PDA

View Full Version : aggressor diverter

jet4fun
04-12-2002, 05:23 PM
ok, im not talkin trash. my buddy was gonna buy a place diverter for his berkeley. so he called a shop (i dont know where) and the guy says why dont you get an aggressor instead, i can get you a killer deal. he tells my buddy that he can get a complete hydraulic control setup for $596. my buddy asked if that was "complete" as in i dont even need to buy a switch or hydraulic lines, or a motor, and the guy says COMPLETE. you dont need anything else. he says the aggressor is the same exact thing.
i guess my question is that how can this be so cheap, i just looked at prices from place, and the whole setup is $876 if there is that much of a price spread for the same thing just different maker than something seems fishy. somebody help me out

wideopen545
04-12-2002, 05:43 PM
i bought mine from imax it is manual came with cables handle and diviter with scag fin paid 495.00

ChetCapoli
04-12-2002, 05:57 PM
If you can buy one for $596 complete BUY IT! I paid $690 for mine and was amazed how similiar it is to a PD. Aside from decals i think you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference. I'm very happy but i would be even happier at that price
CHET

77charger
04-12-2002, 06:21 PM
That sounds cheap buy it.Chet how do they compare to a place diverter?I boughta place diverter recently and paid 450 diverter and cable but i had a control handle(manual type)

propless
04-12-2002, 06:41 PM
For what ever it is worth. I spent the last four weeks, looking for options for my boat. After several dialogs, and emails - everyone recommended a place diverter over anything else. I installed one last week and it is a dream. My two cents worth!!
Originally posted by 77charger:
That sounds cheap buy it.Chet how do they compare to a place diverter?I boughta place diverter recently and paid 450 diverter and cable but i had a control handle(manual type)

jet4fun
04-13-2002, 12:07 PM
thanks propless, actually we already know we want a diverter, we all have diverters on our boats except for him.
wideopen, was $495 an aggressor and it came with a fin? what is imax?
chet, was $690 the hydraulic complete setup, inculding lines, motor, and switch. if so from where. and how come the aggressor is 200 bucks cheaper than place for the same exact thing.
also doesnt place have a patent on the diverter, and if the aggressor is the same thing wouldnt that be illegal?

HBjet
04-13-2002, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by jet4fun:
and it came with a fin
Loose the fin, they do nothing except help you manuver a little better when idling. I took mine off and have no desire to put it back on.
I have a Plave Diverter, and I love it. Manual. I don't know anything about the Aggressor diverter so I can't comment on it. I would be curious to know how many people went from a Place to an Aggressor, and vice versa. I would stick with the original developer, Place......but when it comes down to spending less money, Aggressor is the choice.
I believe the reason Aggressor is cheaper then the others on price is because they sell direct to the dealers, verses a having a middle man.
HBjet

jet4fun
04-13-2002, 04:42 PM
thanks hb, actually i dont want a fin either i was just asking if that price included a fin because fins are like an extra 60 something bucks. just out of curiousity why do you hate the fin you had? did it make you slower?
also that price i got on the place setup is directly from place. these aggressor prices are coming from dealers arent they. which would make what you said the complete opposite. is aggressor know for being inexpensive in all their products?
p.s. one idea i just had was maybe the aggressor diverter is the place. aggressor buys them from place at dealer cost, and puts an aggressor sticker on them. kinda like the ford ranger,and mazda pickup, i dunno.
i was told by cp performance that the diverter that comes standard with the brand new berkeley 12ji pump is a place diverter. thats where i got this idea

HBjet
04-13-2002, 05:16 PM
Jet4fun, the two diverters are in fact different. Aggressor didn't buy them from Place and just add there logo.
As for costing less. Yes, most of there products cost less (Bowls, Impellers, Diverters, etc.)
If your soul purpose is to throw up a rooster tail, they should both do that for you. Again, I don't know anyone that uses the Aggressor diverter, so I really don't know how they perform. I do know how the Place diverter performs, and most boaters use them. If I had to make a purchase, I would like to see if there was any difference between the two. I would talk to other boater here (as your doing) Boaters on the water, maybe someone would have one and could take me for a ride to show me how is works. And I would talk to both mfg's and also the pump shop I get my work done through. If you do your own pump work, I'd call 3 or 5 pump shops, and see what they say, and take the most recommended option.
Good Luck!
HBjet
[This message has been edited by HBjet (edited April 13, 2002).]

jet4fun
04-14-2002, 09:14 PM
i guess this place is called hi-tech in kansas. he says its a special deal he has goin on right now.

HBjet
04-14-2002, 11:32 PM
From what I understand, Hi Tech does quite a bit of Aggressor sales. If they recommend it, then go for it. Personally, I would get a few other shops opinions since HI TECH pushes Aggressor over other mfg's. Try Don's Pump Service, there is a 800 number in the back of Hot Boat.
HBjet

Kwicherbichen
04-15-2002, 04:56 AM
The word I got is that it's as good as the others. As for cost, Aggressor runs it's own foundry which makes tons of other things. Therefore, from a volume standpoint, they can keep the cost lower.
Here's Aggressors
http://home.earthlink.net/~riverlover/images/diverter.jpg

RR1/ 001
04-15-2002, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by HBjet:
Personally, I would get a few other shops opinions since HI TECH pushes Aggressor
HBjet
HB, there you go again. So if he pushed "Berk" or "Dom" it would be ok to buy it from him? It almost looked like you were going to behave this time? HB you need to get some help!
Just4Fun: GO FOR IT. HB has a personal problem that will take him some time to get over, it`s not his fault because Chet pushed him over his limit http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif
HB "just let it go man" you`ll fell better!
Chet see what you did to this guy http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif
[This message has been edited by RR1/ 001 (edited April 15, 2002).]

Hustler
04-15-2002, 07:02 AM
In that picture of the aggressor diverter it shows the reverse cable and the diverter controls on the opposite side of the nozzle. my question is are they all that way? I dont think I have ever seen one set up like that.
Hustler

disco_charger
04-15-2002, 07:34 AM
I got emailed about this by someone on this forum, and I must say, it's very tempting. My only issue with them is this: I've had boats that have had Dominator or Berkley pumps for years. Parts are readily available. Remember Drake and Bay Jet. Back in the late 70's everyone was talking about how cool those might be. Now go find some parts for one of those. I'm not saying Aggresor is a bad pump, I don't know much about them, but are they going to be around for a while? If I screw the divertor,control box,etc. up 5 years from now, am I going to be able to get parts? I'm with Randy on this. Berk and Dominator are just easier to get parts for!
Disco
Disco

jester
04-15-2002, 08:23 AM
$596 sounds like a great deal for a full hydraulic set-up. Does anyone have the phone number for Hi-tech that has the special deal? Sounds too good to pass up.

ChetCapoli
04-15-2002, 09:04 AM
Get it right RR1, it is us that need help not him..he's got all the answers for everything cuz it's all been tried before and it's berk/legend all the way.
I know exactly what your saying BTW and i'm amazed we are the only two here that see it.
FYI, disco
you should look at it this way, is berk going to be around 5 years down the road with all the R&D aggressor does and is doing? You already have the know it all calling berkeley stuff JUNK and they supposedly agree with him so what do you make of it???. Anyways, You mention drake and bayjet, now do those interchange with berkeley? Last i knew they didnt. Well aggressor bolts up to EVERYTHING berkeley so you know and that diverter they make is just as nice as a place anyday and all the "extras" you get charged for on a PD are "standard" on an aggressor. To bad it's not a better picture up there becuause you'll notice that fin they have is like the berk race fin on a berk race nozzle. It's short and swept back like the top fin on a shark. Pretty trick if you ask me and above all it's CHEAPER. I just checked the hitech website and that price is $696 so i dunno where that 596 came from. If it is that price i'll say it again...BUY IT! BUY IT! BUY IT! I paid $690 and was smiling ear to ear at the time because CP perf had the same thing in place diverter for close to $800(cheapest i found then) if i remember correctly.
Good luck
Chet "always lookin for a deal" Capoli
[This message has been edited by ChetCapoli (edited April 15, 2002).]

Hustler
04-15-2002, 09:18 AM
Well Chet, since you are MR Aggressor here can you answer why they put the controls on the same side as the sterring or is the the pictured above just a one of a kind.
Hustler

RR1/ 001
04-15-2002, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by jester:
$596 sounds like a great deal for a full hydraulic set-up. Does anyone have the phone number for Hi-tech that has the special deal? Sounds too good to pass up.
The PH# is : 316-794-8616

Eric
04-15-2002, 09:46 AM
jet4fun,
There are a couple of things I would check out:
1) The price you got directly from Place Diverters is the list price. They sell direct at list price to protect their dealers. If you get a price from cp performance or a similar place diverter dealer the price will be quite a bit less. Also make sure you are not pricing the FTN unit unless you really want it.
2) One thing I would check on the Aggressor unit is the hydraulic pump. Make sure the price you have is with a "Bennet Marine" hydraulic pump. There are some cheaper hydraulic pumps out there but they are just that, cheaper.
Eric
BTW, Everyone around here is entitled to their opinion.

MissHBjet
04-15-2002, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Eric:
BTW, Everyone around here is entitled to their opinion.
EXACTLY!!!

yates9
04-15-2002, 11:58 AM
the 596 price was a winter special. His prices off season is cheeper than now. So if u can wait, u can save 100 bucks. I just picked up an complete jetovator with electric control for $60 bucks. What do you guys think? Not bad?

disco_charger
04-15-2002, 02:22 PM
Chet, I see that you feel passionately about this. That's cool. However, I also see this as a comfort factor. You need to trust the stuff that you bolt on your ride. I happen to be a Chevy guy. Do I think that a Ford can't make horsepower too, no. However, a few old timers that raised me brought me up with Chevy's, and that's what I run. As for the Berk/Dom/Agressor decision, I never said that the agressor is bad. It's new. I don't know about it. Berk has made some crap (C pump). Time shook out the good and the bad in the berk line. Dominator is just a copy of the good berk. It's nice to know that the Agressor stuff bolts up. I still think that I personally am comfy with my Dominator. PD has been around the block a few times. It may be more exopensive, but I know that the hydraulic pump works and that most marine shops have replacement parts. Not too many Agressor parts around here. If the hydraulic unit gives up, or the switches die, while I'm at the river, I might have to park it if I can't get parts. No offense. I am seriously thinking about the Agressor as all I have on my pump is a Berkley droop with the race fin, and it makes skiing and wake boarding a bitch. 100 foot ropes suck. I just need to be comfy, but I haven't heard or seen enough. Opinions are like a$$holes, everyones got one.
Disco the old school grouch
[This message has been edited by disco_charger (edited April 15, 2002).]

disco_charger
04-15-2002, 02:23 PM
Damn that was a long sermon. I need a beer.
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

spectras only
04-15-2002, 03:08 PM
Just a footnote from this penut gallery.The Place unit using the Bennett trim pump exclusively ,which is basically bullettproof.You could use a sterndrive trim pump [fraction of the cost of a bennett unit]for your diverter if you wanted to.What pump does Aggressor using? Just a question ,no flame intended! BTW both units look great in my book !

Ken F
04-15-2002, 06:37 PM
Folks, there is a substantial difference between the two. First, the Agressor comes with a changable nozzle at no extra cost (if my memory serves correctly). Second, if you have ever had the nozzle out of your Place, you will see a pretty substantial "ledge" that your jet-stream must pass before exit. agressor took just the opposite approach, like putting a glass on top of a bottle. (a smooth unrestricted transition from divirter to nozzle.) I've looked at both very closly, and would have to say that the Agressor is superior in casting quality, and overall finish.
Ken F

ChetCapoli
04-15-2002, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by disco_charger:
Chet, I see that you feel passionately about this. That's cool. However, I also see this as a comfort factor. You need to trust the stuff that you bolt on your ride. I happen to be a Chevy guy.
Opinions are like a$$holes, everyones got one.
[This message has been edited by disco_charger (edited April 15, 2002).]
hey disco,
it's not really passionate, it's just knowing a good deal when you see it. I too am a chevy guy(all 522cu) and i would never own a ford although there was an article in a very old hotrod mag i believe showing that there is more power to be had out of a 460 at less money than the 454 at the same power/money invested. I didnt believe it till i read it with my own eyes. Anyways, what's with the "trust" issue??? Nothing has happened to me yet, is there something i should know about? I havent run my boat with the diverter yet but everything else has been great without any problems. I looked at them both too and was hard pressed to find ANY differnce aside from the price and the name of course. I think your just buying the name for the extra money, it's pretty much the same ( mine even has the bennett trim pump)but it's cheaper (and nicer actually like KenF said) so.....i bought the aggressor. FYI, i notice they make them now with an oildyne pump which doesn't have the solinoids and has more pressure which makes it faster up and down from what i gather. As you said opinions are like assholes though and i have will have a big one when i run 90+. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
CHET

disco_charger
04-15-2002, 07:56 PM
See now Chet, just like I said, I hadn't heard much about the Agressor. Now you're telling me things that can help me make a more informed decision. Interesting stuff. I was comfortable with place because I see them run and hear unsolicited testimonials. All I've gotten about Agressor was that it's cheap, and that the guy at Commander wanted to make sure I knew that it was better (though he couldn't tell me why.) I like the fact that the parts that are attatched to the fabricated parts are reputable. I certainly wasn't saying this to bust your balls, just telling why some of us are wary. If you're going 90, wave when you pass me! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
Disco

RR1/ 001
04-15-2002, 08:53 PM
I put my trust behind Hi-Tech & Aggressor. I fell that they will be "around for a long time to come" as they are only two shops/mfg`s that do so much R&D.
Duane from HI-Tech has a passion for jet boats just like all of us do (if not more), I have spent a lot of money with him ( 2 Boats) never to be let down. Every thing is what he`s said it was. Dave from Aggressor has the same passion, He`s taken a market that was falling on it`s nose and put "hope back in to it". Duane is the inventor of a lot of jet pump parts, Jet-A-way, Prim-A-Jet and Ultimate Wear Ring are just a few of the things he`s done. These products are light years a head of copies on the market. Dave has put life back in to the pumps with his new designs and giving us more of a choice on bowl and other parts.Aggressor parts are far from cheap, Dave has found ways to cut cost "not to produce cheap parts" His parts are just like Duane`s "light years a head of others"
Duane has been involved in jet pump parts and repair for over 30+ years and he`s had his hands in a lot of things we all run now! He`s like a BIG BOOK OF KNOWLEDGE as I have found out "that man knows his shit".
Cut these guys some slack boys, they have paid the price so we don't have to!
Call it a SPAM, I just call it
"TELLING IT LIKE IT IS"!

HBjet
04-15-2002, 08:59 PM
Chet, so whats the deal with your boat, really? Is the bottom finished yet? How long have you been working on it, 2 years now?
Thanks
HBjet

HBjet
04-15-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by RR1/ 001:
I put my trust behind Hi-Tech & Aggressor. I fell that they will be "around for a long time to come" as they are only two shops/mfg`s that do so much R&D.
Duane from HI-Tech has a passion for jet boats just like all of us do (if not more), I have spent a lot of money with him ( 2 Boats) never to be let down. Every thing is what he`s said it was. Dave from Aggressor has the same passion, He`s taken a market that was falling on it`s nose and put "hope back in to it". Duane is the inventor of a lot of jet pump parts, Jet-A-way, Prim-A-Jet and Ultimate Wear Ring are just a few of the things he`s done. These products are light years a head of copies on the market. Dave has put life back in to the pumps with his new designs and giving us more of a choice on bowl and other parts.Aggressor parts are far from cheap, Dave has found ways to cut cost "not to produce cheap parts" His parts are just like Duane`s "light years a head of others"
Duane has been involved in jet pump parts and repair for over 30+ years and he`s had his hands in a lot of things we all run now! He`s like a BIG BOOK OF KNOWLEDGE as I have found out "that man knows his shit".
Cut these guys some slack boys, they have paid the price so we don't have to!
Call it a SPAM, I just call it
"TELLING IT LIKE IT IS"!
RR1, not to pick a fight or some shit, but what method (tool/equation) did you use to determine that those two shops do the most R&D? I'm curious, was it because you've spent so much money with them both?
I'm glad your service with Duane at HI TECH has been what you expected, but shouldn't service from any shop be what you expect, if not more?
The Jet A Way is a great part, but you also have to come to grips that if you don't invent it, some one else will. I'm sure other people have thought about inventing there own device that functions like the Jet A Way, HI TECH just beat them to the punch. It's not rocket science!
As far as parts being "Light Years" ahead of there time, give me a break. Just like the Jet Hydro will soon be the fastest drag jet boat ever. Like I said before, this isn't rocket science. Given the time, money and resources, anything is possible, and anyone can make pump parts when they have the above three elements. If the Aggressor (or any mfg) parts were far more superior, and advanced for our time, do you think guys like Duane would have a job? If impellers and bowls were made without any imperfections from ski to race boats, would these pump builders like Duane, Jack, Tom Papp, GS have business in the pump industry? I think not!
Please don't think I'm making this a personal attack, I'm just breaking down your post to what it really is.
HBjet

RR1/ 001
04-15-2002, 10:36 PM
Please don't think I'm making this a personal attack, I'm just breaking down your post to what it really is.
HBjet
I dont take you post as an attack becuase I can Somke Your ASS with the same HP your running and I use those people you bash all the time! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
I`m sure the people you use are good at what they do, So are the people I use. You dont see me bashing your pump guy or mfg now do ya?
[This message has been edited by RR1/ 001 (edited April 16, 2002).]

RR1/ 001
04-15-2002, 11:26 PM

Kwicherbichen
04-16-2002, 12:00 AM
Hustler,
I didn't take the photo I posted and haven't seen enough Aggressor diverters to remember if the cables are on the correct side. It is possible it is a reverse negative. In other words the negative was printed on paper upside down. I saw a picture of Cindy Crawford once where her mole was on the wrong side....oooops. I've also seen one of her without the mole. She didn't like that much since it is a psuedo trademark.
As far as Aggressor being around a while: Well, it's in it's eighth year as a Marine Division of Major Brass Foundry, Inc.
MBF, Inc. has over 42 years experience in research, design and manufacturing of custom alloyed pumps and impellers. They pour over 2,000,000 pounds annually in pumps, impeller parts and complete pump systems. The foundry produces impellers and systems from 3” to 44” in diameter. Additionally, they are the only jet drive manufacture that continues to improve and develope it's out of the box jet drives. A good example is the two types of dual jet drives soon to be available.
Now I don't ever claim to be an expert, but it's my understanding that Berkley was upside down a few years back and went out of business. CP Performance bought the castings for the jet and so forth. But it cost em big time. One or two of the other jet manufactures are guys that worked for Berkley and are essentially building knock-offs. Don't get me wrong because I may be totally wrong. This is what I was told. So basically, no company is sound if it has poor management or financial reporting.
Brian
[This message has been edited by Kwicherbichen (edited April 16, 2002).]

RR1/ 001
04-16-2002, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Ken F:
Folks, there is a substantial difference between the two. First, the Agressor comes with a changable nozzle at no extra cost (if my memory serves correctly). Second, if you have ever had the nozzle out of your Place, you will see a pretty substantial "ledge" that your jet-stream must pass before exit. agressor took just the opposite approach, like putting a glass on top of a bottle. (a smooth unrestricted transition from divirter to nozzle.) I've looked at both very closly, and would have to say that the Agressor is superior in casting quality, and overall finish.
Ken F
HBjet read this one more time.
This guy must have done some home work "maybe you should"! The key words are:: "Aggressor is superior in casting quality, and overall finish".
Sorry HBjet I just had to do that. If you look your getting out numbered these days on your Aggressor bashing !
Look`s like your standing alone anymore.

Ken F
04-16-2002, 07:17 AM
>The Jet A Way is a great part, but you also have to come to grips that if you don't invent it, some one else will. I'm sure other people have thought about inventing there own device that functions like the Jet A Way, HI TECH just beat them to the punch. It's not rocket science!<
HB, I agree that someone else will invent something...but this is also a QUALITY device.
Do you see Racers, or guys who are really serious about speed on the lake use anything else? That would lead me to conclude that it must be the BEST thing going to date.
No, it's not rocket-science. It's Jetboat-science, a great idea, lots of R&D, and quality machining. There are other units out there, but you sure don't see many of them. I'd say the guy deserves credit where credit is due, wouldn't you agree?
Ken F

disco_charger
04-16-2002, 07:18 AM
I don't understand why this post has turned into a "bashing" issue. Some of us just don't have as much experience with Aggressor as we do with Berk/Dominator. As for the eight years of experience and R&D, that's impressive. But, as they say, the proof is in the pudding. Also, as I read in another post, we all run the stuff we can afford. Most of us that own 15 to 20 year old boats are going to be running a berk, Dominator, or God forbid a Jacuzzi. This is what I can afford these days, so this is what my exposure is limited to. I'd love to try out an Aggresor, or American Turbine and have a pump guy really trick it up. I just haven't got that kind of money to spend, so I'm back to being very framilar with Berk and Dominator...
Disco

HBjet
04-16-2002, 09:09 AM
Aggressor or HI TECH Bashing, I think not! Please don't accuse me of bashing when I'm simply voicing my opinion.
RR1, please don't challenge me to a race, that is silly.
KenF, I think you got what I was saying wrong. The Jet-A-Way is from what I understand the only device of it's kind out there. If there are others, I haven't heard of them. When the day comes, I'm going to purchase and install one on my boat when I need it. I'm not taking away any credit, I think some of the products HI TECH has came up with are great, but some people think it's like pulling a rabbit out of a hat "Magic" when in fact it isn't. Thats all.
I understand what you mean by quality, but everyone has a different opinion about it. Unless you are an Aero Space quality control person, casting quality and overall finish are just opinions from one boater to another. Do these parts actaully meet some high quality standard? What is the standard? What methods were used to measure the quality of one product over another?
KenF, please don't think I'm starting crap with you. Thanks
HBjet
[This message has been edited by HBjet (edited April 16, 2002).]

