so that you have it ready to add into my reporting software for getting business cards done etc....
Is there a software program or something available on the internet? :confused: :confused:

Mandelon
01-21-2005, 08:49 PM
Something like Print Shop???

HOOTER SLED-
01-21-2005, 08:52 PM
Ask oh mighty goddess River Kitty. Bow down to thee. :D

roostwear
01-21-2005, 08:52 PM
Depends on what formats you can use, and what image editor you have. Developing a logo that has the psychological as well as aesthetic appeal is the hardest part.

Scream
01-21-2005, 09:53 PM
There are tons of desktop publishing programs out there. Adobe, Correl and then there's Quark for Mac. Best thing is to draw up your idea and find a graphics artist and pay them to work it out. They can give it to you on a master and on a cd.
Scream

C-2
01-21-2005, 10:08 PM
The hardest part of doing what you describe is the learning curve required for each separate program.
I believe you should receive your logo in a vector artwork form. Vecotr will let you tweak it. If you start out in jpeg, bmp, gif or any other "digital" format, a printer might not accept the artwork, or charge you in arm and a leg to recreate it.
After you have the logo it's pretty simple to save it in different formats, and convert it to others. A really surprising and simple rogram to do this is Acrobat, the full version and not the reader only. it's not a graphics program but it has tons of filters that allow you to convert images into different formats.
You might try to nab a copy off of a peer to peer such as Kazaa (yuk).
I'm a rookie, just what I've learned along the way. :)

Dawn Patrol
01-21-2005, 10:51 PM
Best thing is to draw up your idea and find a graphics artist and pay them to work it out. They can give it to you on a master and on a cd.
Scream
I agree. I found an Artist who did like 40 different Logos for my Company.
It was hard to make a decision with that many choices. He only charged me like $200. Let me know if you want a number.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5989SFP-rs.jpg