PDA

View Full Version : If you could do it all over again....

SCUBA STEVE
02-03-2005, 07:30 AM
What boat would you buy, and why? Lets be realistic on this, not some $500k boat :D (unless you got it like that) :cool:
As for me, the 21' jet boat is my second boat, I was happy with it, to be honest I am still learning how to master that focker. I purchased a jet for 2 reasons, I wanted a rooster and I did not want to worry about my daughter (or anyone) jumping off the back of the boat and getting cut up by the prop.
Figuring a Jet is just over all safer, (since I am still a rookie) and you can go into shallow water.
This I hope will be my final year with the jet, the learning, and getting beat to sh*t on holiday weekends. We are really considering a lot of boats, out there.
1. Magic Deck!! That boat has been our dream boat for some time!! But not sure if we want to become an instant water taxi.
2. 28-29 deep vee with mid cabin. DCB & Magic/Sleek are at the top of my list, but will look at other makers as well
If $ becomes an issue I will scale down a bit.
And look at any 24'-25' vee. ULtra's stealth has always caught my eye, as well as Ultra's 23 deck.
So basically we are pretty wide open with our choices, $, ride, customer service, and hopefully some of our HB friends input will help us decide on what is next in line for us. :D
Riding in Trojan Dan's 29' Magic, is great (especially since I don't have to drive) but I really don't like sitting on the rear bench and not being able to see over the bow. Not complaining, just not used to it. :confused: :rollside:
I also hit my head all the time going through the mid cabin, in his boat as well as Bobaloos boat (25' eliminator). I must have a big head. :D

INSman
02-03-2005, 07:38 AM
As $$$ is a concern for most of us, in my humble opinion based upon what you are looking for, I might add a DANA 27' Offshore, open or closed bow.
Certainly they are no DCB, but it doesn't have the accompanying price tag either. Great write-ups and just a great boat period that offers tremendous value and excellent customer service.

Bullship
02-03-2005, 07:41 AM
What boat would you buy, and why? Lets be realistic on this, not some $500k boat :D (unless you got it like that) :cool:
As for me, the 21' jet boat is my second boat, I was happy with it, to be honest I am still learning how to master that focker. I purchased a jet for 2 reasons, I wanted a rooster and I did not want to worry about my daughter (or anyone) jumping off the back of the boat and getting cut up by the prop.
Figuring a Jet is just over all safer, (since I am still a rookie) and you can go into shallow water.
This I hope will be my final year with the jet, the learning, and getting beat to sh*t on holiday weekends. We are really considering a lot of boats, out there.
1. Magic Deck!! That boat has been our dream boat for some time!! But not sure if we want to become an instant water taxi.
2. 28-29 deep vee with mid cabin. DCB & Magic/Sleek are at the top of my list, but will look at other makers as well
If $ becomes an issue I will scale down a bit.
And look at any 24'-25' vee. ULtra's stealth has always caught my eye, as well as Ultra's 23 deck.
So basically we are pretty wide open with our choices, $, ride, customer service, and hopefully some of our HB friends input will help us decide on what is next in line for us. :D
Riding in Trojan Dan's 29' Magic, is great (especially since I don't have to drive) but I really don't like sitting on the rear bench and not being able to see over the bow. Not complaining, just not used to it. :confused: :rollside:
I also hit my head all the time going through the mid cabin, in his boat as well as Bobaloos boat (25' eliminator). I must have a big head. :D
If you want a vee don't forget to look at the Dana 27 and the Nordic 28 Heat
both will give you a lot of bang for the buck. If dollars are a concern the 29 Cheetah offshore is hard to beat.

BarryMac
This is a great topic SS. I'm with you, I love my JetBoat, it is great for the Lower River where we spend 90% of our time, but eventually I will wanna step up too something a little bit bigger that will handle the rougher waters of Havasu, Parker and Mojave, I think that this http://ultraboats.com/admin/images/232.jpg Ultra's 24' Stealth would be the ultimate boat for me, with the right power it would suit me just fine. On top of that it isn't so big that the lower River would be out of question for us...

SCUBA STEVE
As $$$ is a concern for most of us, in my humble opinion based upon what you are looking for, I might add a DANA 27' Offshore, open or closed bow.
Certainly they are no DCB, but it doesn't have the accompanying price tag either. Great write-ups and just a great boat period that offers tremendous value and excellent customer service.
Would there be a difference in ride from a 27'-29'?
I take it you are stepping up, thats why your boat is for sale?
Oh yeah if I do go DCB it will be used. :rollside:

dmontzsta
02-03-2005, 07:44 AM
21' Schiada or RaysonCraft with a blown BB. What else do you need? :2purples:
Put the smack down on the bigger boats in the rough stuff and hand the small boats there ass too.

Bullship
02-03-2005, 07:46 AM
Your 21 is probably a 22 degree v bottom. The Dana and Nordic and I believe the Cheetah also are 24 degree deep v's. So the ride would be much improved with any one of the three.

INSman
02-03-2005, 07:46 AM
I just personally can't do the used thing, although somewhat smart. The 27' vs 29' just depends on the boat. That particular 27' hull is just downright awesome, big lake all day and big blue with no problems. Some 29's may be slightly better, but many would pale in comparison (no name mentions).
Dana is building a 30' here very soon, so maybe a consideration as well, just more to tow around, more expensive, and now you would have twins. I think the smartest dollar is on a new 27' with you choices of everything !!

