PDA

View Full Version : need input...

Domn8er
01-30-2005, 01:55 PM
I don't know much about blown engines. I was told yesterday at the boat show it is better to build horsepower on the outside of the block rather than inside. And that bigger ci is more torque and that will cause more problems. I have a guy that can build an engine with a 540 ci block that will put out 702 hp. So my question is, should I go with the bigger displacement with out the blower or should I get a smaller block maybe 509 and get it blown? I also want longevity out of the engine.

VD CRUISER
01-30-2005, 06:02 PM
Go 540 blown. Built right it will be very reliable.

J540
01-30-2005, 08:25 PM
I don't know much about blown engines. I was told yesterday at the boat show it is better to build horsepower on the outside of the block rather than inside. And that bigger ci is more torque and that will cause more problems. .
Go back to the boat show and Kick that guy in the ASS. :rollside:

lucky
01-31-2005, 03:27 PM
WHAT YOU HAVE ON THE INSIDE - DICTATES WHAT YOU CAN SHOVE DOWN THE THROAT ! I'M WITH J540 ON THIS ONE - :cool: BESIDES - IF I KISS HIS ASS - MAYBE I CAN GO BOATING WITH HIM AND THE HONEY'S LOL ( J/K )

revndave
01-31-2005, 05:19 PM
Go 540 with blower :D

Nubbs
02-02-2005, 09:15 AM
I don't know much about blown engines. I was told yesterday at the boat show it is better to build horsepower on the outside of the block rather than inside. And that bigger ci is more torque and that will cause more problems. I have a guy that can build an engine with a 540 ci block that will put out 702 hp. So my question is, should I go with the bigger displacement with out the blower or should I get a smaller block maybe 509 and get it blown? I also want longevity out of the engine.
I'm not sure what he means by that. Keep in mind, horsepower is derived from torque. HP=(Torque X RPM)/5252. To get more horsepower from a given setup, you either need to increase the rpm or increase the torque. Larger displacement will give you more torque by either increasing he piston size or increasing the stroke. Blowers will give you more torque by increasing the cylinder pressure, thus increasing the force on the top of the pistons. He should have said making torque, not horsepower. If you're trying to get the same power numbers from both configurations, blown/supercharged,turbo motors generally use more fuel than naturally aspirated motors. I hope this helps and didn't confuse you too much.

Domn8er
02-02-2005, 12:15 PM
I'm not sure what he means by that. Keep in mind, horsepower is derived from torque. HP=(Torque X RPM)/5252. To get more horsepower from a given setup, you either need to increase the rpm or increase the torque. Larger displacement will give you more torque by either increasing he piston size or increasing the stroke. Blowers will give you more torque by increasing the cylinder pressure, thus increasing the force on the top of the pistons. He should have said making torque, not horsepower. If you're trying to get the same power numbers from both configurations, blown/supercharged,turbo motors generally use more fuel than naturally aspirated motors. I hope this helps and didn't confuse you too much.
Thanks for the input. :D

jackpunx
02-02-2005, 12:57 PM
Go back to the boat show and Kick that guy in the ASS. :rollside:
Can you tell me a little bit about your boat?
engine
HP
speed
thanks