PDA

View Full Version : DCB Versus Eliminator

SuperWrench0166
07-10-2003, 03:10 PM
Ok i am a head mechanic for the largest privatley owned road contractor in SC. The owner of the company does not freqyent this board but he has asked for my help an opinons. he is looking at the 30 to 36 foot range he wants canopies for sure. This boat will be pleasure and poker run boat. dave has called him but he is unsure of teh dcb name. my thought was if he could talk to either charley or someone else that had first hand experience it may be helpful. i need soem feed back and if any one would be willing to talk direectly to him for or againt elimanor or dcb. we have a 1 800 at work just sometimes its hard to get teh owner till after 1 EST any help would be appreciated at least i get to hot rod the new avalanche for tow vehicle duties cant wait to put the wipple on the 8.1

Three Days Only
07-10-2003, 03:13 PM
DCB, all the way, over delaminator.
Sounds like maybe he should look at Skater, MTI, Spectre or Nor-Tech. (Those are the bad boys!!!)

mbrown2
07-10-2003, 04:03 PM
Just the fact that Dave called him directly should tell you something.
I don't hear of Bob Leach or Peter Hledin doing that much..

Havasu Hangin'
07-10-2003, 04:05 PM
Here we go again...where is "team checkers" to defend thier honor?

Skullinator
07-10-2003, 04:21 PM
I Agree with three days only Look @ the big Boys Toys from the east. MTI & SKATER woud be my first choice then Hustler 377 Talon, NOR -TECH and Spectre.These guys are just so proven and located close.

Jrocket
07-10-2003, 04:59 PM
36 Daytona :D

Havasu Hangin'
07-10-2003, 05:01 PM
Havasu Hangin':
Here we go again...where is "team checkers" to defend thier honor? Jrocket:
36 Daytona There's one.

Donnie
07-10-2003, 05:12 PM
Eliminator all the way!! :D
Stay away from them D amn C onceited B astards :p
J/K guys wink

Havasu Hangin'
07-10-2003, 05:23 PM
Havasu Hangin':
36 Daytona There's one.
Donnie:
Stay away from them D amn C onceited B astards..There's two.

HighRoller
07-10-2003, 05:48 PM
Hey HH pass the popcorn and a diet Coke.We need to pass the time til Charley sees this thread.Then the rumble will be on!!
The Delaminators vs. the DamnConceitedBastards

DogHouse
07-10-2003, 06:00 PM
39 MTI, a pair of 750 ci Sonnys pro-stock motors with turbos/efi, and some Arnesons. That would rock...
:D
ps: DCB & Eliminator? Hahahaha, not even in the same league! wink

Jrocket
07-10-2003, 06:33 PM
DogHouse:
39 MTI, a pair of 750 ci Sonnys pro-stock motors with turbos/efi, and some Arnesons. That would rock...
ps: DCB & Eliminator? Hahahaha, not even in the same league! wink Put a set of #6 drives on it and Ill take one. :D

DogHouse
07-10-2003, 06:49 PM
Jrocket:
Put a set of #6 drives on it and Ill take one. :D Now why would you want to go and f_ck up a perfectly good boat like that? :D

dcb carrera
07-10-2003, 06:55 PM
Eliminator's are nice for a second boat asked mbrown2. Nobody would really want one for their main boat :D

unleashed
07-10-2003, 06:58 PM
Well, Bob Teague just bought a 29 DCB so that may give you an indication of a good direction to go. I mean given all the boats he has test driven he picked Charleys boat as his favorite.
I get my Force 32 soon so I will be able to chime in on what they have to offer. But right now I'd lean towards the DCB as far as west coast builders go.
Question is if he is trying to make a statement why not get a Skater or MTI or is he trying to be different???
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) devil

Jrocket
07-10-2003, 07:11 PM
DogHouse:
Jrocket:
Put a set of #6 drives on it and Ill take one. :D Now why would you want to go and f_ck up a perfectly good boat like that? :D Your right,they take up too much power.Ill take the Alpha one instead!! :D

DogHouse
07-10-2003, 07:16 PM
unleashed:
Question is if he is trying to make a statement why not get a Skater or MTI or is he trying to be different???
I think it boils down to the intended usage. The west coast design philosophy makes for a very nice "play" boat, bigger cockpits, more seating, center pod for ski lockers and better turning and load carrying capability, etc. DCB and Eliminator make really great river/lake hot rods. But, if you want to be the top dawg or go offshore racing, then I think the Skaters and MTIs really come into their own. There are subtle differences that add up to better overall performance. Tunnel depth makes for better rough water capability. The shape of the top deck makes for better aerodynamics, especially in the case of the MTI where that big funny looking hump in back will actually create lift at the rear of the boat and make the boat faster. The materials and construction are better as well. Vacuum bagging, full balsa coring, "S" glass, Kevlar, and (I think) epoxy are part of the standard layup routine for the big boys and make for a stronger and lighter structure. Of course that's also why they get several hundred large for a bare hull!
Well that's my spin on it at least. So there!

unleashed
07-10-2003, 07:52 PM
Thats a good spin doghouse.
Deano

playdeep
07-10-2003, 07:55 PM
Damn,Has it already gone past the required 30 days (***boat.com reg.3,article6b)since the last DCB vs. Eliminator dust up... :D
You have enthusiasts(Zealots?)on both sides,so the best avenue would be to examine all of the above brands(that's where the fun is anyway)and decide for yourself...
btw,HH I won 10 bucks from a fellow board member w/your checker's reference...thanks :D
You gonna be in Havasu 18-20?

Havasu Hangin'
07-10-2003, 08:03 PM
Havasu Hangin':
36 Daytona There's one.
Donnie:
playdeep:
You have enthusiasts(Zealots?)on both sides......and three.
playdeep:
btw,HH I won 10 bucks from a fellow board member w/your checker's reference...thanks :D
You gonna be in Havasu 18-20? Where's my split?
Actually, I think out trip is delayed until 8/8. Minor detail- steering won't be ready...
You gonna be around? My boat has these ugly things on it...I think they're called "water spots".

mbrown2
07-10-2003, 09:43 PM
dcb/carrera:
Eliminator's are nice for a second boat asked mbrown2. Nobody would really want one for their main boat :D :) :D :) eek!

Three Days Only
07-10-2003, 09:50 PM
Go Skater, and say c-ya later!!!!!!

kanedog
07-11-2003, 12:04 AM
one of the above mentioned companies has something the other one doesnt-horrible,horrible customer service.

Freak
07-11-2003, 03:41 AM
Since DCB is on the west coast and you are on the east like me, taking it back to the shop for some reason presents a real problem. That is the only reason I see not to get one. Like the other guys stated check out some east coast rigs. You cant go wrong with Skater or MTI. Especially in big water. How about this bad ass MOFO http://forums.***boat.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=000993 or http://forums.***boat.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=000994
[ July 11, 2003, 04:45 AM: Message edited by: Freak ]

THOR
07-11-2003, 05:29 AM
mbrown2:
Just the fact that Dave called him directly should tell you something.
I don't hear of Bob Leach or Peter Hledin doing that much.. Bob does a ton of shit for his customers that never makes the boards. I know what all the facts here are 100% correct and since all the DCB and Cordova owners back them, they must be the shit.

Mr. Science
07-11-2003, 06:06 AM
OK....Pop a frosty and get the popcorn fellaz.
We ran a 32 Force at the NYC Poker Run in June and took 11th position. Fantastic huil, great build quality and awesome OVERALL performance. The Big Bonus is a non telephone number boat. We will have video footage very soon and Force Offshore is having a commercial made of the boat running against all the other MFG's. The other boats are great machines but have gotten way out hand in their pricing putting them out of reach to most consumers. We ran a modest twin 650HP NA boat that whooped 120 other big money big power boats. Force will have 37 foot deep sponson canopy poker run edition boat available next summer. Definately worth a hard look.

HavasuDreamin'
07-11-2003, 06:12 AM
Team Checkers all the way. wink In reality, both mfg.'s build some of the best boats around. You can't go wrong either way. :)

25 Eagle
07-11-2003, 06:43 AM
Checkers... gotta luv 'em. Tell your buddy to buy a Skater.

Havasu Hangin'
07-11-2003, 08:51 AM
Havasu Hangin':
36 Daytona There's one.
Donnie:
playdeep:
THOR:
Bob does a ton of shit for his customers that never makes the boards....and four.
HavasuDreamin':
Team Checkers all the way....and five.
25 Eagle:
Checkers... gotta luv 'em. Tell your buddy to buy a Skater. ...er...five and a half.

riverliver
07-11-2003, 09:52 AM
http://www.eliminatorboat.com/_images/Header.gif
Make that 6 1/2

unleashed
07-11-2003, 09:53 AM
Well I have to chime in once again. I just saw the video of the NY Poker run and the Force 32 kicked some ass. I know its not a race but try telling that to all the participants who routinally bring in the big power to these events. I think for the money and performance you can't go wrong with the new Force 32. Superwrench you might want to talk with your boss and have them call East Coast Force and take a ride in one.
Deano

THOR
07-11-2003, 10:12 AM
Havasu Hangin':
Havasu Hangin':
36 Daytona There's one.
Donnie:
playdeep:
THOR:
Bob does a ton of shit for his customers that never makes the boards....and four.
HavasuDreamin':
25 Eagle:
Checkers... gotta luv 'em. Tell your buddy to buy a Skater. ...er...five and a half. Does Dave personally go on rides with his customers? Does he deliver boats where the customers want them? I honestly dont know.
Enlighten us HH. wink

mbrown2
07-11-2003, 10:29 AM
THOR:
Havasu Hangin':
Havasu Hangin':
36 Daytona There's one.
Donnie:
playdeep:
THOR:
HavasuDreamin':
25 Eagle:
Checkers... gotta luv 'em. Tell your buddy to buy a Skater. ...er...five and a half. Does Dave personally go on rides with his customers? Does he deliver boats where the customers want them? I honestly dont know.
Enlighten us HH. wink Yes and Yes...and talking to some of the east coast owners...one was delivered perfect but when they were craning between the hauler and trailer, it received some Gel damage...Dave flew a Gel guy out to repair...Another guy did not think his boat was perfect, so he was flown out to DCB to watch his boat go back through all phases to insure it was perfect.

mbrown2
07-11-2003, 10:32 AM
BTW, I have an Eliminator and have dealt with their customer service, its OK...they are not even on the same Planet as DCB...its nice boat, questionable rigging, but just one of several hundred customers a year...

jm2drvr
07-11-2003, 10:45 AM
Since charley is not here yet, I will speek up...I have never dealt with delaminator, oops I mean eliminator, so I can't say anything bad about their products...I can tell you from first hand experience that Dave will take complete care of your needs from start to finish. He will personaly answer all your questions, he will return all your phone calls and e-mails, and make you feel like a one of a kind customer. I will most definately be a return customer myself...It was the most painless 100k that I have ever spent. I haven't even touched on the fact that his finished product is absolutely perfect in all respects...good luck on your boss's purchase

Reaper1
07-11-2003, 11:38 AM
You can't go wrong with a DCB!
Jm2 - Do you own Islands in Foothill Ranch? If so, right on! I eat there all the time.

Mr. Science
07-11-2003, 11:55 AM
RD - I am very aware of the definition of the term POKER RUN. In this neck of the woods some of them are a "RACE" cloked under the term Poker Run. Full blown balls to the wall RUN IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT. In particular the NYC run. This run contains a 15 mile "SPRINT or "DASH" from the Tappan Zee Bridge to the George Washington Bridge. The Boats are officialy ranked and posted. I sent Deano some shots of the hardware that participated in this feature NPBA event. He posted some of them on another thread. I have tried to keep it informative without listing who got there a##'s kicked by the FORCE 32. It was clear to many how well this boat performed. A poker run is many different events depending on the region, the people who enter them and the people promoting them. The common thread is a card hand. I'll leave it at that.

LevoeDCB22
07-11-2003, 12:16 PM
Last year about this time I went into Eliminator to look at a daytona... They looked at me like a kid with no money and didnt say a word to me for the 45 min I was there looking at all their stuff. Went to Force who did the same thing, and I even rode my Harley I was selling to get the boat down payment so they would think I had some ching... It didnt work. When I finally made the drive to Daves, he introduced himself right when I walked in the door and started showing me his boats... I was on a ride in a Mach 22 within 2 hours at a local lake, and was signing on the dotted line within 4... A year later the 22 is back at Daves, a Mach 26 is on the way, and I wont go anywhere else. The 22 I bought used, broke a bravo 1 on my 3rd trip out and he flew one of the boys out with an XR to get me back on the water. I didnt expect the treatment I got, and Im thinking thats why people buy Daves boats, because in all ways, his boats and service exceed expectations.

mbrown2
07-11-2003, 12:25 PM
LevoeDCB22:
a Mach 26 is on the wayhttp://philtranfa.com/images/funny/smiles/clap.gif http://philtranfa.com/images/funny/smiles/thumbsup.gif Keep us posted with the progress
[ July 11, 2003, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: mbrown2 ]

kab
07-11-2003, 12:49 PM
FUNNY THING YOU GUYS ALL GET GREAT SERVICE FROM DAVE, I HAVE BOUGHT A BOAT FROM DAVE FOR THE LAST FOURS YEARS AND I HAVE NEVER RECEIVED SUCH SERVICE. I TOOK MY MACH 26 OUT THE FIRST TIME TO HAVASU IT WOULDN'T START I COULDN'T EVEN GET DAVE ON THE PHONE. I'M TRYING TO SELL MY MACH 22 RIGHT NOW, I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM DAVE AND I CALLED HIM FOUR WEEKS AGO. MUST NOT BE A GOOD CUSTOMER.

jm2drvr
07-11-2003, 12:57 PM
Hey reaper, next time your in Islands, say hello. You can't miss me, I'm the tall guy...jm2=Bryan...see you there

Cat & Mice
07-11-2003, 01:40 PM
I will just stick to my experiance with both builders.
Eliminator
+1.Bob has always takin care of me and I have had my share of problems.
-1.I have had my share of problems
+1 Eliminator's seem to be faster with same power then the DCB
+1 Elim. can build a boat way faster and they will do what it takes to get you on the water For a big weekend
-1 They don't seem very good at the details
+1 Eliminator is better known and easy to sell.
+1 I love to goto the Elim. Regatta
-1 Thet nickle and dime you if you want the boat right
+1 They do great gell work
-1 you need to babysite them to make sure you get what you want.
Elim. total =3
DCB (I have not owned a DCB but have tryed to 3 times)
+2 they are the best rigged boats on the west coast
-1 Dave has been slippery on the price (he once backed out of a deal he already agreed to)
+1 Dave is a good guy and he try's hard
-1 They are slower (it seems the 29 has been running very well and could be the first to compete)
-1 more expensive
+1 they don't nickle and dime you because they will do it right to begin with
+2 You don't need to babysite these guys, if you leave them alone they will still build you a very cool boat
DCB Score =3
That being said if I where going to buy a new boat it would be the DCB 29
Pyle
p.s. I wrote this on a tablet pc without a keyboard. and it is a pain

Reaper1
07-11-2003, 02:16 PM
jm2drvr:
Hey reaper, next time your in Islands, say hello. You can't miss me, I'm the tall guy...jm2=Bryan...see you there We'll do. :cool:

bear down
07-11-2003, 03:22 PM
kab:
FUNNY THING YOU GUYS ALL GET GREAT SERVICE FROM DAVE, I HAVE BOUGHT A BOAT FROM DAVE FOR THE LAST FOURS YEARS AND I HAVE NEVER RECEIVED SUCH SERVICE. I TOOK MY MACH 26 OUT THE FIRST TIME TO HAVASU IT WOULDN'T START I COULDN'T EVEN GET DAVE ON THE PHONE. I'M TRYING TO SELL MY MACH 22 RIGHT NOW, I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM DAVE AND I CALLED HIM FOUR WEEKS AGO. MUST NOT BE A GOOD CUSTOMER. I think receiving good customer service is all relative. As LevoeDCB22 Stated about his experience we first dealt with the same problem as well at Eliminator when we first started looking at boat and were unsure what we wanted. I think the root of the problem is a gentleman that I shall leave nameless and I have had other people had the same experience as well with this guy, I think you pretty much have to look and be big $$$ with this guy to get any type of service. But the next time my wife and I came in our sales guy Dan Alberts took over from there. He did answered all of our questions and once we signed the paper work for the boat he did all of the follow ups. Whenever we had a request or an issue he would resolve it that same day and call us back, he would always deal with the right people himself and not leave any work to be done by us. Bob Leach was there when our boat was taking out of the mold and thanked us for our business and when we came in to check on the boat and Bob happened to be there he made a point to walk with us a few times to check on the progress and answer any questions we had. I believe that having a great sales guy who works for you is what makes the boat purchasing experience easy. If we would have seen that first salesman again that we had dealt with before we might have been in another boat today. We have referred 3 people to Dan Alberts and all have received the same level of service on all of their boat purchases. Every boat manufacturer has some level of questionable service it just depends what number you draw.
[ July 11, 2003, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: bear down ]

Havasu Hangin'
07-11-2003, 03:38 PM
Havasu Hangin':
36 Daytona There's one.
Donnie:
playdeep:
THOR:
HavasuDreamin':
25 Eagle:
Checkers... gotta luv 'em. Tell your buddy to buy a Skater. ...er...five and a half.
riverliver:
http://www.eliminatorboat.com/_images/Header.gif
Make that 6 1/2 No...that's seven.
bear down:
I think the root of the problem is a gentleman that I shall leave nameless and I have had other people had the same experience as well with this guy, I think you pretty much have to look and be big $$$ with this guy to get any type of service.Uh...seven and a quarter.
THOR:
Enlighten us HH.Hey man...I'm not getting in the middle- I'm just keeping score. You "Team Checkers" guys can get pretty defensive...
Although, I'd say you guys are pretty weak on this thread...the "lunchbox crew" has a coverboy and a new passion...better get busy.
kab:
FUNNY THING YOU GUYS ALL GET GREAT SERVICE FROM DAVE...Maybe Dave doesn't like caps?

Jrocket
07-11-2003, 07:27 PM
kab:
FUNNY THING YOU GUYS ALL GET GREAT SERVICE FROM DAVE, I HAVE BOUGHT A BOAT FROM DAVE FOR THE LAST FOURS YEARS AND I HAVE NEVER RECEIVED SUCH SERVICE. I TOOK MY MACH 26 OUT THE FIRST TIME TO HAVASU IT WOULDN'T START I COULDN'T EVEN GET DAVE ON THE PHONE. I'M TRYING TO SELL MY MACH 22 RIGHT NOW, I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM DAVE AND I CALLED HIM FOUR WEEKS AGO. MUST NOT BE A GOOD CUSTOMER. Kab,
I feel the same way.I bought a used DCB and have tried numerous times to get a hold of Dave and or get replys from him.NO such luck.I really dont feel like turning this into a pissing match with Dave but I'll just say that I'm seriously biting my tongue holding back my frustration at him. :mad:

playdeep
07-11-2003, 08:06 PM
MR.Science...
If you really want to promote Force...You might want to just sit back and smile benignly while Deano gives us the heads up on them,he is a good guy and I would actually listen to him...
Your periodic infomercial type posts reek of smugness..I think that us westerners are a bit more savvy than you think...

Jrocket
07-11-2003, 08:13 PM
Mr. Science,
It took me along time to calm down the anti-Force crowd in here.I took some serious beatings for Force.Do me a favor and done get them fired back up. :D

THOR
07-11-2003, 08:54 PM
mbrown2:
BTW, I have an Eliminator and have dealt with their customer service, its OK...they are not even on the same Planet as DCB...its nice boat, questionable rigging, but just one of several hundred customers a year... This rigging shit is all I here about DCB. Who gives a flying **** how many zip ties are around the wires. Really.

THOR
07-11-2003, 08:58 PM
kab:
FUNNY THING YOU GUYS ALL GET GREAT SERVICE FROM DAVE, I HAVE BOUGHT A BOAT FROM DAVE FOR THE LAST FOURS YEARS AND I HAVE NEVER RECEIVED SUCH SERVICE. I TOOK MY MACH 26 OUT THE FIRST TIME TO HAVASU IT WOULDN'T START I COULDN'T EVEN GET DAVE ON THE PHONE. I'M TRYING TO SELL MY MACH 22 RIGHT NOW, I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM DAVE AND I CALLED HIM FOUR WEEKS AGO. MUST NOT BE A GOOD CUSTOMER. Well this is wierd. I have heard nothing bad about DCB, except for this. This is a point I am trying to make. DCBs are as bitchin as a boat can be, but one bad word and everyone thinks Dave can be an idiot. This is the same shit as Eliminator. Just because the showroom floor is busy as hell, it doesnt constitute a lack of service; they are just busy. I have been there plenty of times when they have been swamped. Big deal. Go in to the shop, browse around and take a look at how many zip ties they are using to pass judgement on their rigging.

Havasu Hangin'
07-11-2003, 09:34 PM
THOR:
...Big deal. Go in to the shop, browse around and take a look at how many zip ties they are using to pass judgement on their rigging. You are already counted (no need to get the blood pressure up).

25 Eagle
07-12-2003, 07:40 AM
Dam this is some scary shit. No one ever says anything bad about DAVE. I think you guys may have really started something here, kind of like pissing off the Pope. Cardinal Charley will probably write a nice long sermon defending the Church Of DCB and you two are sure to be excommunicated. This is soooo bad!

THOR
07-12-2003, 07:49 AM
Easy now, HH will zip tie you mouth shut once and for all. :D

Mrs.909er
07-12-2003, 12:09 PM
We do not even own a DCB and Dave is really nice to us. We went with the Sandbar Junkies to see their boat a couple times...and when we were out in Havasu he recognized us and went out of his way to come over and say hi to our family. We have seen Dave put on a scuba mask and a snorkle in the channel to work on Charlies boat. He even works on his day off. Even offered to tow the boat back for Charlie. Dave has awesome customer service if you ask me. For those of you that have had a problem with him, I'm sure you wouldn't be bugging him if you called him a couple more times. And I'm sure he'd apoligize. Just my .02

Charley
07-12-2003, 02:02 PM
Dave is not perfect guys, but he has treated me and my family in a way I can only describe as "stellar" . Kab I'm sorry to hear that Dave hasn't been as helpful with you as you might expect, but I might ask that if you or anyone else has had any issues in the last 2 months with "hearing back" from him, Cut him a little extra slack. He lost his father recently and I'm sure that has affected his business and personal life in a big way. Thor... I like you man but if you think zip ties is what sets DCB apart in the rigging department you need to do a little more research. ANY boat can be rigged like a DCB and I mean ANY boat, even a bayliner!! The part that deserves credit and recognition is that EVERY DCB seems to be rigged well..DCB isn't the end all, hands down perfect boat..They are just a great choice...They certainly deserve to be at the top of my list and if you compared them to the rest of the boats on your short list they at least deserve respect/ my.02

Sandbar Junkies
07-12-2003, 08:12 PM
EVERYONE KNOWS DCB WINS BY A ZIP TIE. :D E-SOMETHING does make a nice boat but it's the small things that sets DCB apart the Seat Mount the Swim steps and the cool people that own them. :D

THOR
07-13-2003, 09:42 AM
I have honestly never heard anything bad about DCB, ever. Eliminator, on the other hand, has rumors about how you are treated if you dont plan on spending a ton of money. I have never experienced that, but I know people who have and I can only take their word for it.
I wish I could get a new cat now but I just cant. Moving into the new crib has put a hamper on things, especially the toys.

Jrocket
07-13-2003, 09:47 AM
Thor,dont get me wrong.I think my DCB is an awesome built boat and performs very well.I just dont care for the customer service that I get from there.I get blown off way to much for me to want another boat from them,even though they have one of the top boats out there in my opinion.

Havasu Hangin'
07-13-2003, 09:50 AM
THOR:
I have honestly never heard anything bad about DCB, ever. Eliminator, on the other hand, has rumors about how you are treated if you dont plan on spending a ton of money.I just want to quote this for future reference.
I'll take a 1/2 vote back for that, so now "Team Checkers" is down to six and three quarters.
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/1/happy03.gif

Mr. Science
07-13-2003, 10:50 AM
playdeep -
1. I don't have to promote FORCE they do a great job of that themselves and the product speaks for itself.
2. I'm not a "sit back and smile benignly" type.
3. Don't suggest what I might or should do.
4. My posts are fair and true and reek factual information not "smugness" as you suggest.
5. If you don't like my postings DON"T READ THEM!
6. This is not a EAST - WEST thing so stop trying to make it one.
7. Not once did I say, suggest or imply that westerns were not savvy. STOP putting words in my mouth. I am capable of speaking for myself thank you. :mad:
Jrocket -
1. Why is there an anti-Force croud to begin with? :confused:
2. Why did you take "beatings" about Force boats? :confused:
3. Why would THEY get "fired up" about posting about a boat that is oustanding, has proven it and is fairly priced. :confused: That makes no sense at all.
4. As I understand it...Thses type of boards are to educate and relay real life everyday experiences to help others make good decisions, answer questions and provide guidence to those who seek it. Please correct me if I'm wrong. :rolleyes:

Jrocket
07-13-2003, 11:11 AM
Well anti-Force isnt actually what I meant.It was more of an inside joke between some of us.Back in the beginning of Force,some people used to get in here and really promote Force in the wrong way.Multiple screen names and throwing bull shit around.Now all of that has gone and just the happy owners and some people questioning about buying the boats is all that is left.Theres nothing wrong with being proud of the boat you personally own,but lets not get the Force war going again.Thats all Im trying to say. :)

Starloans
07-13-2003, 11:46 AM
Charley's right.
Dave lost his father recently and I think it was very unexpected. :( He took a couple of weeks to deal and also had a major project (F29, F34?) with engine issues. A lot of shit. For those who didn't get their call returned, myself included, give him some slack. My boat fell 30 days behind also. He's back on track now. You guys know the quality, give him another call. I went into the deal expecting some delays therefore I wasn't too broke up about it.
My boat is out of the mold now. :D Here it is. Thought about going with HP500 but decieded to go with the 525 for power. Not real big into blowers or anything.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/438MVC-002F-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/438MVC-001F-med.JPG

jlnorthrup122
07-13-2003, 11:52 AM
Me Likey!! :D

Mr. Science
07-13-2003, 01:28 PM
Jrocket - Thanks for the advise and insight.
We'll keep it a war free zone :D :D

Charley
07-13-2003, 01:53 PM
Mr Science,
I think the problem I have with your opinions is that you have a vested and financial interest in Force. Correct me if I'm wrong but you are the East Coast dealer.....correcto? So Playdeep and others(myself included)would prefer to get our info re:Force from a Guy who doesn't try to sell them to make a buck....not to mention Deano is a damned cool guy wink

WetWillie
07-13-2003, 03:25 PM
Starloans:
Charley's right.
Dave lost his father recently and I think it was very unexpected. :( He took a couple of weeks to deal and also had a major project (F29, F34?) with engine issues. A lot of shit. For those who didn't get their call returned, myself included, give him some slack. My boat fell 30 days behind also. He's back on track now. You guys know the quality, give him another call. I went into the deal expecting some delays therefore I wasn't too broke up about it.
My boat is out of the mold now. :D Here it is. Thought about going with HP500 but decieded to go with the 525 for power. Not real big into blowers or anything.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/438MVC-001F-med.JPG StarLoans GREAT looking boat!!
Please keep us all posted with LOTS pictures of its progress!
WW

kab
07-14-2003, 06:03 AM
Charley you are right on. I know Dave's father passed away. Dave went out of his way to get my river house number and give me a call this weekend, too bad i had a little too much to drink. Heck we might even make a deal for a new Mach 26. I know no matter where you buy your boat from certain customers are never happy.

Charley
07-14-2003, 07:03 AM
Thats cool Kab, sometimes if someone from the boards is feeling like they got done wrong by DCB I will give Dave the heads up, but I didn't with you....he must have called on his own. I feel bad when it happens, cause I know Dave isn't trying to ignore anybody but sometimes our lives get too full to pay attention to everything. I spoke with Dave the other day about the powerboat cover and he seemed very tense... frown

kab
07-14-2003, 07:14 AM
Dave is a very hard working individual. I think sometimes he has too much on his plate and then he had a tragic event that put even more on him. I think sometimes as customers we expect more from someone than maybe they can give. Dave handles all the day to day operations at DCB and all customers.

mbrown2
07-14-2003, 08:58 AM
THOR:
mbrown2:
BTW, I have an Eliminator and have dealt with their customer service, its OK...they are not even on the same Planet as DCB...its nice boat, questionable rigging, but just one of several hundred customers a year... This rigging shit is all I here about DCB. Who gives a flying **** how many zip ties are around the wires. Really. I did not mention zip ties, but between the two boats and about 30 hours use, I never had to tighten a thing on the DCB, spent half hour each trip tightening down bolts on the Eliminator and looking for woodscrews that have fallen out...This is a 1997 Eliminator so its not like old either. My 2002 DCB never lost any bolts/screws...My buddy's 1997 24 DCB Extreme which is the same apples to apples boat as the Eliminator has again not lost screws/bolts..
[ July 14, 2003, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: mbrown2 ]

Havasu Cig
07-14-2003, 01:01 PM
Make sure everything is in writing and don't put the $$$ up front!!

Three Days Only
07-14-2003, 03:21 PM
Charley:
Mr Science,
I think the problem I have with your opinions is that you have a vested and financial interest in Force. Correct me if I'm wrong but you are the East Coast dealer.....correcto? So Playdeep and others(myself included)would prefer to get our info re:Force from a Guy who doesn't try to sell them to make a buck....not to mention Deano is a damned cool guy wink YOU GOT TO LOVE A GUY THAT CAN TELL IT LIKE IT IS. YOU GO CHARLEY

25 Eagle
07-14-2003, 08:29 PM
Well there must be a few good Eliminators out there, DAVE used to rig 'em. Maybe he did mine, I haven't found any screws falling out, but I did have to get my nail set and pound in a half dozen or so pesky nail heads poping through the gel. Looks better now with a little wood filler over them. Still looking for his autograph in the bildge though. Keep up the great work DAVE, ya make the best boat on the planet, and service second to none.

XTRM22
07-16-2003, 05:53 AM
I'm really not qualified to talk about DCB's service after the sale is complete, because in 6 years and 340+ hours my 22' Extreme hasn't needed any! I've done my basic maintenance, and made some repairs that were caused by abuse and I haven't ever had a problem. ANybody that's ever seen the first Heatwave poker run video knows how hard I push my slow little Vee, and there are no loose screws, or spider webs in the gelcoat. I'm pretty sure I own the slowest cheapest boat DCB ever built, but they still treat me like one of their "good customers". When Dave found out we were putting togather the unofficial DCB owners regatta he stepped right up without asking and gave us a generous amount of t-shirts,hats and other stuff to give away. Somebody posted "who cares how many zip ties get used", my answer is that it's all about where you draw the line. If the wireing is just average but the hull is fast and pretty is that good enough? or if the hull is Solid but the gel work is just average is that good enough? for me I like to see the quality everywhere I happen to look, from the gel work, to the engine rigging to the wiring behind the dash, and it's worth every penny to me to have it.
I am brand loyal and the only time I'll sell my 22' Extreme, will be to buy a 28' Extreme, and Dave got pretty much right back to me on a price and details when I asked him, including possibley taking the 22' in on trade. Wow, that was a speach wasn't it? wink oh well what do you expect from the original DCB Lunch box owner! :D :p :D
Chuck

Havasu Cig
07-16-2003, 07:13 AM
Glad to hear he stepped up for you Chuck...You are definitely one of his most loyal customers. Maybe he is starting to realize some of the mistakes he has made in the past.
I have had some problems with Dave in the past, and I will say that he offered to make things right the last time I saw him at Havasu, but I think in my case it is to late. Glad to hear he is taking care of you guys. :cool:
[ July 16, 2003, 08:15 AM: Message edited by: Havasu Cig ]

boxscore
07-17-2003, 04:37 PM
Hey Starloans! Was at DCB today and saw your boat firsthand. Your ride looks sweet. The pics you posted don't quite tell the whole story. The yellow pins just set it off big time. Don't know if I'd have the guts to throw yellow pins at my rig, but you did and it turned out fabulous, cool and original. My only wish is that my boat was as far along as yours! Good Luck!

Starloans
07-17-2003, 07:45 PM
Hey thanks Box. Yeah the pic doesn't show the outline yellow at all. I just wanted a little zip to the blue and grey. It dosen't make me look to GAY does it? eek! I'll have to invite all the chicks I know first time out. Wait a minute I'll have to invite all the chicks I know EVERYTIME! devil I've only seen it out of the mold once. I'm always working trying to pay for the damn thing. I only live 25 minutes away.
So do ya think a 525 will have enough juice?

BoatFloating
07-17-2003, 08:28 PM
Jrocket:
Well anti-Force isnt actually what I meant.It was more of an inside joke between some of us.Back in the beginning of Force,some people used to get in here and really promote Force in the wrong way.Multiple screen names and throwing bull shit around.Now all of that has gone and just the happy owners and some people questioning about buying the boats is all that is left.Theres nothing wrong with being proud of the boat you personally own,but lets not get the Force war going again.Thats all Im trying to say. :) Ya, Jrocket used to be the Force authority wink Then he went and bought a DCB so Charley would leave him alone. I really think Force has stepped up there game and are making some quality boats and quit playing board games under different screen names. I think that junk is in the past.

boxscore
07-18-2003, 06:48 AM
Starloans:
Hey thanks Box. Yeah the pic doesn't show the outline yellow at all. I just wanted a little zip to the blue and grey. It dosen't make me look to GAY does it? eek! I'll have to invite all the chicks I know first time out. Wait a minute I'll have to invite all the chicks I know EVERYTIME! devil I've only seen it out of the mold once. I'm always working trying to pay for the damn thing. I only live 25 minutes away.
So do ya think a 525 will have enough juice? Only live 25 mins away?....If I lived that close to DCB I'd appear GAY for slobbering over my unrigged hull every day! The 525 will suffice, er, or, that is until you whipple it when the warranty in up in a year. That's my plan with my 26. Perhaps we'll run into each other some time down there. Again, congrats on the boat. Andrew