PDA

View Full Version : Clear Rear-Diff Covers?????

100mbs
02-01-2005, 10:14 PM
Has anybody seen these things? They are coming out with Clear Valve covers as well.
Trans Dapt is the manufacture and they are called Cleargerz.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1970LeftAngleD-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1970OnGroundPlugD-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1970StraitOnD.jpg

rvrpig
02-01-2005, 10:23 PM
Looks kewl but do they handle the rocks like stock one's?
what about heat damage and discoloring?

rvrpig
02-01-2005, 10:25 PM
Found this on there sight....
Maintenance is simple-Wash with soap and water only. Chemicals such as brake fluid, gasoline, paint thinner, etc. will damage or destroy the look or integrity of your cover. In the case of light scratches we recommend the use of a Polycarbonate approved plastic polish.
i dont think I want those on my truck if gas and paint thinner eats away the cover! :2purples:

TOBTEK
02-01-2005, 10:26 PM
those are pretty sweet, may grab one.

100mbs
02-01-2005, 10:37 PM
I htink the Clear valve covers would be cool. But nobody really sees them.
Who is pouring gas and brake fluid over their rear diffs???

PHX ATC
02-02-2005, 06:19 AM
Show vehicles, yes. Everyday drivers, no.
I give that thing a week and it'll be cracked leaking goo all down into my driveway. :crossx:

Jordy
02-02-2005, 08:36 AM
One place was advertising them as indestructable. Made from bulletproof lexan and tougher than the original steel cover, not something to baby around and keep chemicals off of. Granted, I never have gasoline anywhere near my truck, except in 5 gallon jugs for the bike and quad. :D
I think if I was going to do anything, I'd go with the big Mag-hytech pan that holds an extra couple gallons of fluid and has the cooling fins on it. :cool:

100mbs
02-02-2005, 09:18 AM
One place was advertising them as indestructable. Made from bulletproof lexan and tougher than the original steel cover, not something to baby around and keep chemicals off of. Granted, I never have gasoline anywhere near my truck, except in 5 gallon jugs for the bike and quad. :D
I think if I was going to do anything, I'd go with the big Mag-hytech pan that holds an extra couple gallons of fluid and has the cooling fins on it. :cool:
I was reading the manufactures website and they were saying the same thing that they are made with the same material that Bullet proof glass is made of.
I like the Mag-Hytec idea for sure.

rvrpig
02-02-2005, 10:58 AM
I was just thinking is things that might leak out of the bed...(stuff I was hauling). Plus the fact that who knows what might be on the road when you dive through it. The risk of having it eat through vs the kewl look is not worth it for me.

100mbs
02-02-2005, 12:46 PM
I was just thinking is things that might leak out of the bed...(stuff I was hauling). Plus the fact that who knows what might be on the road when you dive through it. The risk of having it eat through vs the kewl look is not worth it for me.
Yeah you definetly dont want to have that thing fail on you when you are towing your boat down Rice Rd. That would Suck!!!

Wild Horses
02-02-2005, 01:38 PM
My son put one on his lifted 95 Chev 4x4. He mudded with it broke the Fabtech lift many times in the mountains and never had a problem with the clear diff cover.
He thought it was cool. :cool:
Clint

Wild Horses
02-02-2005, 01:39 PM
Oh yea he also broke a tooth off of his ring gear. It didn't phase the cover.
Clint