RR1/ 001
04-16-2002, 09:28 AM
RR1, please don't challenge me to a race, that is silly.
Thanks
HBjet
That would be kinda funny, wouldnt it http://www.plauder-smilies.de/yellows/scream.gif I still say " I would smoke your ASS"

HBjet
04-16-2002, 09:37 AM
Here is some of that casting quality and over all finish......Hmmm!
http://www.hi-techperformance.com/Prime-A-Jet_1664_Installed.jpg
RR1, put in 4 seats, 10 gallons of gas, de-tune or motor to make round 450HP, and have a passanger with you, and we will race. Like I've mentioned before, with these exact conditions, my boat radared at 71mph before head and carb work. So load up that Hydro and lets see it "Smoke Some Ass" as you put it. (must be prison lingo)
HBjet
[This message has been edited by HBjet (edited April 16, 2002).]

RR1/ 001
04-16-2002, 09:59 AM
HBjet you just kill me...LMAO http://www.plauder-smilies.de/yellows/scream.gif Why don`t you zoom in and use your photo shop to Dr. this one up. I sure dont see any of that crap on my bowl!
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/back_of_boat_1.JPG
If your boat runs 71 mph with only 450hp you got one bad ass boat there, I dont know if I would want to race you after all..LMAO http://www.plauder-smilies.de/yellows/scream.gif

HBjet
04-16-2002, 10:31 AM
RR1, you think I altered that photo in Photoshop? why don't you see where that photo is posted, and you will then see I haven't touched it.
If your boat runs 71 mph with only 450hp you got one bad ass boat there, I dont know if I would want to race you after all..LMAO http://www.plauder-smilies.de/yellows/scream.gif
RR1, didn't you say your boat runs 12's? That's like mid to low 80mph. With how much HP again? 700plus?
HBjet

Ken F
04-16-2002, 10:41 AM
HB wrote:
>I understand what you mean by quality, but everyone has a different opinion about it. Unless you are an Aero Space quality control person, casting quality and overall finish are just opinions from one boater to another.
Do these parts actaully meet some high quality standard? What is the standard? What methods were used to measure the quality of one product over another?<
HB, having done quite a bit of it myself, and having made quite a few patterns (for Alu.casting), I would say I have a pretty good knowledge of what's good. It is easy to look at a finished piece, and see where the problems were with the mold, the pattern, and the finish work or lack of after a casting is finished. If you have time at some point, draft angles, ect. It would be intersting (I think it is anyway) for you to go somewhere where they cast Aluminum, or make patterns & learn a little about it. It is really an intricate process, and a lot of ways to screw up along the way to a finished piece.
Maybe this isn't of intrest to you.
HB wrote:
>KenF, please don't think I'm starting crap with you. Thanks<
VBG-not yet, but you're pushing the envelope.
(kidding)
Ken F

jet4fun
04-16-2002, 10:54 AM
sorry to rain in on the pissing party, its kinda funny, very entertaining.
but, i just had an idea, maybe dave from aggressor can shed some light on the original topic of this discussion. that would help a lot, im just very curious.
p.s. that yellow boat looks nuts on the back end, anyone got any more pics or specs on that thing, wassup with the pump setup, and bottom?

HBjet
04-16-2002, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by jet4fun:
p.s. that yellow boat looks nuts on the back end, anyone got any more pics or specs on that thing, wassup with the pump setup, and bottom?
That boat belongs to RR1/001. It is a Jet Hydro that he races in the RiverRacer class. Right now, I think it runs 12's. The pump is an Aggressor pump, and the ride plate is some new technology RR1/001 won't discuss with us yet. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/frown.gif RR1/001 could better inform you on the details.
RR1/001, what is the piece between the bowl, and then droop snoot? I've never seen that before...thanks
HBjet

RR1/ 001
04-16-2002, 11:38 AM
HBjet that piece between the bowl & droop snoot has been there all a long http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
It has an all new set up now that we are testing. I`m sure that some one will come up with some more spy pic`s...lol...
Yes we race it in the 13`s and 12`s
Jet4Fun you can see more of that boat at www.worthingtonmotorsports.nasha.com (http://www.worthingtonmotorsports.nasha.com) if you want to know anything just give me an e mail

HBjet
04-16-2002, 12:53 PM
HBjet that piece between the bowl & droop snoot has been there all a long
I know it has, and I've forgotten to ask you everytime I see the picture. So, what is it? What is the purpose? Who makes it? Thanks
HBjet

HBjet
04-16-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Ken F:
HB, having done quite a bit of it myself, and having made quite a few patterns (for Alu.casting), I would say I have a pretty good knowledge of what's good.
Cool, next time I see some Aggressor parts, I'm going to look more closely with your opinion in mind. Thanks!
HBjet

RR1/ 001
04-16-2002, 01:39 PM
It`s just a spacer I`v tested with droop snoot`s...lol... Works good on pumps that aren't set back.
"It's Jetboat-science"...lol... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
We have tested it on a few boats and had good results. Getting ready to try it on a Taylor SJ next. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

ChetCapoli
04-16-2002, 07:23 PM
i finally figured out your problem HB, It's the quality issue right? There cant be any other explanation for all this is there? Well i've seen some pretty shitty berkeley bowls with the same kind of pits you show in that picture. Even my bowl has some of them too but i havent had any problems to speak of so far so what gives??? BTW, my boats coming slow but sure..i'm figuring june 1st or so for a splash date. FYI, i've heard thru the grapevine ol legend had some QUALITY problems of their own when they first started out and they wouldnt even stand behind the stuff like aggressor did. Bet you didnt know that did ya eh?
Hey RR1, did you take over the cheerleading duties around here now?? Nice
"state of the union" address above....give us an A give us a G... LMAO!
CHET

jester
04-17-2002, 09:46 AM
Back to the original topic, I called and ordered the whole setup complete with the "Bennet Marine" pump shipped to my door for about $625.00 After I get some time with it I post my thoughts of the product for anyone out there who cares.
Jet4fun, thanks for the info!!

RR1/ 001
04-17-2002, 10:02 AM
Chet, it`s kinda funny in a screwed up way...lol... HBjet says he doesn't bash mfg`s or shops but every time there is an Aggressor topic he`s in there "like fly`s on shit" running these people down like he`s some kind of "jet pump god."
I`v made him some offers that wouldn't cost him a dime and he has chose to decline on the offers! If he was the big jet pump research person he lets on to be he would have jumped on the chance to prove his claims to the world.
When I joined this web site they took me in with open arms, some of them even put links to my web site on their`s, Told me I had a cool looking jet boat. As time went on I played their game until "The Big Bowl Shot Out" Then I was a dick, I had jumped sides and joined up with Chet http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif The next step was when I got the Aggressor deal for the new pump, I now had a shit box for a boat and my web site links were taken off of their web sites.
Chet they shunned me, http://www.plauder-smilies.de/sad/cry.gif I was out of the Clan! http://www.plauder-smilies.de/cry.gif
I set here and read how "The Clan" replies to post and LMAO
Man it`s good to be out of that Clan...lol.. http://www.plauder-smilies.de/yellows/laughing.gif
HBjet want`s to be the new leader because if you look around the Clan has started to fall a part. You see there are leaders and there are followers. The leaders have moved on to do other things leaving the spot open for a new leader. HB only had one follower in this topic and he fell off after he looked around saw that times had changed. HB stands alone this time. His friends have ran off on him, leaving him to fight his fight all a lone http://free.***boat.net/ubb/frown.gif
This is some funny shit I`v got to stop....LMAO
HBjet just give up! You fighting a fight your NOT going to win! Think about it "if you were so Dam Smart about jet pumps why don't you start up HBjet pump mfg." http://www.plauder-smilies.de/sad/nixweiss.gif
P.S. HBjet you lost!!! He ordered the whole setup http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
[This message has been edited by RR1/ 001 (edited April 17, 2002).]

