PDA

View Full Version : Who does Billet aluminum machine work??

WetWillie
01-21-2005, 09:56 PM
I need a few of these made??
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/17PICT0104-med.JPG
I can get more details if you need it?? :)

Havasu Hangin'
01-21-2005, 09:58 PM
I hate to burst your bubble...but those canopies are not made out of aluminum. :eek:

upsman105
01-21-2005, 09:58 PM
try Ron's in Havasu.

WetWillie
01-21-2005, 10:01 PM
I can always count on you!!! Ok I need stereo covers built!! with the dcb logo! I think another person has asked someone at Rons to built theys with no success!! I will ask.. Anyone else!
I hate to burst your bubble...but those canopies are not made out of aluminum. :eek:

HOOTER SLED-
01-21-2005, 10:04 PM
I hear River Dave is dabbling in that medium. Hit him up.

Havasu Hangin'
01-21-2005, 10:05 PM
I can always count on you!!! Ok I need stereo covers built!! with the dcb logo! I think another person has asked someone at Rons to built theys with no success!! I will ask.. Anyone else!
You better ask your leader if he will let you make one with a logo (better mix up some more Kool-Aid).... :supp:

dmontzsta
01-21-2005, 10:11 PM
Dave Sammons and WSUWHR

Moneypitt
01-21-2005, 10:12 PM
Anyone that copies/duplicates someone else's logo for profit is in danger of copyright problems.....Just a heads up, I know it is done all the time, just not quite so "public". I am a machinist, and program CNCs for this type of trick stuff all the time. From what I could see in the pics, that cover appears to be cast...Is that what you are trying to replace?? ...........MP

wsuwrhr
01-21-2005, 10:22 PM
Anyone that copies/duplicates someone else's logo for profit is in danger of copyright problems.....Just a heads up, I know it is done all the time, just not quite so "public". I am a machinist, and program CNCs for this type of trick stuff all the time. ...........MP
Yep.
Brian

wsuwrhr
01-21-2005, 10:25 PM
Would Dave(DCB) approve of the logo?
Are you looking for the same style? Plex cover?
Brian

WetWillie
01-21-2005, 10:26 PM
I believe these were made for a few people on the boards by a company that has since gone out of business! I am sure DCB gave there blessing. If I can get a ok can these be made?? And how much??
Here is a closer LOOK!! (http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=30870&size=big&password=&sort=7&thecat=998)

WetWillie
01-21-2005, 10:28 PM
Yes sir!!! I have a few people that want them.. I bet Dave would buy them as well for new boats!
Would Dave(DCB) approve of the logo?
Are you looking for the same style? Plex cover?
Brian

TPI
01-22-2005, 06:19 AM
WW,
Call Roy at Get Real Performance in Santa Barbara. He WILL get you set up, I am sure of it.
www.getrealperformance.com (http://www.getrealperformance.com)

wsuwrhr
01-22-2005, 07:45 AM
I believe these were made for a few people on the boards by a company that has since gone out of bisiness! I am sure DCB gave there blessing. If I can get a ok can these be made?? And how much??
As long as the owner of the logo approves it wouldn't be a problem.
Brian

Havasu Hangin'
01-22-2005, 07:56 AM
I believe these were made for a few people on the boards by a company that has since gone out of bisiness! I am sure DCB gave there blessing. If I can get a ok can these be made?? And how much??
Here is a closer LOOK!! (http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=30870&size=big&password=&sort=7&thecat=998)
Better talk to Boatfloating about a "blessing"? :hammerhea

BoatFloating
01-22-2005, 09:20 AM
Better talk to Boatfloating about a "blessing"? :hammerhea
It's ok HH I'm sure he has the DCB Cult Leaders blessing since he owns a DCB (Dave's Cult Boats). :D I didn't since I own any but and we're the scum of the earth. :shift: I'm sure Dave will want his cut of the idea since he invented billet harware for boats..... :D

BADBLOWN572
01-23-2005, 10:43 AM
Talk to RD. He has made some really cool things lately that you will be seeing at the LA boat show. No problem doing logos either. Hit him up. I am sure that he can get them done.

Budget Baller
01-24-2005, 07:58 AM
If anyone wants to make these I will give you the end mills needed for the job. I will send the appropriate size Niagara Brand "A337" end mills. These are specifically for aluminum. If you do not want these, I can supply other tools as well.

Magic34
01-24-2005, 09:24 AM
I can probably get these done, just depends what quantity we are talking about. We already have a cover designed and made, so putting in your artwork should be simple. PM me if you still need them.
If you have the artwork ready to go, we could get it done fairly quickly.

RiverDave
01-24-2005, 10:18 AM
Not sure if you already have it under control or not.. but if you still need help I'd be glad to take a look at it for you.
RD