PDA

View Full Version : Barrett-Jackson anybody...

playdeep
01-25-2005, 07:06 PM
else going?
We will be arriving friday with John&Michelle(Warlock 25)..Just curious if any one else is gonna be there.

Donnie
01-25-2005, 07:13 PM
midmagic (AKA Bill Griffin) will have his Shelby cobra on display at the shelby booth...stop by and blow him a load of crap for us :D
Were gonna try and make it out on Saturday.

Perfect Mixer
01-25-2005, 07:30 PM
I've been the last 4 years. Can't make it this year though. Have fun!

BoatPI
01-25-2005, 07:30 PM
Take note of one of the most valuable cars there. In the display area a 1970 Dodge Coronet RT, convertible, 426 HEMI, four speed.
One of one made. Valued at about $750,000.
Next week work begins on my 71 GTX 440 Mag, factory air, Winchester Gray with gunmetal seats, slapstick automatic, black canopy vinyl top.
Perhaps one of 5 or so made. I might bring it out the Havasu this fall.

Perfect Mixer
01-25-2005, 07:33 PM
Take note of one of the most valuable cars there. In the display area a 1970 Dodge Coronet RT, convertible, 426 HEMI, four speed.
One of one made. Valued at about $750,000.
Next week work begins on my 71 GTX 440 Mag, factory air, Winchester Gray with gunmetal seats, slapstick automatic, black canopy vinyl top.
Perhaps one of 5 or so made. I might bring it out the Havasu this fall.
Oh no, not ANOTHER mopar guy!

Jordy
01-25-2005, 09:59 PM
I won't be there, but call me for some pre and post Barrett Jackson entertainment. :cool:

Froggystyle
01-25-2005, 10:38 PM
My brother is going with his newest creation by OPM Customs. I don't know where he is going to be, but pm him at skeepwerkzaz

Craig
01-26-2005, 03:48 AM
I'm going Thursday & Friday, camera and video cam in tow :) Friday they're putting a 100 point resto 70 Buick GSX Stage 1 on the block. Historically the GS's have never brought in the big $$$, but folks think this one might fetch a decent price.
Craig

Bryan Rose
01-26-2005, 05:00 AM
Been the last 3 years and will not attend this time either, Got more important things to do this time, have fun and we will see if the muscle cars make a comeback over the customs this year . Last year I almost bought the Ford Starliner custom but stopped didding at $ 47,000.00. went for $ 62,000 I believe, here it is .I should have kept going.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/766DSC01638.JPG
Bryan

BoatPI
01-26-2005, 05:44 AM
As most know, Mopar's stole the show for big bucks last year. But I think the real sleepers are Chevelle convertibles and other A body GM cars. That GSX is a sweet car.
The only thing hot at Ford seems to be Boss cars and of course Shelby Mustangs. The Shelby thing will continue to grow with the 65/66 models quite high. With anything HEMI growing, I expect the low production number 6 pack cars to increase in value.
Also any original E body, even a 318 car is worth $$. Recently at 318 Baracuda convertible, all original including paint was bid to about $55 G on E bay. That was a $3,500 car when new.
But last year we saw a private sale of a 71' HEMI Cuda convertible, export model, sell for $2,000,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My 2 cents. And look for my white 68 Olds 442 convertible with a built Pfaff motor in Havasu.

coolchange
01-26-2005, 07:35 AM
I may have a car in the next one. O.C. A 79 Mustang. I know, probably the worst car ever built next to a K car. But it has 370 miles on it. Thats right. 370. Still has the sticker in the window. Proverbial story, guy died, went to look at what we thought might be mid 80s Taurus or Tempo, found this under a cover in an old wood garage. I know a guy that should have a mid 60s Ferrari there that should bring 750.

Mandelon
01-26-2005, 08:48 AM
I am more familiar with Kendall - Jackson..... :p

RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
01-26-2005, 08:49 AM
I am going Thrus-Sun and it is always fun. The Resto mod, street rod, muscle cars have stole the show. There are numerous Boyd creations this year as well. I also cannot believe the amount of re-creation(fake) cars on the block. The real stuff is getting out of hand. Try Russo and Steele, They were ahead of their time offering only european sport, American muscle, and street rod customs 5 years ago. They have a 63' Cobra factory racer that should draw huge. Also going to RM at the Biltmore for the first time, for the snooty stuff. It always makes me confident that the economy is strong.

gnarley
01-26-2005, 10:07 AM
I am more familiar with Kendall - Jackson..... :p
Me too. A buddy of mine is one of Jess Jackson's pilot's and I live just a little ways from the tasting room and head quarters.
The auction is cool but nothing I can purchase, just like window shopping.

Craig
01-26-2005, 05:43 PM
Talked to a friend this evening who dropped his A/C Cobra and trailer off for the Shelby display this morning. He said they had to turn 400 cars away from auction because Westworld is just out of space :( He said all the tents are packed with cars! Rumour going around is that the event might move next year to the Glendale Arena, tents in the parking lot, auction inside the arena. Lots of parking lot room with the Cardinals stadium going up right next door to the Hockey Arena. Be there tomorrow :D
Craig

playdeep
01-26-2005, 07:15 PM
Craig,Jordy,any other ***boat people want to hook up...my cell# is 505-620-7622.Warlock25(J&M) will be driving in from Havasu,to pick us up(hopefully) at the SkyHarbor.
Craig,about time Buick's started getting some recognition..I am still kicking myself.for not jumping on that Stage 1 convertable that I e-mailed you about.
I have several clients in the midwest who have bought cars from me,who are stocking up on muscle cars and resto-mods,for the feeding frenzy after Barrret-Jackson.
Prices usually go up significantly on whatever is currently hot...
Right now 65-70 Mustang fasbacks(Especially Mach1's and Boss 302's) are hot and are begining to bring stupid money.
Gotta love American Iron...

RiverOtter
01-27-2005, 05:19 AM
3 events I want to attend.
1. Miami Boat Show
2. LA Boat Show
3. Barret Jackson

Craig
01-27-2005, 06:26 AM
Craig,Jordy,any other ***boat people want to hook up...my cell# is 505-620-7622.Warlock25(J&M) will be driving in from Havasu,to pick us up(hopefully) at the SkyHarbor.
Craig,about time Buick's started getting some recognition..I am still kicking myself.for not jumping on that Stage 1 convertable that I e-mailed you about.
I was wondering if you ever bought that car :) I'll shoot you a call tomorrow. I'm going today to hopefully shoot about 300 good pictures before there are too many people in the way (I hope). Watch more of the auction tomorrow.
Craig

Chase
01-27-2005, 02:19 PM
Been the last 3 years and will not attend this time either, Got more important things to do this time, have fun and we will see if the muscle cars make a comeback over the customs this year . Last year I almost bought the Ford Starliner custom but stopped didding at $ 47,000.00. went for $ 62,000 I believe, here it is .I should have kept going.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/766DSC01638.JPG
Bryan
OK Bryan you may be able to help...since the car in the pic looks familiar. I was watching highlights of last years auction and something caught my eye.. There was a '56 chev go through (I think) and they showed a quick glimpse of the emblem on the truck..the "V"..and it was lit with LED's and was a third brake light. Did you see this?? or anybody else readiing this...do you know where something like this can be found...or was this totally custom??

Slick
01-27-2005, 02:40 PM
Craig,
I'll call your mobile when I get there. You can buy me a beer.

spectras only
01-27-2005, 02:41 PM
With all the buzz about mopars ,I wonder how much my
72 challenger would fetch today at the auction ? Paid
5400 for it in 72 . 340 , 833 tranny , pistol grip ,Hurst
competition shifter ,8 3/4 suregrip diff and a rare
feature ,recording cassette player with microphone :cool:
I'm still unable to find a combo I had, 68 barracuda
convertible , 340 Formula S 4 spd , white interior. Should
have mothballed the suckers :cry: :boxed:
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/challenger2.jpg

Chase
01-27-2005, 03:07 PM
Hey Spectras...are you able to stay dry?? Some nasty moisture out your way.. :supp:

Sleek-Jet
01-27-2005, 03:08 PM
My 2 cents. And look for my white 68 Olds 442 convertible with a built Pfaff motor in Havasu.
I didn't know Pfaff built Olds motors... :confused:

spectras only
01-27-2005, 03:36 PM
Chase , pretty mild here . Almost boating season
here :D . Are you going to the okanagan this year ?
I'm going to bring my Mirage up during the western
provinces milkboard meet [wifey is working for the b.c
dairy foundation] at the Grand ,and mooring will be
free :D .BTW , check out the 2004 sidney [vanc
island] pokerrun video . Make sure your sound is on
http://www.saibrfest.com/