HBjet
04-17-2002, 10:43 AM
P.S. HBjet you lost!!! He ordered the whole setup
Hmm, very interesting from the SlowBoat team.
I didn't know this was a fight, I guess when someone has a differnet opinion about something, there fighting. If you notice, I wasn't the first one to post, or second (that was Chet) I was the 5th to post my opinion. There was nothing negative towards anyone or company. Somehow, you and Chet find it possible to think there is only one answer to everything. If yo truly think that, then you guys are the losers on a much bigger scale.
As far as getting shunned out of the clan as you say, lets not forget about SlowBoat and E.M.A.D. You discredited yourself. I don't know how many times you've said you were going to leave, and then your back. I'm not asking you to leave, but you messed up your own creditaibility.
HBjet a leader? I thought you said your boat can smoke my ass. I guess not!
Again, I didn't know I was fighting anyone. It's obvoius someone here takes this a little harder then the average person.
Why don't you just spend more time and money doing what you do best. Running a 700HP jet hydro in the 13 and 12 second bracket classes. Must be gratifying knowing your drag boat is as fast as some 19' lake boats found along the parker strip.
HBjet
BTW, I read your offer. But like I mentiond before. My pump isn't set back, so changing bowls isn't as easy as a set back. In case you haven't been following the leader, you would see where I've asked Dave from Aggressor 3 times that if I pay upfront for an out of the box bowl and impeller, would I get a money back quarantee if I don't see a minimum of 5 mph increase (that is what he said the two parts would do on stock power) I have yet to get any type of response.....So why don't you ask your sponser to back up there claim. I am and I'm getting nothing.
Go Team Aggressor!

Blown509Liberator
04-17-2002, 11:07 AM
RR1/ 001
Lets set the record straight. The bashing started on me from Chet. You post about the "Big Bowl Shoot Out" by Bob Zahner...By the way I have never seen or read anything about this test, I would love to see it if you have a copy. I did this test back in the summer of 1999 .For those that have not seen the test... WWW.NothinButJets.com (http://WWW.NothinButJets.com) or you can go right to the test http://nothinbutjets.homestead.com/BBSO.html . Chet Bashed every thing I did with that test. I bought and paid for each of these bowls. I even bought an "A" aggressor impeller to do the same test again because I was being told you need a aggressor impeller in a aggressor bowl. I never post any thing on it because the test turned out the same but with about 200 more rpm's than the Legend impeller. I posted my opinion on some of the results of that test on that page. I got some calls, Dave for aggressor call me and we talked about set and test results and so on. CP aka Berkeley called me and we talked. I stick by my concussion and draw my parts direction because of it.
That article was written by Bob Zahner., He sells Ledgend and Berkeley parts. Take him to the drag races and make him prove it like we do. Do you think we would run something that was slower than we could have?
However if you don't have much power, the Berkeley bowl works better because it makes more bowl pressure. But when you get power, you build too much bowl pressure and you'll start blowing out bowl and wedge gaskets.
Also, the aggressor bowl works best with an aggressor impeller. The aggressor handles so much more water that you usually have to open up the nozzle. They didn't do that.
Conclusion;100 to 400 hp---Berkeley
400 to 600 hp--American Turbine-Dominator-Aggressor 11 vein
600 to 1000 hp Aggressor 9 vein bowl
1000 hp up Aggressor 7 vein bowl
Which Aggressor bowl did they use?
Your guess is as good as mine.
Read`em and weep you asked for it and you got it.. Don't ask where this came from, it just came from the races ok ! www.worthingtonmotorsports.nasha.com (http://www.worthingtonmotorsports.nasha.com) <http://www.worthingtonmotorsports.nasha.com>
And here is good old Chets post and where I think all this crap started....
You the man slowboat!
I like guys who tell it like they see it! Actually I think that test was done by a normal lake guy who just wanted to do some testing at the time. Just so happens the intake setup was done by MPD,(The one who says berkeley has the best bowl right boys?) Maybe that's why the berk did the best!Then again, you don't win to many races spining 5000rpm!
I guess I could have been the man too, all I had to do was say aggressor was the best..........All I can say is I tested the best and fair as I could. Don't like? Do it yourself. If you have... good for you. Sorry Chet You drew first I had no beef with you. My opinion is this...for any one.... Shut your pie hole till you do your own testing and Don't shoot the messenger. I will never bash anyone for posting there own results of testing. MikeC (RJB.com) and I had a vision of trying to do real world test on real world boats. And we where both very excited to see a company doing so much R&D as aggressor. But the bowl test was a surprise. Most of us never line up at the lights with our boats and never will this was for the everyday boater. The bowl test was the first and the last. I would love to do more. Money or lack of it prohibit me for doing so.
I know I have picked on RR1/001 because of the boat he choose to race. Should have never done that, Sorry. It is no secret who I choose for my pump and motor work MPD and DNE. Jack and Dave are two of the most helpful and knowledgeable people I know. And For Dave that is a huge compliment. I have an extensive automotive back ground. I was and Instructor Melior institute contracted to General motors and now work for Robert Bosch inc. also as an Instructor. If some one asked me I will recommend MPD and DNE. But have been known to also offer up Teddy (CBMjet) as a good resource also. So if you want to make an intelligent argument to my test I will love to have a respectful debate with you if not go away..... My .02
Thanks
Michael Whitehead
Automotive Technical Instructor
1-708-865-5376
E-Mail Michael.Whitehead@us.bosch.com
[This message has been edited by Blown509Liberator (edited April 17, 2002).]

RR1/ 001
04-17-2002, 11:27 AM
Personally, I would get a few other shops opinions since HI TECH pushes Aggressor
HBjet
HBjet then what the hell do you call this ??? I can go dig up more if you would like??
I can Somke your ASS
NO I dont have a 700hp motor in the Hydro! you do the math (Aggressor "C" 6200rpm now remember that "C" is = to the Berk "B")

