PDA

View Full Version : NJBA - Local Lake?

Willis
01-23-2005, 07:07 PM
Hello every one,
There has been some talk about from the public for the NJBA to put it on at a local lake, Elsinore.
WhatÂ’s your take on the subject? :boxingguy
:messedup:
If we build it, will you come?
:argue: :argue:
LetÂ’s talk about it!
Willis

steelcomp
01-23-2005, 07:10 PM
Local for who???? That's kind of a relative term, isn't it? :coffeycup

flat broke
01-23-2005, 07:35 PM
That would kick asss!!!!!
With the increase in water level, the channel area where they hold wake boarding stuff could be nice. I didn't go back there today, but I can tell you that having some events there would definitely make it much easier on all the SoCal folks. You'd probably also draw a larger spectator turnout with a little promotion around town.
Chris

flat broke
01-23-2005, 07:37 PM
Just to clarify, I don't think you'd want to move EVERY event down here, but a couple dates would be nice. There are potential scheduling issues with some of the wakeboard events that go on there, but it's probably no more difficult in terms of politics than dealing with the folks at Ming.
Chris

cyclone
01-23-2005, 07:38 PM
Elsinore's speed zone down the middle of the lake would make it pretty hard for spectactors on the shore to see the action. I'd say another,smaller lake would be better. Irvine? Puddingstone?
But Chris has a point about attendance increasing if the events were held somewhere in orange/riverside/la county.

wsuwrhr
01-23-2005, 08:14 PM
Elsinore's speed zone down the middle of the lake would make it pretty hard for spectactors on the shore to see the action. I'd say another,smaller lake would be better. Irvine? Puddingstone?
But Chris has a point about attendance increasing if the events were held somewhere in orange/riverside/la county.
Puddingstone won't happen due to the influx of big dollar homes in the area.
Pomona doesn't happen much anymore because of the same group of people.
Brian

hack job
01-23-2005, 08:49 PM
if you could do it on the west side of the lake it almost always is smooth over there and iam sure that is you were having a njba event that the area would be closed to general traffic. . at any rate any were in the oc, 909,or hell in the la area would be ok i guess. lol iam sure it would draw a larger crowd.;)

78Southwind
01-23-2005, 08:58 PM
Smellsomemore or Puddlestone sounds good to me.

flat broke
01-23-2005, 09:11 PM
There is no way they could hold the race on the main body of the lake. The propensity for rollers and wind is too great. If its going to be at Elsinore, I'd guess it has to be in a sheltered portion of the lake from a safety and consistency standpoint.
Another idea is Irvine lake. It seems like the owner, operator, whoever it is, that puts on the V'drive regatta loves fast boats. The noise shouldn't be a problem there as there arent any homes over looking the lake, and its even more centrally located than Elsinore.
I know they used to hold races at lower Castaic, but they stopped for one reason or another. Rescue issues with depth? Noise? who knows.
I'm all for some dates in SoCal, just need to find a hospitable location.
Chris

helter skelter
01-23-2005, 10:25 PM
Elsinore would be good for both drawing spectators and racers. I know I would race at more than 2 or 3 NJBA events per year if it were held at different locations like it used to be "back in the day".
Kinda off the topic but NJBA related... when and why did NJBA change from launching all the boats in a class in the lagoon and having them drive out to the rope to the way it is now? It seems that would have been a good way to keep the program running smoothly and give the racers to get a little bit of the jitters out... not to mention get a little bit of heat back in the engine after sitting in the staging lanes and in the water for what seems like an eternity. I understand why they don't do the "running start" anymore.
Anyways... Elsinore... anywhere in SoCal, Az, or Southern Nv... would be a nice change of scenery and would certainly draw a larger interest at the least from the spectator side.

TRG
01-23-2005, 10:43 PM
i'd be waaaaaay into the whole elsinore idea! trying the race thing or even a spectator!
BTW, did'nt they used to hold some type of drag racing event there in the ski cove??

revndave
01-24-2005, 07:10 AM
The last race at Elsinore had a great turn out.Run it the same way as last time.Ski channel on other side of lake by Storm stadium.Water in channel is high enough.Willis make it happen :p

Johnwithjm
01-24-2005, 08:15 AM
I think it is a great idea. Will bring some money to the city and the lakes. Hope it happens close to home for me.

FOURQ
01-24-2005, 08:23 AM
if you make it happen im in ....pudingstone , irvine , elsanore even marine stadium

old rigger
01-24-2005, 08:33 AM
if you make it happen im in ....pudingstone , irvine , elsanore even marine stadium
BINGO! what's wrong with Marine Stadium?

Nucking futs
01-24-2005, 09:09 AM
Noise!!!!!
You have to run mufflers and such.It was awsome back in the day when all the noise laws wernt around.Any thing close to home would be great,hell i would even go back to blue water in parker.
Ming is ok but a change would be good to..

revndave
01-24-2005, 10:00 AM
Very few houses around ski channel.

hack job
01-24-2005, 10:51 AM
Very few houses around ski channel.
and they hold events there now so that can help out alot. i know marine stadium would be tough i odnt think that they will allow anther loud event there. there are too many pansys over there that dont think that loud boats belong on the water :devil:

old rigger
01-24-2005, 11:05 AM
Noise!!!!!
You have to run mufflers and such.It was awsome back in the day when all the noise laws wernt around.Any thing close to home would be great,hell i would even go back to blue water in parker.
Ming is ok but a change would be good to..
Mufflers? I could have sworn that this last summer when they ran their one day deal there, running circles, that they were running without them. I need to pay better attention I guess. Still, a great day at the races.

Squirtin Thunder
01-24-2005, 11:21 AM
Now that would be a great place to have an event !!!!

old rigger
01-24-2005, 11:45 AM
Now that I think about it, I'm almost 100% sure they don't have to run mufflers anymore at Marine stadium. At least they haven't for the past couple of years for the Southern Ca Speedboat club stuff.
Be really cool to have more races there. Need to bring back the ski races there too. Nothing like waching those guys on a single pin turn.
Balls of solid rock.

flat broke
01-24-2005, 11:55 AM
It'd deffinitely be cool. I have a feeling though that all the homotrash belmont shore spill overs would complain about the noise. As it is, I get the impression that we're lucky to get the roundy rounds once a year.
Rossdboss over on RRL.com could answer better to the politics of using marine stadium as he sets up the stuff for the roundy rounds. Willis should pm him and see what info he can provide.
Chris

dmontzsta
01-24-2005, 12:14 PM
I agree with THIS GUY! :D That would sure beat a 3 hour drive for all the SoCalians.

Squirtin Thunder
01-24-2005, 12:23 PM
I agree with THIS GUY! :D That would sure beat a 3 hour drive for all the SoCalians.
Well its 5hrs for me and longer than that for others. But Marine stadioum is a great place and would bring in lots of revenue for the NJBA with there new shirts and hats and jackets and bumber stickers !!!
Jim

Oldsquirt
01-24-2005, 12:28 PM
3 whole hours!!!!!!!!!!!! It's already 4+ for any of us from NorCal to Bakersfield. :D

dmontzsta
01-24-2005, 02:01 PM
You guys need to move to SoCal, it is more "happenin" down here. :D You would be closer to the river too.

UBFJ #454
01-24-2005, 05:48 PM
And it's 8 hours one way for us coming out of Phoenix ... So???

moneysucker
01-24-2005, 07:55 PM
Running Elsinore would be good. I hear they have a great southwind recovery program there. (Dan) I hate to say it but Ming is pretty central for most. Almost no one is close but the drive times are close to each other. I think there would be a good turn out both racers and fans. I think a lot of the bay fair drag race fans would make that trip.