PDA

View Full Version : I got Nothin' to Bitch about,,,

Flying Tiger
01-31-2005, 05:52 PM
A few days ago, I was prepping to cut apart some skateboard ramps that have been sitting idle in my backyard. My son long since into other things, they're just rotting away and taking up space.
I got out the old Makita Sawsall to slice them up with, and my Makita 12v drill to remove the wheels.
I set the power tools on the floor of the garage, walked about 60 feet away and wheeled the skateboard ramps into the garage for demolition.
When I wheeled the ramps into the garage the Makitas were gone. Yep,, just that quick.
I rarely get ripped off. I read of the bad stuff that happens to people on this board so I consider myself lucky. Most would gladly trade their problems with mine.
But ya feel violated. Some a-hole stepped on my property, and quickly boned me.
If I caught them, nothing would have happened, even if I was able to turn them over to the authorities..
My lifes policy used to be to break peoples noses that did me wrong. But with age, I've reasoned up and mellowed out. Nothing like driving someone nose into their mellon that did you wrong. Today, it's lawsuits and jail if I did that,, even to a thief. So I use the system.
So, I put everything away, packed up the RV, and my son and I headed to Dumont Dunes to go riding & camping with Hells Angel Steve and his wife.
On the way there, I thought of the day I bought the Makitas. It was a long time ago.
I've long since moved onto higher voltage DeWalt and Milwalkie, but the Makitas were my start in business.
My grandfather once told me: "Their is no stopping what you can do in life, if ya just get up in the morning and go to work." The Makitas were my first step into that lifes journey.
I earned a lot of money with them, and gave them to my son. His first project was building a science project with them.
Sad to see them gone,, but like I said, many would gladly trade their problems for such a minor incident like mine.
So now it's chains through everything in the garage. My stuff outside on my huge RV parking and backyard all locked up too. Everything I own is locked solid. Motion detection lights ect.
If I step into the house for a second when tools are out, the garage door has to be closed.
I got nothin' to bitch about really,,, but my life has change from one simple incident.

Forkin' Crazy
01-31-2005, 06:15 PM
Damn man, I hate to hear that. I have been ripped off several times..... If this is all you have lost, consider yourself lucky. I too have learned to lock my stuff the hard way. I have a shop and shed 3 miles down a dirt road off a highway out in the country. I use to leave the tool boxes ect open while we were working in the fields. Stuff started coming up missing. Even then while keeping the boxes locked up, other things came up missing. Too bad. I am in the market for an electric over head door opener now.
Now if I could catch one, I would have to "play" with him for a while, before I would let him go. :skull:

Flying Tiger
01-31-2005, 09:50 PM
Damn man, I hate to hear that. I have been ripped off several times..... If this is all you have lost, consider yourself lucky. I too have learned to lock my stuff the hard way. I have a shop and shed 3 miles down a dirt road off a highway out in the country. I use to leave the tool boxes ect open while we were working in the fields. Stuff started coming up missing. Even then while keeping the boxes locked up, other things came up missing. Too bad. I am in the market for an electric over head door opener now.
Now if I could catch one, I would have to "play" with him for a while, before I would let him go. :skull:
It sux doesn't it?
Everytime you walk into the shop ya probably expect to be ripped off.

01-31-2005, 11:14 PM
It sux doesn't it?
Everytime you walk into the shop ya probably expect to be ripped off.Sad, Isn't it? Used to be you could acually leave your doors unlocked. No more...hell they'll steal the locks too. Maybe its time to go back the old west way of things, hang the bastards, not just the horse thieves either. Public hangings in the town square.

EricPhilbin
02-01-2005, 12:04 AM
Sorry to hear that man. Really sucks.
You don't have any pictures of the entrance to Dumont do you? I've got a few pictures of my dad, circa probably 1978 in his dune buggy days, building an offical "dumont dunes" sign at an/the entrance. Dont know if his sign is still there, but if it is thought it might be cool to know.
Once again, sorry to hear about the scum stealing from you.

Her454
02-01-2005, 12:30 PM
I rarely get ripped off. I read of the bad stuff that happens to people on this board so I consider myself lucky. Most would gladly trade their problems with mine. But my life has changed from one simple incident.
I can certainly relate to this FT. In 99' my house was robbed one weekend I was gone. They took family heirlooms, guns, jewelry, all my electronics, clothes, tools, tax paperwork, pictures, movies -you name it. Apparently there were two separate robberies and when I came home early on that Monday afternoon from work there were still 2 men in the house. I startled them as they did me and was lucky all they did was run out of the back door.
While I was crying and giving the police a report of all that had been taken, which was just about my entire household - an officer bent down and asked me if he overheard me earlier saying I had a teenage girl. I told him yes. She would have been coming home that day right about the time I did but as luck would have it, she stayed with a friend. Had it been her that surprised them instead of me, it could have been very different. I still can't go in a house alone at night by myself without feeling sick to my stomach and checking every closet etc...but I thank the Lord everyday that all they took was my belongings and nothing more........ its a strange feeling of being violated when they enter your home. I could never understand how people can steal what they obviously know is sentimental to someone else. I too consider myself lucky and that incident changed my life also.

Flying Tiger
02-01-2005, 03:45 PM
I can certainly relate to this FT.
While I was crying and giving the police a report of all that had been taken, which was just about my entire household - an officer bent down and asked me if he overheard me earlier saying I had a teenage girl.
That really sux Traci, sorry it happened to you.
I have a few little girls in the neighborhood that bring im my mail and feed the cat because I'm gone so much.
My biggest fear is not losing my stuff, but the child walking into a burgler.
So, It's the parents that have the philospy that their daughter is earning money on her own,, and they accompany her.
The mail can wait, the cat has crunchies and lots of gophers,, but it's such a BFD for the kids to get paid for what they do I stay with it.
By the way 058, they stole my HD disc locks too. Can ya beat that?

Flying Tiger
02-01-2005, 03:52 PM
Sorry to hear that man. Really sucks.
You don't have any pictures of the entrance to Dumont do you? I've got a few pictures of my dad, circa probably 1978 in his dune buggy days, building an offical "dumont dunes" sign at an/the entrance. Dont know if his sign is still there, but if it is thought it might be cool to know.
Once again, sorry to hear about the scum stealing from you.
I think Crow Dog has an entrance sign pic on his site, not sure if it's the original sign your dad put there.
On March 11th the friends of Dumont Dunes has their cleanup.
No BFD really. Grab a trashbag and fill it. Gifts, t shirts,,, social stuff,, and I open the Tiki Hut bar (host) with free booze and tri tip ect.
The movers and shakers of the duning world show up.http://www.duneguide.com/images/DumontRoadSign.jpg
This is the sign I saw last week.

02-01-2005, 06:47 PM
By the way 058, they stole my HD disc locks too. Can ya beat that?
Dirty bastards!! I bet they'd steal the hammer and nails you'd use to nail things down with.....Get a rope!!

Fiat48
02-01-2005, 08:29 PM
"My lifes policy used to be to break peoples noses that did me wrong. But with age, I've reasoned up and mellowed out. Nothing like driving someone nose into their mellon that did you wrong. Today, it's lawsuits and jail if I did that,, even to a thief. So I use the system."
That is the saddest part.

02-02-2005, 10:35 AM
"My lifes policy used to be to break peoples noses that did me wrong. But with age, I've reasoned up and mellowed out. Nothing like driving someone nose into their mellon that did you wrong. Today, it's lawsuits and jail if I did that,, even to a thief. So I use the system."
That is the saddest part.Bob, maybe in Nevada the system works but here in Babs Boxertown the system would punish you for being a filthy capitalist, having too much stuff and leaving it around for temptation to would-be criminals, and the thief that just ripped you off would be commended for trying to earn a living. In Calif. its called redistribution of wealth. :D

Fiat48
02-03-2005, 06:11 PM
No...what I meant was sad is we mellow out and don't punch em out anymore, the lawsuits and the whole damn system in general. That's what's sad.

Blown 472
02-03-2005, 08:29 PM
Sorry to hear bout that, but you got to love California. :burningm:

framer1
02-05-2005, 07:56 AM
I can certainly relate to this FT. In 99' my house was robbed one weekend I was gone. They took family heirlooms, guns, jewelry, all my electronics, clothes, tools, tax paperwork, pictures, movies -you name it. Apparently there were two separate robberies and when I came home early on that Monday afternoon from work there were still 2 men in the house. I startled them as they did me and was lucky all they did was run out of the back door.
While I was crying and giving the police a report of all that had been taken, which was just about my entire household - an officer bent down and asked me if he overheard me earlier saying I had a teenage girl. I told him yes. She would have been coming home that day right about the time I did but as luck would have it, she stayed with a friend. Had it been her that surprised them instead of me, it could have been very different. I still can't go in a house alone at night by myself without feeling sick to my stomach and checking every closet etc...but I thank the Lord everyday that all they took was my belongings and nothing more........ its a strange feeling of being violated when they enter your home. I could never understand how people can steal what they obviously know is sentimental to someone else. I too consider myself lucky and that incident changed my life also.
Sorry to here about the robbery, your right it could of been worse. I got robbed one time after that I bought a 12 gauge shotgun. After you have been robbed it is definitly different entering your house at night. It's been years so i'm pretty much over it. New house has an alarm.