SCUBA STEVE
02-03-2005, 07:50 AM
This is a great topic SS. I'm with you, I love my JetBoat, it is great for the Lower River where we spend 90% of our time, but eventually I will wanna step up too something a little bit bigger that will handle the rougher waters of Havasu, Parker and Mojave, I think that this http://ultraboats.com/admin/images/232.jpg Ultra's 24' Stealth would be the ultimate boat for me, with the right power it would suit me just fine. On top of that it isn't so big that the lower River would be out of question for us...
I think more then anything Ultra's gel just make's me want one! :p
That is another reasons why I would consider a 24', just to be albe to handle the lower river as well as the big lakes, easier for Monique to drive as well. :cool:

SCUBA STEVE
02-03-2005, 07:52 AM
I just personally can't do the used think, although somewhat smart. The 27' vs 29' just depends on the boat. That particular 27' hull is just downright awesome, big lake all day and big blue with no problems. Some 29's may be slightly better, but many would pale in comparison (no name mentions).
Dana is building a 30' here very soon, so maybe a consideration as well, just more to tow around, more expensive, and now you would have twins. I think the smartest dollar is on a new 27' with you choices of everything !!
Believe me used is not my first choice, but some times that is the best choice. :hammerhea :cool:
Thanks for your input. :cool:

BarryMac
02-03-2005, 07:55 AM
I think more then anything Ultra's gel just make's me want one! :p
That is another reasons why I would consider a 24', just to be albe to handle the lower river as well as the big lakes, easier for Monique to drive as well. :cool:
Exactly, on top of that the boat like the one pictured with a 496Mag is under 60K, not the cheapest but in my opinion a pretty good price... :idea:

OGShocker
02-03-2005, 08:00 AM
[QUOTE=INSman]I just personally can't do the used think, although somewhat smart. The 27' vs 29' just depends on the boat. That particular 27' hull is just downright awesome, big lake all day and big blue with no problems. Some 29's may be slightly better, but many would pale in comparison (no name mentions).
QUOTE]
The Dana 27, is an "ALL BOAT" 27 footer. The center line is 27'2". A lot of 28-29's with incorperated swim steps have a center line which is very close. The INSman (not that INS) is right, the 27' handles big lake and moderate ocean seas as good as anything out there. IMHO. If I had it to over... I would not change a thing.. Well, I might go bigger on the STEREO. :D

THOR
02-03-2005, 08:05 AM
I picked mine on two principles; performance and appeal to me.
I like the lines of my Ultra 247 and feel they have a little more of sleek look than did the 24' Stealth. Also, it is a tad faster and has a more aggressive bottom than the others in the same class. But, after researching a lot of builders, few did the detail work and few were willing to ammend the original design to incorporate a more personalized boat. I was able to take some things out I didnt like, and put things in I did with no hassle at all.

Artv
02-03-2005, 08:06 AM
I'll answer the question after I leave the boat show. I bought my boat used from my brother, at the time this is all I could afford. If everything goes as it should in AZ, I will be ordering my new boat at next years boat show. The wife and I love the 28ft deck boat from magic, but we also like the 24ft magnum from Orion. I would love to see what the 24ft magnum open bow looks like.

Jbb
02-03-2005, 08:13 AM
No Question.....Nortech..
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/860DSCF0049j4.JPG
If not that.......Bubbles...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/860post-7-1060969237.jpg

UnionJack
02-03-2005, 08:16 AM
It would have a #6

SCUBA STEVE
02-03-2005, 08:20 AM
I picked mine on two principles; performance and appeal to me.
I like the lines of my Ultra 247 and feel they have a little more of sleek look than did the 24' Stealth. Also, it is a tad faster and has a more aggressive bottom than the others in the same class. But, after researching a lot of builders, few did the detail work and few were willing to ammend the original design to incorporate a more personalized boat. I was able to take some things out I didnt like, and put things in I did with no hassle at all.
Thor, I did not know there were 2 different versions of Ultra's 24. :confused:
I thought the 247 was the same as their 24 Stealth? One of the reasons why I started this thread up so I am not so dopie. :D

Jordy
02-03-2005, 08:21 AM
Damn JBB, think there are enough #6's on the back of that rig??? :eek: :cool:
Scuba, DCB??? You're not taking pointers from Migirl are you??? :D :D
As far as boats, I think I'll hang onto my 19' jet as it's a blast and nice for little quick trips to the lake as well as down below Havasu. Other than that, once the Schiada sells, I'm looking at bigger boats. Like 30+ with twins. Havasu, Catalina, San Diego. Bigger boats. :D :D :D

slink
02-03-2005, 08:32 AM
I wouldn't change a thing. Absolutely love my 25' Tremor. It's perfect for my family needs and rides perfect. Plus with the 496HO, I'm constantly at 70MPH (w/out Mama and kids)which is plenty fast enough for me. The customer service at SW is also top notch, from the friendly greeting of Jenn at the door, to Barry & Bob walking and talking you through every step of the process, cant be beat. SS, make sure you check out Shockwave in your search. IMHO best boat for the $$$$$$$

SCUBA STEVE
02-03-2005, 08:34 AM
Damn JBB, think there are enough #6's on the back of that rig??? :eek: :cool:
Scuba, DCB??? You're not taking pointers from Migirl are you??? :D :D
As far as boats, I think I'll hang onto my 19' jet as it's a blast and nice for little quick trips to the lake as well as down below Havasu. Other than that, once the Schiada sells, I'm looking at bigger boats. Like 30+ with twins. Havasu, Catalina, San Diego. Bigger boats. :D :D :D
No silly, just know that DCB is very a respectable maker, and as far as I know, no one has anything bad to say about them. I have been in a mach 26 before, and was very impressed, just not impressed with the insurance.... Scuba not adding cat's the list. If insurance is counting deck boat's as cat hulls as well, deck boats will be out as well.
I really don't even want to dump my jet, for the same reasons you are keeping yours. I just can't swing 2 boats at this time, but you never know what will happen after this season. :cool: :2purples:
So you are going to tow from here to Long Beach? :2purples:

THOR
02-03-2005, 08:34 AM
Thor, I did not know there were 2 different versions of Ultra's 24. :confused:
I thought the 247 was the same as their 24 Stealth? One of the reasons why I started this thread up so I am not so dopie. :D
The 24 Stealth has a 102" beam and the 247 had a 96" beam. Ultra discontinued the 247 line because of two companies making horrific splashes. I saw one of the company's attempt at making one while at the boat show and it didnt even resemble my boat. Too bad. I dont blame John West for wanting to be dis-associated with the knock offs.

