PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday FMluvswaterbabe

Boy Named Sue
01-29-2005, 01:11 PM
The funny thing is you gave me a present today that made me cry. I spent the morning at Christian's house and I am floored at what was going on there. It was quiet. The family was getting along and happy. Usually after thirty minutes I'm ready to get the hell out because of all the yelling, chaos, and stress. He started to act up just a little bit and his aunt grabbed him by the hands, held him while telling him why his behavior was wrong, and continued to hold him until he showed he was uncomfortable and then let him go and he behaved. Then she turned to me and said, "You know that really works! I heard that you do that to him so I tried it." This is a woman who would have started yelling at him and his mother, called him a retard and maybe even gave him a smack. The whole atmosphere of the house has changed. It was calm. They were polite to each other. There was no longer that rampaging elephant in the room. I hesitatingly took them out to breakfast, yes, Christian too (completely unthinkable two months ago.)
He behaved like a good 3 year old. Instead of people giving us dirty looks they came to the table and talked to us. I shit you not the waitress gave us her phone number because she wants to babysit for us tonight. WTF! This really happened!
The change all started when I pm'ed you and you took all that time to put that info together for me. I know I thanked you then but I had no idea what an impact it was to have on this family. You changed my attitude and behavior towards Christian, they picked up on it and now they've changed too. The impact was so great that tears were rolling down my cheeks all the way home. I can't believe this is the same child, and how his bad behavior was a reflection of what the adults were doing. One little PM had this much of an effect on a handful of lives. I'm still crying, it would break my heart to watch this little boy struggle with no help from his family, and now he's this charming guy who smiles instead of screams and his family is giving him the proper attention he always needed.
Thanks for taking that time to PM me back FM. Its your birthday but you couldn't wrap the present that you gave me today.
Still got a tear in my EYE ~ Suey

HCS
01-29-2005, 01:24 PM
Very nice. Happy Birthday FM.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
My boy is my life, I hold him under my arm everywhere I go and show him the world. It takes lots of patience to raise a child but worth every minute.
I can relate.

Boy Named Sue
01-29-2005, 01:45 PM
Very nice. Happy Birthday FM.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
My boy is my life, I hold him under my arm everywhere I go and show him the world. It takes lots of patience to raise a child but worth every minute.
I can relate.
Kids are way cool, you just have to love 'em. They're just little, they don't know. I can't even read my own post without blubbering. If you only knew. I'm starting to feel gay so I'm gonna go lurk on Bench Racers for a while. :supp: That made me laugh.
I still think your avatar looks like a shark.
Peace HC-Ski ~Suey

looky_lou
01-29-2005, 01:52 PM
Happy Bithday FM. :)

RiverKitty
01-29-2005, 02:51 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETY!!!
You have been an ablsolute treasure to this forum!!!
Now go kick up your heels and party like a ROCKSTAR!!!
WOOO HOOO!!!! :D
Just sending ya a little present for your birthday!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/414fmCard2005.jpg
Make sure you make good use of your present!!! :crossx:
(((Love, Hugs & Kisses)))
xoxoxox
Cheers ~RiverKitty :D

beer hunter
01-29-2005, 02:59 PM
Happy Birthday FM!!
http://www.theinsideline.net/forum/images/smilies/party-smiley-013.gif http://www.theinsideline.net/forum/images/smilies/party-smiley-013.gif http://www.theinsideline.net/forum/images/smilies/party-smiley-013.gif

Boy Named Sue
01-29-2005, 06:21 PM
if you post tonight FM you're fired...don't let us down.
Do something naughty and don't tell...

RiverKitty
01-29-2005, 06:23 PM
if you post tonight FM you're fired...don't let us down.
Do something naughty and don't tell...
NO! She should tell us in full detail and show pics!!! :crossx:
There may be much we can learn from her!!! :idea: :p ;)

Boy Named Sue
01-29-2005, 06:26 PM
I'll check back in at 12:01am. You girls talk, i'll spy on you. no?

TheLurker
01-29-2005, 06:42 PM
Happy Birthday FM :)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-29-2005, 07:35 PM
Happy Birthday FM!!! I hope it's a good one!

Boy Named Sue
01-29-2005, 07:51 PM
There is, there is. The people will listen, the wise will hear.
How profound, I just made that up. NO POSTING TODAY!
The raunchier the better.

TheLurker
01-29-2005, 07:57 PM
There may be much we can learn from her!!! :idea: :p ;)RK the next time you do something naughty I want you to remember your post and be true to your words. :D

rrrr
01-29-2005, 08:01 PM
Happy B-day!! How old are you? Just tell us in Canadian years.... :D :D

jlnorthrup122
01-29-2005, 08:03 PM
Yeah Happy Birthday FM sorry its late but I wasn't on here yesterday deary! I hope it was agood day for you!!

JustMVG
01-29-2005, 08:17 PM
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY FRIEND, hope it's a great one!!
MikeVG

JetBoatRich
01-29-2005, 08:30 PM
Happy Birthday FMluvswaterbabe :cool:
May you have a weekend long of celebrating :cool:

C-2
01-29-2005, 08:40 PM
Happy Birthday FM.
Happy Birthday - Altered Images
ooops...wrong thread lol :hammer2: :hammer2:
:D :D :D

Rexone
01-29-2005, 10:38 PM
Damn was at boat show and almost missed your birthday.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/732happybirthday.gif
Almost!

HammerDown
01-30-2005, 05:42 AM
Happy Birthday ....toooooooo my FAVORITE!
:wink: :rollside: :p :mix: ... :umm: -xoxo

boatnam2
01-30-2005, 06:23 AM
happy birthday ;)

hoolign
01-30-2005, 06:45 AM
Happy B-day my POLE-ISH friend :D get that poor bastard some medical attention!! his shorts are red from a thorn pokin him in the johnson :jawdrop:
HAve a good day chika!
Jeff.

dicudmore
01-30-2005, 11:01 AM
happy birthday FM :D :D :coffeycup

ratso
01-30-2005, 11:41 AM
Happy Birthday FM... :D

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
01-30-2005, 12:10 PM
Happy Birthday!!!!!

FMluvswater
01-30-2005, 08:30 PM
The funny thing is you gave me a present today that made me cry. I spent the morning at Christian's house and I am floored at what was going on there. It was quiet. The family was getting along and happy. Usually after thirty minutes I'm ready to get the hell out because of all the yelling, chaos, and stress. He started to act up just a little bit and his aunt grabbed him by the hands, held him while telling him why his behavior was wrong, and continued to hold him until he showed he was uncomfortable and then let him go and he behaved. Then she turned to me and said, "You know that really works! I heard that you do that to him so I tried it." This is a woman who would have started yelling at him and his mother, called him a retard and maybe even gave him a smack. The whole atmosphere of the house has changed. It was calm. They were polite to each other. There was no longer that rampaging elephant in the room. I hesitatingly took them out to breakfast, yes, Christian too (completely unthinkable two months ago.)
He behaved like a good 3 year old. Instead of people giving us dirty looks they came to the table and talked to us. I shit you not the waitress gave us her phone number because she wants to babysit for us tonight. WTF! This really happened!
The change all started when I pm'ed you and you took all that time to put that info together for me. I know I thanked you then but I had no idea what an impact it was to have on this family. You changed my attitude and behavior towards Christian, they picked up on it and now they've changed too. The impact was so great that tears were rolling down my cheeks all the way home. I can't believe this is the same child, and how his bad behavior was a reflection of what the adults were doing. One little PM had this much of an effect on a handful of lives. I'm still crying, it would break my heart to watch this little boy struggle with no help from his family, and now he's this charming guy who smiles instead of screams and his family is giving him the proper attention he always needed.
Thanks for taking that time to PM me back FM. Its your birthday but you couldn't wrap the present that you gave me today.
Still got a tear in my EYE ~ Suey
Now you done made my EYE teary! Oh Suey I'm so glad the situation with Christian has improved to the degree you described. :) Thank-you for the update.
Thank-you also for the birthday thread and the birthday wishes too. :cool:
To:
HCS, looky_lou, beer hunter, TheLurker, My Man's Sportin' Wood, JBR, t'n'b, boatnam2, dicudmore, ratso, Mrs. HOOTER SLED, RK (love my present! :cool: ), rrrr (35, lol) , jl (you didn't miss it and yes it was a good day) , Mikey ( was just shy of great cuz some of my friends couldn't be there - like you :) ) , C-2 (lol yeah I get thread confusion ALL the time must be old age or sumpin, lol), Mike (it's okay cuz "almost" only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades - oh and song chain entries too :D - you didn't miss my b-day either, lol!) , HammerDown (there you are! been looking for you. Your http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v56/FMluvswaterbabe/HDforever.gif forever :D , ~FM) , and last but not least hoolign (I did have a good one - one what? Well if I told you that I'd have to kill you and you already killed you with your own last joke, and understandably so - it was fricken hilarious! :D ) ...
Thank-you for the birthday wishes! :cool:
~F "Lazy post-who re today. I coulda racked up so many posts doing separate thank-you's" M :wink:

