PDA

View Full Version : Thru-transom headers

james s
04-09-2001, 06:54 PM
Can anybody tell me where I can find thru-transom headers(wet, of course) for a 455? I have checked every manufacturer I know of, but still can't seem to find 'em. Do they exist, or do you have to have them custom made? Guess I can go to Sanderson if I have to!!!

Cas42
04-09-2001, 07:42 PM
I went to Sanderson years ago with my first boat that had a 455. Be prepared to spend a few dollars.

jim lee
04-09-2001, 08:07 PM
Rewarder has thru-transom headers for Olds 455. I talked to them about a year ago just to confirm this.
But these are -not- to be used for enclosed engines. (That's what they said)
Good luck!
-jim lee

greatam
04-09-2001, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by james s:
Can anybody tell me where I can find thru-transom headers(wet, of course) for a 455? I have checked every manufacturer I know of, but still can't seem to find 'em. Do they exist, or do you have to have them custom made? Guess I can go to Sanderson if I have to!!!
I have a set of EDELBROCK logs, will work on stock 389-455 heads. They are from my 455 Pontiac, but when I went to aluminum heads, had to get new headers. They have been in my garage on the shelf, all wrapped up since 1997. They were originally on a 389 Police Interceptor motor, which was the origanl motor in my 1967 jet boat. Will these work for you? My husband just reminded me we also have a set of logs for a 455 Olds. Came out of my 74 Sanger. Have to go find those to let you know what brand they are. If you are interested in either set, email

GlastronGuy
04-10-2001, 06:36 AM
Here is the reply I received from Rewarder. I also have a 455
"Yes I make a header for this only in an open motor compartment. 2 1/4
primary into 4" collector. Cost $750.00. Thanks................Jim"

james s
04-10-2001, 05:18 PM
CAS42, thanks. Yea, I would expect Sanderson's to be pricy since alot of their equipment is custom.
Jim Lee and GalstronGuy - I thought I saw Rewarders offered for the Olds, but they don't list it on their web site. I realize I would have to remove my engine cover, but at least I know where to start looking!! Thanks all!!