PDA

View Full Version : Boating Forum Family Day...getting the families together

beer hunter
01-23-2005, 07:52 AM
Boating Forum Family Day
I have deleted my original text/post as I feel this may cause some confusion because of the developing nature of this event Â…IÂ’m sure it has been quoted in this thread if you wish to view it.
Boating Forum Family Day will be held on Saturday May 14th at Rotary Community Park/beach in Lake Havasu at 11:00 am. BFFD will be held between the buoyed swim area and the wash to the south of it. The games will begin at noon and will last a couple of hours. This beach/park is accessible from both land and water via the south end of the channel and is located on the mainland across from the island. BFFD is a family style picnic with games for the kids and adults and was conceived as a way of bringing boating families from the boards together for a fun day at the lake.
I will post some pictures of the beach and our location on or about the third of May to help those that arenÂ’t familiar with Rotary Beach find it from the water.
Boating Forum Family Day Games & Prizes
• Shoe Toss… Age groups are 1 to 5 years old, 6 to 10 years old and 11 to 17 years old. Align kids in one long row and have them flick their shoe/sandal off their foot as far as they can. The child with the longest toss wins.
• Water Balloon Toss…This game is open to everyone. Two person teams will toss the water balloon to each other while getting further and further apart with each successive toss. The last team with an unbroken balloon wins.
• Numbers Game… Age groups are 1 to 5 years old, 6 to 10 years old, 11 to 17 years old and adults. Five teams with numbered sheets of colored paper will attempt to align themselves in the correct order as the numbers are called out. If a team messes up they will be eliminated and the remaining teams will compete against each other. The last remaining team wins.
• SpongeBob SquarePants Bucket Brigade… Age groups are 1 to 5 years old, 6 to 10 years old, 11 to 17 years old and adults. The object of this game is for your team to fill the bucket first. With teams of five, dip the sponge into the lake then pass it to the person behind you. The last person wrings the sponge out into the bucket then runs to the front of the line. He/she then dips the sponge into the lake then passes it to the person behind them. The process repeats itself until the bucket is full. The first team to fill the bucket wins.
• Hula-Hoop Contest… Age groups are 1 to 5 years old, 6 to 10 years old, 11 to 17 years old and adults. Maybe boys against girls. The last person to let it drop wins.
Raffle Tickets and Prizes
Each child that attends BFFD will receive a raffle ticket, a Rex Marine sticker, a squirt gun, ring pop and a bottle of bubbles at the beginning of the event. Each child on a winning team or each child who wins a game will receive an additional raffle ticket thereby increasing their chances at winning a prize or multiple prizes in the raffle. After all the games have been played, the prizes, including the hula-hoops and SpongeBob Buckets will be raffled off. The holders of the winning raffle tickets will have their choice of any of the prizes. This will continue until all the prizes are claimed. Any toys that aren’t claimed will be sent to “The Land of Misfit Toys” where they will remain until Santa rescues them. The raffle tickets are only for the kids.
Some of the games and prizes
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2249Copy_of_BFFD_Prizes_2_002.jpg
Here are some pics of the beach and park from the land and water.
This is the view of the beach coming from the marina.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2249Copy_of_Lake_Havasu_April_05_011.jpg
Another.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2249Copy_of_Lake_Havasu_April_05_014.jpg
The park just beyond the beach.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2249Copy_of_Lake_Havasu_April_05_020.jpg
The view of the Nautical Inn from the beach.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2249Copy_of_Lake_Havasu_April_05_026.jpg
A map of the area.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2249LH_citymap2.JPG
Now for the disclaimer: :D :hammer2:
Disclaimer: Please be advised that this is a "no host" event. Everyone who participates is responsible for their own safety, and the safety all others in their party. No lifeguards, babysitters, or any other form of security will be provided. It is up to all parties to contact the event venue location if you have any questions or safety concerns. No suggestions, "postings," or "chat" is to be interpreted in any way as accepting or representing any responsibility for this event.
* Note* Rotary Community Park has a “No Alcohol Policy” and drinking of alcoholic beverages is prohibited in the park and on the beach.

Mandelon
01-23-2005, 08:28 AM
We've talked about it a few times and many seem interested. Just need to pick a weekend and go for it. Sometime when the water is warm enough, but not when its 115 degrees.....but ya can't please everyone.
Let me know if ya need some help.

HOOTER SLED-
01-23-2005, 08:44 AM
Great idea. Will keep an eye out as it develops.

shueman
01-23-2005, 08:45 AM
Rotary in LHC..?? Lots of room, water will be the warmest there in May...

beer hunter
01-23-2005, 08:48 AM
Where/what is Rotary in LHC? :)

Parker Dreamin
01-23-2005, 08:48 AM
Sounds like a great idea.... I would be interested.

phebus
01-23-2005, 08:55 AM
That would be a good spot for those launching from Havasu. There are bathroom facilities, and playground areas. Also, those that are boatless can walk right down and join in the festivities, or for those with little ones, people could come and go from their crew and meet back later.
Rotary park is the area that if your leaving the channel, it is the cove area on the left. Grass area park.

Kilrtoy
01-23-2005, 10:04 AM
Where in , kids would love that, even though they throw the shocker themselves

RP1
01-23-2005, 10:04 AM
That would be a good spot for those launching from Havasu. There are bathroom facilities, and playground areas. Also, those that are boatless can walk right down and join in the festivities, or for those with little ones, people could come and go from their crew and meet back later.
Rotary park is the area that if your leaving the channel, it is the cove area on the left. Grass area park.
Good idea... you can also walk to the waterslides from there.

upsman105
01-23-2005, 10:05 AM
I would definately go for that.

H20Advantage
01-23-2005, 10:07 AM
We are in just firm up a date and spot. We can go anywhere in the Havasu area.

Dusty Times
01-23-2005, 10:28 AM
What about the park on the west side of the channel.
That way boat parking is in deep enough water.

MRS FLYIN VEE
01-23-2005, 10:40 AM
we are down. Just ink a date and we will show.. :)

phebus
01-23-2005, 10:42 AM
Depending on the amount of boats that show up, parking in a group may be a problem in the channel. Rotary area on the other hand is usually pretty wide open. Plus, I've never had a problem beaching the boat or anchoring off the beach in the Rotary area.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
01-23-2005, 10:52 AM
Where in , kids would love that, even though they throw the shocker themselves
stop teaching my kids bad habits :mad:

Havasu Hangin'
01-23-2005, 10:57 AM
I think Dusty and I would have trouble at Rotary Beach (too shallow). Therefore, since we'll have to anchor around 100 yards offshore...
...Kilr can be our water taxi.
:D

bchbum
01-23-2005, 11:05 AM
Put us down for it ,just hoping one of our girls doesn't need tubes in her ears again . she thinks 9 years old is to old to wear a swimcap in the channel .

Phat Daddy
01-23-2005, 11:27 AM
Beer Hunter, Sounds like a great idea. Only problem is that weekend won't work for us :cry: . We will be coming back from are annual Lake Nacimento trip. I know that is not a hard date, so if you can push it back to maybe the 21st. you'll be sure to get a $200.00 donation from the Phat Daddy crew.

famaffair
01-23-2005, 12:15 PM
THE NAME ON MY BOAT IS FAMILY AFFAIR!! MY WIFE AND I WOULD DEFINITELY DONTAE SOME PRIZES TO THE CAUSE :supp:

famaffair
01-23-2005, 12:16 PM
That Word Should Obviously Be Donate

Kachina26
01-23-2005, 12:29 PM
Gimme a date and we're in!!!!!

bchbum
01-23-2005, 01:10 PM
The only problem that I see is, most of the kids are still in school . this would be a short trip for most of us .I would keep the kids out for a day but their teacher is a big a-- hole .to all but a couple of kids families .Will still do our best to be there

phebus
01-23-2005, 01:14 PM
The only problem that I see is, most of the kids are still in school . this would be a short trip for most of us .I would keep the kids out for a day but their teacher is a big a-- hole .to all but a couple of kids families .Will still do our best to be there
If the teacher is good looking, invite her to come along, we'll loosen her up!! Oh wait, this is a family trip. :D

TheLurker
01-23-2005, 01:20 PM
I'm in and May 14 would work for me. I've seen threads about this and always thought it was a good idea and would be a lot of fun but have not stepped up to organize one. GOOD JOB MICHAEL!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-23-2005, 01:23 PM
The Family Picnic at Katherine Landing on the first weekend of June is supposed to be a family affair. And so is CBBB (they had kids games last year) I know I'm bringing mine to both of those.
It would be fun to go to one geared more around family events. I know it seems there are never enough kids around for mine to play with. Especially preteen girls. Anyone else have one of those???? http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_131.gif ('http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008_ZNxdm39696US')
We're out May 14. I'm graduating and it's Jeff's birthday. We're trying to plan a party around there sometime. We'll have to miss that one.

BarryMac
01-23-2005, 03:57 PM
Were in, let us know when and I would be happy to help in any way that you might need me... :D :D

GHTRIM
01-23-2005, 05:16 PM
:D Boating Forum Family Day
I know this idea has been kicked around before, (I believe Mandelon had suggested something similar in a thread on RRL last April) but it just seems that we don’t have a gathering at the lake for boating families, a gathering that is absent the pole dancing, shockers, heavy drinking, pasties and sexual antics that aren’t appropriate for many families with younger children IMHO. We’ve got OP6C and other events but nothing to my knowledge that’s geared towards the kids.
My thought is to put together an event for kids and parents which includes some games such as a water balloon toss, Hoola Hoop contest, (might be good for a few laughs if the moms and dads gave it a try) and other games of that nature. We could also give out little prizes like squirt guns, friendship bracelets and the like to every kid who participates.
I’m thinking the Mini Sandbar would be a good location for this because it’s shallow enough for the little kids to run around on and is big enough to hold a hundred boats or more. Also, on most weekends there aren’t any boats there and it’s accessible from Havasu and the Topoc/Needles areas. Another possible location might be in the channel at Park Moabi because of its nice beach but that area fills up early in the day and it might be tough to keep everyone together.
I’ll kick down a hundred bucks for prizes and games to get this thing rolling but may need some help with setting things up and possibly transporting some games to the location etc. At this time I’m setting the preliminary date on Saturday, May 14th at around noon but I can’t ink this date for a couple more weeks.
Maybe Mr. Spaise or one of the other editors can even donate a little ink and a page or two in Hot Boat Magazine as this kind of event would show some of the more positive aspects of our sport.
Your thoughts…? :)
We are in..... This should be a hit with all of the family types :D . You started it so you should (with the advise of a few) just set a weekend, give it a name and make it an annual event. If you need another hundred PM me once the date and place is firm and I will send you money or I would be more than happy to go shopping if you provide us with a list of items to bring. EVERYONE SHOULD HELP PUSH THIS THROUGH.... GREAT FOR THE KIDS.... BIG FAN!!! :D :D

Debbolas
01-23-2005, 05:21 PM
we are down. Just ink a date and we will show.. :)
What she said.................as long as we have the dates open :D
We could have like a "mini olympics" (My friend Sheri's family does this at Lake Powell every other year) You divide up into teams (maybe by area code) and then compete in several events like:
1)Filling coffee cans with water (they have holes in them) and then filling another bucket, first team done, wins
2)Eating "gross" things like spider brains and monkey kidneys :D
3)Swimming noodle race
I can call her and get more, that is all I can think of now...........

beer hunter
01-23-2005, 05:36 PM
Deb, those are exactly the kind of games I'm thinking of :D

Daytona100
01-23-2005, 05:52 PM
Sounds like a great idea. Count me in with two kids looking forward to boating season and lots of trips. Maybe a couple of trips to Mead this year its been a while. :rollside:

checkr'd past
01-23-2005, 07:20 PM
Checkr'd Past and family is in. Just name the time and date

WHIPPED502
01-23-2005, 09:38 PM
A family trip is a good idea. The kids would love going and hanging with other kids. My 4 yo is always navigating me to the crowd of kids.

BajaMike
01-23-2005, 09:51 PM
Sounds good....my g/f and her 4 and 7 year olds would love it!

JustMVG
01-23-2005, 10:08 PM
We'd Love a Family day/weekend just the where and when and you can count on us being there. MikeVG

Kilrtoy
01-23-2005, 10:22 PM
hey mike is lucious coming

JustMVG
01-24-2005, 02:02 AM
Well Kilr after seeing this i doubt will be seeing Luscious at all, Thanks
MikeVG

Desert Rat
01-24-2005, 06:47 AM
We would like to make it but it all depends on the date and of course if my son has soccer that weekend. Damn club soccer has a life of its own :frown:

VEGASBABY
01-24-2005, 07:01 AM
We are in..... This should be a hit with all of the family types :D . You started it so you should (with the advise of a few) just set a weekend, give it a name and make it an annual event. If you need another hundred PM me once the date and place is firm and I will send you money or I would be more than happy to go shopping if you provide us with a list of items to bring. EVERYONE SHOULD HELP PUSH THIS THROUGH.... GREAT FOR THE KIDS.... BIG FAN!!! :D :D Count me and the family in, sounds like a great idea and Im with GHTRIM pm me if there is anything I can do or money that can be sent to help out!

Music to my Ears
01-24-2005, 07:08 AM
Sounds great Mike. Let me know how I can help out! :p

beer hunter
01-24-2005, 07:34 AM
Sounds great Mike. Let me know how I can help out! :p
Thanks Kurt and to everyone for the positive feedback and offers of help etc! :D The Rotary Park deal sounds like it could work out really well for all the games and stuff. I was also thinking we could get everyone back in the boats after the games and all, then have a big cruise down (or up) the lake somewhere and the just raft up and kick it for a couple more hours. Keep the ideas coming, I want to make this as fun as possible for everyone. :)

a catered life
01-24-2005, 07:43 AM
If the teacher is good looking, invite her to come along, we'll loosen her up!! Oh wait, this is a family trip. :D
lol :D

bunny 166
01-24-2005, 07:57 AM
The Family Picnic at Katherine Landing on the first weekend of June is supposed to be a family affair. And so is CBBB (they had kids games last year) I know I'm bringing mine to both of those.
It would be fun to go to one geared more around family events. I know it seems there are never enough kids around for mine to play with. Especially preteen girls. Anyone else have one of those???? http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_131.gif ('http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008_ZNxdm39696US')
We're out May 14. I'm graduating and it's Jeff's birthday. We're trying to plan a party around there sometime. We'll have to miss that one.
We have an 11 year old girl--makes friends very easy, too!! Hope to see everyone there! Keep us informed of the date and what you need.... :) :wink:

beer hunter
01-24-2005, 08:09 AM
We have an 11 year old girl--makes friends very easy, too!! Hope to see everyone there! Keep us informed of the date and what you need.... :) :wink:
Will do, Bunny, my neighbor and good friend Kevin MacDonald (KevnMcd on the boards) works with your husband at Cal-Pac homes...small world :D

bunny 166
01-24-2005, 08:18 AM
Will do, Bunny, my neighbor and good friend Kevin MacDonald (KevnMcd on the boards) works with your husband at Cal-Pac homes...small world :D
I know--what a crack up, huh? I think Kevin posted one day asking who knew my hubby's name, just to make sure it was him.....Darrin said" Hey, how is he posting from work??" It was so funny... :D Is he coming to the family delio?

beer hunter
01-24-2005, 08:33 AM
Is he coming to the family delio?
I'm not sure yet, we have seven families (three on the boards) on our cul-de-sac that have boats and most of us boat together every month during the season. I think most of them would make it, including Kevin. :cool:

SCUBA STEVE
01-24-2005, 08:43 AM
We are in, just let us know the date & what is needed. :cool:

Mandelon
01-24-2005, 04:58 PM
Check the rules for Rotary beach. We got hassled there one time for having a dog and alcohol if I can remember it right.
An organized event might need a permit.
The north end of the channel, near the new condos might work, but a beach would be the best, especially if there's games and such.
How about: Hot Boat Forum Family Regatta :confused:

chub
01-24-2005, 05:09 PM
We don't have kids but I'm amazed at this thought. All of our friends have kids so it's always family weekend. We still wanna hang out with everybody. Can no kids couples go? Chub has 40 kids.....you should see my Christmas list. :wink:

phebus
01-24-2005, 05:11 PM
How about: Hot Boat Forum Family Regatta :confused:
I know some have stepped forward an offered some money to help with the event, but Mandy has a great idea that should be looked into.
I wonder how much Todd from Jokers Wild would charge to put together a mini regatta. It wouldn't need the dinner and poker run, just a day at the beach deal. There would be a charge to attend to pay for the event, and no one person would have to foot the bill. Idea???? :confused: Heck, maybe we could get ***boat mag to cover it, and pony up some prizes.

Kilrtoy
01-24-2005, 05:18 PM
I know some have stepped forward an offered some money to help with the event, but Mandy has a great idea that should be looked into.
I wonder how much Todd from Jokers Wild would charge to put together a mini regatta. It wouldn't need the dinner and poker run, just a day at the beach deal. There would be a charge to attend to pay for the event, and no one person would have to foot the bill. Idea???? :confused: Heck, maybe we could get ***boat mag to cover it, and pony up some prizes.
Sounds good get'er done

beer hunter
01-24-2005, 05:36 PM
I spoke with someone from LHC park reservations but was told Rotary Park doesn't have beach access for boats :hammerhea HD sent me a link to the Essex Regatta that clearly shows peeps on the beach in front of the park. Anyway, the lady I spoke with agreed to hold two ramadas (the covered shade areas with two or more picnic benches and a BBQ for each) at London Bridge Beach for a couple of weeks until I can figure this thing out. This is the park in the channel on the island side. I didn't ask about the alcohol deal but I think the boats could be parked right in front of this area so beer and drinks are never far away.
I'm also considering a cruise after the games and stuff to a cove or beach just for kicks.
I was also thinking we could have a raffle and give away some kids life vest, intertube, tee shirts, sunscreen, gift certificates, etc but I'm not really sure how to go about getting donations from businesses or if we should even take it in that direction. :messedup: :D

beer hunter
01-24-2005, 05:50 PM
Can no kids couples go? Of course, you just have to act like a kid :D

Dusty Times
01-24-2005, 05:53 PM
I am up for it either way. Jokers wild with an entry or I will make a donation.
A slower family speed poker run wouldn't be bad either.

phebus
01-24-2005, 05:56 PM
I spoke with someone from LHC park reservations but was told Rotary Park doesn't have beach access for boats :hammerhea HD sent me a link to the Essex Regatta that clearly shows peeps on the beach in front of the park. Anyway, the lady I spoke with agreed to hold two ramadas (the covered shade areas with two or more picnic benches and a BBQ for each) at London Bridge Beach for a couple of weeks until I can figure this thing out. This is the park in the channel on the island side. I didn't ask about the alcohol deal but I think the boats could be parked right in front of this area so beer and drinks are never far away.
I'm also considering a cruise after the games and stuff to a cove or beach just for kicks.
I was also thinking we could have a raffle and give away some kids life vest, intertube, tee shirts, sunscreen, gift certificates, etc but I'm not really sure how to go about getting donations from businesses or if we should even take it in that direction. :messedup: :D
I have parked my boat in front of the Rotary park area on many occasions. It might not be officially in the park area, but the entire cove area to your left as your leaving the channel heading south is usually wide open.
Is the area you reserved in the area of the dog park?

Mandelon
01-24-2005, 05:56 PM
I think we just ask...... :D

phebus
01-24-2005, 06:00 PM
I wouldn't think you would need prizes of any value. How about doing it like a gift exchange. If you attend, bring a gift with you that would be placed in a prize pool.

beer hunter
01-24-2005, 06:06 PM
I wouldn't think you would need prizes of any value. How about doing it like a gift exchange. If you attend, bring a gift with you that would be placed in a prize pool.
Good idea, one gift per kid :rollside:

shueman
01-24-2005, 08:09 PM
Rotary Beach does have restrictions about alcohol on the beach...just keep your drinks in the boat and carry a cup...!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/176153803824WCTMLT_ph-med.jpg
I've seen Regattas there quite often....should be able to reserve with the Parks and Rec Dept in the city...

DryHeatOnly
01-24-2005, 11:39 PM
Great idea BH (and Mandy). We'll be there with our 3 kids who will want to bring 3 more. :jawdrop: :D

TheLurker
01-25-2005, 05:59 AM
I have not seen anyone come up with a name for this thing.
Would you want to call it the same name as the thread title?
“Boating Forum Family Day”
or may be
“***boat Family Fiesta”
Any other thoughts? Start a Poll?
Also what are ages will your kids be this summer?
Mine :
Tayler Girl 9 years old
Tyler Boy 8 years old
Ashley Girl 6 years old

FREIND OF AA AND TA
01-25-2005, 07:58 AM
What a great Idea! How about Park Moabi? Big beach and fun trip there. Cops are cool and boat traffic not to bad. I promise the d-row kids are fun and will keep the pasties to a min. Just please don't pic June 3rd. That is my only weekend without the darn varmits! Let me know what kind of help is needed.

Dusty Times
01-26-2005, 04:35 AM
I just found out that my daughters have gymnastics competitions in Vegas the first two weekends in May. After that I'm free and clear.
Don't know if that date is set in stone yet.

WYRD
02-11-2005, 12:52 PM
This is a great Idea! I will be there for sure will some one please post the formal thread with dates and locations?
Mine are:
11 Y/O Boy :) :) :)
5 Y/O Girl :) :) :)

a catered life
02-11-2005, 01:19 PM
ok beer hunter without reading this long thread what is the plans? :confused:
a few posse members are instrested so spill the beans.
date? time? place? fee? pre-reg? hotel or camping? gifts for kids? food? gimme the info :p i got four myself not including my father jbr :frown: he's my idol not the american version :yuk:

Desert Rat
02-11-2005, 02:50 PM
If it fits the schedual we are in with a 12yo boy... Have a friend with 3 girls thats also interested. Details please :cool: The 14th works best. Really would be nice if it revolves around the kids. To many times mine is bored stiff being the only kid/boy/12 yo.

Desert Rat
02-11-2005, 03:04 PM
Hey ***boat how about making this a sticky??

SoCalOffshore
02-11-2005, 04:02 PM
Lets do it.

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
02-11-2005, 04:09 PM
I can't wait to do this !!!! I always want to bring the boys but it's never an appropriate (sp) time. This will be great, count us in !!!
Two boy's:
10yr old
5yr old
:D :D

WYRD
02-11-2005, 04:13 PM
Sounds like we have alot of interested Boaters so who is taking charge of the event schedule? :cool:

ITS ALL GOOD
02-11-2005, 04:17 PM
Beerhunter
Ok Mike what is the official location and date??? sounds like a lot of interested people.
We will be there with my 5 yr old daughter and 2 yr old son.

BarryMac
02-11-2005, 04:20 PM
Let me know when and where, I'll bring my 12 year old and one of her buddies...

24ROD
02-11-2005, 04:21 PM
We are in too! 2y/o Grandaughter + Mama + me :cool:

WYRD
02-11-2005, 04:24 PM
We gotta do this people we have an obligation to train our future generation of Hot Boaters!!! Our youth needs us!!! :cool: :cool:

VEGASBABY
02-11-2005, 04:35 PM
Hey Beer Hunter I thought May 14 was the day for the party, Ive got that day on our calender, did that get changed in this thread somewhere or is it the same???

riverbound
02-11-2005, 04:55 PM
I'm in for 4
Me
The wife
3 yr. old
1yr old

WYRD
02-11-2005, 04:57 PM
Hey Beer Hunter I thought May 14 was the day for the party, Ive got that day on our calender, did that get changed in this thread somewhere or is it the same???
May 14 and 15 works for me I am in for 3 Me and My 11 yo and 5 yo. Now we need to pick a place!!!

beer hunter
02-11-2005, 06:05 PM
All right here’s the deal. BFFD will be held at Rotary Community Park in Havasu on May 14th. Because of “permitting issues” this needs be an informal deal but I have reserved two cabanas (covered areas with a couple of picnic tables) located on the beach. I’ll post the cabana numbers as we get closer to the date. Rotary Park is located at the south entrance to the channel on the right and has good beach access with plenty of room for the boats. They also have large grassy areas for the kids to run around on and play games. I’d like to do this fairly early, at around noon or earlier. Then, after the games and stuff (maybe three hours) do a family cruise to a nice cove, maybe in the Three Dunes area or Steam Boat Cove, then raft up for some fun, swimming and general socializing.
IÂ’m looking for about three or four families to sponsor a game for the kids. It doesnÂ’t have to be anything fancy, just something simple that you think kids of various ages will enjoy. IÂ’m going to bring a cooler full of water balloons for a water balloon toss game.
I was at Wal-Mart the other day and picked up about six dozen little squirt guns to give out to the kids and IÂ’ll keep my eye out for other little gifts/prizes so they all get something they can have fun with.
Please bear with me as IÂ’ve never thrown something like this together but IÂ’m sure everyone will have a great time and there seems to be a lot of interest. :) :)

Desert Rat
02-11-2005, 06:31 PM
I hear that JetboatRich's wife Step has alot of very good games and ideas for this kind of thing. Hey Rich see if we can get some ideas from the expert. :D I will also see what I can pick up for the prize pool, the kids always love a little prize/gift

Debbolas
02-11-2005, 06:42 PM
I would be happy to help you organise the kids games...
We have May 14th open, I just need to check with Scream, find a place to stay, are dogs allowed on that beach?...
Our kids are a little older 14,15 & 18, but the 18yr old never seems to go with us anymore... :confused:
Here are some games:
Whipped Bubbles:
You put a piece of bubble gum on a paper plate and cover it with whip cream. You have 3 teams of kids, each kid has their turn at the front of the line, eating the gum and whipped cream. The first team done wins :D (each child will get their own paper plate)
Spider brains, Lizzard guts:
You put disgusting things :D into little dixie cups. Each team selects one child to eat the "disgusting" thing. It is very important the kids think these are real, otherwise, it's not fun. My daughter gagged on a monkey brain (carmel walnut) :D
Sponge Bob Bucket Brigade:
Teams of kids again. Each team has a sponge by the water and a bucket at the end of the line. The first kid by the water soaks the sponge in the lake and passes it between their legs to the kid behind them. Trying to keep as much water in the sponge as possible. When the sponge gets to the bucket, the last kid wrings it out into the bucket. The first team fill their bucket wins! :D
Most of these games are for teams of kids, but this one is an individual event:
Noodle Swim:
each kid grabs a noodle and swims to a "marked place" in the lake, the first one back wins. One prize for boys, one for girls.
Water Balloon Toss:
Like an egg toss, teams of two, backing farther and farther away until all the balloons are broken except one.......the winner! :D
Thats off the top of my head, I can call my friend and see if she remembers any more...
Deb :D

famaffair
02-11-2005, 07:02 PM
outstanding!!! I applaud your efforts. I would like to assist if I can. I am sure my kids would enjoy something like that. I am new to the boating scene and Family is what it's all about
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2285THERIDE.jpg
All right here’s the deal. BFFD will be held at Rotary Community Park in Havasu on May 14th. Because of “permitting issues” this needs be an informal deal but I have reserved two cabanas (covered areas with a couple of picnic tables) located on the beach. I’ll post the cabana numbers as we get closer to the date. Rotary Park is located at the south entrance to the channel on the right and has good beach access with plenty of room for the boats. They also have large grassy areas for the kids to run around on and play games. I’d like to do this fairly early, at around noon or earlier. Then, after the games and stuff (maybe three hours) do a family cruise to a nice cove, maybe in the Three Dunes area or Steam Boat Cove, then raft up for some fun, swimming and general socializing.
IÂ’m looking for about three or four families to sponsor a game for the kids. It doesnÂ’t have to be anything fancy, just something simple that you think kids of various ages will enjoy. IÂ’m going to bring a cooler full of water balloons for a water balloon toss game.
I was at Wal-Mart the other day and picked up about six dozen little squirt guns to give out to the kids and IÂ’ll keep my eye out for other little gifts/prizes so they all get something they can have fun with.
Please bear with me as IÂ’ve never thrown something like this together but IÂ’m sure everyone will have a great time and there seems to be a lot of interest. :) :)

LUVNLIFE
02-12-2005, 07:27 AM
I hear that JetboatRich's wife Step has alot of very good games and ideas for this kind of thing. Hey Rich see if we can get some ideas from the expert. :D I will also see what I can pick up for the prize pool, the kids always love a little prize/gift
Yea I really like the one where my daughter got to throw water all over my face while trying to fill a cup :notam: :D

WYRD
02-12-2005, 10:31 AM
You guys are the Coolest! I have been wanting to do a family run like this for a while. I am in for sure and If I need to do or bring anything Please just let me know. Can we bar-b-Q at the park? If so maybe we should do an attendance list and deligate something for each person/family to bring??? :idea: How ever we do it we are going to show the kids a great time! HB'ers are awsome!! :mix: HERE IS TO A GREAT SUMMER :p

RiverKitty
02-12-2005, 10:45 AM
Just set a date and we'll be there!!!! :D
Kids ages, 21, 18, 16, & 14. :eek:
I'm bringin' my camera.....this event should make for some great shots in the 2006 F&F Calendar! :D

WYRD
02-12-2005, 10:54 AM
Just set a date and we'll be there!!!! :D
Kids ages, 21, 18, 16, & 14. :eek:
I'm bringin' my camera.....this event should make for some great shots in the 2006 F&F Calendar! :D
May 14th
:shift:

RiverKitty
02-12-2005, 11:50 AM
May 14th
:shift:
Just penciled it in my calendar!!! :D :D :D
This is such a great idea! Can't believe we haven't done this sooner!!!
Do we have an official name for the event yet??? :confused:

Debbolas
02-12-2005, 12:07 PM
Once we think of a name, we will need some "t-shirts" or hats :rollside:

RiverKitty
02-12-2005, 12:10 PM
Once we think of a name, we will need some "t-shirts" or hats :rollside:

tamalewagon
02-12-2005, 01:44 PM
Great idea! Count the 4 Tamalewagon beans in! :D

Kegel King
02-12-2005, 02:02 PM
Hi everyone!.........Is Boating Forum Family day open to everyone like long time lurkers and new poster's?

LUVNLIFE
02-12-2005, 03:03 PM
Yep just show up and say who you are. Friends and good times will follow. :)

72Hallett
02-12-2005, 03:40 PM
Love the idea. We'll plan to be there.

AirtimeLavey
02-12-2005, 05:10 PM
Very cool. Sounds like an awesome time for the whole family. I have a 12 year old boy, and an 8 year old girl. I only have them every other w/e, but May 14th will work! I will also throw in a hundie, or pick up some of whatever stuff needed. I'll see if I can get some prizes from Nickelodian, Animal Planet or Cartoon Network, etc.....
BH or Mand..., you should start a list of attendees...maybe include # of kids, and ages....

Desert Rat
02-12-2005, 05:23 PM
I'll start
Desert Rat (Old fart)
Mrs Desert Rat ( much younger then me) :D
Son of Desert Rat (will be 13 a couple of weeks after event) :smile:

Mrs. Revndave
02-12-2005, 06:42 PM
We are in. I would be more than happy to help donate stuff for this event. Put us in for 4
Kids ages
9 year old son
5 week old son ( start them young) :p

JustMVG
02-12-2005, 07:20 PM
You can count on the MandMVG Family to be there, 3 girls 10 12 and 16, is there RV parking there at or near the get together site?
MikeVG

beer hunter
02-12-2005, 09:21 PM
HereÂ’s a list of people who said they were going so far. Please update the list as you add your name and post the number of children you will be bringing, their gender and age. :cool:
24ROD
72 Hallet
A catered life
Airtime Lavey...one boy, 12 one girl, 8
Baja Mike
Bchbum
Beer Hunter...two boys, 6 &10
Bunny166
Checkr'd past
Chub
Daytona100
Debbolas/Scream
Desert Rat...one boy, 13
DryHeatOnly
Dusty Times
Famaffair
GHTRIM
Gottajetboat
H2O Advantage
Hallett...one girl, 16
ITS ALL GOOD
Kachina 26
Kegel King
Kilrtoy
MandMVG...three girls 10,12,16
Mrs. HOOTER SLED
Mrs. Revndave...two boys 9 years & 5 weeks
Music to my Ears...one boy, 7 one girl, 9
OutCole'd & the Mrs. + boy 12, girl 9
Riverbound
RiverKitty
SCUBA STEVE
SoCalOffshore...one six year old
Tamalewagon
TheLurker
VEGASBABY
WhosYoRiverDaddy

SoCalOffshore
02-12-2005, 09:40 PM
We are in with our 6 year old.

Hallett
02-12-2005, 09:47 PM
Im in sounds good TO ME MY DAUGHTER IS SIXTEEN
BUT WE WOULD LIKE TO BE THERE SHOULD BE GREAT
KEEP ME POSTED . :D

OutCole'd
02-12-2005, 09:52 PM
24ROD
72 Hallet
A catered life
Baja Mike
Bchbum
Bunny166
Checkr'd past
Chub
Daytona100
Debbolas/Scream
Desert Rat...one boy, 13
DryHeatOnly
Dusty Times
Famaffair
GHTRIM
Gottajetboat
H2O Advantage
ITS ALL GOOD
Kachina 26
Kegel King
Kilrtoy
Mrs. HOOTER SLED
Riverbound
RiverKitty
SCUBA STEVE
Tamalewagon
TheLurker
VEGASBABY
WhosYoRiverDaddy

bchbum
02-13-2005, 06:11 AM
We'll do everything we can to be there .
me the mrs,
our 9 year old twin girls

WYRD
02-13-2005, 08:34 AM
24ROD
72 Hallet
A catered life
Baja Mike
Bchbum
Bunny166
Checkr'd past
Chub
Daytona100
Debbolas/Scream
Desert Rat...one boy, 13
DryHeatOnly
Dusty Times
Famaffair
GHTRIM
Gottajetboat
H2O Advantage
ITS ALL GOOD
Kachina 26
Kegel King
Kilrtoy
Mrs. HOOTER SLED
Riverbound
RiverKitty
SCUBA STEVE
Tamalewagon
TheLurker
VEGASBABY
WhosYoRiverDaddy + boy 11, girl 5
:cool:

a catered life
02-13-2005, 01:50 PM
HereÂ’s a list of people who said they were going so far. Please update the list as you add your name and post the number of children you will be bringing, their gender and age. :cool:
24ROD
72 Hallet
A catered life-three girls 14,11,6 one boy 8
Baja Mike
Bchbum
Bunny166
Checkr'd past
Chub
Daytona100
Debbolas/Scream
Desert Rat...one boy, 13
DryHeatOnly
Dusty Times
Famaffair
GHTRIM
Gottajetboat
H2O Advantage
Hallett...one girl, 16
ITS ALL GOOD
Kachina 26
Kegel King
Kilrtoy
Mrs. HOOTER SLED
Riverbound
RiverKitty
SCUBA STEVE
Tamalewagon
TheLurker
VEGASBABY
WhosYoRiverDaddy
added kids and age

phebus
02-13-2005, 02:17 PM
24ROD
72 Hallet
Baja Mike
Bchbum
Bunny166
Checkr'd past
Chub
Daytona100
Debbolas/Scream
Desert Rat...one boy, 13
DryHeatOnly
Dusty Times
Famaffair
GHTRIM
Gottajetboat
H2O Advantage
Hallett...one girl, 16
ITS ALL GOOD
Kachina 26
Kegel King
Kilrtoy
Mrs. HOOTER SLED
Phebus + 6 hookers
Riverbound
RiverKitty
SCUBA STEVE
Tamalewagon
TheLurker
VEGASBABY
WhosYoRiverDaddy

a catered life
02-13-2005, 02:27 PM
Just penciled it in my calendar!!! :D :D :D
This is such a great idea! Can't believe we haven't done this sooner!!!
Do we have an official name for the event yet??? :confused:
my 2 cents HB Family Fun Boards Bash-- HB(not sure how hb feels about their name on sosmething) ---------- short version FFBB

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
02-13-2005, 02:31 PM
I see me on the list but how do I change it to say:
Mrs. & Mr. HOOTER SLED +2 boy's ( 5 & 10 )
If any one can do it for me I would appreciate(sp) it!!! :D

HOOTER SLED-
02-13-2005, 02:55 PM
24ROD
72 Hallet
Baja Mike
Bchbum
Bunny166
Checkr'd past
Chub
Daytona100
Debbolas/Scream
Desert Rat...one boy, 13
DryHeatOnly
Dusty Times
Famaffair
GHTRIM
Gottajetboat
H2O Advantage
Hallett...one girl, 16
ITS ALL GOOD
Kachina 26
Kegel King
Kilrtoy
The HOOTER SLEDS-------+2 boys (10 & 5)
Phebus + 6 hookers
Riverbound
RiverKitty
SCUBA STEVE
Tamalewagon
TheLurker
VEGASBABY
WhosYoRiverDaddy

riverbound
02-13-2005, 03:05 PM
Add 2 boys 1&3 to mine

a catered life
02-13-2005, 03:43 PM
24ROD
72 Hallet
Baja Mike
Bchbum
Bunny166
Checkr'd past
Chub
Daytona100
Debbolas/Scream
Desert Rat...one boy, 13
DryHeatOnly
Dusty Times
Famaffair
GHTRIM
Gottajetboat
H2O Advantage
Hallett...one girl, 16
ITS ALL GOOD
Kachina 26
Kegel King
Kilrtoy
Phebus + 6 hookers
Riverbound 2 boys 1 & 3
RiverKitty
SCUBA STEVE
Tamalewagon
TheLurker
VEGASBABY
WhosYoRiverDaddy
done

bchbum
02-13-2005, 04:52 PM
add 2 girls to mine age 9 (twins ) oh and the wife

beer hunter
02-13-2005, 04:57 PM
add 2 girls to mine age 9 (twins ) oh and the wife
24ROD
72 Hallet
Baja Mike
Bchbums...two girls, age 9
Beer Hunter...two boys, 6 & 10
Bunny166 and Mr....girl, 11 and boy, 6
Checkr'd past
Chub
Daytona100
Debbolas/Scream
Desert Rat...one boy, 13
DryHeatOnly
Dusty Times
Famaffair
GHTRIM
Gottajetboat
H2O Advantage
Hallett...one girl, 16
ITS ALL GOOD+ girl 5 and boy 2
Kachina 26
Kegel Kings...two girls, 3 and 6
Kilrtoy
Phebus & Shebus...one girl, 16
Riverbound 2 boys 1 & 3
RiverKitty
SCUBA STEVE
Tamalewagon
The Lurker...two girls, 6 & 9...one boy, 8
VEGASBABY
WhosYoRiverDaddy
There you go :smile:

Kegel King
02-13-2005, 05:13 PM
Add 2 Girls 3 and 6 and the Wifey please thanks

ITS ALL GOOD
02-13-2005, 09:54 PM
24ROD
72 Hallet
A catered life
Baja Mike
Bchbum
Bunny166
Checkr'd past
Chub
Daytona100
Debbolas/Scream
Desert Rat...one boy, 13
DryHeatOnly
Dusty Times
Famaffair
GHTRIM
Gottajetboat
H2O Advantage
ITS ALL GOOD + girl 5 and boy 2
Kachina 26
Kegel King &WIFE AND 2 GIRLS 3&6
Kilrtoy
Mrs. HOOTER SLED
Riverbound
RiverKitty
SCUBA STEVE
Tamalewagon
TheLurker
VEGASBABY
WhosYoRiverDaddy

bunny 166
02-13-2005, 11:40 PM
24ROD
72 Hallet
A catered life
Baja Mike
Bchbum
Checkr'd past
Chub
Daytona100
Debbolas/Scream
Desert Rat...one boy, 13
DryHeatOnly
Dusty Times
Famaffair
GHTRIM
Gottajetboat
H2O Advantage
Kachina 26
Kilrtoy
Mrs. HOOTER SLED
Riverbound
RiverKitty
SCUBA STEVE
Tamalewagon
TheLurker
VEGASBABY
WhosYoRiverDaddy

beer hunter
02-14-2005, 04:10 AM
24ROD
72 Hallet
Baja Mike
Beer Hunter...two boys, 6 & 10
Checkr'd past
Chub
Daytona100
Debbolas/Scream
Desert Rat...one boy, 13
DryHeatOnly
Dusty Times
Famaffair
GHTRIM
Gottajetboat
H2O Advantage
Hallett...one girl, 16
Kachina 26
Kilrtoy
Riverbound 2 boys 1 & 3
RiverKitty
SCUBA STEVE
Tamalewagon
VEGASBABY
WhosYoRiverDaddy
Most updated list :)

VEGASBABY
02-14-2005, 06:47 AM
Just for the head count, Myself the Mrs. my girl 15 and my son 13. Everyones really looking foward to it!

GHTRIM
02-14-2005, 06:53 AM
done
Add GHTRIM, MsGHTRIM and Two Kids (5 & 1). Again, PM me if there is anything we can do. :cool:

boxscore
02-14-2005, 07:07 AM
Add Boxscore, wife, 7 y/o daughter
Thx

a catered life
02-14-2005, 09:43 AM
24ROD
72 Hallet
A catered life
Baja Mike
Bchbum
Bunny166
Checkr'd past
Chub
Daytona100
Debbolas/Scream
Desert Rat...one boy, 13
DryHeatOnly
Dusty Times
Famaffair
GHTRIM & mrs 2 kids 5 & 1.5
Gottajetboat
H2O Advantage
Kachina 26
Kilrtoy
Mrs. HOOTER SLED
Riverbound
RiverKitty
SCUBA STEVE
Tamalewagon
TheLurker
VEGASBABY
WhosYoRiverDaddy

Artv
02-14-2005, 10:14 AM
This sounds like a cool event for the kids. Count us in if the boat does not sell. ArtV,JackieV and Jeslyn she will be 17months by May 14th

HOOTER SLED-
02-14-2005, 10:44 AM
This sounds like a cool event for the kids. Count us in if the boat does not sell. ArtV,JackieV and Jeslyn she will be 17months by May 14th
Hey knucklehead, you can always roll with us if you sell the boat.

Artv
02-14-2005, 10:51 AM
Hey knucklehead, you can always roll with us if you sell the boat.
Thanks Bro, I will keep you posted.

WYRD
02-14-2005, 11:06 AM
Can you add my 11 y/o son and gonna be 6 y/o :cool: daughter?

WYRD
02-14-2005, 11:08 AM
No wifey or GF though :( on V-Day and all but hey maybe some hot chick here will want to go :wink:

Wally_Gator
02-14-2005, 11:15 AM
Count the Gators in...
1 girl and 3 boys... She will be 2 and boys 8, 9 and Uh... 36?
No make that 1 girl and two boys plus the missus and I..

WHIPPED502
02-14-2005, 11:29 AM
Can you please add me,the wife,10 YO son,and 4 YO daughter. This sounds like a great idea. Everyone should have a good time.

dbddbd
02-14-2005, 06:28 PM
they should, yes... :devil: :devil:

FLOJO
02-14-2005, 06:33 PM
us too, one boy 5, girl 3 thanks

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
02-14-2005, 07:15 PM
24ROD
72 Hallet
Baja Mike
Bchbum
Bunny166
Checkr'd past
Chub
Daytona100
Debbolas/Scream
Desert Rat...one boy, 13
DryHeatOnly
Dusty Times
Famaffair
GHTRIM
Gottajetboat
H2O Advantage
Hallett...one girl, 16
ITS ALL GOOD
Kachina 26
Kegel King
Kilrtoy
Phebus + 6 hookers
Riverbound
RiverKitty
SCUBA STEVE
Tamalewagon
TheLurker
VEGASBABY
WhosYoRiverDaddy
Thanks D-I-L-F!!!!! :wink:

OutCole'd
02-14-2005, 07:24 PM
Made my reservations today. :rollside:

beer hunter
02-14-2005, 07:56 PM
Here's the most current list, this thing is going to be huge at the rate we're adding families :p
24ROD
72 Hallet
Artv + wife one girl, 17 months
Baja Mike
Beer Hunter + wife...two boys, 6 & 10
Boxscore +wife one girl, 7
Checkr'd past
Chub
Daytona100
Debbolas/Scream
Desert Rat...one boy, 13
DryHeatOnly
Dusty Times
Famaffair
FLOJOÂ… one boy, 5 one girl, 3
GHTRIMÂ…two kids, 5 & 1
Gottajetboat
H2O Advantage
Hallett...one girl, 16
Kachina 26
Kilrtoy
Riverbound 2 boys 1 & 3
RiverKitty
SCUBA STEVE
Tamalewagon
VEGASBABY + wife Â…one boy, 13 one girl, 15
Wally Gator Â…three boys, 8, 9 & 36? one girl,2
WHIPPED502 + wifeÂ…one boy,10 one girl, 4
WhosYoRiverDaddyÂ…one boy, 11 one girl, 6

Debbolas
02-14-2005, 08:09 PM
Made my reservations today. :rollside:
Where?
I need some hotel advice, Hopefully we can make it :wink:

a catered life
02-14-2005, 08:12 PM
Where?
yea where?

OutCole'd
02-14-2005, 08:12 PM
Where?
I'm renting a park model at the Islander for the weekend. That place is just too easy to stay at for me. Kinda get spoiled.

Debbolas
02-14-2005, 08:27 PM
yea where?
uh, Havasu? :confused:
Isn't that where the party is?

tamalewagon
02-14-2005, 08:34 PM
Here's the most current list, this thing is going to be huge at the rate we're adding families :p
BH...our kids are 2 & 3 1/2 both boys...Little young, but we'll teach 'em proper river etiquet while they're still trainable. :D

Debbolas
02-14-2005, 09:19 PM
24ROD
72 Hallet
Baja Mike
Checkr'd past
Chub
Daytona100
Debbolas/Scream - daughter 18, daughter 15 and son 14 :D
Desert Rat...one boy, 13
DryHeatOnly
Dusty Times
Famaffair
GHTRIMÂ…two kids, 5 & 1
Gottajetboat
H2O Advantage
Hallett...one girl, 16
Kachina 26
Kilrtoy
Riverbound 2 boys 1 & 3
RiverKitty
SCUBA STEVE
Tamalewagon

beer hunter
02-14-2005, 09:25 PM
BH...our kids are 2 & 3 1/2 both boys...Little young, but we'll teach 'em proper river etiquet while they're still trainable. :D
24ROD
72 Hallet
Baja Mike
Checkr'd past
Chub
Daytona100
Debbolas/Scream - daughter 18, daughter 15 and son 14
Desert Rat...one boy, 13
DryHeatOnly
Dusty Times
Famaffair
GHTRIMÂ…two kids, 5 & 1
Gottajetboat
H2O Advantage
Hallett...one girl, 16
Kachina 26
Kilrtoy
Riverbound 2 boys 1 & 3
RiverKitty
SCUBA STEVE
Tamalewagon...two boys, 2 & 3

SCUBA STEVE
02-15-2005, 07:02 AM
24ROD
72 Hallet
Baja Mike
Checkr'd past
Chub
Daytona100
Desert Rat...one boy, 13
DryHeatOnly
Dusty Times
Famaffair
GHTRIMÂ…two kids, 5 & 1
Gottajetboat
H2O Advantage
Hallett...one girl, 16
Kachina 26
Kilrtoy
Riverbound 2 boys 1 & 3
RiverKitty
SCUBA's 1 girl 9
Had to update my name. I havent kept up with this thread but we'll be there and do what ever is needed. :cool:
BH thanks for getting this thing going. :cool:

Desert Rat
02-15-2005, 12:22 PM
yea where?
Willie when you find something let me know. I'm tring to put together something in the way of a duplex with pool and spa but won't know for a while so I need options man :idea:

WYRD
02-15-2005, 12:28 PM
You deleted my name
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_6_10.gif

barbigrl
02-15-2005, 01:26 PM
Can i bring Skipper?

WYRD
02-15-2005, 02:08 PM
Can i bring Skipper?
Ohhh Skipper is hot!!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_9.gif

Debbolas
02-15-2005, 02:16 PM
We will have to drive out THAT morning as Scream has a Friday engagement he can't get out of :crossx:

ITS ALL GOOD
02-15-2005, 02:33 PM
Just made my reservations at the Island Inn $64.00 per night

Kokopelli
02-15-2005, 02:53 PM
Just added our name... we are looking forward to it!
Originally Posted by beer hunter
24ROD
72 Hallet
Baja Mike
Checkr'd past
Chub
Daytona100
Desert Rat...one boy, 13
DryHeatOnly
Dusty Times
Famaffair
GHTRIMÂ…two kids, 5 & 1
Gottajetboat
H2O Advantage
Hallett...one girl, 16
Kachina 26
Kilrtoy
Kokopelli...two boys, 13 and 16
Riverbound 2 boys 1 & 3
RiverKitty
SCUBA's 1 girl 9

SBullet
02-15-2005, 07:07 PM
BH,
Can you count me, the wife & my 10 yr old boy!! :D

beer hunter
02-15-2005, 07:07 PM
You deleted my name
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_6_10.gif
It's back :)
Checkr'd Past One girl,12
24ROD
72 Hallet
Baja Mike
Checkr'd past...one girl, 12
Chub
Daytona100
Desert Rat...one boy, 13
DryHeatOnly
Dusty Times
Famaffair
GHTRIMÂ…two kids, 5 & 1
Gottajetboat
H2O Advantage
Hallett...one girl, 16
Kachina 26
Kilrtoy
Riverbound 2 boys 1 & 3
RiverKitty
SBullet + wife...one boy, 10
SCUBA's 1 girl 9

SBullet
02-15-2005, 07:24 PM
It's back :)
Thank you Sir!!! :rollside:

WYRD
02-15-2005, 07:25 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_30_114.gif

checkr'd past
02-15-2005, 09:24 PM
Checkr'd Past One girl,12

Sane Asylum
02-16-2005, 06:06 AM
Just added our name... we are looking forward to it!
Originally Posted by beer hunter
24ROD
72 Hallet
Baja Mike
Checkr'd past
Chub
Daytona100
Desert Rat...one boy, 13
DryHeatOnly
Dusty Times
Famaffair
GHTRIMÂ…two kids, 5 & 1
Gottajetboat
H2O Advantage
Hallett...one girl, 16
Kachina 26
Kilrtoy
Riverbound 2 boys 1 & 3
RiverKitty
SCUBA's 1 girl 9
Sane Asylum + wife and tater tots...boys 4 & 6
BH.......this is a great idea.......PM me if you need a hand planning......My wife's a 10 year first grade teacher and has more crazy ideas on how to entertain kids than anyone I've ever seen.
Thanks for making this happen.... :D ;)

vegasriverjunkie
02-16-2005, 10:00 AM
This would be my first event w/ everyone and I definately like to go. Could you please add me + 1 boy -12 and 1 girl -10. No wife or girlfrnd but if any hot chicks want to go, I'm available. ;) Thanks

Mrs. Revndave
02-16-2005, 10:44 AM
Your little ones are never to young. I will be out there with a 5 week old. Now that's young. :rollside:

Mrs. Revndave
02-16-2005, 10:48 AM
Can i bring Skipper?
Hey would that be Jessy or purple?? haha!!

Mrs. Revndave
02-16-2005, 10:50 AM
Do we have a set place and date on this? Can someone also add my hubby to the list? Mr. Revndave.
Thanks

WYRD
02-16-2005, 11:45 AM
This would be my first event w/ everyone and I definately like to go. Could you please add me + 1 boy -12 and 1 girl -10. No wife or girlfrnd but if any hot chicks want to go, I'm available. ;) Thanks
You gonna have the boat done by then????

barbigrl
02-16-2005, 12:00 PM
I am available........ :hammerhea :)

barbigrl
02-16-2005, 12:01 PM
You gonna have the boat done by then????
Wait...he does not have a boat?? Forget it!! hahahaa j/k

vegasriverjunkie
02-16-2005, 12:09 PM
Its in the mold right now, they said i should have it at by 1st week of April. They called me on certain colors so they could order the parts. :rollside:
Barbi the invite is there.....

barbigrl
02-16-2005, 12:13 PM
Its in the mold right now, they said i should have it at by 1st week of April. They called me on certain colors so they could order the parts. :rollside:
Barbi the invite is there.....
:rollside: Ohhh so you will have a boat!! Does it have racing stripes?? What do you tow it with?? I am kidding.... But I am always down for a river trip!! :rollside: :p

WYRD
02-16-2005, 12:20 PM
Does it have racing stripes? What do you tow with?
When we picked up barbi and her friend at the lower sandbar in parker those were the first things out of their mouths when we asked if they wanted to go for a boat ride.....good little boathoes

barbigrl
02-16-2005, 12:21 PM
Does it have racing stripes? What do you tow with?
When we picked up barbi and her friend at the lower sandbar in parker those were the first things out of their mouths when we asked if they wanted to go for a boat ride.....good little boathoes

vegasriverjunkie
02-16-2005, 12:34 PM
HaHa good one...........I'm in my office on a new lappy, all the pics @ home, if you want to know
I have choices to pull
1- 74' Custom Blazer 2wd lowered <----can pull but not logical
2- 94' GMC Yukon 4x4<-------use for work
3- 02' Tahoe<-------everyday car
4- 04' Chev Crew Cab 2500HD<-----Bought purposely for towing new boat
As for the boat its drk burg fad to red w/drk gery fade to plat type tribal w/wolverine spike graphs around the boat, grey interior also

barbigrl
02-16-2005, 12:38 PM
HaHa good one...........I'm in my office on a new lappy, all the pics @ home, if you want to know
I have choices to pull
1- 74' Custom Blazer 2wd lowered <----can pull but not logical
2- 94' GMC Yukon 4x4<-------use for work
3- 02' Tahoe<-------everyday car
4- 04' Chev Crew Cab 2500HD<-----Bought purposely for towing new boat
As for the boat its drk burg fad to red w/drk gery fade to plat type tribal w/wolverine spike graphs around the boat, grey interior also
I think I am in love!!!

Mahaskier
02-16-2005, 12:53 PM
And I thought you like my Hallett :confused:

barbigrl
02-16-2005, 12:55 PM
And I thought you like my Hallett :confused:
Oh I still like your Hallet too!!! :rollside: :D

Mahaskier
02-16-2005, 12:56 PM
Is that get together this weekend?

barbigrl
02-16-2005, 12:57 PM
Is that get together this weekend?
It is next Thursday night...the 24th. once again Barbi(the thread jacker)grl

Mahaskier
02-16-2005, 01:00 PM
Thank you,
Hey Barbi, are fickle, I'm going to have to keep an eye on you...LOL :D

WYRD
02-16-2005, 01:02 PM
24ROD
72 Hallet
Baja Mike
Chub
Daytona100
Desert Rat...one boy, 13
DryHeatOnly
Dusty Times
Famaffair
GHTRIMÂ…two kids, 5 & 1
Gottajetboat
H2O Advantage
Hallett...one girl, 16
Kachina 26
Kilrtoy
Riverbound 2 boys 1 & 3
RiverKitty
SCUBA's 1 girl 9

barbigrl
02-16-2005, 01:05 PM
Thank you,
Hey Barbi, are fickle, I'm going to have to keep an eye on you...LOL :D
Us Crown Town people have to stick together!!! :wink:

Mahaskier
02-16-2005, 01:07 PM
I agree!

WYRD
02-16-2005, 01:15 PM
Hey Barbie I must of struck that spunky nerve of yours!! You gonna be fiesty all weekend??
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_114.gif http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_126.gif

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
02-16-2005, 01:26 PM
Hey Barbie I must of struck that spunky nerve of yours!! You gonna be fiesty all weekend??
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_114.gif http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_126.gif
SHEESH.................. Do you follow her every where :rolleyes: ????

barbigrl
02-16-2005, 01:32 PM
I have a fan club!! :) WYRD luvs me!!! :p

WYRD
02-16-2005, 01:50 PM
Well Mr. Hootersled said I can't Stock you so Barbie and Topless are all I have and I have to find a Mrs. River Daddy to be in the 2006 RK calendar so I am running out of time and sooooooo stressed about it!!!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_21.gif

barbigrl
02-16-2005, 01:54 PM
Well Mr. Hootersled said I can't Stock you so Barbie and Topless are all I have and I have to find a Mrs. River Daddy to be in the 2006 RK calendar so I am running out of time and sooooooo stressed about it!!!
You may continue to stalk me and Topless however I already have a man....need I remind you who he is!! I'll give you a hint....you said he looked GAY!!!

Mahaskier
02-16-2005, 03:53 PM
I just checked the dates. It looks good to me. Count me in and my 14 year old son. I just need to make reservations now.
Anyone going this weekend. I'm thinking of going to check out another boat, plus there is a ski race.

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
02-16-2005, 06:48 PM
You may continue to stalk me and Topless however I already have a man....need I remind you who he is!! I'll give you a hint....you said he looked GAY!!!
Oh yes, and we've all seen your man bending you over your pink porche and taking you from behind!!!! :jawdrop: Or have you not seen this pic that popped up the other night???? From a stalker who's name I won't mention!! :D LOL

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
02-16-2005, 06:49 PM
SSHHHHH, Just keep it on the down low :)

barbigrl
02-16-2005, 07:23 PM
Oh yes, and we've all seen your man bending you over your pink porche and taking you from behind!!!! :jawdrop: Or have you not seen this pic that popped up the other night???? From a stalker who's name I won't mention!! :D LOL
Yeah I have no idea how those pics got out!! :confused: I found who the picure taker culprit was....I paid him off not to publish the pics....but apparently not enough!! :notam:

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
02-16-2005, 07:31 PM
Girl, you better be more careful next time where you go to hit it!!!! LOL

Clown Midgets
02-16-2005, 07:48 PM
Yo River I havent been on the boards long, but evry forum I go in your getting smacked around :eek: First in Bench racers about you hiding behind some guys before some soccer dad beat your ass, and now here as a stocker :eek: Your post are always crude, and inapropriate :hammerhea
you need to come back east to learn some southern hospitality :wink: I hope you treat your wife better than you treat the women here :eek:
If we had women as beatiful as barbie, and Mrs Hooter Sled back here they would be treated as Queens like they should be :)

vegasriverjunkie
02-16-2005, 09:35 PM
24ROD
72 Hallet
Baja Mike
Chub
Daytona100
Desert Rat...one boy, 13
DryHeatOnly
Dusty Times
Famaffair
GHTRIMÂ…two kids, 5 & 1
Gottajetboat
H2O Advantage
Hallett...one girl, 16
Kachina 26
Kilrtoy
Riverbound 2 boys 1 & 3
RiverKitty
SCUBA's 1 girl 9
Vegasriverjunkie.....one boy 12, one girl 10
Added myself to the list, looking forward to seeing you all........ ;)

WYRD
02-16-2005, 11:17 PM
Yo River I havent been on the boards long, but evry forum I go in your getting smacked around :eek: First in Bench racers about you hiding behind some guys before some soccer dad beat your ass, and now here as a stocker :eek: Your post are always crude, and inapropriate :hammerhea
you need to come back east to learn some southern hospitality :wink: I hope you treat your wife better than you treat the women here :eek:
If we had women as beatiful as barbie, and Mrs Hooter Sled back here they would be treated as Queens like they should be :)
Hey, ya know what I have been an insensitive prick! I am soooo sorry to offend you. Let me tell you something else You don't make friends by making assumptions that you know nothing about! Is acting like a gentleman consist of describing Mrs. Hootersleds breasts as being soooo big they should need their own page?? (refering to your previous post) Maybe she is sensitive about her breast size. Is that how you talk about every mans wife? Perhaps you should lurk just a little longer and realize that these people that I speak so baddly about are my friends and they all know that everthing is said with a light heart and in good fun!! Don't think for a minute that if I ever truly offended any of the good people here on HB that I would not step back and appoligize. As for you welcome to the boards.

beer hunter
02-17-2005, 04:17 AM
You guys please don't fock up this thread with a bunch of arguing :)

mtndewdrops
02-17-2005, 06:44 AM
I am interested, Is the Date Still May 14th?
My wife and I have 3 girls 9,12,14

WYRD
02-17-2005, 08:21 AM
You guys please don't fock up this thread with a bunch of arguing :)
Sorry Mike just fellt the need to respond! Some people just speak without thinking :D

BarryMac
02-17-2005, 08:25 AM
24ROD
72 Hallet
Baja Mike
Chub
Daytona100
Desert Rat...one boy, 13
DryHeatOnly
Dusty Times
Famaffair
GHTRIMÂ…two kids, 5 & 1
Gottajetboat... wifey, possible two daughters 17 and 12
H2O Advantage
Hallett...one girl, 16
Kachina 26
Kilrtoy
Riverbound 2 boys 1 & 3
RiverKitty
SCUBA's 1 girl 9
Updated my totals, see ya all there...gjb

WYRD
02-17-2005, 09:05 AM
Looks like a big list we got going. Any plans for games for the Kiddies? Just let me know if there is anything that I can do to help! :cool: :cool:

JackieV
02-20-2005, 09:48 AM
I'm glad Art signed us up! This is a really great idea! Can't wait to see all my ***boat Mama's aka ***boat Hoochies!!! Woooo-whooo! But we won't tell the children that! :D

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
02-23-2005, 11:54 AM
count me in, I never miss a get together :wink:

Kilrtoy
02-23-2005, 12:42 PM
I'm glad Art signed us up! This is a really great idea! Can't wait to see all my ***boat Mama's aka ***boat Hoochies!!! Woooo-whooo! But we won't tell the children that! :D
Are we gonna see you in a thong and pasties.....

Seriously?
02-23-2005, 01:16 PM
24ROD
72 Hallet
Baja Mike
Chub
Daytona100
Desert Rat...one boy, 13
DryHeatOnly
Dusty Times
Famaffair
FLOJO… one boy, 5 one girl, 3
GHTRIM…two kids, 5 & 1
H2O Advantage
Hallett...one girl, 16
Kachina 26
Kilrtoy
Riverbound 2 boys 1 & 3
RiverKitty
SCUBA's 1 girl 9
Seriously? + hubby...two boys (7 & 4)
VEGASBABY + wife …one boy, 13 one girl, 15
Wally Gator …three boys, 8, 9 & 36? one girl,2
WHIPPED502 + wife…one boy,10 one girl, 4
WhosYoRiverDaddy…one boy, 11 one girl, 6
I hope nobody minds...I added our crew to the list. :)

BADAXE
02-23-2005, 10:42 PM
You can count me and Mrs Badaxe in with our 15 year old boy and 8 Year old girl.
We'll probably trailer down from Boulder City that morning and launch in Needles. Anyone from the Vegas area that wants to caravan let me know.

Flying Tiger
02-28-2005, 07:18 PM
Be there with my kids
http://www.dumontsanddunes.com/modules/xoopsgallery/cache/albums/TPC/Pix_of_Ross_038.thumb.jpg
[IMG]http://www.dumontsanddunes.com/modules/xoopsgallery/cache/albums/TPC/04_016.thumb.jpg
http://www.dumontsanddunes.com/modules/xoopsgallery/cache/albums/TPC/04_030.thumb.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3812Parker_June_04_032-med.jpg

waterwitch
03-01-2005, 07:35 AM
Hi there... Can you please add us to
the list. We have boy9/girl8 with us.
Can you please post the dates and
location again so I don't have to reread
all 8 pages of this? Thank you very much!!

beer hunter
03-02-2005, 12:56 PM
OK, here's an updated list. Sorry I haven't been around much lately but over the last few weeks I've been putting in between eighty and one hundred hours per week at work.
Again, this shindig is set for May 14th at 11:00am in Rotary Community Park to the right of the buoyed swim area at the south end of the channel.
*Note, park rules prohibit any alcoholic beverages in the park/beach.
Here's some of the things I've picked up so far...
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2249BFFD_004.jpg
24ROD
72 Hallet
Baja Mike
Chub
Daytona100
Desert Rat...one boy, 13
DryHeatOnly
Dusty Times
Famaffair
Flying Tiger +?
GHTRIMÂ…two kids, 5 & 1
H2O Advantage
Hallett...one girl, 16
JackieV +?
Kachina 26
Kilrtoy
Mahaskier... one boy 14
Mtndewdrops...+ wife three girls 9, 12, 14
Riverbound 2 boys 1 & 3
RiverKitty
SCUBA's 1 girl 9
Seriously? + hubby...two boys (7 & 4)
Waterwitch + one boy 9 and one girl 8

beer hunter
03-05-2005, 10:05 AM
Bump :coffeycup

a catered life
03-05-2005, 10:33 AM
yo beer whats the plan? do you need us to do anything? bring anything? are you planning a family style dinner or is it byof. i just thought it would be cool to have a group eat around. :p event is really starting to look good it you need any assistance let me know

Buster
03-05-2005, 06:35 PM
This sounds like a great time. Count us in..
24ROD
72 Hallet
Baja Mike
Buster and Mrs..... girl 12
Chub
Daytona100
Desert Rat...one boy, 13
DryHeatOnly
Dusty Times
Famaffair
GHTRIMÂ…two kids, 5 & 1
Gottajetboat
H2O Advantage
Hallett...one girl, 16
Kachina 26
Kilrtoy
Riverbound 2 boys 1 & 3
RiverKitty
SCUBA's 1 girl 9

beer hunter
03-05-2005, 08:21 PM
yo beer whats the plan? do you need us to do anything? bring anything? are you planning a family style dinner or is it byof. i just thought it would be cool to have a group eat around. :p event is really starting to look good if you need any assistance let me know
You may regret the offer ;) I'm doing fine right now but will certainly need some help on the day of this shindig. I'll PM you at the beginning of May as I'm finalizing everything. My biggest issue will probably be getting everything to the beach, but some help with running a game or two would also be appreciated :D

a catered life
03-07-2005, 07:41 AM
You may regret the offer ;) I'm doing fine right now but will certainly need some help on the day of this shindig. I'll PM you at the beginning of May as I'm finalizing everything. My biggest issue will probably be getting everything to the beach, but some help with running a game or two would also be appreciated :D
heck no i wont regret it i think :confused: :smile: you are doing a great thing and i want to support you in any way i can :smile: just let me know and i will do my best to help besides it looks like i will be bringing the most kids anyway:confused: lol

beer hunter
03-07-2005, 12:33 PM
This sounds like a great time. Count us in..
Cool, I'm glad you can make it! :cool:
Updated list:
24ROD
72 Hallet
Baja Mike
Chub
Daytona100
Desert Rat...one boy, 13
DryHeatOnly
Dusty Times
Famaffair
GHTRIMÂ…two kids, 5 & 1
Gottajetboat
H2O Advantage
Hallett...one girl, 16
Just another payment + wife & 2 kids
Kachina 26
Kilrtoy
Riverbound 2 boys 1 & 3
RiverKitty
SCUBA's 1 girl 9
Titties & Beer + wife? & great great grand kids ;) :D j/k Mark :D

beer hunter
03-07-2005, 12:40 PM
heck no i wont regret it i think :confused: :smile: you are doing a great thing and i want to support you in any way i can :smile: just let me know and i will do my best to help besides it looks like i will be bringing the most kids anyway:confused: lol
Thanks ACL, I'm just big kid trying to organize some fun for mine and others. :D

BADAXE
03-11-2005, 10:24 AM
You can count me and Mrs Badaxe in with our 15 year old boy and 8 Year old girl.
We'll probably trailer down from Boulder City that morning and launch in Needles. Anyone from the Vegas area that wants to caravan let me know.
Please add me to the list. Looking forward to it. :D

Daytona100
03-13-2005, 10:17 PM
Looking forward to meeting everybody. Should be myself Mike the wife Janey and my daughter Kelli 14 sounds like a great time. :cool: :cool:

tamalewagon
03-15-2005, 12:12 PM
bump.

Roxysnow
03-15-2005, 01:57 PM
So far so good for htat weekend!
Updated list:
24ROD
72 Hallet
Baja Mike
Chub
Daytona100
Desert Rat...one boy, 13
DryHeatOnly
Dusty Times
Famaffair
GHTRIMÂ…two kids, 5 & 1
Gottajetboat
H2O Advantage
Hallett...one girl, 16
Kachina 26
Kilrtoy
Riverbound 2 boys 1 & 3
RiverKitty
Roxysnow's boy 12 and girl 9
SCUBA's 1 girl 9
Titties & Beer + wife? & great great grand kids j/k Mark

beer hunter
03-25-2005, 09:38 PM
Bump :)

DryHeatOnly
03-25-2005, 10:33 PM
Updated list:
24ROD
72 Hallet
Baja Mike
Chub
Daytona100
Desert Rat...one boy, 13
DryHeatOnly...wifey, son-14, and daughters 11&13 (plus a coupla beagles)
Dusty Times
Famaffair
GHTRIMÂ…two kids, 5 & 1
Gottajetboat
H2O Advantage
Hallett...one girl, 16
Kachina 26
Kilrtoy
Riverbound 2 boys 1 & 3
RiverKitty
SCUBA's 1 girl 9
Lookin' good Mike! :cool:

Kilrtoy
03-25-2005, 10:41 PM
What the hell is the date again

bunny 166
03-25-2005, 10:44 PM
What the hell is the date again
May 14 :D

Kilrtoy
03-25-2005, 10:47 PM
Thanks, so are we on for next weekend... :p :p :p :p :p

Sane Asylum
03-26-2005, 05:31 AM
Updated list:
24ROD
72 Hallet
Baja Mike
Chub
Daytona100
Desert Rat...one boy, 13
Dusty Times
Famaffair
GHTRIMÂ…two kids, 5 & 1
Gottajetboat
H2O Advantage
Hallett...one girl, 16
Kachina 26
Kilrtoy
Riverbound 2 boys 1 & 3
RiverKitty
SCUBA's 1 girl 9
Sane Asylums.....Two boys 4 & 6
Lookin' good Mike! :cool:
We're in....!!!

beer hunter
03-26-2005, 07:35 AM
Updated list:
24ROD
72 Hallet
BADAXE one boy 15, one girl 8
Baja Mike
Chub
Daytona100
Desert Rat...one boy, 13
Dusty Times
Famaffair
GHTRIMÂ…two kids, 5 & 1
Gottajetboat
H2O Advantage
Hallett...one girl, 16
Kachina 26
Kilrtoy
Riverbound 2 boys 1 & 3
RiverKitty
SaneAsylum +?
SCUBA's 1 girl 9

Havasu Hangin'
03-26-2005, 07:40 AM
24ROD
72 Hallet
Baja Mike
Chub
Daytona100
Desert Rat...one boy, 13
Dusty Times
Famaffair
GHTRIMÂ…two kids, 5 & 1
Gottajetboat
H2O Advantage
Hallett...one girl, 16
Kachina 26
Kilrtoy
Riverbound 2 boys 1 & 3
RiverKitty
SaneAsylum +?
SCUBA's 1 girl 9
Havasu Hangin'- two boys, 3 and 4

ULTRA28
03-26-2005, 08:19 AM
We're in. I will have my wife and two boys 6 and 9 with me.

beer hunter
03-26-2005, 09:48 AM
We're in. I will have my wife and two boys 6 and 9 with me.
I'm glad to see you can make it John :cool:
Updated list:
24ROD
72 Hallet
Baja Mike
Chub
Daytona100
Desert Rat...one boy, 13
Dusty Times
Famaffair
GHTRIMÂ…two kids, 5 & 1
Gottajetboat
H2O Advantage
Hallett...one girl, 16
Kachina 26
Kilrtoy
Riverbound 2 boys 1 & 3
RiverKitty
SaneAsylum +?
SCUBA's 1 girl 9
ULTRA28 + wife and two boys 6 & 9

Lightning
03-26-2005, 10:24 AM
So when and where is this thing going to be?

beer hunter
03-26-2005, 02:20 PM
So when and where is this thing going to be?
Rotary Beach in Havasu on May 14th at noon. We should be between the swim area and the wash. :D

a catered life
03-27-2005, 07:05 PM
well i got my room best western inn lake place inn near the bridge hope thats close to the party :confused:

Rexone
03-27-2005, 08:06 PM
Boating Forum Family Day
I know this idea has been kicked around before, (I believe Mandelon had suggested something similar in a thread on RRL last April) but it just seems that we donÂ’t have a gathering at the lake for boating families, a gathering that is absent the pole dancing, shockers, heavy drinking, pasties and sexual antics that arenÂ’t appropriate for many families with younger children IMHO. WeÂ’ve got OP6C and other events but nothing to my knowledge thatÂ’s geared towards the kids.
My thought is to put together an event for kids and parents which includes some games such as a water balloon toss, Hoola Hoop contest, (might be good for a few laughs if the moms and dads gave it a try) and other games of that nature. We could also give out little prizes like squirt guns, friendship bracelets and the like to every kid who participates.
IÂ’m thinking the Mini Sandbar would be a good location for this because itÂ’s shallow enough for the little kids to run around on and is big enough to hold a hundred boats or more. Also, on most weekends there arenÂ’t any boats there and itÂ’s accessible from Havasu and the Topoc/Needles areas. Another possible location might be in the channel at Park Moabi because of its nice beach but that area fills up early in the day and it might be tough to keep everyone together.
IÂ’ll kick down a hundred bucks for prizes and games to get this thing rolling but may need some help with setting things up and possibly transporting some games to the location etc. At this time IÂ’m setting the preliminary date on Saturday, May 14th at around noon but I canÂ’t ink this date for a couple more weeks.
Maybe Mr. Spaise or one of the other editors can even donate a little ink and a page or two in Hot Boat Magazine as this kind of event would show some of the more positive aspects of our sport.
Your thoughtsÂ…? :)
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2249BFFD_004.jpg
Michael, Rex Marine will throw down a hundie for you on this deal to help buy whatever you need for the kids... Also have a big box of balloons here (prolly 2-300) that are yours if you want em. and will kick in some stickers for the kids (you know how kids love stickers)... Just let me know where to send. :smile:

OutCole'd
03-27-2005, 08:31 PM
Can you drive to this area via car? I wonder if that may be easier due to not much beach parking for all the boats.

phebus
03-27-2005, 11:16 PM
Can you drive to this area via car? I wonder if that may be easier due to not much beach parking for all the boats.
Yes. Go into Rotary Park, which is on the mainland at the end of Smoketree (I'm going off memory, think that is the street), which is south of the London Bridge off Hwy 95. Lots of parking, bathroom facilities, childrens play area, etc. Easy access.

Seriously?
03-28-2005, 11:35 AM
Updated list:
24ROD
72 Hallet
Baja Mike
Chub
Daytona100
Desert Rat...one boy, 13
Dusty Times
Famaffair
GHTRIMÂ…two kids, 5 & 1
Gottajetboat
H2O Advantage
Hallett...one girl, 16
Kachina 26
Kilrtoy
Riverbound 2 boys 1 & 3
RiverKitty
SaneAsylum +?
SCUBA's 1 girl 9
Seriously? + hubby...2 boys (7 & 4)
Added my name back on the list.

a catered life
03-28-2005, 01:36 PM
so for all of us "never been to havasu people" :eek: is this event near the bridge? cause i book a room near there

Havasu Hangin'
03-28-2005, 01:45 PM
so for all of us "never been to havasu people" :eek: is this event near the bridge? cause i book a room near there
Yes...it's walking distance to the bridge.

a catered life
03-28-2005, 07:16 PM
thanks hh

Mandelon
03-28-2005, 07:44 PM
Updated list:
24ROD
72 Hallet
Baja Mike
Chub
Daytona100
Desert Rat...one boy, 13
Dusty Times
Famaffair
GHTRIMÂ…two kids, 5 & 1
Gottajetboat
H2O Advantage
Hallett...one girl, 16
Kachina 26
Kilrtoy
Mandelons with two kids, 10, 11
Riverbound 2 boys 1 & 3
RiverKitty- looking for big boys
SaneAsylum +?
SCUBA's 1 girl 9
Seriously + Hubby & two boys, 7, 4

Desert Rat
03-28-2005, 08:46 PM
I have to back off to an offical maybe.. Just got the chance to go (All expense paid) to the Cape and watch the Space Shuttle launch from the VIP section which is the closest you can get to the launch pad. prelim on the launch is ... you guessed it May 14. Hope it shifts a weekend or two but it is something that I do not want to miss..... :cool:

a catered life
03-29-2005, 06:57 AM
i dont blame you.... do you need any security to tag along......... might i suggest a 6'2" brother with a license to kick some as# :skull:

Relaxalot
03-29-2005, 06:20 PM
Mandelon
Cunning Linguist
24ROD
72 Hallet
Baja Mike
Chub
Daytona100
Desert Rat...one boy, 13
Dusty Times
Famaffair
GHTRIMÂ…two kids, 5 & 1
Gottajetboat
H2O Advantage
Hallett...one girl, 16
Kachina 26
Kilrtoy
Relaxalot & Relaxalittle + one boy 11, friends Lisa and Jeff +boy,11 and girl,9
Riverbound 2 boys 1 & 3
SaneAsylum +?
SCUBA's 1 girl 9

Sane Asylum
03-29-2005, 07:04 PM
Mandelon
Cunning Linguist
24ROD
72 Hallet
Baja Mike
Chub
Daytona100
Desert Rat...one boy, 13
Dusty Times
Famaffair
GHTRIMÂ…two kids, 5 & 1
Gottajetboat
H2O Advantage
Hallett...one girl, 16
Kachina 26
Kilrtoy
Riverbound 2 boys 1 & 3
SaneAsylum + 2 boys 4 and 6
SCUBA's 1 girl 9
Updated........Bump

beer hunter
04-04-2005, 01:04 PM
Boating Forum Family Day
I have deleted my original text/post (in the first post) as I feel this may cause some confusion because of the developing nature of this event Â…IÂ’m sure it has been quoted in this thread if you wish to view it.
Boating Forum Family Day will be held on Saturday May 14th at Rotary Community Park/beach in Lake Havasu at 11:00 am. BFFD will be held between the buoyed swim area and the wash to the south of it. The games will begin at noon and will last a couple of hours. This beach/park is accessible from both land and water via the south end of the channel and is located on the mainland across from the island. BFFD is a family style picnic with games for the kids and adults and was conceived as a way of bringing boating families from the boards together for a fun day at the lake. :D
I will post some pictures of the beach and our location on or about the third of May to help those that arenÂ’t familiar with Rotary Beach find it from the water. :D
Now for the disclaimer: :D :hammer2:
Disclaimer: Please be advised that this is a "no host" event. Everyone who participates is responsible for their own safety, and the safety all others in their party. No lifeguards, babysitters, or any other form of security will be provided. It is up to all parties to contact the event venue location if you have any questions or safety concerns. No suggestions, "postings," or "chat" is to be interpreted in any way as accepting or representing any responsibility for this event.
* Note* Rotary Community Park has a “No Alcohol Policy” and drinking of alcoholic beverages is prohibited in the park and on the beach.

a catered life
04-04-2005, 05:08 PM
screw the wait BH. i'm on my way over to crack open some of those guns now :D

TheLurker
04-05-2005, 06:53 PM
BH,
I'll be heading out Friday afternoon/night the 13’Th. Let me know if you need anything hauled out there and then over to Rotary Park Saturday morning. I should have lots of extra room in the Excursion.

beer hunter
04-06-2005, 07:53 AM
BH,
I'll be heading out Friday afternoon/night the 13Â’Th. Let me know if you need anything hauled out there and then over to Rotary Park Saturday morning. I should have lots of extra room in the Excursion.
Mike, I may just take you up on that. I could also use some help getting things setup on Saturday morning if you're interested. I'll probably be launching about 9:00am that morning. :)

beer hunter
04-06-2005, 08:02 AM
Michael, Rex Marine will throw down a hundie for you on this deal to help buy whatever you need for the kids... Also have a big box of balloons here (prolly 2-300) that are yours if you want em. and will kick in some stickers for the kids (you know how kids love stickers)... Just let me know where to send. :smile:
Rex, I got your care package yesterday...Thank you! :D
Some more of the games and prizes :)
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2249Copy_of_BFFD_Prizes_2_002.jpg

TheLurker
04-06-2005, 11:28 AM
Mike, I may just take you up on that. I could also use some help getting things setup on Saturday morning if you're interested. I'll probably be launching about 9:00am that morning. :)
You want to meet at Rotary Park about 09:30 then to set up?

beer hunter
04-06-2005, 12:39 PM
You want to meet at Rotary Park about 09:30 then to set up?
Yes, It's a date...well, you know what I mean :D :hammerhea

Bad Puddy Tat
04-07-2005, 07:12 PM
24ROD
72 Hallet
Bad Puddy Tat 1 boy-13 1girl 11 + wifey
Baja Mike
Chub
Daytona100
Desert Rat...one boy, 13
Dusty Times
Famaffair
GHTRIMÂ…two kids, 5 & 1
Gottajetboat
H2O Advantage
Hallett...one girl, 16
Kachina 26
Kilrtoy
Riverbound 2 boys 1 & 3
SaneAsylum + 2 boys 4 and 6
SCUBA's 1 girl 9
Updated the list with our crew. Beer Hunter let me know if there is anything I can do to help. We live here in Havazoo.
Bob

beer hunter
04-08-2005, 04:16 PM
OK, I've come up with a format for the games and prizes. This may be tweaked a little but it's close :)
Boating Forum Family Day Games & Prizes
• Shoe Toss… Age groups are 1 to 5 years old, 6 to 10 years old and 11 to 17 years old. Align kids in one long row and have them flick their shoe/sandal off their foot as far as they can. The child with the longest toss wins.
• Water Balloon Toss…This game is open to everyone. Two person teams will toss the water balloon to each other while getting further and further apart with each successive toss. The last team with an unbroken balloon wins.
• Numbers Game… Age groups are 1 to 5 years old, 6 to 10 years old, 11 to 17 years old and adults. Five teams with numbered sheets of colored paper will attempt to align themselves in the correct order as the numbers are called out. If a team messes up they will be eliminated and the remaining teams will compete against each other. The last remaining team wins.
• SpongeBob SquarePants Bucket Brigade… Age groups are 1 to 5 years old, 6 to 10 years old, 11 to 17 years old and adults. The object of this game is for your team to fill the bucket first. With teams of five, dip the sponge into the lake then pass it to the person behind you. The last person wrings the sponge out into the bucket then runs to the front of the line. He/she then dips the sponge into the lake then passes it to the person behind them. The process repeats itself until the bucket is full. The first team to fill the bucket wins.
• Hula-Hoop Contest… Age groups are 1 to 5 years old, 6 to 10 years old, 11 to 17 years old and adults. Maybe boys against girls. The last person to let it drop wins.
Raffle Tickets and Prizes
Each child that attends BFFD will receive a raffle ticket, a squirt gun, ring pop and a bottle of bubbles at the beginning of the event. Each child on a winning team or each child who wins a game will receive an additional raffle ticket thereby increasing their chances at winning a prize or multiple prizes in the raffle. After all the games have been played, the prizes, including the hula-hoops and SpongeBob Buckets will be raffled off. The holders of the winning raffle tickets will have their choice of any of the prizes. This will continue until all the prizes are claimed. Any toys that aren’t claimed will be sent to “The Land of Misfit Toys” where they will remain until Santa rescues them. The raffle tickets are only for the kids. :D

beer hunter
04-08-2005, 04:26 PM
Updated the list with our crew. Beer Hunter let me know if there is anything I can do to help. We live here in Havazoo.
Bob
Would you be interested in bringing about 100 water balloons to the park by about 10:00am that morning? :D I could mail them to you or reimburse you for the cost of the balloons at the event :cool:

Mrs_Wally_Gator
04-12-2005, 09:12 AM
Each child that attends BFFD will receive a raffle ticket, a squirt gun, ring pop and a bottle of bubbles at the beginning of the event. Each child on a winning team or each child who wins a game will receive an additional raffle ticket thereby increasing their chances at winning a prize or multiple prizes in the raffle. After all the games have been played, the prizes, including the hula-hoops and SpongeBob Buckets will be raffled off. The holders of the winning raffle tickets will have their choice of any of the prizes. This will continue until all the prizes are claimed. Any toys that aren’t claimed will be sent to “The Land of Misfit Toys” where they will remain until Santa rescues them. The raffle tickets are only for the kids. :D[/QUOTE]
Just one quick question? Are you going to have stuff for kids under 3? Our Daughter will be 2 in June and looking at some of the toys, I worry about small parts.

beer hunter
04-12-2005, 01:42 PM
Just one quick question? Are you going to have stuff for kids under 3? Our Daughter will be 2 in June and looking at some of the toys, I worry about small parts.
Good point, I hadn't given it much thought until now. I'll make sure I have some bags made up for the "under three" kids. :hammer2: :D

SCUBA STEVE
04-13-2005, 06:54 AM
We have been busy with some other stuff, but glad to see how this has progressed. :cool:
I havent read through all the thread, but if some this required or needed from us, please let us now :cool:
Beer Hunter & everyone else, thanks for putting this together. :cool:

Mrs_Wally_Gator
04-13-2005, 01:41 PM
Good point, I hadn't given it much thought until now. I'll make sure I have some bags made up for the "under three" kids. :hammer2: :D
Thank you. And if you need any ideas let me know. you can PM me or my Hubby. his name is Wally_Gator

Mandelon
04-14-2005, 06:37 PM
We have been busy with some other stuff, but glad to see how this has progressed. :cool:
I havent read through all the thread, but if some this required or needed from us, please let us now :cool:
Steve you will be in charge of providing Ice Cream for all guests. :cool:

beer hunter
04-15-2005, 03:15 AM
I havent read through all the thread, but if something is required or needed from us, please let us know :cool:
Steve you will be in charge of providing Ice Cream for all guests. :cool:
700 of them :D
Steve, I'm looking for a high roller like you that can donate tons of cash and time ;) :D j/k
I do need some volunteers that can bring water balloons to this shindig. I'll need about 300 in all. :cool: