PDA

View Full Version : What does it mean when

Garrddogg
01-26-2005, 06:40 PM
So there I was doin a big smokey burnout in my truck then BANG :eek: :eek: engine sounds fine but when I put it in drive it dont go! I can put it in four wheel auto and it drives but it makes alot of funny noises from the rear! :eek: :2purples: I think I'll drive out and see Randy (K26) in the morning for some warranty work! :cool:
I hope they dont notice the 35"s or the BLOWER! LOL :hammerhea

Jbb
01-26-2005, 06:41 PM
lol....did you see the rear drive shaft rolling down the street?.... :D

Mrs.Racer277
01-26-2005, 06:43 PM
So there I was doin a big smokey burnout in my truck then BANG :eek: :eek: engine sounds fine but when I put it in drive it dont go! I can put it in four wheel auto and it drives but it makes alot of funny noises from the rear! :eek: :2purples: I think I'll drive out and see Randy (K26) in the morning for some warranty work! :cool:
I hope they dont notice the 35"s or the BLOWER! LOL :hammerhea
Could it mean you're walkin??? :confused:
Not good.

Debbolas
01-26-2005, 06:45 PM
Sweetie...........you don't have the BEST luck with cars/boats, do ya?
Maybe you should switch to sailboats, or horses? :wink:

73kona455
01-26-2005, 07:07 PM
sounds like u stripped the rear pinion

JetBoatRich
01-26-2005, 07:15 PM
Sounds like the tires may have hooked up :cry: enough to find the weak link in the drivetrain :rolleyes:

MudPumper
01-26-2005, 07:18 PM
I'm pretty sure the Tranny and rear end weren't designed to take that kind of power or abuse. :D

Garrddogg
01-26-2005, 10:14 PM
es prolly not a good thing?

ColeTR1
01-26-2005, 10:54 PM
lol....did you see the rear drive shaft rolling down the street?.... :D
:2purples: this is it!!

Cs19
01-26-2005, 10:59 PM
rear diff. Ive seen it happen to a supercharged tundra as well. bummer

DryHeatOnly
01-26-2005, 11:01 PM
Chevy truck, huh? ;)

Kachina26
01-27-2005, 06:37 AM
Sounds like the tires may have hooked up :cry: enough to find the weak link in the drivetrain :rolleyes:
That's usually the 4L60E transmission :D:D:D:D:D
Seriously though, if it won't move in 2WD, but will move in 4WD, I would say you probably did blow the rear diff and now you got the front diff dragging you around. On the bright side, they say front wheel drives handle better than rear wheel drives. :hammer2:
I can't help you on the Warranty end of things, a job like that draws alot of attention in the shop. You know people saying things like "Wow, that guy must be an idiot!" and "What dipshit does big smokey burnouts after they graduated HS?"

Garrddogg
01-27-2005, 06:54 AM
Hey where you been? OK the real deal NO smokey burnout! :squiggle:
I did romp on it though,after the blower, lift and 35" tires the gears needed to be changed as well = more money! so I didnt do it(it was only a matter of time) I'm goin with a set of 4:56's to compensate for the big tires!
In no way is this a chop on cheby, the 1500 ring & pinion(gear set) is not made to handle 400 foot pounds of tourque! As I said it was only a matter of time! :messedup:
And Randy I'm not givin you my vin # ! ;)
That's usually the 4L60E transmission :D:D:D:D:D
Seriously though, if it won't move in 2WD, but will move in 4WD, I would say you probably did blow the rear diff and now you got the front diff dragging you around. On the bright side, they say front wheel drives handle better than rear wheel drives. :hammer2:
I can't help you on the Warranty end of things, a job like that draws alot of attention in the shop. You know people saying things like "Wow, that guy must be an idiot!" and "What dipshit does big smokey burnouts after they graduated HS?"

Kachina26
01-27-2005, 06:59 AM
Hey where you been? OK the real deal NO smokey burnout! :squiggle:
And Randy I'm not givin you my vin # ! ;)
I'm the only driveability guy at work this week, so I've been hammered all week.
Oh, and I've already got your vin. And your warranty blocked ;)

Garrddogg
01-27-2005, 07:02 AM
DOH! :hammerhea :2purples: :hammerhea
I'm the only driveability guy at work this week, so I've been hammered all week.

superdave013
01-27-2005, 07:32 AM
What does it mean when.......
It means you broke it :hammer2:
Now go see "The Gear Man" Bill Sylvia 714 537 9495 for those 4.56's and a Detroit Locker.

dicudmore
01-27-2005, 07:45 AM
just for the record.....
SO DO I!!!
But, you know anywhere I can help ya I will... :D

dicudmore
01-27-2005, 07:46 AM
Chevy truck, huh? ;)
ouch, that hurts bud :eat:

OGShocker
01-27-2005, 07:50 AM
With your luck, you may want to leave your stuff STOCK! :idea:
Sorry to hear of your troubles. :frown:

Garrddogg