PDA

View Full Version : Insurance for a CAT

Kahuna
01-27-2005, 03:06 PM
Here is how I can get insurance for a CAT. I need to drive a few high power cats this year, probably no more that a few yards. This way when I tell the isurance guy that I have experience driving high power cats and I will not be technically lying. I love the Catch 22 that you have to have experince in a cat to get insurance but you can't get insurance to get the cat. :hammerhea

CornWater
01-27-2005, 03:14 PM
Here is how I can get insurance for a CAT. I need to drive a few high power cats this year, probably no more that a few yards. This way when I tell the isurance guy that I have experience driving high power cats and I will not be technically lying. I love the Catch 22 that you have to have experince in a cat to get insurance but you can't get insurance to get the cat. :hammerhea
Word.. :jawdrop:

Kilrtoy
01-27-2005, 03:38 PM
I never heard that one before...

jackpunx
01-27-2005, 03:39 PM
they ask you if you have insurance.. you have to fill out a resume..

Kahuna
01-27-2005, 06:18 PM
The insurance guy I was talking to told me that a guy wanted to get a 36 Nortec CAT had he couldn't because he could not get insurance. That suxs that you can afford a boat like that but can't get insurance. :mad:

Kilrtoy
01-27-2005, 06:55 PM
What insurance guy was this.....

shadow
01-27-2005, 07:59 PM
Pretty common that they ask about all previous boats owned and for how long.Type hull,size,HP,etc.Also they will sak about any boating saftey courses.Theres no way that they can know of all or any of your previous boats owned or driven.They just ask and write down whatever you tell them.
As far as boating safety courses i would imagine you get a completion cert.Any previous experience or course certifacations will help,unless you are trying to insure some big HP.Then it's just gonna cost ya $$$$.

new F29
01-27-2005, 08:22 PM
Start with a vee, then a 25/26 cat then move on up.

Daytona100
01-27-2005, 08:39 PM
Went threw the same thing when I started calling around for insurance for my cat. A little bullshitting goes along ways. We got cancelled three times before I even put the boat in the water. When you do find someone to insure you pay for at least a year premiums at a time. Also had to have a letter from eliminator stateing the boat wont go over 80mph. Pretty much a pain in the ass and a constant battle to have real insureance. :cry: :cry: :cry:

BADASS38CHEVY
01-27-2005, 08:46 PM
Here is how I can get insurance for a CAT. I need to drive a few high power cats this year, probably no more that a few yards. This way when I tell the isurance guy that I have experience driving high power cats and I will not be technically lying. I love the Catch 22 that you have to have experince in a cat to get insurance but you can't get insurance to get the cat. :hammerheaYou must of be talking to markel insurance company ! They suck.