Kim Hanson
01-30-2005, 09:39 PM
I have never said so many Happy Birthdays to someone yet, hope ya had a good one Babe...........( . )( . )........... :mix:

FMluvswater
01-30-2005, 09:46 PM
I have never said so many Happy Birthdays to someone yet, hope ya had a good one Babe...........( . )( . )........... :mix:
I figured you were just feeling the wobbly pops and repeating yourself! :wink: :D J/K I appreciated 'em all too Sugar. :D :cool:

Kim Hanson
01-30-2005, 09:50 PM
I figured you were just feeling the wobbly pops and repeating yourself! :wink: :D J/K I appreciated 'em all too Sugar. :D :cool:
Thanks I was starting to feel like a stuck record :cool: .............( . )( . )..... :D

FMluvswater
01-30-2005, 09:51 PM
Thanks I was starting to feel like a stuck record :cool: .............( . )( . )..... :D
LMAO! I think you're safely unstucked now! :D

JustMVG
01-30-2005, 11:19 PM
FM we'll be seeing you soon enough, hope it was a great day.
Mike VG

FMluvswater
01-30-2005, 11:24 PM
FM we'll be seeing you soon enough, hope it was a great day.
Mike VG
Yes you will be. :cool: My 35th was good. :)

JustMVG
01-30-2005, 11:25 PM
FM the books are going out Tuesday to ya... enjoy em!!

FMluvswater
01-30-2005, 11:27 PM
FM the books are going out Tuesday to ya... enjoy em!!
Oh wonderful! :cool: Thanks Mikey! :D

Throttle
01-30-2005, 11:36 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
take me to the river, talking heads!

FMluvswater
01-30-2005, 11:39 PM
Thank-you Throttle (thread confusion? :wink: :D LOL! I bet you just won brownie points with Debbolas by mentioning that song! :D )

Kilrtoy
01-30-2005, 11:47 PM
Sorry I am late,
HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY, I hope it was as nice as you....... :redface:

FMluvswater
01-31-2005, 05:52 AM
Sorry I am late,
HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY, I hope it was as nice as you....... :redface:
Thank-you very much Kilr. :)

Boy Named Sue
01-31-2005, 09:19 PM
Thanks, I know it was just one good morning but it's a start. The smiley peeking with one eye behind the bushes is classic.

FMluvswater
02-01-2005, 01:50 AM
Thanks, I know it was just one good morning but it's a start. The smiley peeking with one eye behind the bushes is classic.
It is a wonderful start for sure. :cool: :)
LOL! :D Yes my smiley in the bushes gif rather suits my job around here and since you've pointed it out it seems in keeping with my one eye in my avatar also! :D :wink:
HammerDown's http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v56/FMluvswaterbabe/HDforever.gif forever :D ,

lucky
02-01-2005, 06:39 AM
Happybirth Day Fm- Your A Sweet Heart On So Many Levels ... Have A Great Day !

Her454
02-01-2005, 08:43 AM
FM, hope you had a fantastic B-day! You are one of the greatest contributors to our ***boat family!
Traci

FMluvswater
02-01-2005, 06:56 PM
Happybirth Day Fm- Your A Sweet Heart On So Many Levels ... Have A Great Day !
Thanks b bud. :) Aww shucks :redface:
FM, hope you had a fantastic B-day! You are one of the greatest contributors to our ***boat family!
Traci
I did have a happy birthday. Thank-you Traci. :) Thanks too for always making me feel welcome to hang around here. :)

Debbolas
02-01-2005, 07:22 PM
Happy Birthday to you!!!
Happy Birthday to you!!!
Happy Birthday dear FM!!!!
Happy Birthday to you!!!
:wink: :) :cool: :D :coffeycup ;)

FMluvswater
02-01-2005, 07:53 PM
Happy Birthday to you!!!
Happy Birthday to you!!!
Happy Birthday dear FM!!!!