PDA

View Full Version : Jacked at the boat show.

Domn8er
01-30-2005, 12:48 PM
So after a good day at the boat show my buddy goes to the parking stucture and his car is gone. :crossx: 04 GMC Denali on 24's. Sweet ride. I felt so bad. :cry: As he was talking to the cops outside of the convention, a fight starts to break out with a bunch of hood rats. Right in front of the cops as if they were not even there. One guy ran up to a car and started to punch the window but couldn't break it then ran off. Crazy stuff. He tried to activate his onstar but they haven't been able to locate a signal. Good day turned into a shitty one. :skull:

barbigrl
01-30-2005, 12:50 PM
OMG....I can't beleive his car got stolen!!! How did you guys get home??? On a happy note it was good seeing you guys....

Domn8er
01-30-2005, 12:55 PM
Me and Shauntee rode up with Midlife Advantage. Shane and my bro rode back with some other friends. Good to see you too. Did you go to that party last night?

topless
01-30-2005, 01:02 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope they find it. It was a good day. I was trying to find Midlife advantage to get a ride home. I was tired but ended up going to the party with Barbi.

Domn8er
01-30-2005, 01:03 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope they find it. It was a good day. I was trying to find Midlife advantage to get a ride home. I was tired but ended up going to the party with Barbi.
I hope so too. We were looking for you and tried calling but no luck. How was the party?

barbigrl
01-30-2005, 01:03 PM
Me and Shauntee rode up with Midlife Advantage. Shane and my bro rode back with some other friends. Good to see you too. Did you go to that party last night?
Ahhh I thought it was midlife's car that got stolen!! All the same...that still sucks! Yeah I went the Flying Vee's party....just got home a little bit ago!! IT was a lot of fun.... I will post some of those pics tomorrow...my computer at home takes too long to upoad them!!

Garrddogg
01-30-2005, 01:11 PM
That sucks man! bitchen day turnes to shi t! :lightsabe
Hope they catch em fuggers! :hammerhea

Kachina26
01-30-2005, 01:13 PM
How did they get it? Can't really hotwire one, without having a little more than average knowledge.

INSman
01-30-2005, 01:16 PM
Yeah, there were more than a few "undesirables" around the outside of the convention center. Didn't really care to have the wife and kids around that environment.

Domn8er
01-30-2005, 01:17 PM
How did they get it? Can't really hotwire one, without having a little more than average knowledge.
Not sure. I was thinking the same thing. I couldn't believe that it happend in the daytime but then again it was in a parking structure. Another buddy said he had noticed a couple of guys standing around the structure when he pulled in. Sucks that you can't even be safe in a "secured" parking area.

bigq
01-30-2005, 01:22 PM
They hack the onstar code and remotely unlock the door and start it with a laptop and signal converter. Not an amatuer. :eek:

SJRS1
01-30-2005, 01:25 PM
no way, shanes got to be bummed...that ride was sweet...my guess the 1st thing they did was disarm the onstar...

XtrmWakeborder
01-30-2005, 01:29 PM
That sux ass man! I hope they catch them soon. My pops and I saw the prices of the snack bar and decided we would take a walk outside to get something to eat and get a little excersise at the same time, after a few blocks down we decided that it probably wasn't a good idea. We turned around and paid the 25 bux for 2 hamburgers fries and cokes. I HATE LA!

essexjet
01-30-2005, 01:44 PM
Yeah, there were more than a few "undesirables" around the outside of the convention center. Didn't really care to have the wife and kids around that environment.
I hear that! As we were leaving there was a big fight in the middle of the intersection right outside the convention center. God I hate going there! Thank God I vallet my truck and they parked it right outside the doors in front of the houseboat.

Irishgal
01-30-2005, 03:34 PM
So after a good day at the boat show my buddy goes to the parking stucture and his car is gone. :crossx: 04 GMC Denali on 24's. Sweet ride. I felt so bad. :cry: As he was talking to the cops outside of the convention, a fight starts to break out with a bunch of hood rats. Right in front of the cops as if they were not even there. One guy ran up to a car and started to punch the window but couldn't break it then ran off. Crazy stuff. He tried to activate his onstar but they haven't been able to locate a signal. Good day turned into a shitty one. :skull:
Feel really bad for your friend. Really sucks after we all had such a good day. Keep us posted on what happens.

LUVNLIFE
01-30-2005, 03:50 PM
Remember everyone especially out of towners, the convention center is not in the nicest part of LA. Sucks that it was stolen out of the parking structure, you think they could watch the place a little better. :(

Roxysnow
01-30-2005, 03:50 PM
That f'ing sucks! Sorry about your bro! :(

TCHB
01-30-2005, 03:52 PM
There were a lot to teen age kids attending something over at one of the halls. There was a group of boys trying to act tuff in front of the convention center starting a bunch of crap. They were all high school kids.

JB in so cal
01-30-2005, 03:55 PM
Did anyone notice the new appatments/condos by the conv. ctr? It looks like the re-habbed a couple of old office buildings; I don't think you'd be going outside once you locked the door behind you.

a catered life
01-30-2005, 04:02 PM
They hack the onstar code and remotely unlock the door and start it with a laptop and signal converter. Not an amatuer. :eek:
dam sorry to hear that happen to your truck but this is my main reason for not wanting more electronic crap on my car freaking theives are getting more and more hi-tec

bigq
01-30-2005, 04:04 PM
There were a lot to teen age kids attending something over at one of the halls. There was a group of boys trying to act tuff in front of the convention center starting a bunch of crap. They were all high school kids.
I would just keep walking, they probably all are packin heat. :confused:

LilHarley
01-30-2005, 04:08 PM
I've always hated LA. Used to work downtown and there is some crazy sh!t that happens everyday. The other hall, I believe the South, was a Black College convention (please, I'm not being racial or anything, I parked over there and saw all the signs ...). Whenever I park in LA, I always am prepared to come out to no car .... Oh well, sorry to hear about your ride ... :angry2:

bunny 166
01-30-2005, 04:09 PM
OMG that really sucks....sorry for your friend! :frown: :( Effen a-holes need to get a life.... :lightsabe :lightsabe

RACRJEFF
01-30-2005, 04:27 PM
Not sure. I was thinking the same thing. I couldn't believe that it happend in the daytime but then again it was in a parking structure. Another buddy said he had noticed a couple of guys standing around the structure when he pulled in. Sucks that you can't even be safe in a "secured" parking area.
no such thing as secured in los angeles ,heck the parking lot attentant is probablly having his homeboys jack cars out of there on a daily basis. and as far as walking in downtown l.a. try havng a blue uniform with a shoot me shield on the front of it or being on bike patrol in the jungle oh sorry i mean lower baldwin dont want to offend anyone, who may reside there. hope ur buddy gets his ride back before it makes it to mexico cause thats where its going, no need for suvs up here the black market is rock solid with escalades and denalis thats last couple years trends now there trying to jack the H2s and believe it or not big rig trucks is hot right now!!

RiverOtter
01-30-2005, 04:36 PM
Boat show here wasn't quiet that eventful... :sleeping: We parked on the street walked 50 yard or so into the convention center looked at all the friggin SeaRays and left :notam: :notam: :sleeping:

Kilrtoy
01-30-2005, 04:53 PM
Did anyone notice the new appatments/condos by the conv. ctr? It looks like the re-habbed a couple of old office buildings; I don't think you'd be going outside once you locked the door behind you.
The ones right across the stret are brand new ground up. They were selling a little over a year ago for 500K for a loft, I laughed. Well I guesss they are laughing now, They are going for 1.6 Mil......

shueman
01-30-2005, 05:43 PM
Boat show here wasn't quiet that eventful... :sleeping: We parked on the street walked 50 yard or so into the convention center looked at all the friggin SeaRays and left :notam: :notam: :sleeping:
Did ya get Bill Dance's autograph...?? :D

RiverOtter
01-30-2005, 05:47 PM
Did ya get Bill Dance's autograph...?? :D
Nope, Rowland Martin :D

slowinhavasu
01-30-2005, 05:51 PM
You can take the hood out of the getto, but you can't take the getto out of the hood....well something like that.....
Don't matter what you got , if they wan't it, there gonna take it....
Hope he paid his insurance..... :(

JB in so cal
01-30-2005, 05:58 PM
The ones right across the stret are brand new ground up. They were selling a little over a year ago for 500K for a loft, I laughed. Well I guesss they are laughing now, They are going for 1.6 Mil......
:confused:
I think I'd set it up like Charleton Heston in that 70's movie where there are a bunch of "zombies" trying to get his sh** and him; Bombs, Guns, Razor Wire...
There sure wouldn't be any "honey, can you shoot down to the store? we need some ..." F that. I lock that door; I ain't coming out 'till daylight...

missboatnam1
01-30-2005, 06:04 PM
sorry to hear that, what a bummer. hope he had gap insurance :)

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
01-30-2005, 08:03 PM
Damn ....... that sucks so bad , I'm sorry to hear that!!!! What a day.......... I hope he gets his car back in good conditions!!!!

Midlife Advantage
01-30-2005, 09:17 PM
TOPLESS! I am so sorry! I turned around and you were gone! what happened? we spent the rest of our time looking for you and waited by the exit until about 6, tried calling your cell over and over but it said the number is not in service?

SHAKEN Not Stirred
01-30-2005, 09:22 PM
TOPLESS! I am so sorry! I turned around and you were gone! what happened? we spent the rest of our time looking for you and waited by the exit until about 6, tried calling your cell over and over but it said the number is not in service?
Sorry Topless !!!!.........He's as blind a an OLD bat !!!!
Hehehehehehehe!!!!!
CJG
:wink:

Domn8er
01-30-2005, 10:13 PM
No word yet from OnStar. I think it is safe to say that thing is history. :( :(

AirtimeLavey
01-30-2005, 11:02 PM
That sucks. Hope they find the fockers, but they probably won't at this point. :mad: That's the down-side of having a nice ride. Or so I hear...

Throttle
01-30-2005, 11:03 PM
not good news...
when I opened this I thought you guys were gonna be talking about the bars today runnin out of jack...

Kilrtoy
01-30-2005, 11:41 PM
They will find it, Sitting on blocks, They just want the RIMS and maybe some stuff on the inside.... But Im sure he doesnt want it back

Kachina26
01-31-2005, 06:56 AM
No word yet from OnStar. I think it is safe to say that thing is history. :( :(
Onstar uses a cellular signal to communicate with the car. The unit is accessible (read disconnectable) from the glovebox. If these guys got by the theft deterent, then Onstar is nothing for them.

thom
01-31-2005, 07:56 AM
dam.. sorry to hear about that.. We went on Saturday and because i dont know the area i parked about three blocks away and walked.. after reading this i dont think i made the right choice.. I know the wife wasnt happy with where i parked. Now i know why

Dr. Eagle
01-31-2005, 08:20 AM
He tried to activate his onstar but they haven't been able to locate a signal. Good day turned into a shitty one. :skull:
I bet the theives pulled the fuse marked "onstar"... not like Lojack at all! :burningm:

Quality Time
01-31-2005, 08:32 AM
That sucks. I lost a full size Jimmy from the LA Boat show in 1988. Put buying a boat off for a year :frown:

HCS
01-31-2005, 08:51 AM
That sucks. We have the same problem on occasion here in Sacramento.
Peoples cars get broken into and ripped off during the shows in town.

4-B
01-31-2005, 08:52 AM
Sucks to go somewhere where you have to constantly keep an eye out for the riff-raff. It is a good show in a bad area..

HCS
01-31-2005, 08:53 AM
That's how our boat shows are. We get a couple of ***boats but not many.
Mostly cruisers. :sleeping:

WaTchTheGelCoat
01-31-2005, 09:06 AM
Why is it that in ever big city, convention centers, stadiums, ect...ect are in the shitiest neiborhoods possible?

HCS
01-31-2005, 09:11 AM
Why is it that in ever big city, convention centers, stadiums, ect...ect are in the shitiest neiborhoods possible?
It's the Democratic program to bring business to depressed areas.
It never works. :messedup:

WaTchTheGelCoat
01-31-2005, 09:37 AM
It's the Democratic program to bring business to depressed areas.
It never works. :messedup:
Well, I guess the black market on used car parts is thriving in those areas.

HCS
01-31-2005, 09:53 AM
Well, I guess the black market on used car parts is thriving in those areas.
Ya. They can't afford to go to the parts store so they just go to the local stadium.

sbboy24
01-31-2005, 01:48 PM
I'm the lucky owner of the 04' Denali that was jacked at the L.A Boat show. Let me know if you see a Black Denali on 24" with a Malibu sticker on the back window rolling in your neck of the woods. If your going to the boat show this weekend don't park your car in the parking structure; park valet or in the lots across the street from the convention center...somewhere in the open.

Dr. Eagle
01-31-2005, 02:00 PM
I'm the lucky owner of the 04' Denali that was jacked at the L.A Boat show. Let me know if you see a Black Denali on 24" with a Malibu sticker on the back window rolling in your neck of the woods. If your going to the boat show this weekend don't park your car in the parking structure; park valet or in the lots across the street from the convention center...somewhere in the open.
I took the "onstar" stickers off of my Suburban when I bought it, as well as the "Trident" security system (ignition lock out) stickers.
Unfortunately GM has made the Onstar system far too easy to defeat.
Sorry about your vehicle getting stolen... that sucks.

mbrown2
01-31-2005, 02:07 PM
Not sure if it has been mentioned, but normally the Boat Show, Staples and Convention Center are pretty mild....(knock on wood) but I never have issues....
However, that day there was a College Conference in one of the convention center halls that had a ton of high school kids out in the area....folks were cruising, kids trying to pick up on chix, fight broke out when we walked across the street...guy started chasing another guy, etc....just a bunch of crap which would normally happen when you add about 2K high school kids in the mix. It definitely brought out want to go to college type, but also the bad kids that just wanted to hang out where the crowd was.
Sux to hear someone got jacked....just a bad mix of folks at the convention center that day.

topless
01-31-2005, 02:15 PM
Thats OK, I thought you were going to be by the blower moter so I went to the bathroom, came back and poof, you were gone. The party was great by the way. My second wind came when I got there. :D

sbboy24
01-31-2005, 02:18 PM
I guess lojack is the only way to go now. For those fellow onstar members, it's not worth the service. You might want to invest in another security system.

Brewzed
01-31-2005, 02:33 PM
I guess lojack is the only way to go now. For those fellow onstar members, it's not worth the service. You might want to invest in another security system.
The upgraded lojack & service will call you on up to 5 numbers (I think, may be more) as soon as your vehicle is moved. You don't have to find it stolen and then notify the police. You can do it instantly or try to catch the bastards yourself. It's around $800, I forget how much the monitoring is.
I have the basic lojack on my burb, but I am serious considoring ordering the upgraded unit & service. I keep the onstar for the emergency service, but i would never reley on it for a theft.

Kilrtoy
01-31-2005, 03:04 PM
Mike Brown always puts it so nice,
This happens every year, The naacp and other groups promote BLACK going to college expo, This usually brings out all of L.A.'s shit bags. The crips and the bloods. I guess this year wasnt that bad, last year there was a full on riot..... Kids who are going to college already have their apps in and are accepted and know where they are going.....

topless
01-31-2005, 03:06 PM
Mike Brown always puts it so nice,
This happens every year, The naacp and other groups promote BLACK going to college expo, This usually brings out all of L.A.'s shit bags. The crips and the bloods. I guess this year wasnt that bad, last year there was a full on riot..... Kids who are going to college already have their apps in and are accepted and know where they are going.....
As we were leaving, one girl walked out with a 5000.00 check for writing an essay. That was pretty cool. :D

ChumpChange
01-31-2005, 04:31 PM
As we were leaving, one girl walked out with a 5000.00 check for writing an essay. That was pretty cool. :D
And then another kid punched her in the head and took the money. not cool

topless
01-31-2005, 04:37 PM
And then another kid punched her in the head and took the money. not coolProbablly! :hammerhea

XtrmWakeborder
01-31-2005, 05:31 PM
And then another kid punched her in the head and took the money. not cool
LMAO!

BOBALOO
01-31-2005, 06:37 PM
The upgraded lojack & service will call you on up to 5 numbers (I think, may be more) as soon as your vehicle is moved. You don't have to find it stolen and then notify the police. You can do it instantly or try to catch the bastards yourself. It's around $800, I forget how much the monitoring is.
I have the basic lojack on my burb, but I am serious considoring ordering the upgraded unit & service. I keep the onstar for the emergency service, but i would never reley on it for a theft.
I just bought an 04 Lexus that had the Lojack early warning already on it and Lojack charged me 99 bucks to change the info into my name :mad:
I think the system is around 900 new and they have dropped the service charge so it is a one time deal. I drove the car with old batteries in the transmitter and their system sent out the message to check on my car. I would have not spent the coin to buy it new but for 99 bucks it was worth it. I hope everything works out for you.

sbboy24
01-31-2005, 07:30 PM
I'll be sure to give you the before and after pictures of my ride. "onstar" just confirmed with me that they are stopping the tracking on my car because it's been 48 hours. Now it is up to L.A.'s finest (LAPD) to find the car.

JetBoatRich
01-31-2005, 07:39 PM
I'll be sure to give you the before and after pictures of my ride. "onstar" just confirmed with me that they are stopping the tracking on my car because it's been 48 hours. Now it is up to L.A.'s finest (LAPD) to find the car.
Sorry to hear about your ride :(

riverroyal
01-31-2005, 07:41 PM
anyone even live close to the conv center?My guess is we all drive more than a hour,it needs a better hood to sell 100k toys,the locals around there know we are driving nice cars,they cant wait for the show

Forkin' Crazy
01-31-2005, 07:44 PM
Ahhh, the wonders of technology!!!!
Been there, done that. :eek:
I have had two stolen so far... :hammerhea

SHOTKALLIN
01-31-2005, 08:18 PM
Yep may not even have been a gangsta. Might have been a geek gone wild. should be pretty easy to fence 24's. Aint too many homies jackin with lap tops.
L. A. is a shit hole anyway you look at it though. when I left the Convention Center I couldn't wait to get on the damn FWY. :crossx:

Parker Dreamin
01-31-2005, 08:32 PM
Is Onstar going to cover anything ? Insurance deductible ? I had no idea onstar was no good for tracking. I have it on both rides, one ride has onstar and lowjack.

sbboy24
02-01-2005, 10:55 PM
lojack is the way to go because what I am hearing is onstar is easly disabled thur the glove box. Onstar is run off a cell phone signal, so if the car is in a location that doesn't have service then they can't track it. Pretty f@#$ing stupid it you ask me. Lojack is hiden somewhere in the car and I believe it runs on it's own power source, so it's harder to disable. Lojack is a gps system, so as soon as it's activated they can pin point it's location. Onstar isn't covering anything. I have been told I should go after the parking structure and try to get money from them even though they say they're not liable. I guess there is a loop hole.

Domn8er
02-01-2005, 10:58 PM
lojack is the way to go because what I am hearing is onstar is easly disabled thur the glove box. Onstar is run off a cell phone signal, so if the car is in a location that doesn't have service then they can't track it. Pretty f@#$ing stupid it you ask me. Lojack is hiden somewhere in the car and I believe it runs on it's own power source, so it's harder to disable. Lojack is a gps system, so as soon as it's activated they can pin point it's location. Onstar isn't covering anything. I have been told I should go after the parking structure and try to get money from them even though they say they're not liable. I guess there is a loop hole.
Did you get the rental today??? Want to drive that up to the boat show on Saturday???

Jordy
02-02-2005, 08:10 AM
Lojack is a gps system, so as soon as it's activated they can pin point it's location.
Not entirely correct. Lojack sends out a signal that the police cruisers can pick up and then follow the arrows to. It also has it's limitations. Get it out in the mountains and it's useless. There have been several cases that I know of first hand of generators and construction equipment equipped with lo-jack disappearing and then turning up years later in the middle of no-where, only because an officer with a Lojack sensor on his car happened out there and picked up a signal. One of them, a generator, ended up in the mountains running a pot farm. It was missing for about 3 years. The Lojack was going off the whole time.

THOR
02-02-2005, 08:21 AM
Yep may not even have been a gangsta. Might have been a geek gone wild. should be pretty easy to fence 24's. Aint too many homies jackin with lap tops.
L. A. is a shit hole anyway you look at it though. when I left the Convention Center I couldn't wait to get on the damn FWY. :crossx:
You could have gone to Beaumont if you wanted to get jacked.

a catered life
02-02-2005, 08:40 AM
not defending anybody or a certain group cause i think this shit is all fuc@@@ up and wrong anyway you put it :yuk: , but i am glad to see that some people look outside the box and dont point fingers to a certain area or community nice statement there shotkallin :smile: