PDA

View Full Version : emmitt smith to sign with the cowboys

Keith
02-02-2005, 06:33 AM
the local buzz around here is that emmitt smith will sign with the dallas cowboys and then anounce his retirement. this will enable him to retire as a cowboy where he played for 13 years.
:jawdrop:
yahoo news (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpNWZic251BF9TAzI1NjY0ODI1BHNlYwN0 aA--?slug=ap-cardinals-emmitt-retirement&prov=ap&type=lgns)
a player who conducted himself properly both on and off the field.
he will be missed

PHX ATC
02-02-2005, 07:21 AM
Nicely done, surely don't want to retire as a friggin loser Cardinal.
He always will be a Cowboy! :rollside:

carreraboat
02-02-2005, 07:56 AM
hey watch it?
:lightsabe

dbddbd
02-02-2005, 08:20 AM
lol you guys are killing me, hilarious, remember there is always a good guy out there who is a fan of even the lesser teams, well done Carrera Boat

AquaBoogie
02-02-2005, 08:27 AM
the local buzz around here is that emmitt smith will sign with the dallas cowboys and then anounce his retirement. this will enable him to retire as a cowboy where he played for 13 years.
:jawdrop:
yahoo news (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpNWZic251BF9TAzI1NjY0ODI1BHNlYwN0 aA--?slug=ap-cardinals-emmitt-retirement&prov=ap&type=lgns)
a player who conducted himself properly both on and off the field.
he will be missed
Read about that yesterday. I would love to see it happen!

Jordy
02-02-2005, 08:45 AM
The local buzz here is that he isn't going anywhere. One of his comments was "You saw me play last season, does that look like someone who is ready to retire?" The sports guy on the news commented back, "No, that looks like someone who should have retired a couple years ago. :D :D :D
But you know, the only reason the Cardinals suck ass is because they're playing in a college stadium. Once they have the new eleven dozen billion dollar taxpayer heaven, they're Supa Bowl bound. :idea: :D :rolleyes:

PHX ATC
02-02-2005, 09:04 AM
hey watch it?
:lightsabe
I'm just looking at the record. They're losers. That's all. I don't follow football much anymore since they get paid millions of $$$, make one little tackle (that's their job) and the whoop it up, dancing around like they've won the lottery, which, I guess, in a way, they have.
They've some good players, but their management tier is rather lacking and uncaring. Just ask any player who's been through the Cardinal system lately. I'm sure there's sour grapes in there, but I don't think the Cardinals are well liked for a myriad of reasons.
I could care less really. I didn't mean to offend anyone at all about their team that they support.
Except for SCUBA STEVE..........USC blows!!!! :D

Jordy
02-02-2005, 09:05 AM
Except for SCUBA STEVE..........USC blows!!!! :D
Yeah, those wanna be Sun Devil stealing school color So Cal fags. :D :D :D
Jordy <----- stirring it up. :D

a catered life
02-02-2005, 09:08 AM
this whole story sucks.......we look up to these dam nfl and nba players to dam much. if one of us was fired by a company after working for any amount of years we would not give a puck :supp: where we retired from as long as they sent the check to the po box at the lake. :sleeping:

HCS
02-02-2005, 09:11 AM
this whole story sucks.......we look up to these dam nfl and nba players to dam much. if one of us was fired by a company after working for any amount of years we would not give a puck :supp: where we retired from as long as they sent the check to the po box at the lake. :sleeping:
Ya..who cares. :220v:

PHX ATC
02-02-2005, 11:56 AM
Yeah, those wanna be Sun Devil stealing school color So Cal fags. :D :D :D
Jordy <----- stirring it up. :D
What Stirmeister Jordy said. :jawdrop:

NoCal NoBoat
02-02-2005, 01:16 PM
Always respected him when he lined up against the Niners.
He became a favorite of mine when he finished his Batchelors degree late in his NFL career. That was something different for a well-paid running back, and I sent him a "congratulations graduate" card.
Of course, he didn't reply, but I don't hold a grudge. Even if his autograph is a nice one, and relatively scarce.

carreraboat
02-03-2005, 07:56 PM
no i understand phx just givin you chit i know i have a looser team RIGHT NOW but one of thses days? Well at least i wont be a band wagon fan right?

Rod-64
02-03-2005, 07:59 PM
The Cardinals are the L.A. Clippers of the NFL............. :yuk:

Simplify
02-03-2005, 08:20 PM
Just finished watching a clip of his retirement speech. Unlike most athletes these days, he handled himself with class on and off the field. Todays athletes need to take note on how to appreciate their God-given talent and making the most of a professional career.

VEGASBABY
02-03-2005, 08:55 PM
Ive been a loyal Cowboys fan since I was 6yrs old,(Im 38 now)been to many Cowboys games, and I totally respect Emmit for his accomplishments! but like so many players do today they bail on the people that love'em, chase the buck and for what? to comeback to Dallas and retire a Cowboy!?! BS he should of thought about his retirement before he left, and stuck with the guys that made him the player he was! The NFL sucks because players only play for the money not the Game! If Dallas is so great why leave? Could you imagin if he stayed with Dallas and retired? Texas would have named a city after him! Anyways, my opinion, maybe just pissed off because I miss the old days and this Sunday there aint no Silver and Blue on the field, good luck to #22!! :(

PHX ATC
02-03-2005, 09:40 PM
no i understand phx just givin you chit i know i have a looser team RIGHT NOW but one of thses days? Well at least i wont be a band wagon fan right?
You know it...when they turn over a new leaf, you can bust my chops for being a band wagon fan...or being run over by the wagon! :D

shueman
02-04-2005, 08:18 AM
Just finished watching a clip of his retirement speech. Unlike most athletes these days, he handled himself with class on and off the field. Todays athletes need to take note on how to appreciate their God-given talent and making the most of a professional career.
Well said...one of the few, that's for sure....Walter Payton also comes to mind....