PDA

View Full Version : what's a wedge??

ED
08-25-2000, 05:42 AM
What's a wedge, where can i get one, how much, can I install it with average skills?
Also has anyone used Place's rooster booster??

Travis Petersen
09-08-2000, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by ED:
What's a wedge, where can i get one, how much, can I install it with average skills?
Also has anyone used Place's rooster booster??

MikeC
09-08-2000, 09:12 PM
Howdy Ed,
A rooster booster is supposed to enhance your rooster tail. The general rule out on the lakes is, go with a Droop Snoot. I just installed a Place Droop on my Jet and am very happy with the quality and performance so far!
A wedge is exactly what it sounds like. A wedge! It is used to change the angle of a Nozzle.
Simple right!
Oh yea, one more note, you need to have a split bowl to be able to use a wedge (ie; JG or JB).
Good Luck
MC

ED
09-14-2000, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by MikeC:
Howdy Ed,
A rooster booster is supposed to enhance your rooster tail. The general rule out on the lakes is, go with a Droop Snoot. I just installed a Place Droop on my Jet and am very happy with the quality and performance so far!
A wedge is exactly what it sounds like. A wedge! It is used to change the angle of a Nozzle.
Simple right!
Oh yea, one more note, you need to have a split bowl to be able to use a wedge (ie; JG or JB).
Good Luck
MC
OK, now what is a split bowl & how do I know if I have one? What's JG or JB? Sorry, but I
really don't know much about this.. yet.

spectras only
10-03-2000, 02:59 PM
Hi Ed, just look at you bowl at the nozzle assembly, if you see the split and gasket and 8 bolts than you have a JG bowl.Also it is marked on the emblem inside on the suction piece top of the thrust bearing housing.The emblem should also say what size impeller you got ,unless somebody changed it before you got the boat.