PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable Ht. Hitch

boxscore
01-31-2005, 06:20 AM
Where can I find one of those polished adjustable ht hitches?
Thx

BarryMac
01-31-2005, 06:33 AM
Thx
PM RiverDave, he's selling them at a great price, I just tried to find a pic but was unable to locate it, hopefully he will post one...

superdave013
01-31-2005, 06:44 AM
Yup, RD's the guy to talk to about those.

boxscore
01-31-2005, 06:50 AM
Alrighty... I just PM'd him.
Does he often log on to the boards? :hammerhea
thanks

BLOWN HOWARD
01-31-2005, 06:57 AM
Hey i was getting ready to go and buy one my self what is he selling them for? Is he selling the 6" and the 10"?

BarryMac
01-31-2005, 07:03 AM
thanks
Yeap, he has like 14,000 posts in a little over a year... :2purples: j/k, he comes on everyday...
Hey i was getting ready to go and buy one my self what is he selling them for? Is he selling the 6" and the 10"?
I'm pretty sure I saw the 6" but I think he can get the 10" as well...

BLOWN HOWARD
01-31-2005, 07:54 AM
Lets go RIVER DAVE we are waiting for some hitches :D :D HOOK IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RiverDave
01-31-2005, 09:52 AM
Sorry about that guys.. I'm back from the boatshow.
Long story short I'm a reseller for the rapid hitch. :) Just got approved for that 2 weeks ago. I'm getting ready to make a bulk purchase of a variety of styles to keep in stock. :) The more that I buy up front the better the lower the price is... So if anyones interested, just put up here which ones you want and I'll add them onto my initial big purchase.
The price will be lower then just about anywhere else you can get them, becuase I've come to the conclusion that most resellers only order two or three of them at a time.
Here's their website.. Pic out which hitch you'd like and if you want all the little quick locks etc.. shoot me a PM.
http://www.hitchsolutions.com/
They have a newer short adjustment rapid hitch for SUV's as well. :)
RD

JB in so cal
01-31-2005, 10:07 AM
thanks
Why do I find that funny... :squiggle:

ROZ
01-31-2005, 10:10 AM
Sorry about that guys.. I'm back from the boatshow.
Long story short I'm a reseller for the rapid hitch. :) Just got approved for that 2 weeks ago. I'm getting ready to make a bulk purchase of a variety of styles to keep in stock. :) The more that I buy up front the better the lower the price is... So if anyones interested, just put up here which ones you want and I'll add them onto my initial big purchase.
The price will be lower then just about anywhere else you can get them, becuase I've come to the conclusion that most resellers only order two or three of them at a time.
Here's their website.. Pic out which hitch you'd like and if you want all the little quick locks etc.. shoot me a PM.
http://www.hitchsolutions.com/
They have a newer short adjustment rapid hitch for SUV's as well. :)
RD
Mark me down for the SUV model...

Holland
01-31-2005, 10:12 AM
:idea: Dave, Post some pics of the SUV one please...

ROZ
01-31-2005, 10:16 AM
:idea: Dave, Post some pics of the SUV one please...
It looks the same , but it's shorter. 5 3/4 drop/rise vs 10" drop/rise....

PHX ATC
01-31-2005, 11:26 AM
I'd be down for a regular adjustable hitch.
Better have 2 5/16" for wifey's horsey trailer though.

RiverDave
01-31-2005, 11:41 AM
Actually the NEW SUV hitch is 3 3/4 adjustment instead of 5 3/4..
I was just informed that they are currently out of stock on those though..
I'm putting together the quotes for everybody right now.. Anyone else need a rapid hitch?
RD

BarryMac
01-31-2005, 11:46 AM
Actually the NEW SUV hitch is 3 3/4 adjustment instead of 5 3/4..
I was just informed that they are currently out of stock on those though..
I'm putting together the quotes for everybody right now.. Anyone else need a rapid hitch?
RD
Yeap, for my truck...

dego red
01-31-2005, 12:28 PM
RD, can you get a price for me on the 5 3/4" as well? Thanks, red

RiverDave
01-31-2005, 01:35 PM
RD, can you get a price for me on the 5 3/4" as well? Thanks, red
Check your PM's.. :)
RD

djunkie
01-31-2005, 01:56 PM
Ya I want one too. Would you recomend the longer one for a truck?

