PDA

View Full Version : Anyone build custom mufflers for boats?

hallett 260
02-01-2005, 04:42 PM
Unfortunately, my exhust tips are right behind the hydralic steering allowing for only about 4" of clearance between the transom and the rams.
Does anyone know somebody who can custom build a muffler for inside the boat where the S pipe would fit? Or can the Rex mufflers be modified? Any other suggestions?
Z

HOOTER SLED-
02-01-2005, 04:45 PM
Unfortunately, my exhust tips are right behind the hydralic steering allowing for only about 4" of clearance between the transom and the rams.
Does anyone know somebody who can custom build a muffler for inside the boat where the S pipe would fit? Or can the Rex mufflers be modified? Any other suggestions?
Z
You should try hitting up the exhaust manufaturers. I'm sure most of them do custom work. I Think CMI and Lightning does for sure.

BOBALOO
02-01-2005, 05:00 PM
Talk to Grant at GGB exhaust. He will make anything you want. I just installed some clamp-on mufflers that only stick out from the transom 7 1/2 " . They cost me 330 bucks but I hear the first ticket is 250$ and each following ticket will go up from there, so a little spent now will save me later.

hallett 260
02-02-2005, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the leads. I am in the process of repowering so now is the time to do it. I don't want to spend $1000.00 on exhaust only to get $250 tickets.