PDA

View Full Version : Burnin Fuel Rain or shine

Joker
05-09-2001, 10:16 AM
summer is finally here and with my new camper top and place diverter this one should be better than the last. I am curious if anyone knows how I can boost the horse power in my 350 with out spending a fortune.....my yearly jetboat budget is wife managed and I beleive I may be over......

Jetmugg
05-09-2001, 10:25 AM
Nitrous oxide is the best bang for the buck, provided that the rest of your system can handle the nitrous. If you are running cast pistons, stock rods and bolts, and a cast crank, don't get crazy with the bottle. Under those conditions, probably a 75HP shot is about as big as you can safely go.
SteveM.

dcraig
05-09-2001, 10:28 AM
I have a mag 454 with forged parts. Can I add a 100hp kit without an MSD ignition, a retard box, and running race gas?
I have an A impeller and the motor turns it 4700 rpm

LIQUID ASSETS
05-09-2001, 08:28 PM
The thing with NOS, it comes and goes. It's never right onder the hot foot,and it's addictive! Rework the lower end and then add the NOS> My 2 cents.
LIQUID

mister460
05-11-2001, 08:11 AM
Nitrous is definitely the most power for the least money. And the rumors that nitrous will melt your motor are false. I know, everyones got a friend of there dad's mailman's dog that blew up there motor cause they ran a little squeeze. Most likely just a good story. Motors with stock EVERYTHING can handle 125 horse hits. Not for 5 minutes solid though. Slap in some main/head studs, good gaskets, forged pistons and you can handle 200 easy. Oh yeah, upgrade your ignition. You were gonna do it anyways, right? Just tell your wife it'll use less gas or the stock one went bad and Mallory or MSD are the only ones that make it now. All this (including the nitrous kit) can be done for around 800-900 bones. Steel cranks can be found all over for cheap. But, if you really want to get it on, just big block it and leave those v-drives in your spray. Just my dime's worth. Good luck and fast jetting!

Timer
05-11-2001, 09:20 AM
Unless the v-drive has double bottles!