rrrr
02-03-2005, 08:37 AM
No Question.....Nortech..
Damn, that's just dirty. What a fookin' monster. Scuba, the Ultra gel work is awesome. The pic posted above is a beautiful boat. Here's another one I really thought was a stunner...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/41423ShadowDeck2.jpg

SCUBA STEVE
02-03-2005, 08:40 AM
I wouldn't change a thing. Absolutely love my 25' Tremor. It's perfect for my family needs and rides perfect. Plus with the 496HO, I'm constantly at 70MPH (w/out Mama and kids)which is plenty fast enough for me. The customer service at SW is also top notch, from the friendly greeting of Jenn at the door, to Barry & Bob walking and talking you through every step of the process, cant be beat. SS, make sure you check out Shockwave in your search. IMHO best boat for the $$$$$$$
Shockwave? Then some one will say I copied Frenchie... J/K :D

Jordy
02-03-2005, 08:45 AM
So you are going to tow from here to Long Beach? :2purples:
Long Beach, San Diego, Havasu. Where ever I need to go. I've got the truck for it. Besides, every one I'm looking at is on the East Coast. I figure after dragging it across the country, dragging it to Cali isn't a big deal. :D

SCUBA STEVE
02-03-2005, 08:45 AM
Damn, that's just dirty. What a fookin' monster. Scuba, the Ultra gel work is awesome. The pic posted above is a beautiful boat. Here's another one I really thought was a stunner...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/41423ShadowDeck2.jpg
Hell yeah!! As soon as I saw the 23' deck, I thought it would be the perfect fit for me & the family. Some open space, the cat hull should handle havasu decent, the size is not over whelming, and it's not big enough to be a water taxi. (could also tow with a 6banger if needed) My daughter would like something with a cuddy, but she doesnt pay the bills, lol
Any reports from owners on the 23' deck yet? :confused:

GHTRIM
02-03-2005, 08:46 AM
I am a big fan of V hulls. They ride well on any lake that developes chop (Havasu's boat chop, Meads wheather chop, etc.) If you have kids it gives them a shaded place to chill (except in mid summer there is no place to hide but in the water :D. This brings me to boats. Nordic Rage 25' (no drop out bolsters :frown: ) Nordic Heat 28' (drop out bolsters :D ) 24+' Bajas are nice as well. All of the boats listed above are great boats too. I wish I was stuck with your discission on purchasing a new boat. Don't tell anyone but in the past year I have really come to like cats / decks (very fast and user friendly). Good luck on looking for your new boat. (my .01) :cool:

dicudmore
02-03-2005, 08:49 AM
I just personally can't do the used thing, although somewhat smart. The 27' vs 29' just depends on the boat. That particular 27' hull is just downright awesome, big lake all day and big blue with no problems. Some 29's may be slightly better, but many would pale in comparison (no name mentions).
Hey, u bagging on my boat? :hammer2: :eek: :cry:
Ok I'm over it :rolleyes:

SCUBA STEVE
02-03-2005, 08:50 AM
Long Beach, San Diego, Havasu. Where ever I need to go. I've got the truck for it. Besides, every one I'm looking at is on the East Coast. I figure after dragging it across the country, dragging it to Cali isn't a big deal. :D
Cool, check your p.m. :cool:

SCUBA STEVE
02-03-2005, 08:52 AM
I am a big fan of V hulls. They ride well on any lake that developes chop (Havasu's boat chop, Meads wheather chop, etc.) If you have kids it gives them a shaded place to chill (except in mid summer there is no place to hide but in the water :D. This brings me to boats. Nordic Rage 25' (no drop out bolsters :frown: ) Nordic Heat 28' (drop out bolsters :D ) 24+' Bajas are nice as well. All of the boats listed above are great boats too. I wish I was stuck with your discission on purchasing a new boat. Don't tell anyone but in the past year I have really come to like cats / decks (very fast and user friendly). Good luck on looking for your new boat. (my .01) :cool:
School a focking Jet boat guy.... what are bolsters? (ok I'll take the heat for not knowing) :confused:

dicudmore
02-03-2005, 08:53 AM
School a focking Jet boat guy.... what are bolsters? (ok I'll take the heat for not knowing) :confused:
the seat bottoms that fold away so you can drive standing up
EDIT: I don't have 'em..... I guess that must be the $25,000 difference between this boat and some other similar sized ones

HCS
02-03-2005, 08:58 AM
I will always own my ski boat. What I plan on doing is buying another boat.
3 boats are better than one. Next is a plat form party boat then a blown flattie. Then I'll be set. :rollside:

GHTRIM
02-03-2005, 09:04 AM
Bolsters are the seats that the ass section drops out. This way you can still have the seat around you and stand and drive. Very comfortable... I almost NEVER have my seat up. If you don't have Bolsters your always sitting or driving with you knees in the seat or sitting on the back of the seat. Drop out Bolsters are the way to go... :D

INSman
02-03-2005, 09:09 AM
Hell yeah!! As soon as I saw the 23' deck, I thought it would be the perfect fit for me & the family. Some open space, the cat hull should handle havasu decent, the size is not over whelming, and it's not big enough to be a water taxi. (could also tow with a 6banger if needed) My daughter would like something with a cuddy, but she doesnt pay the bills, lol
Any reports from owners on the 23' deck yet? :confused:
Steve
I don't know if you like the gel or not, but my 23' is a perfect boat, used only (1) season, does everything you need it to do and run 70+ mph all day. Fully loaded with all the goodies with a $7k stereo all for under $49k, not too much to tow either
Can't beat that with a stick !! :hammer2: :hammer2:

dicudmore
02-03-2005, 09:15 AM
Steve
I don't know if you like the gel or not, but my 23' is a perfect boat, used only (1) season, does everything you need it to do and run 70+ mph all day. Fully loaded with all the goodies with a $7k stereo all for under $49k, not too much to tow either
True statement.....that's a NICE NICE boat

THOR
02-03-2005, 09:18 AM
Steve
I cant attest that this boat is NICE! Clean and fast.

SCUBA STEVE
02-03-2005, 09:31 AM
Steve
Gotta wait till the end of the year/begining of next year. :hammer2:

SCUBA STEVE
02-03-2005, 09:32 AM
You know what, I think I'll just dump the Jet boat, and become a boat ***** and invite myself to go with everyone instead. I promise to bring $, beer and Mrs Scuba. :D :D

Tremor Therapy
02-03-2005, 09:35 AM
I too love my Shockwave Tremor, and I moved up from a 21 foot jet. I will not lie, there are many a day I miss that boat, and the ability to go all over the lower parts of the river with no outdrive worries.
But if I could do it all over again, I would have opted for one of the blue motors, or a move up to the 29! I love that boat, and if everything works out, one is in the future!

Shock21
02-03-2005, 09:38 AM
I am with you Steve, I was really attracted to the Ultra 23' deck...looks real nice for the family, I think they want 61K to start. I'd like to hear from anyone with one as well, we love our Shockwave 21', but wouldn't mind steppin up...

THOR
02-03-2005, 09:39 AM
You know what, I think I'll just dump the Jet boat, and become a boat ***** and invite myself to go with everyone instead. I promise to bring $, beer and Mrs Scuba. :D :D
To be honest with you Steve, most folks wouldnt mind that because:
1-you know how to treat a boat correctly
2-you would offer $$$ for gas, etc
3-you would offer or bring beer and plenty of it
4-Mrs Scuba (nuuf said)
I dont mind people coming with me, just so long as they offer to help. I dont even really need them to chip in for the gas $$ cuz I would have been going to the river anyway. But, the offer is nice.

SCUBA STEVE
02-03-2005, 09:46 AM
To be honest with you Steve, most folks wouldnt mind that because:
1-you know how to treat a boat correctly
2-you would offer $$$ for gas, etc
3-you would offer or bring beer and plenty of it
4-Mrs Scuba (nuuf said)
I dont mind people coming with me, just so long as they offer to help. I dont even really need them to chip in for the gas $$ cuz I would have been going to the river anyway. But, the offer is nice.
I have actually thought of going that route for a season, just to get a head and save for a new boat & rig.
But knowing my ass I wount save a dime. :cry: :p
Hey when did ****** = Wh*re? :rollside:

boatnam2
02-03-2005, 09:54 AM
i think when you get a bigger boat ie: a 28ft deckboat or big v the things you will notice most is the open water ride and comfort also driving the thing is the easy part.now the towing ,backing into a garage,pulling up to a dock with only one open space on a moving river,putting the boat in,pulling it out,pulling into a gas station these are the things that take getting use to.sometimes just can throw it in like 21ftr by yourself you need help.also the wash factor on the bigger boats is a pain.gas,insurance should come into play also.i love the bigger boat but sometimes when im at parker and i just want to run up and have a cocktail and the boat isnt in the water i think man it would be nice to have a smaller boat to throw in real quick and take a little cruise.maybe look into storage will the new boat fit where you park it.

boatnam2
02-03-2005, 09:56 AM
almost forgot scube anytime your in parker and want to try my deckboat your welcome :rollside:

SCUBA STEVE
02-03-2005, 10:17 AM
almost forgot scube anytime your in parker and want to try my deckboat your welcome :rollside:
Cool thanks,. :D You make some excellent points about jumping up from a 21 to a 28. Bigger boat, bigger rig, bigger storage, more time cleaning, etc. :mix: Good thing my daughter is getting older, she'll have more chores to do... j/k :D

TrojanDan
02-03-2005, 11:04 AM
All good points Boatnam. Steve, buy used and save serious cash. Let someone else take the hit when they try unloading their boat after one season. :eek:
Don't forget with the mid-cabin dealio it's great having two locking/sliding doors for privacy. What's the point of a mid-cabin and not having doors on each end. I personally hate the wide open door look on the new Magic Wizards (they can still build it with the doors though). To each their own I guess.
So you're a rookie still after 4 years of boating?? :hammerhea :D
Oh yeah, the reason you do hit your head on my door is because your head is big! :)

SCUBA STEVE
02-03-2005, 11:09 AM
All good points Boatnam. Steve, buy used and save serious cash. Let someone else take the hit when they try unloading their boat after one season. :eek:
Don't forget with the mid-cabin dealio it's great having two locking/sliding doors for privacy. What's the point of a mid-cabin and not having doors on each end. I personally hate the wide open door look on the new Magic Wizards (they can still build it with the doors though). To each their own I guess.
So you're a rookie still after 4 years of boating?? :hammerhea :D
Oh yeah, the reason you do hit your head on my door is because your head is big! :)
Focker!! :rollside:
Actually only 3 years, hey man I admit I don't know it all. :D
Started off on Jason's sea doo's in 98, finally got my first boat in 2002. Parents never introduced me to the lake scene. :confused:

mbrown2
02-03-2005, 11:23 AM
I personally would not change a thing...
But if I was in a 21 like you, wanted to step up to Havasu, wanted to avoid cat insurance, wanted a good 24-25, then pick up a used 25 Howard Bullet or 25 Nordic Rage....Both those boths have nice room, open bow possibilities, and can run really fast for V's with a little bit of power in them. Also, stick with a 496 to avoid Insurance woes...
There is a guy on this board selling a 25 bullet with 496, and you can find Nordic Rage's in the trader. I have been in SBullet's 25 Rage and it is a really nice boat in Havasu chop, and quick as well. Both the Nordic and Howard make a pretty quick 25 V....
I would not avoid going used...great deals to be had and let someone else bear the brunt of depreciation..

