PDA

View Full Version : Crate motor

harleypauls
01-29-2005, 10:45 AM
I think I have steeled on a motor for my 1975 Corvette. It's a GM Fast Burn 385. Anyone have any hook-ups for getting one. I can get it through the local Chevy dealer for $5101.00.
Thanks, Paul :cool:

canuck1
01-29-2005, 10:53 AM
I wouldn't buy the fast burn(again), you are paying a 1500 bucks just for the heads over the zz4. buy the zz4 or the zz4 short block and add a good set of heads(read better) and you will make more power

harleypauls
01-29-2005, 10:58 AM
Canuck1, what heads would you suggest? I want it to flat out fly, but it will only be used on sunny days, weekend excursions, occasional Vegas run.
Paul

canuck1
01-29-2005, 11:06 AM
I'll answer a question with one. What trans,gear,exhaust,carb do you plan to run? what fuel do you plan to run? what is the budget for this? Do the CARB nazis have to look at your ride?
The stock zz4 will take a beating, ask any river racer, but if you turn it up you will find the weak spots

Blown 472
01-29-2005, 11:10 AM
Canuck1, what heads would you suggest? I want it to flat out fly, but it will only be used on sunny days, weekend excursions, occasional Vegas run.
Paul
Oximoron?? flat out fly and run a chebbi? now that dont make no sense at all.

harleypauls
01-29-2005, 11:13 AM
I'll answer a question with one. What trans,gear,exhaust,carb do you plan to run? what fuel do you plan to run? what is the budget for this? Do the CARB nazis have to look at your ride?
The stock zz4 will take a beating, ask any river racer, but if you turn it up you will find the weak spots
Still in the design phase. I am open to suggestions.
As far as the CARB Nazi's, It's a 1975, so if it isn't exempt yet, it will be soon. I got the car for a steal, so I am not afraid to put some money in it, but I don't want ot waste money either. It is a play toy, so time is not a factor either. Budget.........what's that? i don't mind paying for something that is worth it.
Paul :cool:

canuck1
01-29-2005, 11:16 AM
Oximoron?? flat out fly and run a chebbi? now that dont make no sense at all.
Spice Boy is trying to be funny?

canuck1
01-29-2005, 11:32 AM
As far as the CARB Nazi's, It's a 1975, so if it isn't exempt yet, it will be soon. I got the car for a steal, so I am not afraid to put some money in it, but I don't want ot waste money either. It is a play toy, so time is not a factor either. Budget.........what's that? i don't mind paying for something that is worth it.
Two ways to go
1. buy a zz4 put a richmond 5 speed behind it and 308 gears. run it till it blows up(I run this combo on the road course)
2. call infomaniac and have him build you a 9 to 1 427 small block with the richmond and the 308's

schiada96
01-29-2005, 01:04 PM
It wont be exempt you Gov did that 30 year deal in with the stroke of the pen.

HCS
01-29-2005, 01:09 PM
I like the satisfaction of building my own motor. If your going to drop 5k I agree, have Info do it or build it yourself. Find a good speed machine shop and have at it.

Blown 472
01-29-2005, 02:03 PM
Spice Boy is trying to be funny?
Yet, another poor try at humor. :sleeping: