PDA

View Full Version : CA AG targets gun owners.... again

Forkin' Crazy
01-31-2005, 10:52 AM
CA Attorney General Bill Lockyer has proposed a system that would brand tiny serial numbers into the bullet and casings of handgun ammo, to better track crime scene evidence to a particular shooter. The numbers would be etched with a laser and would be almost invisible to the naked eye. Ammo without the numbers would be illegal in CA. (paraphrased from AFF)
What a moron! He thinks this will help? I guess the criminals will say, "Damn, we can't get any legal ammo, so I guess we are done." LOL!!!!
Another useless proposal from the left!!!!
I wonder how much this will cost for a box of bullets? Double? Triple?
:hammerhea

angry dad
01-31-2005, 12:40 PM
Just another way to soak more money out of us!! We need to somehow run that hag boxer, and her liberal cronies out of office!!! :mad:

Sleek-Jet
01-31-2005, 02:54 PM
Remember, one interpritation the second ammendment only grant's our right to own firearms, not ammunition.
One of the many gun control groups (Hand Gun Control Inc., I believe) lobbied to get a law passed that would require a licsense to purchase ammunition or the parts to make it (primers mainly). Since they are staying away from gun registration with this, it is one way to skirt the second ammendment. This time (before the 2000 election) they were not succesfull.
Sleek- "Has a small arsenal in the gun safe" -Jet.

flat broke
01-31-2005, 03:32 PM
The idea just goes to show how fing stupid some of these people are. It would be great to link a casing to a bullet, but when the bullet hits somethin, or as it is traveling down the barrel that nice little surface etching with a laser is likely to be destroyed or made unrecognizable, so what would be the eff'n point.
Maybe if the guy understood how the stuff he was trying to crack down on worked, he could do his job more effectively. :rolleyes: I know, we could test the durability of the laser etching on hollowpoints by using Boxxer as a test subject. This way should could stand up for what she "believes" in and help to make California a safer place. :D Once 1000 or so slugs are removed from her head, chest, limbs and torso, we can see whether or not the etching stand up. Either way it would make California a better place cause she'd be gone.
Chris

Old Texan
09-20-2006, 04:44 AM
I can see the typical headlines now:
"California Youth Killed by Unknown Bullet"
- Police were unable to identify the bullet that killed young Joe Blow early this morning. Unmarked ammunition is reportedly being smuggled into state by underground ammo traders. Authorities suspect a large segment of the criminal element in the state is avoiding detection by not following CA's registered ammo laws. The official word out of Sacremento is "Shame on them". :rolleyes:

YeLLowBoaT
09-20-2006, 05:32 AM
When will they get it... legal gun ownership is not the prob...
I remember when a few years back they wanted to "tax" every bullet sold.
Its a good thing I am well stocked up with ammo.

cdog
09-20-2006, 10:50 AM
It's all up to you guy's to vote this november and make your voice heard. If the dumbocraps get the majority we will see another AW ban only this time it will not expire and will cover high caps/over 10 rounds, ammo, reloading supplies, part kits and the ability to assemble them. Get involved dammit!

QuickJet
09-20-2006, 12:04 PM
Ok guys, educate me on this one. At this time I not really seeing the downfall of identifiable ammo (aside from the cost). I am pro gun so no need to go there and I also know that usually gun laws only hurt the law abidding since felons aren't allowed guns anyways. Currently I'm seeing this as an amature safety net that might help catch someone.

1978 Rogers
09-20-2006, 12:29 PM
What about this stupid story? WTF is up with California? How about sue the Dept of licensing.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060920/us_nm/environment_autos_dc

asch
09-20-2006, 02:00 PM
What about this stupid story? WTF is up with California? How about sue the Dept of licensing.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060920/us_nm/environment_autos_dc
I have YET to see or hear unbiased, unbogus evidence that global warming even exists. It's all based on bogus science.

probablecause
09-20-2006, 02:08 PM
I can see the typical headlines now:
"California Youth Killed by Unknown Bullet"
- Police were unable to identify the bullet that killed young Joe Blow early this morning. Unmarked ammunition is reportedly being smuggled into state by underground ammo traders. Authorities suspect a large segment of the criminal element in the state is avoiding detection by not following CA's registered ammo laws. The official word out of Sacremento is "Shame on them". :rolleyes:
Or... Owner of marked bullets questioned - another dead end lead. The owner of the hail of bullets that killed a South Central youth stated that he has not seen the bullets since they were stolen out of his work truck. He called the cops, and after five hours of waiting to make a report, had a life to live, so he went home. Marked bullets, another dumb-a$$ idea. The district attorney won't even file on a gun in a car full of baldies unless you can put the gun in someones hand. Don't hold your breath for crime lab prints because the unofficial word is that unless the gun is used in a violent crime, they aren't printing it.

cdog
09-20-2006, 02:43 PM
Ok guys, educate me on this one. At this time I not really seeing the downfall of identifiable ammo (aside from the cost). I am pro gun so no need to go there and I also know that usually gun laws only hurt the law abidding since felons aren't allowed guns anyways. Currently I'm seeing this as an amature safety net that might help catch someone.
What is this law going to stop? If I can just buy ammo in AZ or NV that does not have a # stamp. It's really just a ploy to make it harder for the gun and ammo mfg. to sell products in CA. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile.
Last month they tried to pass the no mail order ammo.
Two months before they tried to pass a no lead ammo ban.
Two months before that they tried to pass a no unteathered dog law against hunters.
And last year they got our idiot governor to sign a law against the 50 cal.
Their agenda is clear. :yuk:

YeLLowBoaT
09-20-2006, 03:02 PM
What is this law going to stop? If I can just buy ammo in AZ or NV that does not have a # stamp. It's really just a ploy to make it harder for the gun and ammo mfg. to sell products in CA. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile.
Last month they tried to pass the no mail order ammo.
Two months before they tried to pass a no lead ammo ban.
Two months before that they tried to pass a no unteathered dog law against hunters.
And last year they got our idiot governor to sign a law against the 50 cal.
Their agenda is clear. :yuk:
The no 50 BMG law was actaully pushed by the oil companys( unoffically)... some 1 released a report about the damage that could be done 50 bmg incindera round to a fuel storage tank...
besides its not like some any1 needs them... what are you hunting mac trucks?( sarcaism)
now when they wanted to ban the s&w 500 that was funny... they said gang bangers would use them... um yeah a gun that costs $1000, that you can't hide, nasty recoil and the ammo is about $100 for 20( cost at that time)... yeah all the gang bangers will want one...no gun store employee would remember selling one to a gang banger.. :rolleyes:

cdog
09-20-2006, 03:09 PM
The no 50 BMG law was actaully pushed by the oil companys( unoffically)... some 1 released a report about the damage that could be done 50 bmg incindera round to a fuel storage tank...
besides its not like some any1 needs them... what are you hunting mac trucks?( sarcaism)
now when they wanted to ban the s&w 500 that was funny... they said gang bangers would use them... um yeah a gun that costs $1000, that you can't hide, nasty recoil and the ammo is about $100 for 20( cost at that time)... yeah all the gang bangers will want one...no gun store employee would remember selling one to a gang banger.. :rolleyes:
Well then F them and arnie then. I'll be taking my tax paying ass to a free state like AZ eventually.

YeLLowBoaT
09-20-2006, 03:10 PM
I'm hoping to move to southern OR soon.

PAINELES
09-21-2006, 07:50 PM
Well then F them and arnie then. I'll be taking my tax paying ass to a free state like AZ eventually.
I'm hoping to move to southern OR soon.
it used to be "Welcome to california now go home"
now its "Welcome to california get me the F%#K out of here"

YeLLowBoaT
09-21-2006, 07:55 PM
Whats really funny is where I want to move in Southern OR, every 1 there is from CA. They don't want any more coming. My uncle built the block he lives on. every house he sold was to a retired PO or firemen from CA. Plus since there is very little skilled labor, I should have np finding a job/starting up my biz again.

SmokinLowriderSS
09-21-2006, 08:00 PM
Best of luck to ya YB. :)

asch
09-21-2006, 10:07 PM
It's all up to you guy's to vote this november
As much as I'm for voting, I'm afraid were past the point of a simple election in order to make things right. We need DRASTIC changes before its entriely too late. We're already about 45 years too late. At minimum, we need to go back 40-50 years and start over. That would be a beginning.
I heard an interesting proposal the other day. We should temporarily enact a dictatorship, rescind every law passed since 1900. From there...run the country based solely upon the constitution's original intent until things are back to normal however long that may take...then and only then, restore free elections.
That's the only solution I see that will work. Either that or stick it out another 50+ years and HOPE it gets better and not worse.
It's only gettin worse folks. Only the pie-in-the-sky, eutopian crowd will tell you it's better. The quality of life and degree of freedom is way lower than it was many years ago. Just talk to the people who grew up in the 50's.

cdog
09-22-2006, 07:49 AM
I agree with you. Just was tiring to keep from being to fanatical. So when do we start the revolution? :crossx:

deltaAce
09-22-2006, 08:04 AM
The criminals will always have a work-around for every stupid idea they come up with. "YO, got a fiddy rock fo ya, you's gotta go in da stoe an git me soom boolits!
Translation, "Hey, Iv'e got a $50. chunk of crack cocain for you, but you have to go into Wal-Mart & buy me some of them MARKED bullits, using your I.D.

asch
09-22-2006, 09:06 AM
I agree with you. Just was tiring to keep from being to fanatical. So when do we start the revolution? :crossx:
Ha ha.
***boats full of fanatics!
I'm afraid there'll be blood in the steets before anything meaningful will take place.
If you consider the historical trends of past free societies like Greece and the Roman Republic, they all rose and declined before falling. But...they eventually fell due to inversion of thought of the culture. This where the US is I believe. We've allowed a "multi-culture" existence to emerge that has fragmented our society. Rather than requiring the influx of people into this country to assimilate to our "traditonal" ways that made us a glorious nation, our politicians cater to the many cultures in order to "keep the vote", remain in office and make law based on the desires of those various cultures, especially in California, regardless of the results.
Of course... this is only one aspect of what's wrong in America. The problems are many.
As far as a revolution, I don't know, maybe that's what it'll take. I hope not though. At least not in the traditional sense of a revolution--as in overthrow of the government. I don't condone that. I don't believe the internal problems we have requires an all out conflict among Americans. I would think that if enough people want serious change, it could accomplished without war. But...some folks like corrupt lawyers and other certain people in the government ain't goin down without a fight. Consider Lincoln and the war between the states. That war never should have occured. Whatever was accomplished could have been done without people dying. The South wanted to be self governed with individual state rights but the North said no way, we're comin' in. What did it all accomplish? Nothing that couldn't be fixed without the war and massive loss of life.
I think both the far right and far left are intentionally or unintentionally driving this country off a cliff. Some are doing at the speed limit, some are at WOT. The result is still the same.

cdog
09-22-2006, 09:43 AM
Ha ha.
***boats full of fanatics!
I'm afraid there'll be blood in the steets before anything meaningful will take place.
If you consider the historical trends of past free societies like Greece and the Roman Republic, they all rose and declined before falling. But...they eventually fell due to inversion of thought of the culture. This where the US is I believe. We've allowed a "multi-culture" existence to emerge that has fragmented our society. Rather than requiring the influx of people into this country to assimilate to our "traditonal" ways that made us a glorious nation, our politicians cater to the many cultures in order to "keep the vote", remain in office and make law based on the desires of those various cultures, especially in California, regardless of the results.
Of course... this is only one aspect of what's wrong in America. The problems are many.
As far as a revolution, I don't know, maybe that's what it'll take. I hope not though. At least not in the traditional sense of a revolution--as in overthrow of the government. I don't condone that. I don't believe the internal problems we have requires an all out conflict among Americans. I would think that if enough people want serious change, it could accomplished without war. But...some folks like corrupt lawyers and other certain people in the government ain't goin down without a fight. Consider Lincoln and the war between the states. That war never should have occured. Whatever was accomplished could have been done without people dying. The South wanted to be self governed with individual state rights but the North said no way, we're comin' in. What did it all accomplish? Nothing that couldn't be fixed without the war and massive loss of life.
I think both the far right and far left are intentionally or unintentionally driving this country off a cliff. Some are doing at the speed limit, some are at WOT. The result is still the same.
Very well spoken. I agree 100%. Are you ready for SHTF? Or is that another thread? To me it's all the same subject. Why else would the state and goverment worried about citizens being armed?
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. "
Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

asch
09-23-2006, 10:13 AM
Are you ready for SHTF?
Probably sooner than we realize.
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. "
Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)
Two Excellent quotes.
Let us continue fighting the good fight.