PDA

View Full Version : Lakers coach is GONE...........

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
02-01-2005, 01:55 PM
Another one down (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1981564)

SCUBA STEVE
02-01-2005, 01:59 PM
Fock is Kobe that bad? :confused:
Time to get B-Scott over there. He isnt doing anything for the Hornets anyway. :cool:

Boat Loan Guy
02-01-2005, 02:05 PM
Does this mean another book about how bad Kobe really is...

jdogginla
02-01-2005, 02:05 PM
I was just get'n ready to post it...............you beat me to it! Love it love it love it!@$ GOOOOOO CLIPPERS!!!

dmontzsta
02-01-2005, 02:07 PM
Damn, that is nuts. I dont think it had anything to do with Kobe though. Kobe isnt that dumb, he knows the team needs a coach.
Can you tell someone to call Karl Malone and tell him there is a head coaching position. :D

Ziggy
02-01-2005, 02:37 PM
I see less and less people that actually care anymore. :(

Kilrtoy
02-01-2005, 02:39 PM
I wish the lakers would JUST GO AWAY

dmontzsta
02-01-2005, 02:48 PM
NEVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!

AirtimeLavey
02-01-2005, 03:06 PM
Damn hard being a Laker fan right now...reminds me a being a Lams fan years ago... :hammerhea

jdogginla
02-01-2005, 03:07 PM
Damn hard being a Laker fan right now...reminds me a being a Lams fan years ago... :hammerhea
Try being a Clipper Fan...........lol :hammerhea

SHOTKALLIN
02-01-2005, 03:08 PM
I'm ready to jump ship to the Clippers.....well almost ready. Can we get Byron Scott??? or Michael Cooper?

AirtimeLavey
02-01-2005, 03:08 PM
Try being a Clipper Fan...........lol :hammerhea
I feel ya...

SHOTKALLIN
02-01-2005, 03:10 PM
Better yet can we get Shaq back and trade Kobe? :D
Do you think Dr. Buss is kicking himself in the ass yet?

Brian Ray
02-01-2005, 03:11 PM
More like Kobe needs to go away!! Wish he would have decided to go play for the Clippers.....

surfer2001
02-01-2005, 03:16 PM
What’s wrong YOU guys? Do you only support the team when they are winning championships? If so then don’t pretend to be a fan. Don’t fly the Laker flags ever again. Fact, the Lakers have been, and still are one of the best sports franchises of all time. Forget Kob, and Hack, it’s the TEAM.

Havasu_Dreamin
02-01-2005, 03:16 PM
Better yet can we get Shaq back and trade Kobe? :D
Do you think Dr. Buss is kicking himself in the ass yet?
No kidding! Two junior varisty teams at Staples now.

totenhosen
02-01-2005, 03:18 PM
Bring in Michael Cooper to coach. Rudy T is a punk blaming it on bad play. Bad play in part is a reflection of your coaching or lack thereof.

dmontzsta
02-01-2005, 03:33 PM
What’s wrong YOU guys? Do you only support the team when they are winning championships? If so then don’t pretend to be a fan. Don’t fly the Laker flags ever again. Fact, the Lakers have been, and still are one of the best sports franchises of all time. Forget Kob, and Hack, it’s the TEAM.
They still have a chance to win the championship too. :) I have not lost hope.

jdogginla
02-01-2005, 03:34 PM
1st off.............we don't want anyone jumping our Clipper ship. You can stay on your sinking Laker ship!
2nd........MY Clippers are not a junior varsity....we may have been a semi-pro team in the past, but we've turned the corner!@@$%

AirtimeLavey
02-01-2005, 03:35 PM
They still have a chance to win the championship too. :) I have not lost hope.
Now, there's a fan... We are still talking about the Lakers, right?

OutCole'd
02-01-2005, 03:37 PM
AMEN !!
Great year, or not such a great year, still a LAKER fan.

looky_lou
02-01-2005, 03:38 PM
Who would want to coach that rebuilding project and its super star baby anyway. Good for Rudy. :p

totenhosen
02-01-2005, 03:41 PM
Who would want to coach that rebuilding project and its super star baby anyway. Good for Rudy. :p
It's not like Rudy didn't know that going into to the job.

totenhosen
02-01-2005, 03:43 PM
To all you bandwagon fans got off and jump ship. Hopefully you never come back! Just remember the Lakers are way under the salary cap and will be making a serious run at some free agents next year. Not only may we be in the lottery for a draft pick but we might end up getting a player like Yao.
So to the bandwagon fans don't let the door hit your azz on the way out.

