PDA

View Full Version : Its about damn time!!! Can you say BYE-BYE?!!

SoCalSouthpaw
04-20-2006, 10:08 AM
Probably already posted. But, news this good deserves to be posted twice.
http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/04/20/immigration.raids/index.html

BigBlockBaja
04-20-2006, 10:13 AM
Probably already posted. But, news this good deserves to be posted twice.
[url]http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/04/20/immigration.raids/index.html[/img]
Look at you trying to combine URL's and IMG's . That dont work here.... :crossx:

SoCalSouthpaw
04-20-2006, 10:27 AM
Look at you trying to combine URL's and IMG's . That dont work here.... :crossx:
Im fired

abraman1326
04-20-2006, 10:36 AM
Hell yeah. I am so glad that something is starting to be done. I actually read this morning that 80% of the country disagrees w/ amnesty. Signed a letter that went to my congressfolks. The site I think was congress.org...
BRA
80% Opposition to Senate Immigration Bill
Congress Returns from Recess
Immigration Compromise to be Revisited
Senators are back home this week listening to citizens and their views on immigration before returning to Washington to try to vote again on addressing the issue of immigration. The letters to the Senate through Congress.org have run 80% in opposition to the proposed solution which provides a path for illegal immigrants to gain legal status. Supporters call this "earned citizenship," while opponents call it "amnesty." Your action is needed immediately. Write your senators by indicating below which view you support.
I oppose amnesty for illegal immigrants
I support earned citizenship for illegal immigrants
You can also have your letter hand delivered to your Senators' offices when they return. Select the "Extra Impact" option to deliver your letter for $8.95.
On Congress.org, citizens like you can set up their own alerts like those above to inform family, friends and others about issues they think are important. We have selected the three most viewed alerts on immigration. Read them and indicate whether you agree or oppose the views expressed. We will list the results on the recently redesigned http://www.Congress.org.
"Intolerant to Immigrants?" I Agree I Disagree
"Illegal Immigration" I Agree I Disagree
"Immigration Debate & Solution" I Agree I Disagree
Note: The views expressed here are those of the Soapbox authors and do not necessarily represent those of Congress.org. Visit Congress.org to create your own alert on any issue you want for $5.95 for 30 days. You may be featured in future newsletters like this on topics other than immigration.
See all letters by voters, alerts, bills and groups related to immigration.

cdog
04-20-2006, 11:25 AM
Round up them trolls and sendem back to mexi land. :crossx:
Also did you hear about the minutemen building a fence if the pres does not do it by memorial day. :) Time to donate more $$$ They need 10 bucks from 1 million people.

SoCalSouthpaw
04-20-2006, 11:46 AM
Round up them trolls and sendem back to mexi land. :crossx:
Also did you hear about the minutemen building a fence if the pres does not do it by memorial day. :) Time to donate more $$$ They need 10 bucks from 1 million people.
details on where to send the donations....Ill send my whole friggen tax return!!!!! :) Oh wait a minute......I OWE this year!!!!! :cry:

abraman1326
04-20-2006, 11:55 AM
Something else I got today...
Conservatives Lobby Against 'Guest Worker' Amnesty
By Susan Jones
CNSNews.com Senior Editor
April 20, 2006
(CNSNews.com) - A conservative advocacy group says it is launching a multi-state ad campaign targeting U.S. senators who support amnesty for illegal aliens under the guise of "guest worker" programs.
William Greene, president of the RightMarch.com political action committee, said senators will have a pile of correspondence waiting for them when they return to their offices next week.
"Our members have sent over 300,000 faxes, emails, and hand-delivered letters to the U.S. Senate, to stop the proposed amnesty for illegal aliens," Greene said.
He believes a majority of senators are "just waiting for their chance to vote for amnesty" when the Senate reconvenes next week. "They're ready to vote the opposite of how their constituents want them to vote -- so now, we're taking this battle to them," he said.
Supporters of a pending Senate bill refuse to describe "earned citizenship" as amnesty, but many conservatives say there's little difference. Critics object to any plan that would "reward" people who come to the United States illegally.
RightMarch.com PAC said it is now running radio ads in the home states of several pro-amnesty GOP senators, exposing their voting record on the issue, and "whipping up an avalanche of phone calls to their home offices demanding that they vote the 'right' way on illegal immigration.
"Our ads are running today in states like South Carolina, Pennsylvania, Nebraska and Kansas, with a potential listening audience of over five million people," said Greene. "These are powerful, 'in-your-face' ads that will have a strong impact on these senators.
"We've said it before, and we'll say it again: many times, these legislators have to 'feel the heat' in order to 'see the light.' Our ads are making them 'feel that heat!'"
The RightMarch.com PAC describes itself as a web-based, conservative political action committee that gives hundreds of thousands of hardworking, patriotic Americans across the country a strong collective voice in the political process.