future boater
04-17-2002, 11:45 AM
Chet, it`s kinda funny in a screwed up way...lol... HBjet says he doesn't bash mfg`s or shops but every time there is an Aggressor topic he`s in there "like fly`s on shit" running these people down like he`s some kind of "jet pump god."
I`v made him some offers that wouldn't cost him a dime and he has chose to decline on the offers! If he was the big jet pump research person he lets on to be he would have jumped on the chance to prove his claims to the world.
When I joined this web site they took me in with open arms, some of them even put links to my web site on their`s, Told me I had a cool looking jet boat. As time went on I played their game until "The Big Bowl Shot Out" Then I was a dick, I had jumped sides and joined up with Chet http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif The next step was when I got the Aggressor deal for the new pump, I now had a shit box for a boat and my web site links were taken off of their web sites.
Chet they shunned me, http://www.plauder-smilies.de/sad/cry.gif I was out of the Clan! http://www.plauder-smilies.de/cry.gif
I set here and read how "The Clan" replies to post and LMAO
Man it`s good to be out of that Clan...lol.. http://www.plauder-smilies.de/yellows/laughing.gif
HBjet want`s to be the new leader because if you look around the Clan has started to fall a part. You see there are leaders and there are followers. The leaders have moved on to do other things leaving the spot open for a new leader. HB only had one follower in this topic and he fell off after he looked around saw that times had changed. HB stands alone this time. His friends have ran off on him, leaving him to fight his fight all a lone http://free.***boat.net/ubb/frown.gif
This is some funny shit I`v got to stop....LMAO
HBjet just give up! You fighting a fight your NOT going to win! Think about it "if you were so Dam Smart about jet pumps why don't you start up HBjet pump mfg." http://www.plauder-smilies.de/sad/nixweiss.gif
P.S. HBjet you lost!!! He ordered the whole setup http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
and what do you call this? and you f@cks wonder why hb doesnt like you guys. he doesnt bash all jet mfgs. i havent heard him say anything about american turbine or dominator. all he does is point out the fact that aggresor has made claims he has asked for a money back guarantee and aggressor wont even answer him. now thats CHICKEN SHIT!
any man i know will atleast say no. you guys are just jealous. rr1/001 have'nt you already been banned from here once. what do you guys have to say about blown509's test. oh let me guess it was rigged.what happened to the deal with rr's pickle?

future boater
04-17-2002, 11:47 AM
[This message has been edited by future boater (edited April 17, 2002).]

RR1/ 001
04-17-2002, 12:10 PM
Blown509Liberator No need to say your sorry! I picked that boat for a reason.
As far as Chet bashing you and him being the one that got the hole thing started that`s your`s and his deal but when you grouped me in on the deal thats what got me going.
I dont "Bash" anyone or any mfg, Never have and never will. I dont need too! I see no need in bashing people for trying new things!
If Chet upset`s you so much that you have to go take it out on other people than you might need to get some help!
I`v seen post that say Chet after all the shit you started "I nor anyone else on this board would ever buy anything from Aggressor" Just the words of the Clam!
All the Aggressor bashing I saw, is what made me "Put One On My Boat" People only bash what they "cant have or dont have". I`v been around motor sports a long time and I`v seen all this before.
Funny thing is that`s the same reason I have the boat I do, People said: "it cant be done", "Dont buy it", "Wont work", "No one else could make one work, So what on earth makes you think you can"
I love to prove people wrong and I love it when people step in to help!
Want to go for a ride?? It works and it`s Safe!
The point is, I now have an Aggressor
Pump on My Boat and "I`m Dam Happy with it"
I must tell Chet Thanks for starting so much shit because Now I have a pump that I can put as much HP to as I want and never look back http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

RR1/ 001
04-17-2002, 12:17 PM
future boater your behind the times dude!
The bet, well they chickened out!
future boater " Follower"
After the Shit Randy said to Dave, if I was him I would tell Randy to FO

future boater
04-17-2002, 12:44 PM
future boater your behind the times dude!
future boater " Follower"
After the Shit Randy said to Dave, if I was him I would tell Randy to FO
how? when? who is "they" would that be aggressor? arent you the one who didnt show up for his bet. oh thats rite it was you crew talking for you. who do i follow? if i am following someone by bringing the truth to your attention which you continue to disregard then yes i am a follower.
[This message has been edited by future boater (edited April 17, 2002).]

HBjet
04-17-2002, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by AGGRESSOR JETS:
To the One that offered a challange of "Test off"- here we go:
1) I would like it done at the Races.
2)Set up changes will be by TOM Papp and all Aggressor Products will be provided by Tom.
You can bring your guy to!
3)You put the Retail Price -UP Front
A)Mag.Bronze Impeller $695.00 your Horsepower- thats all you need.
if you want a 17-4 Stainless $1350.00 your call
4)The New Aggressor Designed 7Vane Bowl & 9Vane Bowl will both be brought to find your best Performance range. Price Complete with greese fitting, seal, bushings $598.50 7 or 9
Vane.
5)Upon completion of test- You Buy any that run Quicker or faster if Aggressor!
and if the package ends up Aggressor You Put Our Decals & Keep on your Boat 1) Year.
Sorry Slowy, this isn't a fair deal, because is the blown pickle went just 1 mph faster, they would be stuck with the parts. Now, if Aggressor wants to give a Money Back Guarantee that his boat will see
Originally posted by AGGRESSOR JETS:
In Higher Horsepower Our Impeller is 10MPH & our Bowl is worth 6-8MPH at the Blown Gas HP .This has been Tried & Tested-Don Harris-Blade Runner, Harold Bruce-R& D special,Dan Nelson-Jett Performance.
These types of results, then he would have paid up front. However, that wasn't the deal from Aggressor, it was if there is Any Increase then Aggressor wins. Let me ask you, or anyone else here. Are you willing to pay $1500-$1600 for an extra 1-2mph?
HBjet

RiverDave
04-17-2002, 02:33 PM
Ken I have some questions..
HB, having done quite a bit of it myself, and having made quite a few patterns (for Alu.casting), I would say I have a pretty good knowledge of what's good. It is easy to look at a finished piece, and see where the problems were with the mold, the pattern, and the finish work or lack of after a casting is finished. If you have time at some point, draft angles, ect. It would be intersting (I think it is anyway) for you to go somewhere where they cast Aluminum, or make patterns & learn a little about it. It is really an intricate process, and a lot of ways to screw up along the way to a finished piece.
Ken F. Could you explain to me about draft angles and investment casting as referenced in your post? Could you also explain to me all the areas to screw up along the way to a finish piece?
RD
[This message has been edited by RiverDave (edited April 17, 2002).]

RR1/ 001
04-17-2002, 02:42 PM
HBjet your asking the wrong guy. Yes I would and have paid over $1500.00 just for 1 mph on a lot of my toys.
Any Increase is a safe buy, Thats what it`s all about Increase

RiverDave
04-17-2002, 02:43 PM
Slowy, wouldn't the real question be Increase vs Dollars spent? Sooner or later your going to reach a point which 1 mph will cost significantly more then it would've at a slower speed. I don't believe that most of the guys in here are to the point where 1500.00 for 1 mph is justifiable. 1500 will go further in other areas..
RD

RR1/ 001
04-17-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by future boater:
[B] how? when? who is "they" would that be aggressor? arent you the one who didnt show up for his bet.[B]
RD I know I said I would not make a big deal out of the bet thing, so do you think you can tell this guy what he`s missed here? It was not I that called the bet off.
[B]Originally posted by future boater:
oh thats rite it was you crew talking for you. who do i follow? if i am following someone by bringing the truth to your attention which you continue to disregard then yes i am a follower.
[B]
Dude get a hold of your self.
If your not a "Follower" then why did you come in this topic after the shit hit the fan? its been up for a few days, where were you? Do you have something to add to this topic? Look jester ordered "the whole setup complete" looks like your to late :O
Face it your a "Follower"

Johnwithjm
04-17-2002, 03:11 PM
If your running those kind of times and speeds sounds like your following behind alot of people

RiverDave
04-17-2002, 03:11 PM
Slowy just for you I'll clarify it to Future Boater. I dunno if your going to like the way that I see it though.. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
FutureBoater, Originally "The Crew" (god I still get a kick out of that) came on here.. Well pretty quickly Ole Leon made a bet with them.. I jumped on the "gravy train" becuase more or less it was easy money. The bet was whether or not the Jet Hydro could break 100.00 in the 1/4 mile. At one point I believe there was 5 grand, some guys boat, and a six pack of beer on the line. Slowy (aka RR1, EatmeandDie, SlowBoat, and a few others) did not back down. He told Leon, "WHEN I SAY I HAVE A 100MPH BOAT, I HAVE A 100MPH BOAT!!" then went on with this (((((Calling Leon)))))) stuff for awhile. As fortune would have it I stumbled across our friend SlowBoat on another board where he was talking about how great it was to get the boat into the low 90's after being stuck in the 80's so long. Basically you could say that he was "bluffing" ole Leon, or I would word it as Slowy being full of shit. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif (just jokin with ya Slowy don't get your aggressor all up in a wad) So as it turns out Slowy could not stand up to his convictions, so things went right back to can he break a 100? Things got hot again for a little while, and for a brief instant it looked like we were going to do this (I know I was excited... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif ) However Slowy started talking about how he couldn't have another boat in the lane next to him becuase of control issues, that the people were only going to let him make 1 pass becuase of lacking safety equipment etc... After all of that I was more then a little worried that Steve my actually kill himself trying to do this. Leon found out some "inside info" and advised not to take the bet (giving the reason as Slowy might be able to actually pull it off on the boards) whether or not he was worried about the same thing I was, I don't know.. I still am not convinced that the boat will do better then a 100 in a 1/4, However Slowy and I have decided to put our differences aside and live peacefully on the boards... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif
So how about it Slowy? Is that the way you reckon it?
RD http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif (Slightly biased opinion)

RR1/ 001
04-17-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave:
Slowy, wouldn't the real question be Increase vs Dollars spent? Sooner or later your going to reach a point which 1 mph will cost significantly more then it would've at a slower speed. I don't believe that most of the guys in here are to the point where 1500.00 for 1 mph is justifiable. 1500 will go further in other areas..
RD
RD yea and no...lol...
Your rite that $1500 is a lot for most river guys just to get 1 mph.
I think, that when your making a "bet" on "Increase" and all you have done is tell the world that these parts your betting on are crap and wont work, than "NO" its an Increase thing and if some one can prove Increase, even if it`s just 1 mph "they proved their point."
I call that a Fair Bet!
I think Dave made him a Fair offer! He`s the one bashing Dave`s parts!
BTW How the hell you been? Havent seen you in a day or two. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

RR1/ 001
04-17-2002, 03:20 PM
Johnwithjm whats up wit that? http://www.plauder-smilies.de/sad/nixweiss.gif

Johnwithjm
04-17-2002, 03:28 PM
[This message has been edited by RR1/ 001 (edited April 17, 2002).]All this racing smack is getting me uptight. Just kidding I have run all kinds of impellers and bowls and my best times and mph have come with Berkley stuff. But everyone should run what works for them. I run aggressor stuff in my river boat and it works good.

RiverDave
04-17-2002, 03:32 PM
TW How the hell you been? Havent seen you in a day or two. <http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif>
Been doing alright gettin ready to fly out to Florida this weekend on biz.. How about yourself?
RD

RiverDave
04-17-2002, 03:35 PM
even if it`s just 1 mph "they proved their point."
I call that a Fair Bet!
Slowy, not to start up our whole whizbanger dealio again.. But wouldn't you agree that if you left the setup alone the mph would vary more then 1 mph pass per pass?
RD

RR1/ 001
04-17-2002, 03:40 PM
Slowy, not to start up our whole whizbanger dealio again.. But wouldn't you agree that if you left the setup alone the mph would vary more then 1 mph pass per pass?
RD
Yes it can, but thats the way it goes because it can also go down!

RiverDave
04-17-2002, 03:43 PM
So wouldn't you also agree that 1 mph is not a big enough jump to claim in increase in performance? Being the baseline has a higher variable?
RD

RR1/ 001
04-17-2002, 03:45 PM
Yes and No I use 1 mph readings to see what set-up`s do on my boat all the time.

RiverDave
04-17-2002, 03:50 PM
Just curious... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif
RD <--- Shoulda been a lawyer

HammerDown
04-17-2002, 03:52 PM
Holy crap, I've never seen so much ****ing baby bullshit in my life! And its no were else but here.
Someone ask's a question about Aggressor, and the God Damm same(((Girls))) start there same B.S. Well Quote this and quote that...So shit, just answer the question,
stay on the topic and then move on. Just wondering, how old are some of you babys? I'm 44 and I swear I think some of you ****s are still shiting in your pants! Damm shame, this could be a much better place.
P.S. Ken F. Don't get wraped up in this girl school B.S. I talked to ya on the phone...and your way above this nonsense!

RR1/ 001
04-17-2002, 03:58 PM
HammerDown has a good point. I`m done with this topic. jester said he wanted the phone number to HI-Tech, I gave it to him and he said his new Aggressor diverter was on it`s way.
THE END http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

RR1/ 001
04-17-2002, 04:11 PM
Slowy just for you I'll clarify it to Future Boater. I dunno if your going to like the way that I see it though.. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
FutureBoater, Originally "The Crew" (god I still get a kick out of that) came on here.. Well pretty quickly Ole Leon made a bet with them.. I jumped on the "gravy train" becuase more or less it was easy money. The bet was whether or not the Jet Hydro could break 100.00 in the 1/4 mile. At one point I believe there was 5 grand, some guys boat, and a six pack of beer on the line. Slowy (aka RR1, EatmeandDie, SlowBoat, and a few others) did not back down. He told Leon, "WHEN I SAY I HAVE A 100MPH BOAT, I HAVE A 100MPH BOAT!!" then went on with this (((((Calling Leon)))))) stuff for awhile. As fortune would have it I stumbled across our friend SlowBoat on another board where he was talking about how great it was to get the boat into the low 90's after being stuck in the 80's so long. Basically you could say that he was "bluffing" ole Leon, or I would word it as Slowy being full of shit. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif (just jokin with ya Slowy don't get your aggressor all up in a wad) So as it turns out Slowy could not stand up to his convictions, so things went right back to can he break a 100? Things got hot again for a little while, and for a brief instant it looked like we were going to do this (I know I was excited... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif ) However Slowy started talking about how he couldn't have another boat in the lane next to him becuase of control issues, that the people were only going to let him make 1 pass becuase of lacking safety equipment etc... After all of that I was more then a little worried that Steve my actually kill himself trying to do this. Leon found out some "inside info" and advised not to take the bet (giving the reason as Slowy might be able to actually pull it off on the boards) whether or not he was worried about the same thing I was, I don't know.. I still am not convinced that the boat will do better then a 100 in a 1/4, However Slowy and I have decided to put our differences aside and live peacefully on the boards... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif
So how about it Slowy? Is that the way you reckon it?
RD http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif (Slightly biased opinion)
Yes and No ...LMAO.. but we`ll just leave it there. Works for me http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif I still need to find out who let leon in on the info?

RiverDave
04-17-2002, 04:13 PM
HammerDown, I think you bring up a very valid point as well that this aggressor thing has gotten WAY OUTTA HAND.. I don't pretend to know anything about pump boats, but I do know investment casting, and I know it well since I'm in the industry of making patterns for it and managing jobs as they go through the foundry.
The only reason that I referenced Ken F. in my post was becuase of this post that makes him a "self proclaimed" expert on the matter.. However the "terminology" that lends credit to the post doesn't make any sense to me..
The part where he mentions "draft angles" that's what kinda throws me off here.. You see in other process's such as Die Casting, or injection molding you do need draft angles so that you can pull the part from the mold. Becuase with "investment" casting you are "investing" your mold and pattern(by that I mean it's destroyed with each part made) It's one of the few process's by which draft angles are not req'd.. The only time they are is in high volume production where you have an aluminum tool to shoot waxes into and the draft angle is minimal at that.. Only involved in the making of the pattern and not in the actual casting process itself.. The process is actually pretty simple and has been around since Roman years..
So was he referring to draft angles in the making of a production pattern? Or in the cast process? Just clarifying.. not starting shiznit..
RD

Ken F
04-17-2002, 07:16 PM
RiverDave,
Can't explain why it happened, but the sentence should have read:
It is easy to look at a finished piece, and see where the problems were with the mold, the pattern, draft angles, ect. and the finish work or lack of after a casting is finished. If you have time at some point,......
Now Dave, I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you or anyone else. I'll just disappear first. I've visited this board twice in the last year, and have stayed away because of all the petty bickering, name calling, ect. which seems to go on here. I came back a couple of days ago, and was prompted to post in this perticular subject partly because it is something which I know a little about, and partly to see what would happen. I was pleasently supprised by HB! <G>
I did not claim to be a "a "self proclaimed expert on the matter". I think if you read back through my post, your exageration will be evident, and the tone of your post definatly is antagonistic.
I agree with HammerDown. You people can Ugly yourselves to death, maybe I'll check again in another 6 months.
Ken F

HBjet
04-17-2002, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by HammerDown:
Holy crap, I've never seen so much ****ing baby bullshit in my life! And its no were else but here.
Someone ask's a question about Aggressor, and the God Damm same(((Girls))) start there same B.S. Well Quote this and quote that...So shit, just answer the question,
stay on the topic and then move on. Just wondering, how old are some of you babys? I'm 44 and I swear I think some of you ****s are still shiting in your pants! Damm shame, this could be a much better place.
P.S. Ken F. Don't get wraped up in this girl school B.S. I talked to ya on the phone...and your way above this nonsense!
HammerDown, I agree with you, Say your piece and leave it at that. That's what I've been trying to do for the longest time. RR1/001 began his first post on this topic was directed towards me, and me only without contributing to the original question. Chet is usually short to follow, or vice versa. I like these boards, but if anyone has an issue with me, email me, I'm not afraid to talk to you. It's obvious that some people are thick headed, and I can't do a damn thing about it. I'm sorry that I get involved in the pissing matches, I try to forget "The Chet & Slowy" show and post my opinions. If you notice, there starting everything. So sorry again!
KenF, what this mean? I was pleasently supprised by HB!
HBjet
BTW, Chet Slowy, this used to be fun a very long time ago, and it's all old news. So AGAIN When I post something, post your input, and leave it at that. Thanks in advance...

RR1/ 001
04-17-2002, 08:18 PM
HB I`v sent you 3 E mails about your Bashing!
No Reply...
Now don't get in to this little baby shit "they started it crap"
I didn't even post in this topic until your post said: Personally, I would get a few other shops opinions since HI TECH pushes Aggressor over other mfg's.
Now grow the **** up!
There`s only one shop for you and only one pump for you.
OK we Got it! BFD

RR1/ 001
04-17-2002, 08:52 PM
Hell I`ll even call ya if you E mail me your # ??????
racing@msinter.net

77charger
04-17-2002, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Johnwithjm:
[This message has been edited by RR1/ 001 (edited April 17, 2002).]All this racing smack is getting me uptight. Just kidding I have run all kinds of impellers and bowls and my best times and mph have come with Berkley stuff. But everyone should run what works for them. I run aggressor stuff in my river boat and it works good.
good point there john.w hat works on one boat might not work on another.

Blown Sleek
04-17-2002, 09:07 PM
I run Agressor impellor and berkely everything else!! Sure would be happy to try Agressor Bowl for the pure sake of learning!! Please dave? P.S. Dave does not know me from? As for anyother oppinions boltem to the back of my boat I will be happy to prove whatever! (in the end we will allbenefeit) (as customers and boaters)

Blown Sleek
04-17-2002, 09:09 PM
Any of you going to bbsp? Hey Charger.

77charger
04-17-2002, 09:11 PM
yup leaving fri hopefully by three call me on my cell# will be at speed alley sat morn.

MissHBjet
04-17-2002, 09:28 PM
[This message has been edited by MissHBjet (edited April 17, 2002).]

HBjet
04-17-2002, 09:30 PM
HB I`v sent you 3 E mails about your Bashing!
No Reply...
Now don't get in to this little baby shit "they started it crap"
I didn't even post in this topic until your post said: Personally, I would get a few other shops opinions since HI TECH pushes Aggressor over other mfg's.
Now grow the **** up!
There`s only one shop for you and only one pump for you.
OK we Got it! BFD
Right now my home email isn't working, sorry. It will be fixed tomorrow between 10am-12pm. Sorry Slowy!
Personally, I would get a few other shops opinions since HI TECH pushes Aggressor over other mfg's.
What so bashing about that? I said what I would do personally. Can't you F'ng read! Do you understand vocabulary? Geese Slowy!
Do use a favor and just go get that bad ass jet hydro in the low 12's. haha!

future boater
04-17-2002, 09:43 PM
Dude get a hold of your self.
If your not a "Follower" then why did you come in this topic after the shit hit the fan? its been up for a few days, where were you? Do you have something to add to this topic? Look jester ordered "the whole setup complete" looks like your to late :O
Face it your a "Follower"
i've been sick with the flu. i didnt lose anything it sounded like a good deal i never said it was not. why i posted here is in my last post. you said before that you go out of your way to try things that dont work so you can prove all of them(the people that say it wont work)wrong well how is your 100mph hydro doing? by the time you get done poring money into that thing you could of had a 8 second boat. i guess your rite i am a follower those who posses common sense do stick together....

RR1/ 001
04-17-2002, 09:53 PM
Right now my home email isn't working, sorry. It will be fixed tomorrow between 10am-12pm. Sorry Slowy!
Personally, I would get a few other shops opinions since HI TECH pushes Aggressor over other mfg's.
What so bashing about that? I said what I would do personally. Can't you F'ng read! Do you understand vocabulary? Geese Slowy!
Do use a favor and just go get that bad ass jet hydro in the low 12's. haha!
I just checked my E mail`s and there was no PH# for you??? Sack up !!! let`s talk!
Those e mails I sent you, didn't get sent today! You knew that!
Low 12`s, ok I`ll do that just for you.
Get your last word in because I`m done with you until You sack up and send that PH#

RR1/ 001
04-17-2002, 09:57 PM
future boater, oh hell, for get it.Your lost!

RiverDave
04-18-2002, 07:42 AM
I did not claim to be a "a "self proclaimed expert on the matter". I think if you read back through my post, your exageration will be evident, and the tone of your post definatly is antagonistic.
Ken, your absolutely right.. It did come off fairly antagonistic. I apologize for that.
RD http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

disco_charger
04-18-2002, 10:53 PM
OK, I'm confused why this has turned soooo ugly. If I go to Ming in May, do I have to throw down with someone cause they drive a ford and I won't buy one. I almost feel guilty that I questioned the Aggresor. It seems like people got real hot about other opinions. I sense that there's some history here that I missed. Kids, this "meet me by the bike racks after school" attitude just seems silly.
Disco (wearing his helmet)

RiverDave
04-19-2002, 07:42 AM
I sense that there's some history here that I missed.
Disco there's some history there.. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/frown.gif
I apologized to Ken. F. for my antagonistic post.. Figured I'd stop before I got to wrapped up in it.. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif
RD