AirtimeLavey
02-01-2005, 03:51 PM
To all you bandwagon fans got off and jump ship. Hopefully you never come back! Just remember the Lakers are way under the salary cap and will be making a serious run at some free agents next year. Not only may we be in the lottery for a draft pick but we might end up getting a player like Yao.
Not a bandwagon fan...just saying it's rough this year. Part of the game. It's to be expected...I think they made the right move. I was sick of hearing Shaq say he'll show up when it really matters...and don't get me started on the free throws...Sorry to see Rudy T. go, though. Kobe's still the most exciting athlete to watch...

MOBrien
02-01-2005, 03:58 PM
Agreed, Lake show is quickly becoming the Gong show............

looky_lou
02-01-2005, 04:05 PM
Yeah, hopefully they will go after some big guns like Malone and Payton. :cool:

totenhosen
02-01-2005, 04:08 PM
Yeah, hopefully they will go after some big guns like Malone and Payton. :cool:
I'll say this much had Malone been playing in the finals they would have won last year. In every series up until that one he was the x-factor.

Havasu_Dreamin
02-01-2005, 04:08 PM
2nd........MY Clippers are not a junior varsity....we may have been a semi-pro team in the past, but we've turned the corner!@@$%
Yeah, isn't that what they said the last time the Clippers went to the playoffs, in what, 94? Junior Varsity team, all the way.

looky_lou
02-01-2005, 04:09 PM
I'll say this much had Malone been playing in the finals they would have won last year. In every series up until that one he was the x-factor.
They could sure use his services right now. Thats for sure. :squiggle:

Havasu_Dreamin
02-01-2005, 04:10 PM
Let's hope so. Life-long Lakers fan here.

SHOTKALLIN
02-01-2005, 04:16 PM
I am a die hard Laker Fan!!! Don't get it twisted. I also like to see the Clips do well for a change but I am not a Clip fan. I am a Laker fan who hates the star player and thinks that the ownership is lacking. I don't know why Magic didn't talk Dr. Buss out of the terrible decision to trade Shaq over Kobe. Magic was the ULTIMATE team player and ought to know that Kobe doesn't have what it takes to be a team player. With Kobe the Lakers have put themselves into a Philly 76er/Allen Iverson situation.
just my .02 :coffeycup

totenhosen
02-01-2005, 04:21 PM
I am a die hard Laker Fan!!! Don't get it twisted. I also like to see the Clips do well for a change but I am not a Clip fan. I am a Laker fan who hates the star player and thinks that the ownership is lacking. I don't know why Magic didn't talk Dr. Buss out of the terrible decision to trade Shaq over Kobe. Magic was the ULTIMATE team player and ought to know that Kobe doesn't have what it takes to be a team player. With Kobe the Lakers have put themselves into a Philly 76er/Allen Iverson situation.
Because Shaq was fat and unmotivated. If he stayed with teh Lakers he would still be that way. He'll be gone from the laegue within 4 years.

a catered life
02-01-2005, 06:17 PM
Damn, that is nuts. I dont think it had anything to do with Kobe though. Kobe isnt that dumb, he knows the team needs a coach. :D
are you sure about that? :yuk:

a catered life
02-01-2005, 06:19 PM
Because Shaq was fat and unmotivated. If he stayed with teh Lakers he would still be that way. He'll be gone from the laegue within 4 years.
you may be right but know this i would rather have a chance at the playoffs with shaq than have my team lead by a selfish baby that has not proved himself in the league as a real leader :jawdrop:

dr. margarita
02-01-2005, 06:31 PM
Bullseye!!!!

SHOTKALLIN
02-01-2005, 07:06 PM
That fat unmotivated bastard got the Lakers 3 rings. :D How many rings will the Miami Heat get with Shaq??? I bet you a bottle of Goose they get thier first one this year.

Domn8er
02-01-2005, 07:35 PM
Well at least you are a die hard Laker fan. However, Shaq is the one that demanded to be traded. Even before the season started, last year in pre-season Shaq was demanding he get more money while he was playing on the court. Kobe not a team player??? He is 6 or 7th in the league in assists. Doesn't sound too selfish to me. This team reminds me of the bulls when they were winning all their championships. This is their first year together, it will take half the season to just start playing together...look at Houston. McGrady and Yao. That sounds unbelievable but they are behind the Lakers in the standings.

Roxysnow
02-01-2005, 08:09 PM
Well at least you are a die hard Laker fan. However, Shaq is the one that demanded to be traded. Even before the season started, last year in pre-season Shaq was demanding he get more money while he was playing on the court. Kobe not a team player??? He is 6 or 7th in the league in assists. Doesn't sound too selfish to me. This team reminds me of the bulls when they were winning all their championships. This is their first year together, it will take half the season to just start playing together...look at Houston. McGrady and Yao. That sounds unbelievable but they are behind the Lakers in the standings.
I still dig the Lakers but the Lakers biggest mistake was trading Shaq! Can always replace a Kobe but to replace a center like Shaq...noway! As for Kobe assists...He has to pass now because he can't drive the middle and with another good player, teams can put more pressure on him! Shiat! give any of those players the oportunities to shoot as much as Kobe, they'd probably have the same stats! my .02 cents :idea:

SHOTKALLIN
02-01-2005, 09:03 PM
I agree with that roxysnow. Kobe is forced to pass the ball. I think Kobe should have took that deal with the clips. :cry:

Roxysnow
02-01-2005, 09:05 PM
Would have had a better cast around him if he went with the Clips! And a much better coach!

Dr. Eagle
02-01-2005, 09:42 PM
They are....... one by one...... :hammer2:

Domn8er
02-01-2005, 09:47 PM
They are....... one by one...... :hammer2:
Long live the Lakers!!!

Dr. Eagle
02-01-2005, 09:52 PM
Long live the Lakers!!!
Maybe Coach Carter is looking for a job... he was great with dysfunctional youth...! :squiggle:

Domn8er
02-01-2005, 09:57 PM
I still dig the Lakers but the Lakers biggest mistake was trading Shaq! Can always replace a Kobe but to replace a center like Shaq...noway! As for Kobe assists...He has to pass now because he can't drive the middle and with another good player, teams can put more pressure on him! Shiat! give any of those players the oportunities to shoot as much as Kobe, they'd probably have the same stats! my .02 cents :idea:
Don't get me wrong, I miss Shaq. He is the most domn8ing( :rollside: ) player in the league. But you can not replace Kobe. He has a lot more time to play in the league than Shaq does. And what can you do when Shaq demands to be traded, not trade him, have him play half ass and then when his contract is up get nothing to trade for? They always poll the coaches on who'd they prefer to take the last shot when the game is on the line and Kobe is always in the top three. And yes, I am a biased fan. :boxed: Also heard on the radio this morning...posibility of Phil coming back :idea: :idea:

dmontzsta
02-01-2005, 09:58 PM
Now, there's a fan... We are still talking about the Lakers, right?
yup, there are no other teams to talk about.

Domn8er
02-01-2005, 10:42 PM
I took this from Yahoo sports...
O'Neal was traded less than a week after Tomjanovich was hired. Because of their friendship, O'Neal called Tomjanovich before he got the Lakers' job and told him he wasn't coming back, no matter what.
So even before he was actually traded there was nothing the Lakers could have done. He had already made up his mind.

Roxysnow
02-01-2005, 10:54 PM
I took this from Yahoo sports...
O'Neal was traded less than a week after Tomjanovich was hired. Because of their friendship, O'Neal called Tomjanovich before he got the Lakers' job and told him he wasn't coming back, no matter what.
So even before he was actually traded there was nothing the Lakers could have done. He had already made up his mind.
That's true! the problem should have been taken care of a year brefore that! Shaq would be stupid not wanting to leave after putting up with Kobe's bullshiat for so long! I think Phil said the same thing too. As for shooting to clutch.....I would gladly give up a player that can hit the clutch shot. Hell, I think 3-4 games out of 160 thing games actually come down to the final shot. Shiat, they should have kept HORRY then. I'd rather win the other 155 or so games by larger margins with a dominant center and a strong supporting crew. Hey wait LOOK AT MIAMI! :D And now you're going to tell me Tomanvich is quitting because of health??? Bullshiat! try Kobe can't follow instruction and Bus is Kobe's biatch!

Roxysnow
02-01-2005, 10:56 PM
Oh...and Phil isn't coming back! at least not to the Lakers!

Domn8er
02-01-2005, 11:06 PM
That's true! the problem should have been taken care of a year brefore that! Shaq would be stupid not wanting to leave after putting up with Kobe's bullshiat for so long! I think Phil said the same thing too. As for shooting to clutch.....I would gladly give up a player that can hit the clutch shot. Hell, I think 3-4 games out of 160 thing games actually come down to the final shot. Shiat, they should have kept HORRY then. I'd rather win the other 155 or so games by larger margins with a dominant center and a strong supporting crew. Hey wait LOOK AT MIAMI! :D And now you're going to tell me Tomanvich is quitting because of health??? Bullshiat! try Kobe can't follow instruction and Bus is Kobe's biatch!
Kevin, it's all about the playoffs. They take 8 teams. So when playoffs come, each game is going to be clutch, so would I rather have Shaq who can't make a free throw or Kobe when the Lakers are down by 1 with 2 seconds on the clock. Give me Kobe all day long and for the next seven years.

dmontzsta
02-01-2005, 11:07 PM
There is LOTS of talk on the Lakers forums right now.
BIG rumor right now is Jack Haley the FSN analyst slipped up in a broadcast and said Rudy was fired. Supposedly Rudy had a meeting with the Lakers management last week and came out upset. Then he called off for the Friday game and they fired him. Jeanie Buss (Owners Daugher and Phil's GF) said Phil is thinking of coming back to coach and would ONLY coach for the Lakers or Knicks. Lots of talk right now, who knows what really is going down.

Domn8er
02-01-2005, 11:09 PM
There is LOTS of talk on the Lakers forums right now.
BIG rumor right now is Jack Haley the FSN analyst slipped up in a broadcast and said Rudy was fired. Supposedly Rudy had a meeting with the Lakers management last week and came out upset. Then he called off for the Friday game and they fired him. Jeanie Buss (Owners Daugher and Phil's GF) said Phil is thinking of coming back to coach and would ONLY coach for the Lakers or Knicks. Lots of talk right now, who knows what really is going down.
That's what I heard, Phil back on the Lakers. :idea: Can Phil and Kobe get along? Stay tuned as the saga continues...LOL I sure in the heck hope so.

Roxysnow
02-01-2005, 11:25 PM
Kevin, it's all about the playoffs. They take 8 teams. So when playoffs come, each game is going to be clutch, so would I rather have Shaq who can't make a free throw or Kobe when the Lakers are down by 1 with 2 seconds on the clock. Give me Kobe all day long and for the next seven years.
Exactly, 8 teams and the Lakers will not be one of them. Kobe doesn't have the suppport. Just like last year against Detroit, Detroit let Shaq score at will (because they couldn't stop him) and put pressure on Kobe and Kobe folded. You can give him the ball all day but he sure isn't going to drive the middle! MAybe that's why his assists are up? As for last minute shots, I can count them on my fingers for Kobe. Take a look at the Miami players now. All good not great but with a dominating center (he's only 32) it free's the paremeter. Now every player is potentially more dangerous! Don't get me wrong, I am a Laker fan but let's be honest, you keep giving Kobe the ball for the next 7 seven years without support and this is the team you're going to have for the next 7 years also. :D

shueman
02-02-2005, 06:29 AM
Fock basketball all together. Bunch of ganstas. The only real player is Lebron James....
When's BASEBALL start... :D

SCUBA STEVE
02-02-2005, 07:25 AM
Fock basketball all together. Bunch of ganstas. The only real player is Lebron James....
When's BASEBALL start... :D
lmao!! Lebron is balling right now! :2purples:
I think all athletes make too much $
Why in the hell do us as fans that pay the athletes salary, allow them to make so much $$$. 20 million to play 82 games $243k for 48 minutes, $5000/per minute. WTF!!! Why do we pay $10 a beer when that $10 can get you a 12 pack! Don't even get me started on endorsements & advertising. :mad:
There should be a base salary for all players, the rest of the $ should come from insentives. That would get the guys to show up and ball each and every night. Same thing for baseball.
Football, is questionable that is a rough sport. :hammerhea
If a player has a season ending injury their base salary should cover their living expenses, and the team will p/u the medical bills.
If a player has a career ending injury the team should have a good compensation package for them, as well as pay for the medical bills.
If this were to happen you will see more kids finish college, get their degree, so when their playing day's are over, they will have something else to fall back on. Just my .02

AirtimeLavey
02-02-2005, 08:08 AM
lmao!! Lebron is balling right now! :2purples:
I think all athletes make too much $
Why in the hell do us as fans that pay the athletes salary, allow them to make so much $$$. 20 million to play 82 games $243k for 48 minutes, $5000/per minute. WTF!!! Why do we pay $10 a beer when that $10 can get you a 12 pack! Don't even get me started on endorsements & advertising. :mad:
There should be a base salary for all players, the rest of the $ should come from insentives. That would get the guys to show up and ball each and every night. Same thing for baseball.
Football, is questionable that is a rough sport. :hammerhea
If a player has a season ending injury their base salary should cover their living expenses, and the team will p/u the medical bills.
If a player has a career ending injury the team should have a good compensation package for them, as well as pay for the medical bills.
If this were to happen you will see more kids finish college, get their degree, so when their playing day's are over, they will have something else to fall back on. Just my .02
I'll sign that petition... :mad:

SCUBA STEVE
02-02-2005, 08:23 AM
I'll sign that petition... :mad:
Oh I forgot to add the practice time athletes put in. So I guess they are making around $100 a minute now. lol
Allan Iverson- "practice, we are talking about practice man" :D

AirtimeLavey
02-02-2005, 08:36 AM
Oh I forgot to add the practice time athletes put in. So I guess they are making around $100 a minute now. lol
Allan Iverson- "practice, we are talking about practice man" :D
Ya, you know Sprewell's family has to survive somehow... :hammer2:

Domn8er
02-02-2005, 08:50 AM
Exactly, 8 teams and the Lakers will not be one of them. Kobe doesn't have the suppport. Just like last year against Detroit, Detroit let Shaq score at will (because they couldn't stop him) and put pressure on Kobe and Kobe folded. You can give him the ball all day but he sure isn't going to drive the middle! MAybe that's why his assists are up? As for last minute shots, I can count them on my fingers for Kobe. Take a look at the Miami players now. All good not great but with a dominating center (he's only 32) it free's the paremeter. Now every player is potentially more dangerous! Don't get me wrong, I am a Laker fan but let's be honest, you keep giving Kobe the ball for the next 7 seven years without support and this is the team you're going to have for the next 7 years also. :D
Not make the playoffs??? Come on now. I hope you are not serious. There is no doubt that they will make the playoffs. Last year they lost because Detroit was a better rebounding team. This year the Lakers are 1 or 2 in team rebounds. They are quicker and have more fast break points then they have had in the past few years. And Kobe still drives the middle-Shaq was fouled out when Kobe drove the middle when they played. And Miami...the east is weak...bottom line. Out of Miami's 14 loses, 10 were from the Western Conference.

SCUBA STEVE
02-02-2005, 08:51 AM
Ya, you know Sprewell's family has to survive somehow... :hammer2:
lmfao!! Forgot about that. Those guys have it made, and still bitch about things. :confused:
Don't the have a spread in the locker rooms for players to grub on, he could have took a doggy bag. :rollside: :cool:

totenhosen
02-02-2005, 09:00 AM
That fat unmotivated bastard got the Lakers 3 rings. :D How many rings will the Miami Heat get with Shaq??? I bet you a bottle of Goose they get thier first one this year.
I'll take you up on that!

Ducatista
02-02-2005, 10:10 AM
I've been a basketball fan all my life, but I must chime in and say I am totally disgusted with the Laker organization right now. In 4 years they have gone from the team with the best GM(West), best coach(9 championships), best dominating center & guard to a average team with Kobe and several very good role players, nothing more. I blame them all. Buss, Kupchak & Jackson for allowing the Shaq/Kobe feud to break apart the team, and Shaq & Kobe for both being complete jerks. Throw in the L.A. media, and it made for a nasty train wreck. They all are to blame, and quite frankly I don't feel that they deserve my hard earned dollars right now. Call it jumpin ship, bandwagon or whatever, they need to earn my respect back as an organization, before I can really support them in the future. I hope that they do, and with Buss as the owner I believe that they can, but they have alot of fences to mend right now. :mad: