PDA

View Full Version : Blythe / Ehrenberg

mirvin
01-26-2005, 11:35 AM
Anyone ever go there? Prolly going with some friends and I have never been there. Any tips or pointers?
THanks,
mirvin

Ziggy
01-26-2005, 11:56 AM
Make sure you're in a jet boat.

Waist Deep
01-26-2005, 12:06 PM
Last year, over 75% of the time we were there, which was about every weekend, the water was high enough for most wakeboard boats with all their lead in em. In other words, if I'm not wrong, your boats a 22 and should be fine, but check waterflow reports first. Most likely should be above 10,500 cfs and you would be good.
just watch for them sandbars south of the I-10. North of the I-10, you'll find a good number of trees and sandbars. Personally, I'd stay away from launching in Ehrenberg. Our launch pad is @ McIntyre

JetBoatRich
01-26-2005, 12:11 PM
Watch your prop Mirvin :notam: lots of sandbars, once your make a few runs and get to know the low areas, you should be fine!

mirvin
01-26-2005, 12:35 PM
Thanks guys :) John I was actually thinking about you cuz I thought you said you like to go to Blythe.
How about fishing?? I'm asking cuz the guy I'm going with is a pretty hard core bass fisherman with a prop boat....I'm wondering now why he even wants to go there...
This trip is planned for early June if anyone is interested or already going there.
Thanks agian guys.
mirvin

probablecause
01-26-2005, 04:51 PM
We launch out of Riviera and it has a nice wide launch ramp. Just beware of all of the idiots on the PWCs. Head South if you are going anywhere - the water is a lot deaper.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1838beached-04.JPG
Fishing is good also.

HotHallet
01-26-2005, 05:34 PM
Mirvin-Have fun at Blythe. Great place to boat. I boated there for about two seasons and am eager to go back. Launch at McIntyre. Awesome camground, great ramp, cool lagoon, general store, fuel, you name it. Its awesome. Watch out for the sandbars and take your time.
Hot Hallett

LUVNLIFE
01-26-2005, 05:58 PM
We launch out of Riviera and it has a nice wide launch ramp. Just beware of all of the idiots on the PWCs. Head South if you are going anywhere - the water is a lot deaper.
Fishing is good also.
You said they have a nice launch ramp? Why did you just throw your boat out on the beach? :confused: :idea: :D

JetBoatRich
01-26-2005, 06:06 PM
Fishing is good also.
Good thing it is tied up well :confused: The current can get strong there :jawdrop:

77charger
01-26-2005, 06:08 PM
cale it looks like it is easier to unload once you get to the sandbar :D

shueman
01-26-2005, 07:14 PM
Mirvin-Have fun at Blythe. Great place to boat. I boated there for about two seasons and am eager to go back. Launch at McIntyre. Awesome camground, great ramp, cool lagoon, general store, fuel, you name it. Its awesome. Watch out for the sandbars and take your time.
Hot Hallett
McIntyre is very nice. We like heading south, very little traffic.
I want to go north and drop in at Ah Quin this season. Free Launch...!!!

Waist Deep
01-27-2005, 05:38 AM
Hey Marcus, you're welcome to hang with us when you go or if you need some assistance let me know. Our spots about 3 up from the water. Good RV spots up by the water for pull thrus as well.
The fishing is great. Alot of catfish, and big ones too. Caught a couple of stripers worth saving and some snapping turtles I wish I never had caught.
To clue you in on the fishing, I lost 3 poles last year. Ripped right out of the boat. Fishing with the old hot dog with WD40 sprayed on it. You'll never rest.
Bring your own beer as the store at the park still has not got its lisc. back yet. New owners taking over March 1, so I'll let you know if there are any big changes.

Boatcop
01-27-2005, 06:01 AM
McIntyre is very nice. We like heading south, very little traffic.
I want to go north and drop in at Ah Quin this season. Free Launch...!!!
If you launch at Aha Quinn, don't plan on going to Blythe.
There's a Dam in the way.

JB in so cal
01-27-2005, 09:23 AM
If you launch at Aha Quinn, don't plan on going to Blythe.
There's a Dam in the way.
Details, details.

JetBoatRich
01-27-2005, 09:26 AM
Anyone ever go there? Prolly going with some friends and I have never been there. Any tips or pointers?
THanks,
mirvin
When you going :confused: I brother in-law lives there, so we may be game for a Blythe trip :cool:

Brian Ray
01-27-2005, 09:50 AM
Does anyone camp at the KOA right before you cross into AZ off of 1-10? They have a launch ramp as well....
It's been years since I've been out there but I grow up in Ehrenberg. I stop in every once in awhile to check out the town. If anyone is ever passing through Ehrenberg there is a great pizza place called Silly Al's....it's right next to what use to be a Circle K, which I think is now just a no name liquor store.
I believe there's a couple places to launch in Ehrenberg but most of is R.V. park stuff...launch ramps one or two lanes.

mirvin
01-27-2005, 10:56 AM
Thanks guys!!
Rich, the dates are June 8 - 12th.
Looks like we're staying at the "Oasis"?? Any info on this place. I'm a tag along on this trip so I'm not involved with any of the descisions.....
John, if you guys are up for it I'd love to hook up. WHere's your place again?
Thanks again everyone.
mirvin :p

JetBoatRich
01-27-2005, 12:06 PM
Thanks guys!!
Rich, the dates are June 8 - 12th.
Looks like we're staying at the "Oasis"?? Any info on this place. I'm a tag along on this trip so I'm not involved with any of the descisions.....
John, if you guys are up for it I'd love to hook up. WHere's your place again?
Thanks again everyone.
Mirvin, good to see you are planning well in advance :D Blythe gets sold out :eek:

mirvin
01-27-2005, 12:31 PM
Mirvin, good to see you are planning well in advance :D Blythe gets sold out :eek:
SO you gonna make it out there???

JetBoatRich
01-27-2005, 12:55 PM
SO you gonna make it out there???
I will say yes right now :idea: remind me later in the year ;)

Waist Deep
01-27-2005, 03:53 PM
We'll be there. Definitely will hook up. Although, I do believe the Oasis is right next to the KOA in Ehrenberg. I'll be honest with you, I've never seen a shade tree there. Alot of concrete and in June, that will make a diff. I'm not trying to change your plan, but I think if you're doin a family trip, with kids, you'll find McIntyre a much better place. Alot of kids there. And if you got no kids, you just stay away from em.