PDA

View Full Version : Corona man jailed for Havasu accident

MUDXPRT
04-20-2006, 07:17 PM
Did anyone read in the press enterprise paper about the Corona guy only getting 1 year in jail for an accident in 2004 and he Killed a father and son. It was in the local section today april 20.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
04-20-2006, 08:34 PM
That suxs. Some good friends of ours lost their 12 year old daughter in a boating accident on Silverwood. The officers failed to check the BAC of the driver who hit them and he got about the same, might have even been 6 months. It's been a few years, so I don't quite remember. A life should be more valuable than that. Accidents, I understand, carelessness or recklessness, I don't.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
04-20-2006, 08:37 PM
From P-E Online:
A Corona man faces up to a year in county jail after pleading guilty to driving a speed boat that collided with catamaran on Lake Havasu in 2004, killing a Moorpark man and his son.
Robert Padilla pleaded guilty Tuesday to one count of boating under the influence, causing injury. He was scheduled to go on trial this week on two counts of vehicular manslaughter and a count of negligent use of watercraft under the influence causing injury.
Prosecutors reached a deal with Padilla's attorneys last week, said San Bernardino County Deputy District Attorney David Varman.
Padilla is scheduled to be sentenced July 18. Besides jail, he also faces a possible $1,000 fine. Steven Patchett, 48, and his two sons were on the 32-foot catamaran in June 2004 when it collided with a speedboat carrying six people. Patchett and his 10-year-old son, Tyler, were thrown from the boat and killed.
Patchett's older son, Stephan, now 20, was seriously injured.
Passengers in the speedboat suffered minor injuries.
Drunk driving, 2 counts of manslaughter including a 10 year old boy ( :( I have a 10 year old boy) and he gets UP TO one year and a POSSIBLE $1000 fine!!?? Where is the justice?

Outnumbered
04-20-2006, 10:25 PM
From P-E Online:
Padilla is scheduled to be sentenced July 18. Besides jail, he also faces a possible $1,000 fine.
"Ah...Mrs Patchett....sorry for the bad news but your husband and son's lifes are only worth $500 each."
WTF is wrong with this country!!! :mad: Shit like this just pisses me off!