PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Tires and Rims.

dmontzsta
01-24-2005, 10:40 PM
Anyone know a place that sells a variety of them? I need to buy tires and I am thinking of upgrading the rims also, they are 13's.

moneysucker
01-24-2005, 10:51 PM
Discount tire is where I get mine. If you get rims too go with a size that is more common where the tires will be cheaper. I use radials. They rotate and balance anytime I want. For small boats Bias plys do not make sense especially on a tandem axle trailer. Rims and tires was the first stop when I bought my boat. Had to match the truck. I'm sick, I need help.

dmontzsta
01-25-2005, 09:25 AM
Discount tire is where I get mine. If you get rims too go with a size that is more common where the tires will be cheaper. I use radials. They rotate and balance anytime I want. For small boats Bias plys do not make sense especially on a tandem axle trailer. Rims and tires was the first stop when I bought my boat. Had to match the truck. I'm sick, I need help.
Thanks, I will check them out.
I dont know if you are sick, or just have butt loads of money you need to spend.
:shift:

LHC30Victory
01-25-2005, 09:38 AM
As far as the tires go, stick with Goodyear Marathons. They may cost a little more that lower end tires, but the peace of mind should make up for it.

dmontzsta
01-25-2005, 11:50 AM
As far as the tires go, stick with Goodyear Marathons. They may cost a little more that lower end tires, but the peace of mind should make up for it.
Thanks for the advice, I will look in to those and see what sizes they offer.

flatnfast
01-25-2005, 12:36 PM
i just replaced my 4 tires and they (our local tire shop) said wide 13"s are hard to find, took him a week to locate my size. just a note

Chase
01-25-2005, 12:53 PM
Make sure you take note if you are upsizing, that the new ones fit in the fenders. Consider the bigger diameter and offset with diffrent wheels..