PDA

View Full Version : What Kind Is This Boat??

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
02-02-2005, 10:22 PM
http://www.recycler.com/img/spot/41639812.JPG I SAW IT FOR SALE 2 YEARS AGO...I THINK...IT HAS A 331 IN IT..A HEMI??THINK IT MIGHT BE A GOOD PROJECT.... THANKS FOR ANY INFO

Kindsvater Flat
02-02-2005, 10:23 PM
Looks like Vale paint..... Can't help ya on the boat though.

wsuwrhr
02-02-2005, 10:24 PM
You do not want to be messing with ANY early hemis.
Not that they dont make power, but damn....a diehard powerplant.
Brian

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
02-02-2005, 10:27 PM
Are The Mounts The Same On A 440 Rb???

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
02-02-2005, 10:27 PM
MAN THE DODGE GUYS HIT THIS FAST :D

Kindsvater Flat
02-02-2005, 10:33 PM
Not even close to being the same. I believe the 331 was the baby or there might be one smaller.

repo man
02-02-2005, 10:53 PM
331 354 392 hemi's and it looks like dmontza lavey

dmontzsta
02-03-2005, 07:21 AM
331 354 392 hemi's and it looks like dmontza lavey
Nice paint, but it looks a little bit more bulky. Also there is no deck pattern. Also, the Laveys deck is a little longer and pointier. Who knows what it is, but it is a cool oldie.
Lets go to CBBB! :D

wsuwrhr
02-03-2005, 07:31 AM
Are The Mounts The Same On A 440 Rb???
I want to say a 727 bolts to it since I have an early hemi trans here, but I couldn't answer it without a doubt.
Regardless,
Mounts can be MADE pal. If you want that boat, jump on it. The motor is worth something to someone.
Brian

wsuwrhr
02-03-2005, 07:32 AM
MAN THE DODGE GUYS HIT THIS FAST :D
You got that right.
CAMMONNNNNNNNNNN
Brian

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
02-03-2005, 07:44 AM
Gunna Call The Guy In A Few..gotta Get Something To Get Back To The V-drive Bashes..too Much Fun..miss You Guys Cammonnnnnnnnnnn
:d

dmontzsta
02-03-2005, 07:45 AM
Gunna Call The Guy In A Few..gotta Get Something To Get Back To The V-drive Bashes..too Much Fun..miss You Guys Cammonnnnnnnnnnn
:d
They all come back. :D I remember your old V-Drive, I think you were the first person I talked to on instant messanger when I found this place.

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
02-03-2005, 07:48 AM
YEAH I REMBER THAT HAHAHA..THE OLD V-DRIVE :cry: GAVE IT AWAY FOR A HUG AND A KISS..ALL GOOD..AS LONG AS THE HULL AND PAINT ARE GOOD ON THIS BOAT THE REST SHOULD BE EASY..

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
02-03-2005, 08:39 AM
Ok I Can Get This Boat For 500 Bucks. The Kid Got It From A Police Inpound, But Knows The Og Owner..says The V-drive Is There,prop Everything Less Motor...all Paper Work Too. He Said Its A Boiseen Something???never Herd Of It..i Have A 454 With Everything..how Much Would A Rail Kit Be???it Also Has Threw Transom Holes..i Would Want To Run That Too..what You All Think??

dmontzsta
02-03-2005, 09:10 AM
Ok I Can Get This Boat For 500 Bucks. The Kid Got It From A Police Inpound, But Knows The Og Owner..says The V-drive Is There,prop Everything Less Motor...all Paper Work Too. He Said Its A Boiseen Something???never Herd Of It..i Have A 454 With Everything..how Much Would A Rail Kit Be???it Also Has Threw Transom Holes..i Would Want To Run That Too..what You All Think??
$500 is nothing, the V-Drive is worth that. The paint on that boat looks very good and it is a cool oldie. If you have the cash, I say go for it, before someone else does, they go quick.

ssmike
02-03-2005, 12:42 PM
Vale paint....thats some funny shit KF....
This old tub aint worth the effort. $500 would be better spent on "hookers and beer." (Superdave)
Save up the coin and buy a nice rig.....in the long run, you'd spend less and smile more.

superdave013
02-03-2005, 02:22 PM
SN Mike, It's "Beer & Hookers for me and all my friends". You were close but ya gotta get it right :D

taxman
02-03-2005, 02:25 PM
hey cp whatcha doing with my aviator

dmontzsta
02-03-2005, 02:55 PM
hey cp whatcha doing with my aviator
I think he had it first, waaaay back.

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
02-03-2005, 04:06 PM
HAD IT FOR A WHILE..BUT I GOT THE GOOD PART :jawdrop:

taxman
02-03-2005, 04:31 PM
OK lets share the biatch!!!!!!

MoJetBoPar
02-03-2005, 06:55 PM
It looks very similar to a 60's Rayson Craft "J-hull". They both have that "not pointy" keel line that drops abruptly down from the bow tip and rolls under.
Very little to nothing is common with a 440RB when you're talking a "early" Hemi. There were more than 20 different displacements offered total by the Dodge/Desoto/Chrylser brands. The 331/354/392 were Chrysler brand (Imperial, Windsor, New Yorker and whatever) specific and used primarily in all the legendary race applications. There's actually more in common with the Mopar smallblock (318 Poly, 273/318/340/360 LA) than big block. some of those early Hemi's had extended crankshaft flanges and the area at the bellhousing for Marine/Industrial applications.
Personally, with my budget, I'd buy it and do a cool 60's retro thing with it using whatever brand motor you want. Nicson/Edelbrock marine hardware is on Ebay all the time. You won't be the fastest but you'll be your own sort of cool.

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
02-03-2005, 07:46 PM
THANKS MoJetBoPar..THINKING OF PUTTING A 468 IN IT..DO THE TREW TRANSOM WITH A TUNNEL RAM..I THINK THAT LOOKS SO COOL..THINK IT WILL RIDE OK???ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN MY OLD FLAT..O ALSO IT HAS A FIXED CAV PLATE...IS THAT HARD TO MAKE ADJUSTABE???JUST RANT A COOL RIVER BOAT TO RUN IN THE 80S..

dmontzsta
02-03-2005, 09:50 PM
THANKS MoJetBoPar..THINKING OF PUTTING A 468 IN IT..DO THE TREW TRANSOM WITH A TUNNEL RAM..I THINK THAT LOOKS SO COOL..THINK IT WILL RIDE OK???ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN MY OLD FLAT..O ALSO IT HAS A FIXED CAV PLATE...IS THAT HARD TO MAKE ADJUSTABE???JUST RANT A COOL RIVER BOAT TO RUN IN THE 80S..
Old flatties are usually heavy and strong.

MoJetBoPar
02-04-2005, 01:48 PM
You're welcome!!
Yeah, that's the same plan for my old flattie. Got a T-ram with twin 600's and the old style Hilborn scoop. All that'll exit through the bigger Nicson 3" logs then on out the transom. Not the racers edge for sure.
My old flattie is a thick glass-over-plywood-over-glass lay-up. Probably a stone to the racer types here but ragin' vintage 60's cool to me.
My guess is all you'd need is to get the lever, linkage/hardware and transom seal/sleeve to make the cav. plate adjustable. I've seen auctions of parted out hulls that listed all that hardware in a lot before on Ebay. Heck, I'd think on the west coast you could find that stuff word-of-mouth or at a local swapmeet.

dmontzsta
02-04-2005, 02:01 PM
You're welcome!!
Yeah, that's the same plan for my old flattie. Got a T-ram with twin 600's and the old style Hilborn scoop. All that'll exit through the bigger Nicson 3" logs then on out the transom. Not the racers edge for sure.
My old flattie is a thick glass-over-plywood-over-glass lay-up. Probably a stone to the racer types here but ragin' vintage 60's cool to me.
My guess is all you'd need is to get the lever, linkage/hardware and transom seal/sleeve to make the cav. plate adjustable. I've seen auctions of parted out hulls that listed all that hardware in a lot before on Ebay. Heck, I'd think on the west coast you could find that stuff word-of-mouth or at a local swapmeet.
I am debating to keep the wet logs or go over transom with my next motor...I just dont want to rob the motor.