canuck1
02-03-2005, 11:31 AM
I thought I was doing good moving up from a 13' to a 16'

LAVEYSABRE575
02-03-2005, 11:35 AM
If i was doing all over again, i would seriously consider the howard 28 bullet with big power teague 800, or ive considered a malibu wakesetter boat...derek

AZKC
02-03-2005, 11:36 AM
I'm hoping to step up to one I don't have to paddle :messedup: :notam: :D

fat rat
02-03-2005, 02:11 PM
I love my 21" Daytona, but it has no interior room/space, I think a 21'- 22' deck would have been right up my alley. :cool:

Throttle
02-03-2005, 03:02 PM
just stepped up to Cobra 260 razor with 496HO... comin from my 210 viper, lots more boat to enjoy. could have had anything, but still got more than I need. :)

Kilrtoy
02-03-2005, 03:15 PM
:
You are such a liar, you dont even have a daughter and if you did, I know for a fact you would never taker her..... :rollside:

Kilrtoy
02-03-2005, 03:16 PM
i just did buy it... :cool:

speedneeder
02-03-2005, 04:18 PM
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/5/7/77826557.htm

DEMOMAN
02-03-2005, 04:23 PM
If You Have The $$$. I Would Buy The Cat. If Not I Would Recommend Ultras 24, No Complaints Here.

riverbound
02-03-2005, 04:45 PM
The boat I really want is the 29 Fountain realisticly I will have to go used. But I dont think I could sell my boat I have now too much money and sentiment.

surfer2001
02-03-2005, 04:50 PM
I went for the 25 foot Nordic Rage, it’s the fastest 496 HO V-Hull available. I get 77+ with minimum gas and two people. It will run 70+ full of gas and 6 adults. The boat handles Havasu chop with no problems. It also turns like no other. I got a deal, new 04 with options 62K + tax & 5 year extended warrentee. Currently, at the boat show there selling mine for 72K + fees. I tested Nordic, Hallett, and also Howard. In my opinion those three are the best quality and workmanship. The Hallett was too heavy and slow, the Howard was the best, but 20K more expensive. I also liked the party boats, but experiences taught me to keep the crowd to 6~9 people, more people than that its just to much to manage. So if you don’t need a boat for over 10~12 a 25’ V-bottom mid-cabin works really well. I put 130 trouble free hours on mine last year.
I’ve got a house on the parker strip, and we go out almost every weekend during the summer. Essex, Eliminator, Ultra, Shockwaves, Aftershock, are very nice, but for the best quality go for one of the three I mentioned.
Foot Note: The Nordic factory is in Havasu, also the 28 is nice but then you need to go to a big ass motor, 600+HP to get the speed. The 28 runs over 115K with the right power.
good luck, GO NORDIC

clownpuncher
02-03-2005, 05:00 PM
In all honesty I wouldn't change a thing. We mainly boat on the river (Parker, lower colorado) so the 21 foot jet is perfect, even in Parker because it's usually a midweek trip and not a lot of the big boys are out then.
The sound system is dialed and I have more than decent power under the lid. Trips usually involve only my wife and I.
Maybe one of these days I'll grow up and get a big'n, but, not too likely. I'm a river dude. :wink:
Some of ya might recognize the driver and his wife. :cool:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/53612-med.jpg

rrrr
02-03-2005, 05:01 PM
Lemme tell you, bringing $ and beer is more than some of my "friends" do. The beautiful Mrs. S is payment enough anyway..... :D :D

Troubles No More
02-03-2005, 05:01 PM
I think you need to have two boats, a hotrod built for speed with a nice ride and easy to drive (Howard Bullet).
The second boat (Malibu Sunscape 25) is for playing on the water, skiing, wakeboarding etc. This would be my ideal choice if I had the $$$$$. I don’t think there’s is the perfect boat out there and that’s why you need two boats.
Choosing your new boat is a very personal decision. You just need to ask yourself what you want to do with your time on the water.
Think about the places where your family spends time, the type of water you will be boating - lake/ river and other places you may travel to. The best part is looking for a new boat…Good luck

Phat Matt
02-03-2005, 05:25 PM
In all honesty I wouldn't change a thing. We mainly boat on the river (Parker, lower colorado) so the 21 foot jet is perfect, even in Parker because it's usually a midweek trip and not a lot of the big boys are out then.
The sound system is dialed and I have more than decent power under the lid. Trips usually involve only my wife and I.
Maybe one of these days I'll grow up and get a big'n, but, not too likely. I'm a river dude. :wink:
Some of ya might recognize the driver and his wife. :cool:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/53612-med.jpg
Did Froggy and his wife steal your boat? ;)

ECeptor
02-03-2005, 05:31 PM
given a few extra $$$ to my budget, I'd buy a Superboats y2k and put in a home built +600hp 502ci BBC. Should be good for the mid 80's and at 31'8" and a 7' beam, it would handle any water I can find in the Mid-West - including LOTO!

Phat Matt
02-03-2005, 05:32 PM
I am happy with my first purchase but yeah, I want a bigger boat. I would like to get a deck boat because it would be easier for my dog to get on and off. Plus we like to park and party so I could set up a nice bar on that and the stereo's sound good outside of the boat cuz the V's not holding it in so much. This is what I would like to get, it's just hard to justify spending the money when I have a perfectly good boat.
http://www.eticketboats.com/luxury_cat/luxury_cat-Images/52.jpg http://www.eticketboats.com/luxury_cat/luxury_cat-Images/1.jpg http://www.eticketboats.com/luxury_cat/luxury_cat-Images/28.jpg

SCUBA STEVE
02-03-2005, 05:36 PM
Knuckle head and I were talking about that yesterday. :cool:

SCUBA STEVE
02-03-2005, 05:38 PM
You are such a liar, you dont even have a daughter and if you did, I know for a fact you would never taker her..... :rollside:
Yup please tell your son I no longer have a daughter. :D :hammer2: :D

SCUBA STEVE
02-03-2005, 05:39 PM
Matt, I like to bring a sh*t load of stuff as well. " sorry I don't have room for you bringing the big cooler today" :D

framer1
02-03-2005, 05:40 PM
I have to agree if I was buying a vee I would put this toward top of list. Saw them at boat show they are a very nice boat.

SCUBA STEVE
02-03-2005, 05:44 PM
I have to agree if I was buying a vee I would this toward top of list. Saw them at boat show they are a very nice boat.
What city is Dana located in? :)

framer1
02-03-2005, 05:50 PM
What city is Dana located in? :)
To be honest with you i'm not sure. I was just impressed on how nice the boat was for the price. I also liked the 23 ultra deck. Well I found it:Dana Perfromance Boats 5132 Holt Blvd. Montclair, CA 909-399-4044

BOBALOO
02-03-2005, 06:03 PM
Dang it Steve, am I gonna have to put some foam around your head to protect you from yourself ? If you want to bum rides for a summer on a boat with a kick ass stereo and crew (except TJ, Larina is ok though :) ) You are always welcome. Come to think of it I owe you two a weekend on our boat for being our taxi at RD's party.
As far as if I would buy the same boat over I would have to say yes. I moved up from a 19' Hallett jet and thought I might have to take a while getting used to a bigger boat and It has.
I have had to get used to:
NO SORE BACK after a weekend at Havasu
Being able to bring all sorts of useless stuff to the river like, beach chairs, BBQ,s, ez-up's, wakeboards and skiis, and not having to decide what stuff to leave in the truck.
Having more room for STEREO equip, cuz nothing gets the booties shakin like BASS......
Did I mention being able to carry more than 3 ice chests for the non DD passengers so they dont pass out from heat stroke?
Our boat I feel is perfect for us because we can go out on rougher days on the lakes and not worry about making it back, or getting too beat up. Our 25' Eliminator Eagle is a 96 and doesn't have the newest graphics or the smoothest ride of the 25' boats but it does what we want and at under 500 bucks a year for insurance with all the higher limits it leaves room $ to actually use the boat instead of just having one. Did I mention I have NO boat payment.
I feel a used boat 2001 or up in the 25' range might be the way to go for you steve if you decide to do it down the road And I really like the Shockwave for a 25' open cuddy.

INSman
02-03-2005, 07:08 PM
Gotta wait till the end of the year/begining of next year. :hammer2:
If you must, but my Dana will be long gone by then to another happy deserving family :redface:

jackpunx
02-04-2005, 08:53 AM
I would get a Stoker like Jackpunx :cool:
:idea: :D

mbrown2
02-04-2005, 08:59 AM
Hmmmm, always loved that boat at the show...would make a nice Parker hotrod....

jackpunx
02-04-2005, 09:06 AM
Hmmmm, always loved that boat at the show...would make a nice Parker hotrod....
I can tell you that I KNOW SOMEONE will be very happy with that boat :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 09:16 AM
:jawdrop: shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. :D

mbrown2
02-04-2005, 09:21 AM
If I ever build a 21, it will be either your boat or a 21RC.....like the classic nature of the 21RC, but your boat is so much more efficient with mild power (500/525)...maybe in a couple years..

jackpunx
02-04-2005, 09:23 AM
If I ever build a 21, it will be either your boat or a 21RC.....like the classic nature of the 21RC, but your boat is so much more efficient with mild power (500/525)...maybe in a couple years..
but you need something big enough to cary around that motley crew of yours..lol

SCUBA STEVE
02-04-2005, 09:31 AM
Hmmmm I wonder who it could be? :wink: :)

mbrown2
02-04-2005, 09:32 AM
but you need something big enough to cary around that motley crew of yours..lol
Did you not hear...interest rates are going up and friend layoffs are immenient...the friends with least Seniority and less gas money contributions are going first....obviously, girls who are hot might still be able to hang on to their jobs...

jackpunx
02-04-2005, 09:38 AM
Hmmmm I wonder who it could be? :wink: :)
Someone... :confused: :D

SCUBA STEVE
02-04-2005, 09:51 AM
Did you not hear...interest rates are going up and friend layoffs are immenient...the friends with least Seniority and less gas money contributions are going first....obviously, girls who are hot might still be able to hang on to their jobs...
LMAO!! :)

SCUBA STEVE
02-04-2005, 09:53 AM
Someone... :confused: :D
Not just anyone though. :D :cool:

jackpunx
02-04-2005, 09:56 AM
LOL..
Can you write that up into a sticker.. I'll put that shit right on my boat..lol

SCUBA STEVE
02-04-2005, 09:57 AM
Dang it Steve, am I gonna have to put some foam around your head to protect you from yourself ? If you want to bum rides for a summer on a boat with a kick ass stereo and crew (except TJ, Larina is ok though :) ) You are always welcome. Come to think of it I owe you two a weekend on our boat for being our taxi at RD's party.
As far as if I would buy the same boat over I would have to say yes. I moved up from a 19' Hallett jet and thought I might have to take a while getting used to a bigger boat and It has.
I have had to get used to:
NO SORE BACK after a weekend at Havasu
Being able to bring all sorts of useless stuff to the river like, beach chairs, BBQ,s, ez-up's, wakeboards and skiis, and not having to decide what stuff to leave in the truck.
Having more room for STEREO equip, cuz nothing gets the booties shakin like BASS......
Did I mention being able to carry more than 3 ice chests for the non DD passengers so they dont pass out from heat stroke?
Our boat I feel is perfect for us because we can go out on rougher days on the lakes and not worry about making it back, or getting too beat up. Our 25' Eliminator Eagle is a 96 and doesn't have the newest graphics or the smoothest ride of the 25' boats but it does what we want and at under 500 bucks a year for insurance with all the higher limits it leaves room $ to actually use the boat instead of just having one. Did I mention I have NO boat payment.
I feel a used boat 2001 or up in the 25' range might be the way to go for you steve if you decide to do it down the road And I really like the Shockwave for a 25' open cuddy.
Bobby, I think I am going to need a lot more rides this year to get a solid feel of how a 25' handles!! :D
Yeah I'll go with a foam head piece, hopefully that will soften the blow from your cuddy, and from any sucker punchers out there. :rollside: :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 10:15 AM
Who :confused:
that's what I was thinking.. I love that boat..

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 10:20 AM
Maybe next year I can be the DD for your boat & who ever buys that boat. I would do it for Jackpunx also but he does not need one :idea:
what a DD or a stoker.. LOL!! I guess neither..
it is an awesome boat.. who ever gets that boat got an awesome deal.

BADBLOWN572
02-04-2005, 10:22 AM
I know someone who would love to give his wife a great little valentine's day present of a Stoker. Wonder who it could be. :idea: :confused: With that deal, you cant go wrong. :smile:

jackpunx
02-04-2005, 10:23 AM
what a DD or a stoker.. LOL!! I guess neither..
it is an awesome boat.. who ever gets that boat got an awesome deal.
HEY!!!.. Im the DD.. I got the hand cuffs and everything..lol

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 10:23 AM
HEY!!!.. Im the DD.. I got the hand cuffs and everything..lol
LOL!! god know we will need them this year.. :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 10:24 AM
I know someone who would love to give his wife a great little valentine's day present of a Stoker. Wonder who it could be. :idea: :confused: With that deal, you cant go wrong. :smile:
well who ever it is sure is lucky.. I would love that boat. ;)

Jordy
02-04-2005, 10:25 AM
Yeah I'll go with a foam head piece, hopefully that will soften the blow from your cuddy, and from any sucker punchers out there. :rollside: :D
Maybe a helmet would be in order??? :D :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 10:26 AM
Maybe a helmet would be in order??? :D :D
we always carry a spare on our boat just for him.. :D

jackpunx
02-04-2005, 10:26 AM
well who ever it is sure is lucky.. I would love that boat. ;)
I think Jamie might be picking it up for you this weekend

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 10:27 AM
You just keep your hand cuffs away from me :notam:
he does .. but I don't.. ;) :devil:

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 10:27 AM
I think Jamie might be picking it up for you this weekend
:jawdrop: shhhhhhhhhhhh,,,,, ;)

jackpunx
02-04-2005, 10:28 AM
You just keep your hand cuffs away from me :notam:
Bill.. On big weekends.. your sometimes the only guy that makes sense to me..lol
I got handcuffs for you too..lol

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 10:29 AM
Damn I need summer to get here ASAP :frown: I miss seeing Scuba fall down :D
LMAO!! but he does it gracfully.. not like Jamie.. ;) Jamie kind of slowly falls with about 10 hands trying to catch him before hittin the floor.. :supp:

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 10:31 AM
Bill.. On big weekends.. your sometimes the only guy that makes sense to me..lol
I got handcuffs for you too..lol
hey now.. I thought I always made sense.. LOL!! it's the sober ones that don't make sense.. LOL!! :D

jackpunx
02-04-2005, 10:31 AM
Well .. Im about to hit the road.. you guys have fun this weekend.. and if someone takes possesion of this boat.. Please call me so we can giggle and gloat about it.. :D

jackpunx
02-04-2005, 10:32 AM
hey now.. I thought I always made sense.. LOL!! it's the sober ones that don't make sense.. LOL!! :D
I love it when you get drunk.. I always get a lap dance :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 10:35 AM
I love it when you get drunk.. I always get a lap dance :D
LMAO!! Have a great weekend we will call you soon. ;) :shift:

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 10:36 AM
Oh yea I miss that part of summer also :p
soon sweetie soon.. :p

SCUBA STEVE
02-04-2005, 11:13 AM
Damn I need summer to get here ASAP :frown: I miss seeing Scuba fall down :D
Fall down? :confused: I may be top heavy but I got good balance. :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 11:16 AM
Fall down? :confused: I may be top heavy but I got good balance. :D
yah.. one person on each side of you .. :p

SCUBA STEVE
02-04-2005, 11:48 AM
yah.. one person on each side of you .. :p
lol, don't recall that ever happening in my drunken life.. oh wait one time in Rosarito, I needed assistance to get to bed. lol :cool: :hammerhea

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 11:49 AM
lol, don't recall that ever happening in my drunken life.. oh wait one time in Rosarito, I needed assistance to get to bed. lol :cool: :hammerhea
LOL!! it always happens over here.. :notam: :D :D

SCUBA STEVE
02-04-2005, 11:58 AM
LOL!! it always happens over here.. :notam: :D :D
Yeah I thought I could drink anything and everything that night. That was in the late 90's when the girl died from alcohol posioning. So in my drunken state I was thinking I was going to die as well, (no joke) I was telling Monique to call the police as I was puking everything out. :confused: :confused: What the heck were the police going to do??? :rollside:

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 11:59 AM
Yeah I thought I could drink anything and everything that night. That was in the late 90's when the girl died from alcohol posioning. So in my drunken state I was thinking I was going to die as well, (no joke) I was telling Monique to call the police as I was puking everything out. :confused: :confused: What the heck were the police going to do??? :rollside:
LOL!! I here ya.. I have been like that before.. that is why Jamie can not have Tequilla.. that was an ambulance ride .. :jawdrop:

SCUBA STEVE
02-04-2005, 12:04 PM
LOL!! I here ya.. I have been like that before.. that is why Jamie can not have Tequilla.. that was an ambulance ride .. :jawdrop:
No I know what to get him for xmas! j/k :p

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 12:06 PM
No I know what to get him for xmas! j/k :p
LOL!! I know you can also use some 99 bananas.. J/K :smile: :smile:

SCUBA STEVE
02-04-2005, 12:08 PM
LOL!! I know you can also use some 99 bananas.. J/K :smile: :smile:
That just made my stomach go ugggggg :D

jbtrailerjim
02-04-2005, 12:09 PM
I don't think I would do anything different, if could do it all over again. Of course I would have love to gone bigger and faster but I bought what I wanted and what was in my budget. I might of changed up some of the options on it but overall I'm happy with what I bought.
I went to the boat show yesterday and I was talking with John West. He told me he plans on adding a 26ft. Stealth to his line. He said he hopes to have it ready for next years LA Boat Show. Soooooo.......I'm hoping maybe a Ultra 26 Stealth will be in my future. :idea: :cool: :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 12:09 PM
That just made my stomach go ugggggg :D
LMAO!! sorry.. love ya sweetie. :p

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 12:11 PM
I don't think I would do anything different, if could do it all over again. Of course I would have love to gone bigger and faster but I bought what I wanted and what was in my budget. I might of changed up some of the options on it but overall I'm happy with what I bought.
I went to the boat show yesterday and I was talking with John West. He told me he plans on adding a 26ft. Stealth to his line. He said he hopes to have it ready for next years LA Boat Show. Soooooo.......I'm hoping maybe a Ultra 26 Stealth will be in my future. :idea: :cool: :D
I hope you can .. we will be waiting for the update pics.. :D

SCUBA STEVE
02-04-2005, 12:15 PM
Oh really!! :idea:

SCUBA STEVE
02-04-2005, 12:16 PM
LMAO!! sorry.. love ya sweetie. :p
Thanks and do not even think of bringing that stuff tomorrow, remember we are both supposed to be sober. :rolleyes: :)

jbtrailerjim
02-04-2005, 12:21 PM
I hope you can .. we will be waiting for the update pics.. :D
I hope so too.
Hey MRS VEE, I finally saw your boat yesterday in person. OMG, that thing is so sweet!!! Now all I have to do is find you and MR VEE in Havasu and try and bum a ride in that sweet thing. :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 12:33 PM
I hope so too.
Hey MRS VEE, I finally saw your boat yesterday in person. OMG, that thing is so sweet!!! Now all I have to do is find you and MR VEE in Havasu and try and bum a ride in that sweet thing. :D
Thank you.. If you see us just yell at us and we will pick you up. :cool: :smile:

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 12:34 PM
Thanks and do not even think of bringing that stuff tomorrow, remember we are both supposed to be sober. :rolleyes: :)
ya.. the two savages sober.. LOL!!
I have to stay sober I need to drive and we have the kiddo's.. :wink:

Slick
02-04-2005, 12:51 PM
Since I do have to do it all over again, I'm going to get something halfway cool with potential that floats and runs for the time being. Hopefully by next spring at the very latest. I'm resolved to not having a boat this summer. I just need to be back on the water.
Once I get a little better control of things, I think I'll go with a "V" in the 24-26' range. I love the Ultra Stealth, Howard 25 Bullet and a few others. I really don't see myself building a new boat though. Too much of an initial loss. More than likely a few years old Nordic or Sleek in the 28' range. There's so many more used ones to choose from than the 25' range.

MAINEVENT
02-04-2005, 01:43 PM
I thought you were buying a house focker :hammerhea :hammerhea
Anyway we are in the same spot but due to some cercumstances (sp?) we had to wait a bit :notam: OH well we looked at Shockwave 25' Vee very impressed roomy so forth we also looked at the Dana 27' killer boat both open bows with mid cabin we also looked into Cats but for us ($$$$$ was an issue :cry: ) have a payment and high as fock insurance that boat would have sat in storage year round then their is no point IMO But i really like some of the deck boats Ultra 23 was a big hit in my book and the magic deck was nice (but out of my $$$ range)So we stayed with my little canoe and become boat bitches for the big runs LOL
Good and let me know what you end up looking at i wanna ride :hammerhea :D

BoatFloating
02-04-2005, 01:51 PM
Anyway we are in the same spot but due to some cercumstances (sp?) we had to wait a bit :notam: OH well we looked at Shockwave 25' Vee very impressed roomy so forth we also looked at the Dana 27' killer boat both open bows with mid cabin we also looked into Cats but for us ($$$$$ was an issue :cry: ) have a payment and high as fock insurance that boat would have sat in storage year round then their is no point IMO But i really like some of the deck boats Ultra 23 was a big hit in my book and the magic deck was nice (but out of my $$$ range)So we stayed with my little canoe and become boat bitches for the big runs LOL
Just bring your boat bitch towels and you can be my boat bitch at the dam run......

MAINEVENT
02-04-2005, 01:58 PM
Just bring your boat bitch towels and you can be my boat bitch at the dam run......
No Doubt :idea: :idea: ;)

SCUBA STEVE
02-04-2005, 01:59 PM
Gave up on the house idea, no new devlopments in my area, and none closer to my work. :mad: We don't have to pay H.O.A's and I kind of like that right now. We'll remodel our current house AFTER THE NEW BOAT!! LOL (sshhh don't tell Mrs Scuba)
CAT's are not even being considered. :hammerhea We have plenty of time to reasearch and bum rides from every one. :2purples: Good thing that Picnic thing in mohave is coming soon. :wink:

MAINEVENT
02-04-2005, 02:06 PM
Gave up on the house idea, no new devlopments in my area, and none closer to my work. :mad: We don't have to pay H.O.A's and I kind of like that right now. We'll remodel our current house AFTER THE NEW BOAT!! LOL (sshhh don't tell Mrs Scuba)
CAT's are not even being considered. :hammerhea We have plenty of time to reasearch and bum rides from every one. :2purples: Good thing that Picnic thing in mohave is coming soon. :wink:
I'm telling :lightsabe LOL
you mentioned sleek i know roxysnow has a 30' ish and they will be their at the picnic they might give your drunk a$$ another ride this time on the water LOL
call me l8ter