PDA

View Full Version : Paint?

Apollo
02-05-2002, 07:30 PM
The guy that's painting my boat called today and said to go ahead and get my paint. I was going with chroma-1 but the folks at the paint store said it would be better to use emron on a boat,that it would hold up better. What do you guys think as far as paint goes?

squirts
02-05-2002, 08:15 PM
Imron 333 is a marine paint. I have used it and I like the flexabilty it provides. Its a 2 part mix that holds up great. Just make sure you put a clear coat on top. Imron also makes a clear coat add a little pearl and it really does look good.

JETBOAT BRIAN
02-05-2002, 08:25 PM
Chroma system is an acrylic urethane
Imrom although rather deadly to breath is a true polyurethane .World of difference between the two with the true polys being stronger,more flexable and harder. Down side is true poly's are diffucult to buff because they dri so hard and so fast You need a confident painter !

Hallett19
02-07-2002, 10:02 AM
does anyone have a round-about price for painting a 19 footer and how the quality comes out, durability, shine, temp in the sun ?????? you get the idea

oldphart
02-08-2002, 05:00 PM
Chroma 1 is harder than hell and difficult to buff at best. Imron just doesn't flow as well. I use Chroma 1 for the bottom and chroma base coat clear coat for the top half. You will have $800-$1000.00 in materials if you dont go crazy on colors. there is a pro shop in town here that charges $600.00 to spray cure and buff in a down draft booth if you have it all prepped.

Kwicherbichen
02-09-2002, 01:43 AM
I would say just go to www.havasubarney.com (http://www.havasubarney.com) and get a new gel job. His prices are very reasonable.