PDA

View Full Version : Looking for installation suggestions

bocco
02-02-2005, 02:09 PM
I have a 1981 Eliminator 20.5 that I want to install a very basic system in. I have almost no space on the dashboard and I would rather not butcher any fiberglass if I can avoid it. The boat has never had any kind of sound system in it and I am looking for any suggetions on mounting options. The speakers are not a problem I have a few good spots for them. And pictures would be really great.
Thanks
Gary

ROZ
02-02-2005, 04:19 PM
A few have made center or side consoles that fit just beneath/behind the dash..
I think Kwicherbitchen has a center console that has a passthrough for skis... If it's his I remember seeing, it looks pretty nice...

Scape Goat
02-02-2005, 06:47 PM
Bocco I think that in the seat base or side panels would be the best locations
That is where I have them and it is the same boat as yours

riverbound
02-02-2005, 08:26 PM
In my parent's 22' Stoker. We actually put NO Radio in it. Here is what we did.
Ipod goes into an Alpine Eq (which is hidden under the seat)
EQ goes into the amps which then go to the speakers and woofers.
The reason we went this route was to avoid cutting the dash, and we couldnt really find any suitable locations to mount a radio. We have seen a trend towards going this route lately and it is an option I would definitely consider. You are going to pay the same amount of $ to buy a head unit as you would to buy an Ipod and you can at least take the Ipod with you and use it other palces. In my boat I have XM AM FM CD and Ipod and use the Ipod almost all the time. If yo do go this route you dont have to use an EQ you can put the Ipod directly into a line driver.

ROZ
02-03-2005, 12:31 AM
In my parent's 22' Stoker. We actually put NO Radio in it. Here is what we did.
Ipod goes into an Alpine Eq (which is hidden under the seat)
EQ goes into the amps which then go to the speakers and woofers.
The reason we went this route was to avoid cutting the dash, and we couldnt really find any suitable locations to mount a radio. We have seen a trend towards going this route lately and it is an option I would definitely consider. You are going to pay the same amount of $ to buy a head unit as you would to buy an Ipod and you can at least take the Ipod with you and use it other palces. In my boat I have XM AM FM CD and Ipod and use the Ipod almost all the time. If yo do go this route you dont have to use an EQ you can put the Ipod directly into a line driver.
RUBTHS did the same thing to his old boat. Handheld mp3 player into a rtx03 crossover and on to his amps... DAmn, I forgot all about that...Worked out reallynice :)

INSman
02-03-2005, 07:33 AM
RUBTHS did the same thing to his old boat. Handheld mp3 player into a rtx03 crossover and on to his amps... DAmn, I forgot all about that...Worked out reallynice :)
ROZ, check your PM please..