PDA

View Full Version : Lake Pleasant 4/23?

slovolvo
04-20-2006, 04:49 PM
Anyone going to be out there? I was thinking about going down for the day, as I had a blast out there last Sunday.

AZJD
04-20-2006, 05:01 PM
Anyone going to be out there? I was thinking about going down for the day, as I had a blast out there last Sunday.
Oh yeah, I have about 6 confirmed with me right now, and 4 or 5 other boats just in our clan. We should have a pretty good little tie up on sunday!

AZJD
04-20-2006, 05:04 PM
ROLE CALL!
1. Justin (AZJD) + 5
2. Jordy + 2 or 3
3. Mike Jones +2 or 3

slovolvo
04-20-2006, 05:06 PM
I am new to the area, so I might be going solo, I might try and find you guys. It would be cool to meet some HB'ers.
--Paul

AZJD
04-20-2006, 05:09 PM
I am new to the area, so I might be going solo, I might try and find you guys. It would be cool to meet some HB'ers.
--Paul
We are easy to find,
29' Warlock-Justin(AZJD)
30' Spectre w/outboards- Jordy
38' Donzi- Rob (Big Warlock)
OH YEAH DON'T FORGET TO LOOK FOR THE PASTIES
come tie up

slovolvo
04-20-2006, 05:11 PM
P.S. Nice lookin boat, I really like Warlocks, in fact, it is between a Warlock and an Ultra for my next boat......
Didn't make it to Humbug last weekend, I was exploring the lake, as it was my first time out there, and I didn't even go up that way (doh!!) Where do you usually launch?

AZJD
04-20-2006, 05:15 PM
P.S. Nice lookin boat, I really like Warlocks, in fact, it is between a Warlock and an Ultra for my next boat......
Didn't make it to Humbug last weekend, I was exploring the lake, as it was my first time out there, and I didn't even go up that way (doh!!) Where do you usually launch?
We launch the 10 lane, it's so much easier and parking is way closer. I don't know if you have been to humbug before, but it's North by Notheast from the 10 lane. Behind the island.

Thunder Struck
04-20-2006, 05:19 PM
Where ever AZJD doesn't!! We like our paint jobs.

AZJD
04-20-2006, 05:27 PM
Where ever AZJD doesn't!! We like our paint jobs.
I'm a professional! It's the driving the truck thing I have problems with. I have an issue with that stop sign and the Sherriff!

slovolvo
04-20-2006, 08:55 PM
We are easy to find,
29' Warlock-Justin(AZJD)
30' Spectre w/outboards- Jordy
38' Donzi- Rob (Big Warlock)
OH YEAH DON'T FORGET TO LOOK FOR THE PASTIES
come tie up
I like pasties! :)
Damn, sounds like some pretty big boats! I am going to feel inadequate..........
Last weekend I launched at the Pleasant Harbor, but it is a long way to park the truck after you put the boat in. To top it off the dude in the golf cart wouldn't give me a ride!Is that not really the best place? What if launching alone? Is there a dock where I can tie up for a second while I put the truck away?
Thanks for the tie up invite, I'll see you guys there!
-Paul 21' Outlaw White/grey/orange/blue

GRUNION
04-20-2006, 09:04 PM
Yup Theres A Dock

Jordy
04-20-2006, 11:29 PM
I can't go that day. Planning on hitting church and then a family buffet. Sorry guys. :notam:
Actually, might go a different route and avoid the tieup drama. Will keep you posted. ;)

Jordy
04-20-2006, 11:31 PM
P.S. Nice lookin boat, I really like Warlocks, in fact, it is between a Warlock and an Ultra for my next boat.....
Why go that route when you can buy a Spectre that will outrun both of them using less gas??? :idea:

AZJD
04-21-2006, 06:25 AM
Why go that route when you can buy a Spectre that will outrun both of them using less gas??? :idea:
And you can sleep on it, OH wait thats right! :)

Craig
04-21-2006, 07:22 AM
Just got my F-250 back after 6 weeks in the shop for theft recovery. :mad: Might see how it tows the boat Sunday :)

slovolvo
04-21-2006, 09:20 AM
In a word, errr, symbol $$$.
I need to stay in the 60-70k range because I want to put 30% down or so and prefer to be in a new boat, so I have warranty coverage and better finance rates. Plus, boats are like women, you find one you are going to be happy with for a while, stick it out, and when you part ways, you're lucky to leave with half!
I am just not well enough off yet to get something bigger. I am looking at the 23 deck, like the one below with a 496.

Jordy
04-21-2006, 09:24 AM
And you can sleep on it, OH wait thats right! :)
Show me where he says anything about sleeping on it. Now he's talking about a 23' Deckboat. I guess you could sleep on those in a pinch. :crossx: :D

AZJD
04-21-2006, 09:53 AM
Show me where he says anything about sleeping on it. Now he's talking about a 23' Deckboat. I guess you could sleep on those in a pinch. :crossx: :D
I've slept on many beached at the Nautical, none that I actuall knew the owner! lol :p

slovolvo
04-21-2006, 10:41 AM
I've slept on many beached at the Nautical, none that I actuall knew the owner! lol :p
Been there...... Beats payin for a room, right?

Big Warlock
04-21-2006, 08:49 PM
Won't be out on Sunday. I have water in one of the drives. And "others" have made plans for me for Sunday. Saturday I am at the race. Have fun, play nice. And if you want to kick my AZZ I am the guy on the 29 Warlock with the hat on backwards and tatoos. I will kick your AZZ!!!
Last week, some a-hole from a DOnzi came and pissed all over the bow of my boat. And I didn't say a word! Focker!!! :crossx:

Magic34
04-21-2006, 10:56 PM
Where is the lake at?

AZJD
04-22-2006, 08:28 AM
Where is the lake at?
B-line hihighway to Saguaro Lake, then turn right. Good luck launching that big ass yacht though! lol :)

slovolvo
04-22-2006, 01:02 PM
See ya out there tomorrow!

slovolvo
04-24-2006, 05:07 PM
Well, I was out there, I think I saw you guys, but I was looking for AZJD's Warlock, and couldn't see it. Anyhow, you are lucky I didn't meet up with you, as I had to get towed back. Looks like a blown motor. Pretty shitty, but its still under warranty, so hopefully they'll cover it. And so begins the battle.....
BTW, any one need a boat bitch for the next couple weeks?

AZJD
04-27-2006, 12:57 PM
Well, I was out there, I think I saw you guys, but I was looking for AZJD's Warlock, and couldn't see it. Anyhow, you are lucky I didn't meet up with you, as I had to get towed back. Looks like a blown motor. Pretty shitty, but its still under warranty, so hopefully they'll cover it. And so begins the battle.....
BTW, any one need a boat bitch for the next couple weeks?
Thats a bummer. We were tied to the big house boat for most of the day. We will be out there again, so look us up once you have figured out the warranty woes. I have a pretty full boat but if I have room I will let you know.

slovolvo
04-28-2006, 03:10 PM
It turned out not to be as big a deals as I though. The Gimble bearing siezed, causing the motor to sound like it was blowing up, then it choked out. I was in the no wake zone when it happened, so it seemed pretty bad. To top it off, when I checked the oil, I was already convinced the motor was blown(BY THE SOUND) and I didn't push the dipstick all the way back in , so I concluded I had run out of oil. I had a DD, so I was a bit hammered, thats my excuse and I'm stickin to it :) Good news is, weather warranty covers it or not, the repair bill will only be around $250! Big relief!! I am going to try and get out his Sunday, on a friend's boat, it's supposed to be hot.
-Paul

Rick Reiling
04-28-2006, 07:20 PM
hi guys im kinna new here i just have a 18 foot panther, but its clean, maybe i could hang out with you guys for awhile? thanks rick