Daytona19
01-31-2005, 02:04 PM
I would like a the 2 in and 2 5/16 ball model that adjust at least 6 inch up or down.
Thanks.
Clint

Sun burners
01-31-2005, 02:11 PM
Hey RD whats the price on about an 8" drop?
Thanks Mike

RiverDave
01-31-2005, 02:13 PM
Ya I want one too. Would you recomend the longer one for a truck?
Is the truck lifted? If so how much?
RD

djunkie
01-31-2005, 02:15 PM
Is the truck lifted? If so how much?
RD
Its an 05 2500 hd 4x4. Not lifted but I may put just a little bigger tire on it.

RiverDave
01-31-2005, 02:16 PM
I would like a the 2 in and 2 5/16 ball model that adjust at least 6 inch up or down.
Thanks.
Clint
Clint they make two different models.. a 5 3/4 inch drop or a 10 inch drop. You said atleast 6 inches, so I'm assuming you'd like the 10?
RD

RiverDave
01-31-2005, 02:17 PM
Its an 05 2500 hd 4x4. Not lifted but I may put just a little bigger tire on it.
I'd do the 6 inch drop if it were me.
RD

djunkie
01-31-2005, 02:19 PM
I'd do the 6 inch drop if it were me.
RD
How soon do you expect to get these and what would it cost?

RiverDave
01-31-2005, 02:23 PM
How soon do you expect to get these and what would it cost?
Should have them by weds / thurs..
the price on the 10 inch is
The Price on the 6 inch is
The locking pins (which your going to have to buy one anyways so you mind as well get both)
Is 40 bucks. :)
If your in Cali, there's Tax (if not then no tax) and then some minimal shipping costs, or in the case of some of you, I'll see ya at supercross and I can just bring them with me there, etc if you want to save 10 - 15 bucks.
RD

djunkie
01-31-2005, 02:27 PM
Should have them by weds / thurs..
the price on the 10 inch is
The Price on the 6 inch is
The locking pins (which your going to have to buy one anyways so you mind as well get both)
Is 40 bucks. :)
If your in Cali, there's Tax (if not then no tax) and then some minimal shipping costs, or in the case of some of you, I'll see ya at supercross and I can just bring them with me there, etc if you want to save 10 - 15 bucks.
RD
Sounds good I'll shoot you a PM later in the week :smile:

RiverDave
01-31-2005, 02:49 PM
Let me know as soon as ya can, becuase I'd like to purchase them all at one time if possible, and I'd like to place that order tomorrow. :) Not saying you have to pay for it tomorrow, just need to know if you want one or not. ;)
RD

mbrown2
01-31-2005, 03:05 PM
Already have one RD, but thanks for the offer. Good luck with that endeavor.

djunkie
01-31-2005, 03:16 PM
Let me know as soon as ya can, becuase I'd like to purchase them all at one time if possible, and I'd like to place that order tomorrow. :) Not saying you have to pay for it tomorrow, just need to know if you want one or not. ;)
RD
I wanted to wait till the truck shows up. Should be here in another week or 2. I wanted to do some measuring to make sure the height I would need. I tow a couple of different trailers around so I want to be sure it would be the right size.

RiverDave
01-31-2005, 03:49 PM
I wanted to wait till the truck shows up. Should be here in another week or 2. I wanted to do some measuring to make sure the height I would need. I tow a couple of different trailers around so I want to be sure it would be the right size.
No problemo. :) I'll have an extra 10 inch and an extra 6 inch here when it's all said n done so you can order it later. :)
RD

djunkie
01-31-2005, 03:53 PM
No problemo. :) I'll have an extra 10 inch and an extra 6 inch here when it's all said n done so you can order it later. :)
RD
Cool I 'll definately let you know. The ones you are getting have the 2" and 2 5/16" balls right?

RiverDave
01-31-2005, 03:55 PM
Cool I 'll definately let you know. The ones you are getting have the 2" and 2 5/16" balls right?
I can get them either way.. :) The vastmajority of what I'm ordering has the 2 & 2 5/16'ths balls though. I had one request for the smaller set.
RD

CornWater
01-31-2005, 04:11 PM
Any chance you guys can make an 18" drop.. :idea:

boxscore
01-31-2005, 04:12 PM
I can get them either way.. :) The vastmajority of what I'm ordering has the 2 & 2 5/16'ths balls though. I had one request for the smaller set.
RD
HEY RD!.... Look at who started this thread and look who got all this business!
Looks like it's gonna be top shelf margarita's with beer chasers!

Daytona19
01-31-2005, 04:15 PM
Clint they make two different models.. a 5 3/4 inch drop or a 10 inch drop. You said atleast 6 inches, so I'm assuming you'd like the 10?
RD
No My wife would like 10 but shes not getting that either!!! LOL . The 5 3/4 should be good. I have a Toyota Tundra with a 3 inch lift so nothing to high to deal with.

essexjet
01-31-2005, 04:31 PM
Hey RD, I have a superduty 4x4 with a 6" lift and 35's. Do I need a 8" or 10" hitch?

RiverDave
01-31-2005, 04:36 PM
I can make it, but it's not going to be from hitch solutions.. ;) :D How much $$$ You want to spend?
RD

RiverDave
01-31-2005, 04:36 PM
Hey RD, I have a superduty 4x4 with a 6" lift and 35's. Do I need a 8" or 10" hitch?
They only make a 6 inch and a 10 inch.. If I was you I'd go with the 10 Inch for that application. :)
RD

andy01
01-31-2005, 04:49 PM
This is the hitch I bought.
http://www.besthitch.com/
Andy

RiverDave
01-31-2005, 05:06 PM
Andy
That's a cool ass hitch as well.
Not sure I understand the logic of that one over a billet one though? (Other then metal fatigue of steel vs aluminum)
It's the same drop as the 6 inch Billet one. They are rated for the same load (10,000 lbs) that one is 180 bucks.. The billet one is 150 bucks and is blingtastic.
I don't much care either way, becuase I'll probably end up being a reseller of those eventually as well, but for right now I can't see any advantages to it?
RD

djunkie
01-31-2005, 05:38 PM
Andy
Does that thing rattle alot when you drive. My buddy has one like that and if he doesn't have a trailer hooked up to it, it makes all kinds of noise going down the road.

andy01
01-31-2005, 05:46 PM
Does that thing rattle alot when you drive. My buddy has one like that and if he doesn't have a trailer hooked up to it, it makes all kinds of noise going down the road.
I haven't noticed any rattle from mine. Maybe over time?
Andy

andy01
01-31-2005, 05:49 PM
Not sure I understand the logic of that one over a billet one though? (Other then metal fatigue of steel vs aluminum)
It's the same drop as the 6 inch Billet one. They are rated for the same load (10,000 lbs) that one is 180 bucks.. The billet one is 150 bucks and is blingtastic.
I don't much care either way, becuase I'll probably end up being a reseller of those eventually as well, but for right now I can't see any advantages to it?
RD
I recieved my hitch for Christmas from my wife, she looked around but didn't find the Alum. one with three balls on it. I have the tri-ball mount. I used to carry a shit load of hitchs under the back seat in my truck. The Alum. one is nice, I was going to order one from John West at Ultra but got this one. Not saying it is any better then alum. but I don't know if I will worry about the metal fatigue, I would have to keep it for a million years to wear it out. And I don't keep anything that long.
Andy

djunkie
01-31-2005, 05:50 PM
I haven't noticed any rattle from mine. Maybe over time?
Andy
It may not even be the same one. His looks very similar and is constructed of steel but the adjustment pins have a little slop in them so it rattles. The alluminum ones are the shit though. Very well made from what I have seen.

andy01
01-31-2005, 05:52 PM
RD
BTW I paid $180 for my 10" when I sent my 6" back. Keep in mind when shipping a hitch (metal) shipping is a little pricy.
Andy

RiverDave
01-31-2005, 07:19 PM
I recieved my hitch for Christmas from my wife, she looked around but didn't find the Alum. one with three balls on it. I have the tri-ball mount. I used to carry a shit load of hitchs under the back seat in my truck. The Alum. one is nice, I was going to order one from John West at Ultra but got this one. Not saying it is any better then alum. but I don't know if I will worry about the metal fatigue, I would have to keep it for a million years to wear it out. And I don't keep anything that long.
Andy
Actually what I was saying on the metal fatigue is that the steel is far superior to aluminum with that regard.. Overall though that's the only advantage to it that I could see?
RD

RiverDave
02-01-2005, 10:52 AM
Alrighty Guys, I'm going to place the order for all of these right after lunch. :) If you just made a post in the thread that you wanted one, please shoot me a PM as well to that effect, becuase I really don't feel like buying 15 hitches and getting stuck with 10 of them.. :D I'm making about 3 - 4 coors lights on each of these, and as I said before atleast 2 of those are going right back to you when I see y'all at the river so I want to make it perfectly clear that this deal isn't something that I'm trying to "spam" or whatever.. just trying to get a couple for some buddies so mind as well offer it up to ***boat as well. ;)
RD

RiverDave
02-01-2005, 11:20 AM
Gotta Jetboat - 6 inch - locking pins
Martin - 6 inch - locking pins
Holland - 6 inch - locking pins
PHX - 6 inch - locking pins
BoxScore - 6 inch - locking pins
Danny - 10 inch - lockign pins
Daytona 19 - 6 inch - locking pins??
Essex Jet - 10 inch - locking pins??
Jordy - 2 inch wide body 1 1/4 shank hole
Blown Howard - 6 inch - locking pins
ROZ - 6 inch - locking pins
HavasuBum - 10 inch - locking pins??
Bill - 6 inch - locking pins
That's the order that I'm placing after lunch. :) Please take a look at it and make sure that everything is right.
RD <---- gonna owe a lot of peeps some beers at the river this season.

BarryMac
02-01-2005, 11:30 AM
Gotta Jetboat - 6 inch - locking pins
Martin - 6 inch - locking pins
Holland - 6 inch - locking pins
PHX - 6 inch - locking pins
BoxScore - 6 inch - locking pins
Danny - 10 inch - lockign pins
Daytona 19 - 6 inch - locking pins??
Essex Jet - 10 inch - locking pins??
Jordy - 2 inch wide body 1 1/4 shank hole
Blown Howard - 6 inch - locking pins
ROZ - 6 inch - locking pins
HavasuBum - 10 inch - locking pins??
Bill - 6 inch - locking pins
That's the order that I'm placing after lunch. :) Please take a look at it and make sure that everything is right.
RD <---- gonna owe a lot of peeps some beers at the river this season.
Hell between the hitch, the LED's and whatever else you sell me in the next month or two I'm expecting a weekend at the River Pad... :rollside: :D :rollside:

PHX ATC
02-01-2005, 11:34 AM
RD -
Payment sent via paypal, as instructed.
All right, quit your bitchin, I'm 8 minutes late!!! Sorry, filling up the truck took longer than expected, I was sucking fumes.
Thanks though for the call and the service! :rollside:

RiverDave
02-01-2005, 11:53 AM
Hell between the hitch, the LED's and whatever else you sell me in the next month or two I'm expecting a weekend at the River Pad... :rollside: :D :rollside:
Nice.. LOL :D
How does the weekend of Op6 sound Barry?
RD

RiverDave
02-01-2005, 11:54 AM
RD -
Payment sent via paypal, as instructed.
All right, quit your bitchin, I'm 8 minutes late!!! Sorry, filling up the truck took longer than expected, I was sucking fumes.
Thanks though for the call and the service! :rollside:
Thanks Toby I appreciate it! :)
RD

BarryMac
02-01-2005, 12:02 PM
Nice.. LOL :D
How does the weekend of Op6 sound Barry?
RD
Wow, that sounds great, :frown: :frown: to bad I can't make it, my oldest Daughter is Graduating from HS the weekend before, we are going to have an ass load of family still in town :frown: :frown: ...

Tom Brown
02-01-2005, 12:05 PM
Don't settle for anything less than oral gratification.

RiverDave
02-01-2005, 02:57 PM
Alright.. :) Everything is ordered and should be here in 2 days. :)
I have an extra 6 inch hitch if anybody is interested. :) If not I'll just keep it at the shop as a floor model.
RD

BarryMac
02-01-2005, 02:59 PM
Your a horses arse... :p

RiverDave
02-01-2005, 03:59 PM
I'd be willing to trade some hitches for some blow jobs Brown.. the chick you bring better look better then that ugly mug you have in your signiature though.. :D
RD

BarryMac
02-01-2005, 05:00 PM
I'd be willing to trade some hitches for some blow jobs Brown.. the chick you bring better look better then that ugly mug you have in your signiature though.. :D
RD
LOL... :)

NorCalCat
02-01-2005, 05:09 PM
Thx
Check this site out.
http://www.hitchsolutions.com/rapidhitch.html

RiverDave
02-01-2005, 05:12 PM
Check this site out.
http://www.hitchsolutions.com/rapidhitch.html
NorcalCat, I'm a distributor for them.. :) I had everyone goto that site to figure out exactly what they want and then gave them a little bit of a discount (as much as I could anyways there's not much mark up in these things) for the ***boat hook up. ;)
RD

NorCalCat
02-01-2005, 05:15 PM
NorcalCat, I'm a distributor for them.. :) I had everyone goto that site to figure out exactly what they want and then gave them a little bit of a discount (as much as I could anyways there's not much mark up in these things) for the ***boat hook up. ;)
RD
Hook me up brotha! I am looking at one. What is the cost???? I am tired of looking at my rusted hitch. No rusting, right?

RiverDave
02-01-2005, 06:44 PM
Hook me up brotha! I am looking at one. What is the cost???? I am tired of looking at my rusted hitch. No rusting, right?
The cost for the 6 inch drop is
150.83 (little cheaper then on their website)
Your going to have to purchase one of the locks for the adjustment portion of the hitch (it's wider then a normal pin) so if your going to get the one, you mind as well get both so they are keyed alike
So after it's all said and done
150.83 for the hitch
40.00 (locks keyed alike)
14.79 (tax)
15.00 - 20.00 (shipping)
Total comes out to 220.62 - 225.62 (depending on shipping)
You can either pay for it with a credit card via paypal to dave@cecnc.net
Or you can just shoot me a check if ya like
Cutting Edge Marine
6064 Corte Del Cedro
Carlsbad CA 92009
Incidentally, all of these billet drop hitches come with just normal trailer balls. Normally a chromed trailer ball won't rust for years to come.. but if your really concerned about it. ;) They do have an upgrade to solid stainless steel balls for just under 110.00 (by itself for the upgrade) The normal balls to replace are 39.00 bucks.. (I think I'll stick with the normal balls)
RD

Jbb
02-01-2005, 06:46 PM
RD
Ugly you say.......lol...and you want to wax a Nortech....lol... :D

RiverDave
02-01-2005, 06:51 PM
By the way, for those of you that want just flat "retarded" bling.. :D How about annodizing the hitch?
I have a couple of aluminum parts going out for Annodizing (DCB Pewter) and I'd be more then happy to throw a couple of trailer hitches in there if someone wants a pewter hitch (to match their boat). I'm not sure how the annodizing will hold up with regards to the reciever area, but overall I'd think it'd hold up pretty well?
Figure an extra 20 bucks for me to clean up the hitch and get it annodized.. ;)
RD <--- having his annodized.

CornWater
02-01-2005, 09:41 PM
:confused:

RiverDave
02-02-2005, 02:30 PM
:confused:
What's the confused look for Cornwater?
RD

CornWater
02-02-2005, 02:40 PM
:rollside:

RiverDave
02-02-2005, 03:04 PM
:rollside:
Oh... LOL To answer your question, yeah I can make one, but I'm a little unsure with what's involved with getting it load rated? I can make something just ridiculously "stout" if ya want?
RD

missboatnam1
02-02-2005, 04:28 PM
i may get one but not sure if you would pm me back or not. :mad:

missboatnam1
02-02-2005, 04:28 PM
sorry this was mrb!

BADBLOWN572
02-02-2005, 04:45 PM
Throw mine in for the anno. will ya? The pewter will look just fine on the back of the truck. :)

RiverDave
02-02-2005, 04:58 PM
i may get one but not sure if you would pm me back or not. :mad:
I never got a PM from you?
I got one on RRL, and left you a voice mail message with regards to the super X tickets. :)
RD

boatnam2
02-02-2005, 05:12 PM
alright then my bad sorry :shift: i already have the hitch and they are very nice i like the powdercoat idea!

boatnam2
02-02-2005, 05:27 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/212Picture_001-med.jpgif you have a lift go with the 10" i drop mine all the way to the bottom to tow boat

RiverDave
02-03-2005, 01:03 PM
Incidentally, everyones hitches came in today. :) The 10 inch drop (for badblown572) I have been informed by the mfg that there is a 2 - 3 week back order for those until they get finished making their next run of them.
If you haven't sent a check or paid via paypal yet please do so ASAP!!
Everything will go out on monday morning UPS ground, unless you need it quicker (boxscore is that ok?). :)
RD

andy01
02-03-2005, 01:29 PM
I'm making about 3 - 4 coors lights on each of these, RD
Remember folks you get what you pay for, you might let him make a six pack on ya. It will get you better service.......
Andy

RiverDave
02-03-2005, 03:50 PM
Well my day keeps getting better and better here.. LOL
I cracked open the box from Rapid Hitch and somehow there was no locking pins in the box. I called them and they are sending them out tomorrow morning and they should be here on tuesday morning. :( So everything will be shipping on tuesday instead of monday. (just keeping you guys updated)
RD

Jordy
02-03-2005, 03:59 PM
So everything will be shipping on tuesday instead of monday. (just keeping you guys updated)
RD
Why should I have to wait until Tuesday? I don't need a locking pin. Ship mine on Monday. :D :D :D

RiverDave
02-03-2005, 04:10 PM
Why should I have to wait until Tuesday? I don't need a locking pin. Ship mine on Monday. :D :D :D
Yours Alumistinger will go out on monday Jordy. ;)
RD

BarryMac
02-03-2005, 04:40 PM
Well my day keeps getting better and better here.. LOL
I cracked open the box from Rapid Hitch and somehow there was no locking pins in the box. I called them and they are sending them out tomorrow morning and they should be here on tuesday morning. :( So everything will be shipping on tuesday instead of monday. (just keeping you guys updated)
RD
Forget it, send mine back...
.just kidding

RiverDave
02-03-2005, 04:46 PM
Get my girlfriend a job and I'll give you yours for free! :D
RD <--- would pay to get her working so that she can support me in the lifestyle and I've grown accustomed too. :D

Jordy
02-03-2005, 04:47 PM
Yours Alumistinger will go out on monday Jordy. ;)
RD
Sweet!!! :D

BarryMac
02-03-2005, 07:28 PM
Get my girlfriend a job and I'll give you yours for free! :D
RD <--- would pay to get her working so that she can support me in the lifestyle and I've grown accustomed too. :D
Trust me man, I've tried harder to get her a job than I've tried for anyone else, I need to get her in so I can get hooked up on some free shit from Cutting Edge Marine, this paying wholesale shit sucks... :) :)

boxscore
02-03-2005, 08:23 PM
Hey Dave... any other products you want me to start a thread about? Just wondering.

PHX ATC
02-03-2005, 09:45 PM
Sweet!!! :D
That's bullshiat man, Jordy gets preferential treatment. :cry: :cry:
I want my money back. I'm pissed as hell now RD, you playing favorites and all.
This is just crap.
PHX ATC <--------------- patiently waiting for his locking pins to show up with his new drop hitch so I can outshine Jordy :D

phebus
02-04-2005, 06:24 AM
Hey Dave... any other products you want me to start a thread about? Just wondering.
Look for RD at the County Fair this year selling vegetable choppers. Chop Chop Man with the microphone strapped around his neck. "Buy my choppers!!" :D

RiverDave
02-08-2005, 03:36 PM
Optima battery boxes would be nice.. ;) :D
Got some sweet ass battery boxes for 125.00 bucks.. (better and cheaper then what's out there)
RD

RiverDave
02-08-2005, 03:36 PM
Trust me man, I've tried harder to get her a job than I've tried for anyone else, I need to get her in so I can get hooked up on some free shit from Cutting Edge Marine, this paying wholesale shit sucks... :) :)
LMAO.. :D
RD

RiverDave
02-08-2005, 03:37 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know that everybodies hitches shipped today. :)
Boxscore & Holland (or anyone else in Cali for that matter) you should have them on thursday, before your respective river trips.
RD

PHX ATC
02-08-2005, 05:17 PM
Mine will be here Thursday, Feb 10. Just in time for me to present it to my wife as a great kick a$$ valentine's day present!
Thanks RD, you think of everything! :2purples: :cool: