PDA

View Full Version : The Fever

Waist Deep
01-31-2005, 04:57 PM
Alright, we've had a 21 Daytona for 6 yrs now and are very happy with it. But, after going to the show, we looked at 26' Forces, DCBs etc. Why spend over 100K on a DCB when you can get a force for 73K? I'm looking for opinions as I have no idea what the diff is. Naturally these 26' beautys need lake water depths, am I correct?

DrewDown
01-31-2005, 05:01 PM
Do you know what youve just started? A DCB cheerleader will be first to reply and will be offering you some koolaid. Have fun, you cant go wrong with either one.

sigepmock
01-31-2005, 05:02 PM
I already got my popcorn....this should be fun :)

revndave
01-31-2005, 05:05 PM
Keep the 21 hard to find those boats.Not many around.My 21 can kill most big cats.

mbrown2
01-31-2005, 05:15 PM
Buy used.....all owners, Force, DCB, Eliminator, etc....will have gone to the boatshow this weekend, got the same fever you did, spend Sunday and Monday convincing their wives, and be writing checks later this week to cure that 2-3 ft upgrade ITIS.....and you will be able to get their 26's for a good deal....I know of at least one 26 that will probably be on the market in the next week (not mine)....my .02

Jrocket
01-31-2005, 05:18 PM
I know of at least one 26 that will probably be on the market in the next week (not mine)....my .02
2000 DCB Mach26 w/HP500EFI and triple axle extreme trailer. :D

andy01
01-31-2005, 05:23 PM
Buy used.....all owners, Force, DCB, Eliminator, etc....will have gone to the boatshow this weekend, got the same fever you did, spend Sunday and Monday convincing their wives, and be writing checks later this week to cure that 2-3 ft upgrade ITIS.....and you will be able to get their 26's for a good deal....I know of at least one 26 that will probably be on the market in the next week (not mine)....my .02
Very good advice. There will be a lot of boats on the market in the next month. As river seasons gets close a lot of people that have waited till spring and the begining of season to list thier boat will. (Boats don't sell to good in the winter) and as Mike stated, there are a lot of people that go to the boat shows and get the bug. The only down side is you don't get to pick your power and gel coat. But for a 10 - 20% savings you may find something you can live with. If it was my money I would watch for a used Mach 26 or 25 Daytona over any other boat in that size range. And yes you will want deeper water.......
Andy (go ahead bash away cheerleaders)

UnionJack
01-31-2005, 05:27 PM
used used used... is the way to go.... but it is always fun to buy new

pleasantcat
02-01-2005, 06:02 AM
used is the way to go unless the tree out back is full of benjamins.
revn has a point though. i rarely se a nice 21 on the water anymore.

Sandbar Mike
02-01-2005, 07:21 AM
Alright, we've had a 21 Daytona for 6 yrs now and are very happy with it. But, after going to the show, we looked at 26' Forces, DCBs etc. Why spend over 100K on a DCB when you can get a force for 73K? I'm looking for opinions as I have no idea what the diff is. Naturally these 26' beautys need lake water depths, am I correct?
A 26 Force is a great boat and great value! Best bang for your buck!
Buying used is OK, You never know what your getting is the problem. I have to admit, there nothing like getting your boat build to your spec's.
Good Luck 21, I'm getting the itch myself after going to the show this Friday we'll see how I do? :D

Waist Deep
02-01-2005, 01:30 PM
No doubt, the 21 is a great boat for the river, but for the Lake, you gotta be big. Just like the space in the 26 and the appearance, oh and the speed. I did like the Force and the sales people were extremely helpful and not pushy at all.

Charley
02-01-2005, 01:41 PM
cheerleader#9 checking in....Buy used...... Force and DCB are both good boats.... look closely at the specific package and come back and ask an opinion about those specifics...