PDA

View Full Version : Please help I.D. this boat.

JBUSAF
01-23-2005, 05:05 PM
Bought this primarily for the hardware but don't want to take it apart if it worth anything. Man I bought it from thought it was an "EKW"??? Cannot find any identifing numbers, it is 17'.5" no imcluding the plate. Has a "Menkens V-drive with a smooth, polished casing, some of the hardware is nice but the boat is really rough.
Thanks
JBUSAF
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2277Plate.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2277rear.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2277driver.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2277front.JPG :confused:

T-Bag
01-23-2005, 05:13 PM
Looks like an old circle boat theres alot of circle guys in the forums they should speak up!!!!

Hud
01-23-2005, 09:31 PM
Looks like a FIREBIRD to me C'mon! :D

dmontzsta
01-23-2005, 09:55 PM
Looks like a FIREBIRD to me C'mon! :D
Thats what I am talking about.
:supp:

JBUSAF
01-23-2005, 10:28 PM
Is it a keepeer or should I part it out?
Thanks
JB

LakesOnly
01-23-2005, 10:30 PM
That there is an "H20 Trans-Am" if I ever saw one. Just put a 6.6 Litre Pontiac in it and be done with it... :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2277front.JPG
LO

BILLY.B
01-24-2005, 06:43 AM
Is it a keepeer or should I part it out?
Thanks
JBGod that looks like a TON OF WORK. I always think that any boat can be saved but if I were you i'd part it out. If done right you could probably buy a house in WARM So Cal for the price of restoring that deal. Just my .02

JBUSAF
01-24-2005, 07:59 PM
Sounds like I will start taking it apart, who needs a "Menkens" V-Drive with the in/out unit on the output shaft? The Rayson Craft has a nice Casale in it already.
Thanks, and have a great day, Hey Billy B., the Air Force moved me to Montana, I really don't think I could ever afford to buy a place in So-Cal, but it is nice to dream!
JB
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2277V-drive_2.JPG

Kindsvater Flat
01-24-2005, 08:01 PM
I'll give you $50 for the menkens box.

sixgunsam
01-24-2005, 10:27 PM
how about $52 :idea:

CircleJerk
01-25-2005, 12:09 AM
Well, I dont have a clue. Circle boat?? who out there can confirm this, I cant. I only see a left hand rotating prop and cant tell if its a trailing edge rudder. However that turning fin on the cav plate tells me at least one owner wanted to kick it in the turns! Of course, you dont have to have a circle boat to come nostalgia racing with us in Washington, only a desire to try mashing the gas all the way around the oval course. Are you eastern or western Montana? Those Rayson Crafts work real good in our ski class..... :rollside:

BILLY.B
01-25-2005, 06:59 AM
only a desire to try mashing the gas all the way around the oval course. :rollside: So do you practice what you preach?. :D

CircleJerk
01-25-2005, 10:57 AM
So do you practice what you preach?. :D
AH, only in my dreams!! I'm not very good, as you have been told. AND I have to fix what I break, that makes a huge difference! Now, if someone would loan me a ride,,,,,maybe that could change. :idea: Oh ya I drove HER boat that way a couple times and broke a bunch of stuff! :cry:

mach1alaska
01-25-2005, 11:49 AM
Well, I dont have a clue. Circle boat?? who out there can confirm this, I cant. I only see a left hand rotating prop and cant tell if its a trailing edge rudder. However that turning fin on the cav plate tells me at least one owner wanted to kick it in the turns! Of course, you dont have to have a circle boat to come nostalgia racing with us in Washington, only a desire to try mashing the gas all the way around the oval course. Are you eastern or western Montana? Those Rayson Crafts work real good in our ski class..... :rollside:
I was talking to FlatRat the other day about the nostalgia racing and am interested. I doubt that my 67 hallett has much chance of winning anything but it sounds like fun.Do you have details on the races and requirements??
Kevin N

dmontzsta
01-25-2005, 12:19 PM
If that is a split case I desperately need one to put in my flattie, I am still running with an old top loader.

Kindsvater Flat
01-25-2005, 06:54 PM
If that is a split case I desperately need one to put in my flattie, I am still running with an old top loader.
Get out your checkbook!! :D:D:D

JBUSAF
01-25-2005, 08:33 PM
Hey guys, just had a very disturbing evening, the neighbors Pit Bull and Shepard got my boy's cocker spaniel puppy thru the fence and chewed him up while my wife and kids saw the event, very traumatic for the 4 and 5 year old boys, had to explain heaven etc. for the past few hours. Will try to get the boat apart this w/end and see if I can get some pics of the parts I may not need.
JB

DaveA
01-25-2005, 09:04 PM
OH NO.
That's horrible.
Man, I feel for your kids & wife. I don't even want to imagine that.
Tragic.
DaveA

ColeTR1
01-25-2005, 09:07 PM
The neighbors Pit Bull and Shepard got my boy's cocker spaniel puppy thru the fence and chewed him up while my wife and kids saw the event, very traumatic for the 4 and 5 year old boys
JBUSAF very sorry to hear this! that just sucks! The boat is not going anywhere nor are we take care of the familty.

DaveA
01-25-2005, 09:09 PM
I know this is hijackin' this thread, but I'm so mad I'm shaking.
WHAT IS IT WITH THESE GUYS/GIRLS THAT HAVE TO HAVE SUCH ANIMALS IN A RESIDENTIAL SETTING!!!!
Keep them AWAY from the public/neighbors etc.
JBUSAF, you've got a serious lawsuit situation on your hands. Trauma, pain/suffering etc. Either this 'neighbor' needs to move, or you do.
I'd be screamin' over the fence right now "WHAT IF IT WAS MY KID!!????"
Makes....me....sick!
Rant mode off.
DaveA

victorfb
01-25-2005, 09:39 PM
WHAT IS IT WITH THESE GUYS/GIRLS THAT HAVE TO HAVE SUCH ANIMALS IN A RESIDENTIAL SETTING!!!!
Keep them AWAY from the public/neighbors etc.
JBUSAF, you've got a serious lawsuit situation on your hands. Trauma, pain/suffering etc. Either this 'neighbor' needs to move, or you do.
I'd be screamin' over the fence right now "WHAT IF IT WAS MY KID!!????"
Makes....me....sick!
Rant mode off.
DaveA
my first post here on V-drives, and damn if it doesnt have anything to do with boats, but i second this post.

dmontzsta
01-25-2005, 10:19 PM
Get out your checkbook!! :D:D:D
Checkbook? whats that? This is 2005 its all about paypal and the cards. :D
Very sorry to hear about your dog and I am more sorry that your family witnessed it.

Roman 1
01-25-2005, 11:16 PM
Hey guys, just had a very disturbing evening, the neighbors Pit Bull and Shepard got my boy's cocker spaniel puppy thru the fence and chewed him up while my wife and kids saw the event, very traumatic for the 4 and 5 year old boys, had to explain heaven etc. for the past few hours. Will try to get the boat apart this w/end and see if I can get some pics of the parts I may not need.
JB
If those 2 dogs came through a fence on to my property, I would shoot both of them. :burningm:
R1

BrendellaJet
01-26-2005, 08:39 AM
Such animals? Dont blame the breed, blame the deed you idiot.
If you'd take your eyes off the TV and search for some real information(instead of that crap you call news on channel 4), you'd learn that Pit Bulls are far more tolerant than shepards, labs and poodles. While the breed may have the genetic coding to be agressive, it takes a plethora of abuse to make the dog act that way. They dont learn it on their own, its taught to them.

CircleJerk
01-26-2005, 11:09 AM
I was talking to FlatRat the other day about the nostalgia racing and am interested. I doubt that my 67 hallett has much chance of winning anything but it sounds like fun.Do you have details on the races and requirements??
Kevin N
You are more than welcome....how can I help you? Our first race is in Issaquah Wa. where we run with the Unlimited Lights. We will be getting tow money so if you are ready, we can meet you there! I will Pm you with the required equipment list, and remember, we bracket race so any speed boat works! We prefer old flats and have a special vintage class just for them. jErk

72 Hondo
01-27-2005, 08:40 AM
I dont know who made this boat but, I whould like to know...Because I had that EXACT same bird under 4 layers of cheap paint. The boat was a 16´ flatbottom (outboard) no I.D´s, no plates. Many similarities in the lines of the front of the boat. "The bugging question for 10 years" :confused:

schiada96
01-27-2005, 09:22 AM
Such animals? Dont blame the breed, blame the deed you idiot.
If you'd take your eyes off the TV and search for some real information(instead of that crap you call news on channel 4), you'd learn that Pit Bulls are far more tolerant than shepards, labs and poodles. While the breed may have the genetic coding to be agressive, it takes a plethora of abuse to make the dog act that way. They dont learn it on their own, its taught to them.
Yeah right a pit is way more tollerant than a lab. I had a pitbull once it was the worst piece of crap ever. I put the dog down. I've got a 95 lb lab now that wouldny hurt a fly. I lived in North carolina a few years ago and within a span of 3 months two childern were killed by pitbulls but don't blame the breed right. If I were this guy I'd have the dogs destroyed now.