PDA

View Full Version : Pump sucks 3 fish!!!!

bilgewiper
06-13-2001, 11:21 AM
Thought I' check to see if anyone else has had this happen to them. I mentioned it on the old RJB board last year---no one had. I leave my boat with Berk. JE pump and loader grate in the water at a marina. Three times last year I had warmed boat up and idled through 5mph zone and hit gas and got that "somethings in the pump vibration". 3 separate times I have pulled catfish out of the clean out hole. They were all 8-10inches long. One positivley survived the ordeal. One might have, but would have swam circles for the rest of it's life. And, one lubricated the leading edges of the impeller real well. Trying to get a spiney wiggling critter out of a too small hole and acting cool about it in front of your 6 year old is hard!!!! Anybody else have this happen to them?
Ethan

squirt
06-13-2001, 11:51 AM
wow! never heard of this one either. I guess the best way to look cool for your kid is put on a pair of sun glasses, crack a beer, open the hand hole, and grab a fishing pole and hook up. Just wondering what would happen if you knew there were fish in there and you just rev'ed her up. would that cause any damage to pump?

spectras only
06-13-2001, 11:53 AM
you would have a nice sushi for lunch!

bilgewiper
06-13-2001, 12:11 PM
Squirt, I did rev it up to at least 2800-3000 to get on plane before I felt vibration. And then I idled all the way back to dock to pull fish out and thats the one that "Survived", Go figure!?! I don't think anything wants to go through the pump thats spinning that fast except water or air. Heck little twigs won't blow through either. Makes me dizzy just thinking about the ride around a pump at 3000rpm.
Ethan

spectras only
06-13-2001, 12:42 PM
I'll bet the friends of that fish say what a fishy story when he tells them of it's ordeal ,hehe.

froggystyle
06-13-2001, 02:16 PM
Yeah, but he is lucky they aren't calling him "chum". http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif