PDA

View Full Version : You'll never believe what you can buy at Costco

MudPumper
01-25-2005, 05:08 PM
The End (http://www.costco.com/Common/CategoryMain.aspx?cat=20595)

Her454
01-25-2005, 05:10 PM
Is it me or is that kind of morbid? Wonder if they are next to the camping equipment, power tools or electronic devices? :D

dtr352
Do you have to buy in bulk or are they just family sized?

Her454
ohhh thats just wrong.........but funny. :D

MudPumper
01-25-2005, 05:11 PM
Now that's funny

Phat Matt
01-25-2005, 05:13 PM
Why does the "Guadalupe" one have to be the cheapest?
http://www.costco.com/Images/Content/Product/810225L.jpg

Tom Brown
01-25-2005, 05:15 PM
I'd like to point out that they also sell Kirkland air fresheners.

MudPumper
01-25-2005, 05:17 PM
Buy one and you can get a free Hot Dog and Soda. :crossx:

HCS
01-25-2005, 05:17 PM
Those things are expensive. The funeral homes have been ripping people off forever. They take advantage of people when their depressed. They need competition.

Her454
01-25-2005, 05:18 PM
Buy one and you can get a free Hot Dog and Soda. :crossx:
Costco has good Hot Dogs........................ ;)

Ziggy
01-25-2005, 05:18 PM
I've already ordered mine :D :D :D
You just found out??? better not wait too long :rolleyes:

Tom Brown
01-25-2005, 05:19 PM
Polish sausage and a coke for 2 buck. :)
Eat enough of that shit and you'll be needing some guadalupe action.

PHX ATC
01-25-2005, 05:21 PM
My wife actually opened up an email that had a link to that casket page from Costco. It came from them. Geez, I'm not kicking the bucket yet.
Then again, I told her if she dies, I'd be looking for my 2% back, so why not by it at Costco?
I might be dying before I know it! :D

MudPumper
I'd like to see the look on the peoples faces as you are pushing one of those to the parking lot on one of those Flat Carts. LMAO :D

Her454
I've already ordered mine :D :D :D
I wouldn't want my family wasting the money....cremate me and scatter my ashes on the beach or in the ocean...or hell, throw them in the campfire at the next get together for that matter ;) I hate to be left out....... :D

Her454
01-25-2005, 05:22 PM
I'd like to see the look on the peoples faces as you are pushing one of those to the parking lot on one of those Flat Carts. LMAO :D
LMAO I NEVER EVEN THOUGHT OF THAT.................or loading it up in the back of my truck............NOT. ;) One hell of a party favor if you had the cash to waste tho LOL.... OK, Im a sick individual. :rollside:

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
01-25-2005, 05:26 PM
wow, i though costco was doing alright...looks like business must be dead.
c'mon people!!!!!!!!

Tom Brown
01-25-2005, 05:27 PM
One hell of a party favor if you had the cash to waste tho LOL....
Hey everybody!... Let's play spin-the-casket. :cool:

JBUSAF
01-25-2005, 05:29 PM
What is next, instructions on preparing the grave site, maybe a how to video??? $$$29.99

Liberator TJ1984
01-25-2005, 05:30 PM
Why does the "Guadalupe" one have to be the cheapest?
http://www.costco.com/Images/Content/Product/810225L.jpg
Cause it comes with a " Crown " air freshner :confused:

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
01-25-2005, 05:32 PM
What is next, instructions on preparing the grave site, maybe a how to video??? $$$29.99
Buy 2 and get the Stainless Steel Shovel as a free gift!

JBUSAF
01-25-2005, 05:35 PM
Don't forget the grass seed!
JB

Tom Brown
01-25-2005, 05:36 PM
There is some good material in this thread. :D
You know... I'm no Monster Garage fan but I have to admit it was pretty cool when he built the hurse that could dig a hole and then shoot the casket out. :D :D :D
There is something extremely funny about death. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif

Ziggy
01-25-2005, 05:38 PM
I wouldn't want my family wasting the money....cremate me and scatter my ashes on the beach or in the ocean...or hell, throw them in the campfire at the next get together for that matter ;) I hate to be left out....... :D
LOL Traci---I 'd have to agree with you...toss me out on the next speed run. The GPS coordinates will be set forth in my will, my final resting spot. :wink:
I hope you know I was joking about the order :p I wouldn't put my family through the expense of buying a spot of earth to mourn.

slotracer
01-25-2005, 05:44 PM
if its for her454 it needs to come with a broom also.
pat(slotracer) :D

JB in so cal
01-25-2005, 05:48 PM
You could get one now, and with a little modification, turn out something like Herman Munster did... :idea: Maybe a small block, straight pipes...

callbob4homes
01-25-2005, 05:48 PM
I am thinking cremation as well. Put the ashes in the douche bottle and run me thru one last time. Oh well it's a thought :idea:

Brooski
01-25-2005, 05:55 PM
wow, i though costco was doing alright...looks like business must be dead.
c'mon people!!!!!!!!
Okay, that was baaaadddddd!!!!!!!!
Amazing what they will sell when the competition is "stiff".

joeygo
01-25-2005, 06:38 PM
Do they have any with Tribal Flames?

OutCole'd
01-25-2005, 06:46 PM
LMAO!!!! :D :D

OutCole'd
01-25-2005, 06:48 PM
Would they take it back if it didn't fit? What's their return policy on those?

ECeptor
01-25-2005, 06:49 PM
I'd prefer something in a v-bottom rather than the flat models shown...

bchbum
01-25-2005, 06:58 PM
When no one is looking climb in & scare the shit out of people

ahhell
01-25-2005, 07:05 PM
When no one is looking climb in & scare the shit out of people
LMAO!!! do they come in XXL tall????

Debbolas
01-25-2005, 07:19 PM
We are taking your ashes and scattering them over Park Moabi.....
(Oh, wait...that's me.........and I want to be scattered in the Topok gorge, just past where the fire was a few years ago, in the narrow, rocky part :cool:

Badger301
01-25-2005, 07:37 PM
mmmmmm :idea:
picture one with wheels and a 2 stroke in it. Rolling down the street in my casket sipping on gin and juice :2purples:

Her454
01-26-2005, 07:51 AM
LOL Traci---I 'd have to agree with you...toss me out on the next speed run. The GPS coordinates will be set forth in my will, my final resting spot. :wink:
I hope you know I was joking about the order :p I wouldn't put my family through the expense of buying a spot of earth to mourn.
Yes I know you were joking....and I like the speed run idea :D
if its for her454 it needs to come with a broom also.
pat(slotracer) :D
Im sure my daughter will make sure Im buried with that broom. :rollside:

Freak
01-26-2005, 08:02 AM
You could get one now, and with a little modification, turn out something like Herman Munster did... :idea: Maybe a small block, straight pipes...
Ask and ye shall recieve. AKA Dragula
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=80766&item=4521494414&rd=1

uglycstmr
01-26-2005, 08:42 AM
The End (http://www.costco.com/Common/CategoryMain.aspx?cat=20595)
Mudpumper your reading my mind. I was looking at Costco.com about a week ago and saw that and just couldn't believe it. The first thing I thought was exactly what HER454 said, doesn't that sound a little morbid??? I still can't get over it, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Cas
01-26-2005, 09:02 AM
I'm thinking one of those would make a great ice chest for some of the get togethers.........especially the Hallowroost. Darn things would hold a ton of beverages. When the beverages are gone, it might make a real fun pull toy.
All kinds of possiblities :D

Her454
01-26-2005, 09:15 AM
I'm thinking one of those would make a great ice chest for some of the get togethers.........especially the Hallowroost. Darn things would hold a ton of beverages. When the beverages are gone, it might make a real fun pull toy.
EXACTLY what I was thinking when I posted "party favor" LOL......that would be perfect for the HalloRoost!!!!!!! I'd like to get a floating one....in fact Im hitting up a carpenter friend of mine to see what he can come up for next year.......towing that out to the island would be funny as "hell" ;) :)
You gonna make it this year Steve? I've already talked to the COE about the entire point this year....were gonna need the space if its anything like last years turnout...:)

HM
01-26-2005, 09:45 AM
Costco contributes most of their donations to the dems.
Since so many dems became depressed and suicidal after the election, they thought they would make a killing (no pun intended). but since most of the dems are spineless and all talk, Costco now is stuck with excess inventory and trying to recoup their losses.
I heard Costco is going to have a sale on various documents on G-dubya incriminating him on everything from global warming to sickle cell anemia, since CBS returned their purchase.
:D :D :D :rollside: :notam: :D :D

Coleitis22
01-26-2005, 10:05 AM
They have a great return policy wonder if these are included. I want to return this, Why? After a year the upolstery began to come apart, a hinge fell off and a worm got in. Thank you

cola
01-26-2005, 10:11 AM
Wheres the Nascar model.

Coleitis22
01-26-2005, 10:14 AM
I am thinking cremation as well. Put the ashes in the douche bottle and run me thru one last time. Oh well it's a thought :idea:
Can't run you through dry. You prefer vinegar and water or how about Stoli?

MudPumper
01-26-2005, 10:52 AM
You just need 6 of your friends to carry it. LOL

Desert Rat
01-26-2005, 12:03 PM
seriously, they only have a kiosk at the store (no actual caskets) and i'm pretty sure they deliver them to the funeral home. funeral homes are some what upset by this because people are getting a education on the mark up that the homes lay on you during a time of major grief! now is there any way we might be able to turn one into a towable for the next major ***boat event?

Tom Brown
01-26-2005, 12:07 PM
... is there any way we might be able to turn one into a towable for the next major ***boat event?
The Bernie Bash?

Seadog
01-27-2005, 06:56 AM
A college classmate's father owned a casket factory in Commerce, OK. One night we stole our math professor's jeep (WWII vintage) and hid it in the warehouse.

Moose
01-28-2005, 12:25 PM
This is Mrs. Moose and the story is that, the owner of Costco had to bury a family member last year and he could not beleive the price of the caskets. It was unreal. Jim felt that no one should be taken at a time like that when most the time it is unexpected. So he wanted to help the public out. I think it's awesome and I want Moose to use the service for me, when it's my time. So he got a handle on the market and is now selling them at Costco's. No they are not full size ones in the stores and no all stores don't carry them. But you can buy one over the internet and have it shipped within 24 hrs. For the same caskets at the mortuary they run around 5,000.00 where ours are in the 750.00 range.
You name it we carry it. Remember to sign up for the Executive card and you will earn 2% back on all your shopping.................

Her454
01-28-2005, 12:27 PM
This is Mrs. Moose and the story is that, the owner of Costco had to bury a family member last year and he could not beleive the price of the caskets. It was unreal. Jim felt that no one should be taken at a time like that when most the time it is unexpected. So he wanted to help the public out. I think it's awesome and I want Moose to use the service for me, when it's my time. So he got a handle on the market and is now selling them at Costco's. No they are not full size ones in the stores and no all stores don't carry them. But you can buy one over the internet and have it shipped within 24 hrs. For the same caskets at the mortuary they run around 5,000.00 where ours are in the 750.00 range.
You name it we carry it. Remember to sign up for the Executive card and you will earn 2% back on all your shopping.................
HOLY SHIT! Thanks for the info Kara. I still want to be cremated....that 750.00 can go toward my kids, grandkids, or whatever at the time......;)

Moose
01-28-2005, 12:32 PM
It cost at least 1000.00 to cremate ones sole and to me I didn't come into this world as a ash and I'm not going out like that. Infact I'm not going i nthe ground either. I'm talking the wall.
But it is good and yes the Mortuarys are pissed off but they have to accept them and use them. The law states that.
One of our employees wife just died and they ordered one and it was beautiful. Who wasnts to pay big dollars when you don't have to.....